Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillview Peak @ Hillview (D23, 99yrs Leasehold, by Kingsford Development)

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi...I am just stating the facts.

It is true that price(s) will be scaling high due to inflation and other factors. However, when crash or correction does come - property that is in disadvantage positioning i.e. location, pricing strategy, leasehold (999/FH/99) will be badly impact and affected.

Not to bash 99LH property. For the case of Hillview peak, it will be TOP around 2017-2018. Technically speaking it could be 4 years wait. Now, if we look at this time-line critically, it is also translating to 4+2 where by 2 years was wasted in marketing etc. In short, the remaining lease would be 94 years. Comparing to the likes of hillvista and Glendale (both FH) and the other properties around the area (999/FH), the 99LH will be pale in comparison.

It is very near to hiller where it promises entertainment, food and whichever lifestyle FEO like to speak of; If we again look at Greenwich also a FEO project in Jalan Kayu - I reckon it will not be a very good entertainment experience afterall. Developments with malls and restaurant does not necessarily translating to quality lifestyle.

Hillview area attraction should be it's tranquility, like the Mt Sinai area. If there is ever a day that Holland Village activities breaching into Mt Sinai area, It will be the day I drop my idea of living in Mt Sinai. Fortunately, the Mt Sinai is too expensive for such activities to penetrate thus it is an exclusive place afterall. Unfortunately, it is kinda way beyond my financial affordability though I am preparing to enter with great bold plan ahead.

A place is attractive because it has an intrinsic value and characteristic. If it is artificially made/fabricated, it won't last.
    you okay or not? TOP also don't know come here and talk so much cock for what

Quote Originally Posted by GT23
    you okay or not? TOP also don't know come here and talk so much cock for what
    Hi...with recent labor crunches by MOM, as well as poor take up rate for this Hillview peak development. I doubt the progress would be as be year 2016. Likely it will be the same as Newest.

Newest TOP date is Q4 2018.

Hi...I am just stating the facts.

It is true that price(s) will be scaling high due to inflation and other factors. However, when crash or correction does come - property that is in disadvantage positioning i.e. location, pricing strategy, leasehold (999/FH/99) will be badly impact and affected.

Not to bash 99LH property. For the case of Hillview peak, it will be TOP around 2017-2018. Technically speaking it could be 4 years wait. Now, if we look at this time-line critically, it is also translating to 4+2 where by 2 years was wasted in marketing etc. In short, the remaining lease would be 94 years. Comparing to the likes of hillvista and Glendale (both FH) and the other properties around the area (999/FH), the 99LH will be pale in comparison.

It is very near to hiller where it promises entertainment, food and whichever lifestyle FEO like to speak of; If we again look at Greenwich also a FEO project in Jalan Kayu - I reckon it will not be a very good entertainment experience afterall. Developments with malls and restaurant does not necessarily translating to quality lifestyle.

Hillview area attraction should be it's tranquility, like the Mt Sinai area. If there is ever a day that Holland Village activities breaching into Mt Sinai area, It will be the day I drop my idea of living in Mt Sinai. Fortunately, the Mt Sinai is too expensive for such activities to penetrate thus it is an exclusive place afterall. Unfortunately, it is kinda way beyond my financial affordability though I am preparing to enter with great bold plan ahead.

A place is attractive because it has an intrinsic value and characteristic. If it is artificially made/fabricated, it won't last.

WOW IMPRESSIVE....can be the Editorial for Monday....wire it in Yowetan ...attaboi....just leave out the Glendale ponding Hillier bit.....so you expect inflation to stagnate or reverse before it crashes? You must have plenty of cash otherwise you kena crushed 3X by your 3 HDBs.....

Hi...with recent labor crunches by MOM, as well as poor take up rate for this Hillview peak development. I doubt the progress would be as be year 2016. Likely it will be the same as Newest.

Newest TOP date is Q4 2018.
    pea brain... and wild guessing makes up a person like you

Mr Tan, normally i don't response to your posts but this time I really question your logic.

I brought Eco S. becos I see the potential of retirement in chestnut ave. and peace around dairy farm area. And since I can only afford chestnut, i bought it!

Of course, hillview peak will just be a 3rd property for investment (depending) that's why the discussion abt near mrt etc.

So u confused me, are u looking for stay or investment? U know u can't invest if u intent to stay right? (unless u really enjoy shifting houses) Anybody also know if u hold on to a house for 10-20 years, it will increase in price but that's not really consider investment.

Can u make your intention clearer? Else what u say it's really not very convincing.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73
    Mr Tan, normally i don't response to your posts but this time I really question your logic.

I brought Eco S. becos I see the potential of retirement in chestnut ave. and peace around dairy farm area. And since I can only afford chestnut, i bought it!

Of course, hillview peak will just be a 3rd property for investment (depending) that's why the discussion abt near mrt etc.

