Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillview Peak @ Hillview (D23, 99yrs Leasehold, by Kingsford Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    The front of Glendale is on same height as Hillier. Glendale Park is on a slope and the mid and back of Glendale is definitely on much higher ground than Hillier. Having said that, Hiller has higher floors. Upper Bukit Timah is definitely on higher ground than Hillview Ave. Hillier and Hillview Peak is probably on one of the lowest points along Hillview Ave. The MRT is below Upper Bukit Timah. There is no drilling or taking away land of any of the condos along Hillview Ave. I just hope people don't say falsehoods in this forum.

I am not sure what you imply by your last sentence, In any case, Glendale is on a slope, Hillier and HVP is at the top of the slope, and yet Hillier and HVP is at the lowest point of Hillview and lower than Glendale park? I am trying to understand your explanation...
    “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme
    still wondering which direction will the sale of HVP go from now on. though i am buying the unit to stay, but who would like to buy a unit that went south in price after the purchase (especially paying the absd on top of the purchase)? it is so weird that the Hiller was selling so well and HVP was the extreme opposite.
    I would have to agree with the engineering timber part. It is cheap quality finishing for the price they are commanding. I was interested in getting a 4bedder, and the only stack available was the tallest building which was directly facing the hillier.

If I remember correctly, hillier only consisted of 2bedders, smaller quantum, easier to move. Otherwise that area is pretty tranquil, and it will be a good place to reside. Glad for your purchase
    Ride or Die

Here's the map of H/HVP/Glendale.....is Hillier lower than Glendale?

Can hillier or HVP be flooded?

What is the truth? Pray clarify....
    “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73
    I did consider that initially and was looking at the tall condo block. HVP got low rise and a tall block but too bad the higher floors facing Mindef have this crazy shed which I fear end up I will have no view.

That's why i say HVP wanted 1.4 - 1.5k becos without forking up those prices really it's a risk buying HVP. Whereas Eco.S is 100% sure quite regardless weekend or not as nobody goes there to work lol.

Hope that explains my point of view.
    Yeah, the dsta screen killed off my hope of buying a high rise one bed unit at the tall condo block at HVP too. You should have seen the initial price they asked for those high floor units with the dsta screen at the launch as if the client somehow failed to notice the screen there.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    Reason is obvious. It's a China developer with no track record in Singapore. Their only project now is HVP. Risk is high.
    They are the only one uses engineering timber, & they dont provide storey layout file, what is the distance among the units at same level, no measurement & no one knows.
    Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, the developer will do a good job to make China proud. I have no idea on what was an engineered timber. After goggled "solid timber vs engineered timber", I only get mixed answers like engineered timber is more stable but only consists of one layer of real solid wood glued onto other layers of wood and sold timber may expand with temp but seriously made from one piece of solid wood and is able to be refinished multiple times whilst engineered wood couldn't (but should be good for 10 to 30 years).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds
    I would have to agree with the engineering timber part. It is cheap quality finishing for the price they are commanding. I was interested in getting a 4bedder, and the only stack available was the tallest building which was directly facing the hillier.

If I remember correctly, hillier only consisted of 2bedders, smaller quantum, easier to move. Otherwise that area is pretty tranquil, and it will be a good place to reside. Glad for your purchase
    Don't whether Hiller is blocking HVP or HVP is blocking Hiller, should be HVP since Hiller came first.

Thanks for the well wishes and looking forward to it. Probably will take the down town mrt weekly to inspect the building progress when mrt is ready.

Don't whether Hiller is blocking HVP or HVP is blocking Hiller, should be HVP since Hiller came first.

Thanks for the well wishes and looking forward to it. Probably will take the down town mrt weekly to inspect the building progress when mrt is ready.
    You might have to put a hold on the mrt plans. The contractor went bust, they will have to retender again.
    Ride or Die

still wondering which direction will the sale of HVP go from now on. though i am buying the unit to stay, but who would like to buy a unit that went south in price after the purchase (especially paying the absd on top of the purchase)? it is so weird that the Hiller was selling so well and HVP was the extreme opposite.
    The HVP land cost is $638psf, while hillier land cost was $672psf.
    FarEast sold hillier 1-bedder at average $1150psf to $1200psf during initial launch at end 2011, while Kingsford sold 1-bedder at average $1350psf.
    China developer aims for higher profit margin.

