Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guys, check this out

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    bro

like you I have been calling for a recovery in US since end 2011 ...from what I saw when I lived there ...

I also believe in 3D printing ... its not new ... but took so long to come to Singapore ...

which aspect of 3d printing do u invest in ?
    Stratasys - bot 60, today 100. Hahahaha
    DDD... This 1 bot and sold before they did stock split... Then entered again when dropped... Hahahaha

Actually there are many around like Autodesk, etc...

Stratasys bought Makerbot and enter consumer market...

Look at 4g/lte bro....

See if u like it and the story...

Hi chestnut, 3d printing companies now PE ratio is above 100! Is it a bit too high? People buying are expecting 100 times price to earning ratio.
    I also believe in 3d printing. If every home able to buy a 3d printer we can print toys, hp covers, models etc it will be fun. But production cost need to keep low for printer and materials use.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Hi chestnut, 3d printing companies now PE ratio is above 100! Is it a bit too high? People buying are expecting 100 times price to earning ratio.
    I also believe in 3d printing. If every home able to buy a 3d printer we can print toys, hp covers, models etc it will be fun. But production cost need to keep low for printer and materials use.

believe it bro ...

I have seen a gun being printed ... a chair , a table ... live size not those masak type ...

what about 3DSystem ?

I believe its the biggest 3D printer manufacturer now ...

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Stratasys - bot 60, today 100. Hahahaha
    DDD... This 1 bot and sold before they did stock split... Then entered again when dropped... Hahahaha

Actually there are many around like Autodesk, etc...

Stratasys bought Makerbot and enter consumer market...

Look at 4g/lte bro....

See if u like it and the story...

Quote Originally Posted by star
    If you look at the stats, it is not worth to buy.... Sorry... It is about going in early leh.... If you ask me, I think not worth anymore... But if it explodes, than how??? I have no idea... Now... But if u ask me if I were not in and if I would go in now. The answer is no for me....

I will be keeping some incase it explodes... But don't follow me on this case... Because I already made mney hor... So balance is profit....

what about 3DSystem ?

I believe its the biggest 3D printer manufacturer now ...
    I also bot 3d system... The 2 major is 3d system and Stratasys... 3d system does consumer. Stratasys does high end... That's why they bot Makerbot. Makerbot was a big hit at last CES show in Vegas.

Check out Xone
    http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=XONE

Look at the rally after it IPOed....

Current US market is likely to trade sideways due to lack of catalysts. It has gone up significantly over the last 2 years. It is now entering into a late bull run and its legs are feeling a bit tired.

Expect gyration around +/_ 3 to 5 % until Sep to Oct. The strategy is short term trading if you want to continue to play in the market. Otherwise, it is best to preserve your capital until a breakout happens in Sep or Oct. watch out for news of US job numbers that will signal if QE will taper down.

believe it bro ...

I have seen a gun being printed ... a chair , a table ... live size not those masak type ...
    Bro, they printed an Aston Martin in James bond skyFall

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...us-scenes.html

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, they printed an Aston Martin in James bond skyFall

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...us-scenes.html
    yes I know that one

but to see a gun being printed and can fire a bullet ... its scary ...

Quote Originally Posted by 3centsworth
    Current US market is likely to trade sideways due to lack of catalysts. It has gone up significantly over the last 2 years. It is now entering into a late bull run and its legs are feeling a bit tired.

Expect gyration around +/_ 3 to 5 % until Sep to Oct. The strategy is short term trading if you want to continue to play in the market. Otherwise, it is best to preserve your capital until a breakout happens in Sep or Oct. watch out for news of US job numbers that will signal if QE will taper down.
    What goes up, must come down...

Must cash out some profit lar...

That's life... HAHAHAHAHAHA

yes I know that one

but to see a gun being printed and can fire a bullet ... its scary ...
    Bro, check this out

http://www.gizmag.com/kamermaker-3d-...d-house/26752/

Quote Originally Posted by Werther
    Good evening cbsh & chestnut

Thanks so much for yr sharing. Both yr advice come very aptly.

I hv been feeling vexed lately, $$ sitting there doing nothing...rather not sure what to do. Buy shares also lose money sianz.

Other than waiting, I don't know what to do....rally feel like buying and pay ABSD cos now need more breathing space, otherwise spouse always get upset and complain not enough space.

Do bro here think renting is a good option? But if i rent for $4k a month, 2 years, $100k... Versus if I buy pty $2.5m and pay 10% ABSD...so renting is better ?? I m so lost..l
    A lot of people will kill to have your 200k problem... to be able to just throw it away like that to rental or ABSD, not many can do it.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584
    I think some of the novice investors who do not know what to buy . Then I think unit trust is a better alternative to invest like Schroder Asian growth fund, Aberdeen pacific equity & 1st state dividend fund.

Corporate Bond can be a alternative income without leveraging. But not many want or dare to venture into it.

rdgs,
    Vic
    Bond X Uncle Vic,

Corp bonds like those genting etc, how much risk are they? If we go with companies in business for decades, lesser risk of folding right?