So u confused me, are u looking for stay or investment? U know u can't invest if u intent to stay right? (unless u really enjoy shifting houses) Anybody also know if u hold on to a house for 10-20 years, it will increase in price but that's not really consider investment.

Can u make your intention clearer? Else what u say it's really not very convincing.
    Eco S very nice but I chanced upon it a bit too late (by then, most of the nice units taken up).

Quote Originally Posted by GT23
    no worries... follow your heart...

when i bought my first property everyone around saying are you sure? its too expensive... you could have buy this... that... whatever... did they buy anything? no they didn't. talk is free.. and looking at prices now and then, i will if i heeded their advice..

trust yourself and your opinion.. if you like the place buy it and live in it... we only live once and buying property is far better than buying cars

Read from the Hillview website that it was featured prominently on the Straits Times recently. Anyone has read this cos I was unable to locate the said feature? Lastest I heard was that Hillview has sold almost 100 units so far. There was also a report on property guru that it will TOP in 2015, which didn't make sense if it is not selling that well and may have to pay SD for the unsold units at TOP.

hi sillyme, i bought a unit there...i'm worry about the slow sales....info from ura website that Hillview Peak sold 100 units so far..wondering will it delay the TOP

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Appletart
    hi sillyme, i bought a unit there...i'm worry about the slow sales....info from ura website that Hillview Peak sold 100 units so far..wondering will it delay the TOP
    Hi, i visited the showflat two weeks ago and the agent told me that the units sold were reaching 110 units soon. compared to other launches, it was indeed very slow moving, but at least it is still moving (consoling myself). which block did you buy? facing the front or camp? those with the dsta screen? i bought the one facing the camp, higher floor but without the dsta screen. as i am buying this unit to stay ultimately, any delay in TOP would only meant that my later potion of the bank loan will kick in later (unless interest went up in later stage, touch wood). am hoping that the launch of the HillV2 can attract the attention of more potential buyers to Hillview Peak. As this is my first property purchase, i am inexperienced to comment whether there will be an impact on the TOP. Let's hope that the sales gained momentum and the TOP may even be earlier. Regards.

Smile

Hi, Appletart. What prompt you to buy Hillview Peak? (if you don't mind me asking, cos not many vested in Hillview Peak in this forum).

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme
    Hi, Appletart. What prompt you to buy Hillview Peak? (if you don't mind me asking, cos not many vested in Hillview Peak in this forum).
    i like the serene environment in hillview area..the upcoming mall and mrt, away from the crowd and yet near enough
    my unit facing the hillv2, cant wait to see more updates.
    i was quite interested with eco santuary but its a little further from train station, HVP is more expensive but location to me is better.
    What do you like about HVP?

Smile

i like the serene environment in hillview area..the upcoming mall and mrt, away from the crowd and yet near enough
    i was quite interested with eco santuary but its a little further from train station, HVP is more expensive but location to me is better.
    Agreed. Serene and quiet environment around HVP suitable for my stay there as i would probably be older by TOP. proximity to the mrt will allow me to travel around Spore as i do not own a car. liked to trail run or walk in the nature reserve or just exercise at the gym downstairs if weather is bad. facing the camp so that have a unobstructed view (not in present hazy environment though). eco santuary may still need quite a walk from MRT and I think i spent at least 15 to 20 mins to walk to the site and a huge dog barked at me from a pte landed house. we indeed paid a higher price for the shorter walk to and from mrt but in view of my age in 10 years' time, i may not be able to get to eco santuary via walking that easily as now. nonetheless, eco santuary is still nice to own for a quiet life with a fantastic view for some facing directions. Let's hope that TOP would be normal and the finishing and end results would be proper and nice when HVP is ready.

Agreed. Serene and quiet environment around HVP suitable for my stay there as i would probably be older by TOP. proximity to the mrt will allow me to travel around Spore as i do not own a car. liked to trail run or walk in the nature reserve or just exercise at the gym downstairs if weather is bad. facing the camp so that have a unobstructed view (not in present hazy environment though). eco santuary may still need quite a walk from MRT and I think i spent at least 15 to 20 mins to walk to the site and a huge dog barked at me from a pte landed house. we indeed paid a higher price for the shorter walk to and from mrt but in view of my age in 10 years' time, i may not be able to get to eco santuary via walking that easily as now. nonetheless, eco santuary is still nice to own for a quiet life with a fantastic view for some facing directions. Let's hope that TOP would be normal and the finishing and end results would be proper and nice when HVP is ready.
    Congratz to both Appletart & sillyme on your purchase!
    Looking at your comments, Kingsford.Hillview Peak truely fit your lifestyle!

just learnt that three stations along the downtown line had their work halted due to their Australian contractor going bust. link as below:
    http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=8241

It's Austrian (in Europe) I think, not Australian.

Think they file for insolvent world wide. They are the second largest construction company in Austria.

...retirement in chestnut ave... can only afford chestnut...
    Afford Chestnut?

Mr Chestnut got buy Chestnut Ave or not?