Nothing special about hillview area, there is no master plan like Jurong, except downtown MRT line.
    But now with the contractor for the 3 MRT stations "King Albert Park, Sixth Avenue, Tan Kah Kee" filed for insolvency,the opening of the line will be delay by half a year, so delayed to 2016.

HVP never advertised thro TV commercials, once in a while in newspaper.
    Even now you dont see anymore agents advertise on Sat ST, like that how to move???

You might have to put a hold on the mrt plans. The contractor went bust, they will have to retender again.
    Sigh, even MRT also not smooth.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    The HVP land cost is $638psf, while hillier land cost was $672psf.
    FarEast sold hillier 1-bedder at average $1150psf to $1200psf during initial launch at end 2011, while Kingsford sold 1-bedder at average $1350psf.
    China developer aims for higher profit margin.

Nothing special about hillview area, there is no master plan like Jurong, except downtown MRT line.
    But now with the contractor for the 3 MRT stations "King Albert Park, Sixth Avenue, Tan Kah Kee" filed for insolvency,the opening of the line will be delay by half a year, so delayed to 2016.

HVP never advertised thro TV commercials, once in a while in newspaper.
    Even now you dont see anymore agents advertise on Sat ST, like that how to move???
    I was also taken aback by the price on launch day. Managed to get my choice of unit even though my ballot number was quite behind & then the developer decided to lower price on 3rd day & passed discount to me. Good gesture.
    Just a personal preference (probably my age played a part),Hillview is quietly different from those hot property area, a place to stay for later part of my life. Many thanks for all the enlightenment, I have a clearer picture now.

I was also taken aback by the price on launch day. Managed to get my choice of unit even though my ballot number was quite behind & then the developer decided to lower price on 3rd day & passed discount to me. Good gesture.
    Just a personal preference (probably my age played a part),Hillview is quietly different from those hot property area, a place to stay for later part of my life. Many thanks for all the enlightenment, I have a clearer picture now.
    Hi sillyme...do not fret over it since you have had already bought it.

However, thread carefully with this HVP's developer. I am unsure if they would face similiar situation/fate as the DTL's contractor.

They (Developer) may face cashflow issue if the take-up rate is poor, and I am not seeing much progress on that plot of land. This is something worthy to take note of.

Good luck; I hope for a crash, but hopefully it does not affect you then.

Quote Originally Posted by dare2

Click on this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31954nvl7g...ukit_timah.JPG

Google Map terrain

How to read this?

Look at the contour lines (these lines are usually closed lines... meaning they are like circle without any break in the line)

In the case of this image, 100m is the baseline (above sea level). Other lines are about 40m interval in this Google map.

Some examples of contour lines (see below).

Also, the distance between the lines tell whether it is a steep slope or a gentle slope.

Steep slopes have closer contour lines than gentle slopes.

Hope this helps all in understanding the map.
    Last edited by ecimbew; 26-06-13 at 09:54.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan

However, thread carefully with this HVP's developer. I am unsure if they would face similiar situation/fate as the DTL's contractor.

They (Developer) may face cashflow issue if the take-up rate is poor, and I am not seeing much progress on that plot of land. This is something worthy to take note of.

Thanks for your well wishes. Will keep my fingers crossed.

Hellow, y tan, we are buying properties in Singapore, nothing to worry, stop making sillyme worry...... even the company go bust, we will not lose anyting... U sound like we are in other countries.....wat a jokr

Yes i agree with bro henryk, do not worry, in the event that the developer goes bust, all your money will be refunded back to you. You at least own a HVP, vs yowetan still dreaming of his mt Sinai.
    Ride or Die

Hi all...do not assume or for granted that nothing wrong will appear in Singapore.

Singapore today is not like yesterday Singapore.