-----
    From bonds.com.sg:

Corporate bonds

Companies can issue their own bonds and other debt securities, which can be bought and sold on the Singapore Exchange (SGX).

How are corporate bonds different from government bonds?

Corporate bonds have different investment considerations compared with government bonds. Some of the key differences are:

-Risk of a corporate issuer is not the same as the AAA rated Singapore government bond. Check the issuer's credit rating for the bond you are buying, but remember that rating agencies can get it wrong too.

-Corporate bonds may be secured over the issuer's assets (giving them priority in an insolvency situation), or completely unsecured, or somewhere in between (for example, unsecured senior bonds which rank ahead of unsecured creditors but behind secured lenders such as the company's bank). This means that even if the issuer is financially sound or highly rated generally, the specific bond may be riskier because of its repayment ranking compared with other debt.

-Corporate bonds may be redeemable early at the company's option, which affects the term of your investment profile. Likewise, the issuer may have an option to extend the maturity date. Special provisions might apply - for example, the interest rate may change or be reset.

-Corporate bonds can have a floating (or variable) interest rate which is set at a specific margin over a market interest rate (for example, bank bill rates), instead of the fixed coupon which is typical for a government bond.

These features can make corporate bonds more difficult to value compared with government bonds. On the plus side, a corporate bond will typically pay a higher coupon (yield) than a Singapore government bond because of the higher risks involved, and so may still be a suitable investment for investors who understand those risks.
    -----

So many caveats... really must do homework to pick the right bond.

I'll try to be smart here - ask Uncle Vic the bond expert. Which ones have the lowest risks and best track record?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Bond X Uncle Vic,

Corp bonds like those genting etc, how much risk are they? If we go with companies in business for decades, lesser risk of folding right?

-----
    From bonds.com.sg:

Corporate bonds

Companies can issue their own bonds and other debt securities, which can be bought and sold on the Singapore Exchange (SGX).

How are corporate bonds different from government bonds?

Corporate bonds have different investment considerations compared with government bonds. Some of the key differences are:

-Risk of a corporate issuer is not the same as the AAA rated Singapore government bond. Check the issuer's credit rating for the bond you are buying, but remember that rating agencies can get it wrong too.

-Corporate bonds may be secured over the issuer's assets (giving them priority in an insolvency situation), or completely unsecured, or somewhere in between (for example, unsecured senior bonds which rank ahead of unsecured creditors but behind secured lenders such as the company's bank). This means that even if the issuer is financially sound or highly rated generally, the specific bond may be riskier because of its repayment ranking compared with other debt.

-Corporate bonds may be redeemable early at the company's option, which affects the term of your investment profile. Likewise, the issuer may have an option to extend the maturity date. Special provisions might apply - for example, the interest rate may change or be reset.

-Corporate bonds can have a floating (or variable) interest rate which is set at a specific margin over a market interest rate (for example, bank bill rates), instead of the fixed coupon which is typical for a government bond.

These features can make corporate bonds more difficult to value compared with government bonds. On the plus side, a corporate bond will typically pay a higher coupon (yield) than a Singapore government bond because of the higher risks involved, and so may still be a suitable investment for investors who understand those risks.
    -----

So many caveats... really must do homework to pick the right bond.

I'll try to be smart here - ask Uncle Vic the bond expert. Which ones have the lowest risks and best track record?
    Property is good for long term investment provided PAP is still around for the next 15 to 20 yrs. So I don't put everything into one basket that is PROPERTY. I do hv 2 property. Looking to add is another one more in 2015/16 after making money in Bond (be in local or oversea). Bond can be part of your portfolio. Even universal life plan (with return) can also be part of your portfolio .

When I start to invest in Bond in 2010. I start with SG blue chip like DBS ,Capland, Capital commercial trust , OUE etc. I feel safe with all this blue chip name. I slowly move another non blue chip name like Petra food, banyan tree . Then I move into more oversea high risk HY bond which have done exceptionally well. Most are straight bond. I am a risk taker. I borrow a lot to get a better return in my bond holdings. I know the risk & I am prepare for it.

rdgs,
    Vic

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584
    Property is good for long term investment provided PAP is still around for the next 15 to 20 yrs. So I don't put everything into one basket that is PROPERTY. I do hv 2 property. Looking to add is another one more in 2015/16 after making money in Bond (be in local or oversea). Bond can be part of your portfolio. Even universal life plan (with return) can also be part of your portfolio .

When I start to invest in Bond in 2010. I start with SG blue chip like DBS ,Capland, Capital commercial trust , OUE etc. I feel safe with all this blue chip name. I slowly move another non blue chip name like Petra food, banyan tree . Then I move into more oversea high risk HY bond which have done exceptionally well. Most are straight bond. I am a risk taker. I borrow a lot to get a better return in my bond holdings. I know the risk & I am prepare for it.

rdgs,
    Vic
    Thanks Uncle Vic for sharing... totally logical approach...

Like beginner dunno how to ride also start with bicycle before graduating on to Harley...