Thread: Next property race winner? SG, Indo, Aussie, M'sia?

Default Next property race winner? SG, Indo, Aussie, M'sia?

Where are you placing your property bets next?
    I invested so far in Indo, SG and Aussie.

Indo
    Upside: huge population, price still cheap, demand is high
    Downside: high interest 8%, local only can buy, weak currency, low rental yield

Sg
    Upside: strong currency, limited, low interest rate, high rental yield
    Downside: expensive, curb on foreign buyers

Aussie
    Upside: easy loan (interest only), high rental yield
    Downside: slow to grow, low population

How about M'sia, HK, China... Any inputs?

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Where are you placing your property bets next?
    I invested so far in Indo, SG and Aussie.

Indo
    Upside: huge population, price still cheap, demand is high
    Downside: high interest 8%, local only can buy, weak currency, low rental yield

Sg
    Upside: strong currency, limited, low interest rate, high rental yield
    Downside: expensive, curb on foreign buyers

Aussie
    Upside: easy loan (interest only), high rental yield
    Downside: slow to grow, low population

How about M'sia, HK, China... Any inputs?
    vested in Msia

Pro: easy loan (up to 70%), rental demand at KLCC vicinity (max 2 km radius), potential upside due to price being cheap and strong S$, very near to SG (easier to manage), BN (UMNO) still expected to remain in power.

Con: legal process maybe length as approval need to be sought from the federal office.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    vested in Msia

Pro: easy loan (up to 70%), rental demand at KLCC vicinity (max 2 km radius), potential upside due to price being cheap and strong S$, very near to SG (easier to manage), BN (UMNO) still expected to remain in power.

Con: legal process maybe length as approval need to be sought from the federal office.
    I think msia can be the next boom. It will benefit from the spillover effect of sg. The pricing at 200-300 sgd per sgft is very attractive. However, the bureaucrat will be the slowing down factor.

indomie, i heard story of google drop building a datacenter in indonesia because of frequent power outage..

is this true?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

vested in Msia

KL property is junk condo. I will never touch there.

of course is Singkapoor lah ... elsewhere, mobs will kill u when they realize their cash losing half of purchasing power yet your condo double in price in the same period
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    indomie, i heard story of google drop building a datacenter in indonesia because of frequent power outage..

is this true?
    Now becoming better. Power outage is getting less, maybe 3-4 times a year. In a highly developed country like sg, u enjoy high level of infrastructures. However, u are paying higher taxes and competition is tough. In Indo there is this type of inconvenience, but there are less competition and lower taxes. This can also means gov poor, but people rich. In sg its the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    of course is Singkapoor lah ... elsewhere, mobs will kill u when they realize their cash losing half of purchasing power yet your condo double in price in the same period
    Singapore has the double advantage of high rental yield and high capital appreciation. The sg gov has supernatural ability to increase or decrease population at will.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Singapore has the double advantage of high rental yield and high capital appreciation. The sg gov has supernatural ability to increase or decrease population at will.
    Good 1... Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by star
    KL property is junk condo. I will never touch there.
    i specifically say KLCC vicinity, not any tom dick harry kl condo. Kl is very big.

Singapore is okay if your loan is 60% is less, because the quantum is very high and any upward swing in interest will be quite severe, not to mention job stability issues. Malaysia (JB) landed is quite okay as quantum is low and land supply will be running low in about 5 years' time. Indonesia seems to be in a bubble state. Australia is simply too far for an average investor.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Singapore is okay if your loan is 60% is less, because the quantum is very high and any upward swing in interest will be quite severe, not to mention job stability issues. Malaysia (JB) landed is quite okay as quantum is low and land supply will be running low in about 5 years' time. Indonesia seems to be in a bubble state. Australia is simply too far for an average investor.
    Indo very high risk as politically not stable, just need a brainless event to trigger a major riot which will end up as opportunistic looting, raping and murdering.

Indo very high risk as politically not stable, just need a brainless event to trigger a major riot which will end up as opportunistic looting, raping and murdering.
    Yup, Indonesia is a very risky place to invest in. When there is riot, they want your life. Even the Chinese are very afraid there. My friend's father (Chinese) got detained by the police and died in the prison.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Yup, Indonesia is a very risky place to invest in. When there is riot, they want your life. Even the Chinese are very afraid there. My friend's father (Chinese) got detained by the police and died in the prison.
    Its a hopeless place. Foreigner still like to go there because easy to earn their (local original) money and the population is huge. As simple as that.