Haze to hail storm - rarity appears. So, nothing is absolute.

I am unsure of the refund procedure though. Aint sure if developer would really have liquidity to refund the sinking money.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    Hellow, y tan, we are buying properties in Singapore, nothing to worry, stop making sillyme worry...... even the company go bust, we will not lose anyting... U sound like we are in other countries.....wat a jokr
    Thanks for comforting.

Smile

Yes i agree with bro henryk, do not worry, in the event that the developer goes bust, all your money will be refunded back to you. You at least own a HVP, vs yowetan still dreaming of his mt Sinai.
    Thanks. Hopefully, HVP will not be a test case for the refund.

Why not you just use your eyes? Have you been to Hillview? At the roundabout, it clearly slopes UPWARDS first. The Glendale Park condo slopes upwards (V steep) from Hillview Ave. See photo. It only slope downwards closer to Upper Bukit Timah. The side of Hillview Ave opposite the field is always on higher ground.

See photo of Glendale Park condo. the condos opposite e.g. Hillview Heights, Hillington Green, Glendale all sits on higher ground.

And seriously, does it really matter? But it is important to state facts.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...ndale-park-535

Have you been to Hillview Ave? Drive to the roundabout and go up Hillview road and tell me whether you drive up or down first ok? At least drive there before you say something. If the intention is to put down the freehold condos opposite the Hiller, then use other reasons e.g. they are older etc, but on lower ground is not the reason!

Last edited by Wild Falcon; 26-06-13 at 14:27.

Should be ok lah. Not to worry too much. I quite like the location of Hillview Peak. It is in a quite corner with nice facing.

Thanks for your well wishes. Will keep my fingers crossed.

And this area rarely floods but if it does, the area that floods is NEVER the Glendale Park or Hillview Heights or Hillington Green or Hume Ave side. The most prone to ponding is the roads at the Elizabeth Drive side, i.e. those open fields where the showflats are located. And this is from real experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Should be ok lah. Not to worry too much. I quite like the location of Hillview Peak. It is in a quite corner with nice facing.
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Click on this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31954nvl7g...ukit_timah.JPG

Google Map terrain

How to read this?

Look at the contour lines (these lines are usually closed lines... meaning they are like circle without any break in the line)

In the case of this image, 100m is the baseline (above sea level). Other lines are about 40m interval in this Google map.

Some examples of contour lines (see below).

Also, the distance between the lines tell whether it is a steep slope or a gentle slope.

Steep slopes have closer contour lines than gentle slopes.

Hope this helps all in understanding the map.
    Thanks for the link bro, and it just seemed to indicate that Hiller and HVP are higher up on the slope on the same terrain, in fact there is a higher node that HVP is sitting on:

Thanks for the link bro, and it just seemed to indicate that Hiller and HVP are higher up on the slope on the same terrain, in fact there is a higher node that HVP is sitting on:

The highest point should be at Hillview Avenue, next to Gulin hill.

Another point to note

HVP faces a land that is marked as military ground. Having been walking the grounds when I was a youth, you can buy HVP and feel a sense of peace because it will not be blocked. But then, I am not sure if the ministry allows windows facing the HQ directly. But in any case, let me dig up some history about this place.

This is the old Princess Elizabeth Estate.

Hillview Heights = Union Carbide
    Hillington Green = Malayan Guttas
    Glendale Park = Castrol Ltd
    The Hillier = The market

United Medicare Centre = Princess Elizabeth Estate School

Princess Elizabeth Primary School http://www.princesselizabethpri.moe.edu.sg/

More

Hillview estate

This is north facing. See the fins? Yes, it means the ministry doesn't allow direct facing of HQ.

For peaceful and unblocked views, you may consider north facing and low floors.

South facing has no issue.
    So no fins.
    I wonder what angle is the fins tilted.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew

This is north facing. See the fins? Yes, it means the ministry doesn't allow direct facing of HQ.

For peaceful and unblocked views, you may consider north facing and low floors.
    Omg, I learnt something new today. How did I overlook the fins when I was there at the showflat?!
    Ride or Die