Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LH99 condo..

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Yup agreed on that but of course the sure-win formula is Mr B's no 50% no drop . Not all gems are easily to be spot and besides land price bid will also depend on the stage of economy. I usually use the Masterplan n growth areas as a gauge to compare relativity.
    Me 2. There are many other factors to take into consideration that cannot be easily described here. But once u start buying a few, u get the hang of wat to look out for. I also predict pasir panjang plot ratio must go up. It is a matter of time. If not how to substantiate haw par mrt?

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Does this method of relativity applies when we are comparing apples and oranges which are growing in the same plantation?

Example, new landed built-in psf is $850, land psf is $1300. new Condo built-in psf is $1300. In the same vicinity.. example...(no research done), tanah merah where ECO is sited and the landed around it.
    Bro, no research how to comment. But I do know something about landed even tho I don't have 1. I was looking at serangoon gardens > 20 yrs ago. Looking at 4k land to build up. Wifey say no, so scrap.

Here is what I can share:
    Landed in 90 was going for about 500 psf land price. Today, landed has taken a different turn, people now count based on build up. So a 2000 sq ft land w 4 k built up can easily go for 3mil or more. I think it is crazy but market determines the circumstance.

Oops got to go. Wifey come out liao

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Oh ok, noted. Then do you mind explaining further to me why you would prefer to choose an area without any FH? Whats the demerit of having FH/LH comparison?
    I am neither pro FH or LH. From investment point of view, it is more of identifying which district to zoom into or the areas you think is the hidden gem waiting to be unlocked. If that district you are going into are all LH, then it is pretty much a no brainer. If you are going into an area say with developments that are FH n LH, you will bound to use your own formula or benchmark like this LH project should be selling at 15% lower as compared to another FH project beside it [assuming similar age].

I am neither pro FH or LH. From investment point of view, it is more of identifying which district to zoom into or the areas you think is the hidden gem waiting to be unlocked. If that district you are going into are all LH, then it is pretty much a no brainer. If you are going into an area say with developments that are FH n LH, you will bound to use your own formula or benchmark like this LH project should be selling at 15% lower as compared to another FH project beside it [assuming similar age].
    Ok got it! Thanks guru

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Ok got it! Thanks guru
    haha you're welcome, me no guru just sharing my opinions. Sharing is caring

the meyer road effect might have been understated. I ever had a random Indian asking me how to get to Meyer road when I was waiting for bus along mountbatten road.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, no research how to comment. But I do know something about landed even tho I don't have 1. I was looking at serangoon gardens > 20 yrs ago. Looking at 4k land to build up. Wifey say no, so scrap.

Landed in 90 was going for about 500 psf land price. Today, landed has taken a different turn, people now count based on build up. So a 2000 sq ft land w 4 k built up can easily go for 3mil or more. I think it is crazy but market determines the circumstance.

Yup.. actually .. it was still going for landed psf in 2009. Then 2010, the psf started to move towards the built-in.

Continue.
    First u must zoom in to an estate.
    So now u need to look at 2 options.
    Option 1
    Look at brand new building and check the land price and the built-up price.

Option 2.
    Look at land same size but original state and get price. Work out rebuilt price - this u ask secretariat. Some places can do 2 2 and 1/2 or 3. Sme can do basement. So you really need to familiar with area and knw to what extend u can build to.

Now u can do comparison.

I don't know if this is what u looking at? Or u referring to cluster housing, etc....

haha you're welcome, me no guru just sharing my opinions. Sharing is caring
    This I like !!!!!

Me 2. There are many other factors to take into consideration that cannot be easily described here. But once u start buying a few, u get the hang of wat to look out for. I also predict pasir panjang plot ratio must go up. It is a matter of time. If not how to substantiate haw par mrt?
    Bro, so getting another around the area? Just saw village ad, thinking.....

Quote Originally Posted by smpeh
    Bro, so getting another around the area? Just saw village ad, thinking.....
    U asking me or you thinking of getting 1?

U asking me or you thinking of getting 1?
    Cant be me, too tied up with other commitment as of now

Really hard to be so optimistic like you and phantom bro.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Does this method of relativity applies when we are comparing apples and oranges which are growing in the same plantation?

Example, new landed built-in psf is $850, land psf is $1300. new Condo built-in psf is $1300. In the same vicinity.. example...(no research done), tanah merah where ECO is sited and the landed around it.
    When landed investors speak of location, it refers more to the environment of the landed estate, rather than, for example, being close to an mrt etc.

It is nothing to do with being atas or not, it simply means that the landed owner wants to go home to a house, in a different environment.

Every landed investor has a different view. The better landed estate is always located on a hill; Bukit Timah, Bukit Sembawang, Thomson Hill, Cadecott Hill, the higher side of Soo Chow Garden, the higher side of Bukit Batok (but this area is unfortunately being encroached by the condos) etc.