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    It's Austrian (in Europe) I think, not Australian.

Think they file for insolvent world wide. They are the second largest construction company in Austria.
    My bad. Need to change my progressive lens soon.

Smile

My bad. Need to change my progressive lens soon.
    "Work on downtown line 2 stations may resume in 3 to 6 months", according to Today.

Hillview area is seriously over-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    Afford Chestnut?

Mr Chestnut got buy Chestnut Ave or not?
    Yes, I brought eco sanc if u are asking me that.

I drive and i think i will be driving for a long time thus I really don't care how close is the MRT (since I have another house near MRT).

The problem I had when I compare Eco.S and HVP is

1) Eco.S cost me only 1k psf while HVP wanted 1.4 - 1.5k
    2) The developer to me Setia is "safer" since HVP is a "China" developer and yes i have a problem with that.
    3) Finally, I don't really enjoy being near army camp.

Still I congrats the bros and sis whom brought HVP.
    Last edited by darkseed73; 25-06-13 at 13:57.

The front of Glendale is on same height as Hillier. Glendale Park is on a slope and the mid and back of Glendale is definitely on much higher ground than Hillier. Having said that, Hiller has higher floors. Upper Bukit Timah is definitely on higher ground than Hillview Ave. Hillier and Hillview Peak is probably on one of the lowest points along Hillview Ave. The MRT is below Upper Bukit Timah. There is no drilling or taking away land of any of the condos along Hillview Ave. I just hope people don't say falsehoods in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dare2
    .....hahaha....do you know what is a hill? and btw...Glendale is below Hillier unless the ghost can make water reverse uphill.....or worst still the MRT is below Glendale....sure flood one right?

Yes, I brought eco sanc if u are asking me that.

I drive and i think i will be driving for a long time thus I really don't care how close is the MRT (since I have another house near MRT).

The problem I had when I compare Eco.S and HVP is

1) Eco.S cost me only 1k psf while HVP wanted 1.4 - 1.5k
    2) The developer to me Setia is "safer" since HVP is a "China" developer and yes i have a problem with that.
    3) Finally, I don't really enjoy being near army camp.

Still I congrats the bros and sis whom brought HVP.
    wow, you bought Eco.S for only 1k psf? sweet paper gain now. envious. can't really comment on the "China" developer until the goods are delivered (hence, will give them the benefit of doubt till TOP).
    mine facing the low rise army camp, for no obstruction (though not sure about the view)
    thanks for the congrats. keeping my fingers crossed for now.

BTW, I actually think Mindef sitting on the large plot and low density makes the area more attractive. The Mindef area is closed off at night and during weekends, which means its a dead end road with little traffic. And during weekdays, one can actually walk or run inside Mindef area with large fields and mature trees. Imagine if its not Mindef and more housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    BTW, I actually think Mindef sitting on the large plot and low density makes the area more attractive. The Mindef area is closed off at night and during weekends, which means its a dead end road with little traffic. And during weekdays, one can actually walk or run inside Mindef area with large fields and mature trees. Imagine if its not Mindef and more housing.
    Yes! Quiet Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I did consider that initially and was looking at the tall condo block. HVP got low rise and a tall block but too bad the higher floors facing Mindef have this crazy shed which I fear end up I will have no view.

That's why i say HVP wanted 1.4 - 1.5k becos without forking up those prices really it's a risk buying HVP. Whereas Eco.S is 100% sure quite regardless weekend or not as nobody goes there to work lol.

Hope that explains my point of view.

Talking

I did consider that initially and was looking at the tall condo block. HVP got low rise and a tall block but too bad the higher floors facing Mindef have this crazy shed which I fear end up I will have no view.

That's why i say HVP wanted 1.4 - 1.5k becos without forking up those prices really it's a risk buying HVP. Whereas Eco.S is 100% sure quite regardless weekend or not as nobody goes there to work lol.

Hope that explains my point of view.
    property agent was telling me that living there will be protected by the Singapore Army

property agent was telling me that living there will be protected by the Singapore Army
    They are the last person u should trust when buying properties.

Smile

They are the last person u should trust when buying properties.
    agreed. was trying to share it as a joke.

Smile

agreed. was trying to share it as a joke.
    still wondering which direction will the sale of HVP go from now on. though i am buying the unit to stay, but who would like to buy a unit that went south in price after the purchase (especially paying the absd on top of the purchase)? it is so weird that the Hiller was selling so well and HVP was the extreme opposite.

still wondering which direction will the sale of HVP go from now on. though i am buying the unit to stay, but who would like to buy a unit that went south in price after the purchase (especially paying the absd on top of the purchase)? it is so weird that the Hiller was selling so well and HVP was the extreme opposite.
    Reason is obvious. It's a China developer with no track record in Singapore. Their only project now is HVP. Risk is high.
    They are the only one uses engineering timber, & they dont provide storey layout file, what is the distance among the units at same level, no measurement & no one knows.