In short, the locations that historically you find the early British settlement. You will find plenty of greens in these areas, and at the upper storey or attic level, you will hardly see any HDBs, and definitely no factories in view. And because the areas are terrained, the airflow is also much better when compared with a landed estate that sit on a flat area.

In these areas, they are mostly zoned for mixed-landed, so you find a more interesting architecture landscape, with bungalows, semi-ds, terraces within walking distance.

My feel of landed is :
    1. It cannot be too near main road. Govt may extend road and you kanna and also the road noise and polution.
    2. It must be inside. You should drive a car for this case, but your kid may suffer abit. But landed, to me is about seclusive.
    3. Must have nice size land.
    4. I prefer 2 stories. When u old, walking up damn siong.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    When landed investors speak of location, it refers more to the environment of the landed estate, rather than, for example, being close to an mrt etc.

It is nothing to do with being atas or not, it simply means that the landed owner wants to go home to a house, in a different environment.

Every landed investor has a different view. The better landed estate is always located on a hill; Bukit Timah, Bukit Sembawang, Thomson Hill, Cadecott Hill, the higher side of Soo Chow Garden, the higher side of Bukit Batok (but this area is unfortunately being encroached by the condos) etc.

In short, the locations that historically you find the early British settlement. You will find plenty of greens in these areas, and at the upper storey or attic level, you will hardly see any HDBs, and definitely no factories in view. And because the areas are terrained, the airflow is also much better when compared with a landed estate that sit on a flat area.

In these areas, they are mostly zoned for mixed-landed, so you find a more interesting architecture landscape, with bungalows, semi-ds, terraces within walking distance.

Cant be me, too tied up with other commitment as of now

Really hard to be so optimistic like you and phantom bro.
    Bro, dont get me wrong. I am not optimistic. I look at the story and tear it down to facts and take advantage of it.

Economy good - opportunities
    Recession - more opportunities (but u must have $$$)

Bro, dont get me wrong. I am not optimistic. I look at the story and tear it down to facts and take advantage of it.

Economy good - opportunities
    Recession - more opportunities (but u must have $$$)
    Totally agreed. Especially recession where genuine opportunities lies. Citibank at less than $1, that's classic.

Totally agreed. Especially recession where genuine opportunities lies. Citibank at less than $1, that's classic.
    Bro, what u see is on hindsight. Here is the fact. Take a paper and pen to do this exercise. Assuming u have 100k to invest in Citi. Citi's peak was 50+.

Now lets go back to the past, if u have 100k, at which point will u buy (no of shares x value of shares. U can even use averaging. Remember citi was > 50. Please do it on a piece of paper.

Here goes

At 20, will u go in and how many shares ______
    At 10, will u go in and how many shares ______
    At 5, , will u go in and how many shares ______
    At 2.5, will u go in and how many shares ______
    At 1.5, will u go in and how many shares ______

Many got burned by citi. Hahaha, bro, I was 1. But I made from other stocks. citi today is worth less the 10% of its peak.

Bro, look at Keppel Land stocks. Check it's peak and compare to today's price. Take into account the rights issue. Same story, it has not reached its all time high. This one I kanna lottery. My kepland shares today are free...after I sold 1/2 away.

So, what I am trying to tell u, hindsight looks easy. Go into actual implementation, u will never know the lowest point? And by that virtue, many will not enter - always waiting for lowest point.

Many got burned by stocks, especially those who practiced keeping long haul and bot pre Lehman. They are currently suffering what the property owners suffered in 1998. Some stocks never recovered to its hey days. Some stocks did though.

Food for thought.

Bro, what u see is on hindsight. Here is the fact. Take a paper and pen to do this exercise. Assuming u have 100k to invest in Citi. Citi's peak was 50+.

Now lets go back to the past, if u have 100k, at which point will u buy (no of shares x value of shares. U can even use averaging. Remember citi was > 50. Please do it on a piece of paper.

Here goes

At 20, will u go in and how many shares ______
    At 10, will u go in and how many shares ______
    At 5, , will u go in and how many shares ______
    At 2.5, will u go in and how many shares ______
    At 1.5, will u go in and how many shares ______

Many got burned by citi. Hahaha, bro, I was 1. But I made from other stocks. citi today is worth less the 10% of its peak.

Bro, look at Keppel Land stocks. Check it's peak and compare to today's price. Take into account the rights issue. Same story, it has not reached its all time high. This one I kanna lottery. My kepland shares today are free...after I sold 1/2 away.

So, what I am trying to tell u, hindsight looks easy. Go into actual implementation, u will never know the lowest point? And by that virtue, many will not enter - always waiting for lowest point.

Many got burned by stocks, especially those who practiced keeping long haul and bot pre Lehman. They are currently suffering what the property owners suffered in 1998. Some stocks never recovered to its hey days. Some stocks did though.

Food for thought.

Good post! Market kept dropping like there was no end

Coe was less than 10k

But how many people dare to buy given that you don't know if u will have a job tomorrow a not