Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillview Peak @ Hillview (D23, 99yrs Leasehold, by Kingsford Development)

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    I would think it is on the high side....but anyway if you buy for own stay, congrats....dont think too much. for once i agree with Yowetan on the traffic and road condition for that whole stretch. if there is an accident, that's it. LTA has been working on that area for almost 10 yrs...fyi, and i think, it will take another 5-8yrs to see it done. With more developments upcoming, i think it will be tough for drivers even when it is done. just my opinion. The other concern is on amenities...
    I agreed that the price I paid was on the high side too but thanks for the congratulations. 8) looking forward to staying there.

I would think it is on the high side....but anyway if you buy for own stay, congrats....dont think too much. for once i agree with Yowetan on the traffic and road condition for that whole stretch. if there is an accident, that's it. LTA has been working on that area for almost 10 yrs...fyi, and i think, it will take another 5-8yrs to see it done. With more developments upcoming, i think it will be tough for drivers even when it is done. just my opinion. The other concern is on amenities...
    The traffic is mainly caused by the DTL construction, BKE is being widen also, in any case traffic is an issue all over the island....not just here lah.....since people buying here also have the option to take MRT ....so what's the problem?
    Anyway, in time to come how many of us can afford car anymore? so Sillyme....be happy, you might just have the last smile.....that should break into a laugh in time to come....btw how big is your 1-bedder?

Quote Originally Posted by dare2
    The traffic is mainly caused by the DTL construction, BKE is being widen also, in any case traffic is an issue all over the island....not just here lah.....since people buying here also have the option to take MRT ....so what's the problem?
    Anyway, in time to come how many of us can afford car anymore? so Sillyme....be happy, you might just have the last smile.....that should break into a laugh in time to come....btw how big is your 1-bedder?
    Hi...the MRT reliability and the level of supportability for the coming population may not be feasible and positive afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi...the MRT reliability and the level of supportability for the coming population may not be feasible and positive afterall.
    ...hahahah, then how to buy a car with your 3.5K plus $10 allowance-a-day if MRT is unreliable? .....$10 cannot even pay for parking in CBD....look like you better get your Taxi license soon.....get your Father and whoever to drive in the day and you drive at night.

Smile

the 1 bed unit is 517 square feet, the smallest size for Hillview Peak.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme
    Thanks for the encouragement, GT23. Price wise, as this is my first private property purchase and honestly having no experience in this area, I bought the one bed room unit for above $700k, on the high side according to some of my friends. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good investment but I really have no clue. Just fell in love with the location when I first walked there (under heavy rain pour) from Beauty World (quite a walk actually I remembered, silly me).
    What size? 517sqft?

the 1 bed unit is 517 square feet, the smallest size for Hillview Peak.
    It has high ceiling like Hillier? PSF about 1.4K?

I am vested in Hillier, above 20th floor, paid about 1.4Kpsf also.

It has high ceiling like Hillier? PSF about 1.4K?

I am vested in Hillier, above 20th floor, paid about 1.4Kpsf also.
    Now I understand why you are so defensive over this area. Understandable.

traffic is horrendous everywhere in singapore... the best of bukit timah belt is crazy with jams... once downtown line 2 and hillier is ready, which will be before hillview peak TOP, you will find yourself one stop to beauty world, 2 stops to king albert/blackmore, and a few more stops to few of the finest institutions we can have in Singapore.. hillier last few units touching 1700psf.. yours a good buy

...hahahah, then how to buy a car with your 3.5K plus $10 allowance-a-day if MRT is unreliable? .....$10 cannot even pay for parking in CBD....look like you better get your Taxi license soon.....get your Father and whoever to drive in the day and you drive at night.
    bro, no point talking to him... its better to talk to the wall..

why good buy? what is the psf? can share your opinion?
    so many development there....
    comparing apple to apple.. please don't bring in those old, freehold development..

compare to hillier, foresque, eco s, hillion and those just TOP like terrene and park nature albeit 999 and freehold props. their prices are crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by GT23
    bro, no point talking to him... its better to talk to the wall..
    hahha I am here to TCSS....so its ok taking to a wall, like hitting a tennis ball loh...

Now I understand why you are so defensive over this area. Understandable.
    Wah you can understand? Good job you are making progress man.....hopefully the MRT would not break down on you tomorrow...

comparing apple to apple.. please don't bring in those old, freehold development..

compare to hillier, foresque, eco s, hillion and those just TOP like terrene and park nature albeit 999 and freehold props. their prices are crazy!
    Hi...you should look at Hilltop. It is 99 leashold, and looks how it fare against the likes of FH and 999 properties smattering across hill view area. Similarly, it will be the same for the remaining 99 LH properties in the area.

if you know that area, generally, there are only two main roads towards town direction. You are right, everywhere is terrible, but this area is one of the worst! I'm not trying to talk it down but if you drive and know that area, you know what i mean. besides, direction from bukit batok exit connecting the PIE is also one of the worst exit. drive pass the exit during peak hr (along PIE) and you will understand. As I said, for the last 10 yrs, bro, last 10 yrs........it is still building! And when it is built, how many lanes do you have? check it out.

traffic is horrendous everywhere in singapore... the best of bukit timah belt is crazy with jams... once downtown line 2 and hillier is ready, which will be before hillview peak TOP, you will find yourself one stop to beauty world, 2 stops to king albert/blackmore, and a few more stops to few of the finest institutions we can have in Singapore.. hillier last few units touching 1700psf.. yours a good buy

Hi...you should look at Hilltop. It is 99 leashold, and looks how it fare against the likes of FH and 999 properties smattering across hill view area. Similarly, it will be the same for the remaining 99 LH properties in the area.
    .....could be haunted one you know.....think the ghost prefer FH also....because Free Hold rhymes with Free Ghost

Thanks for the encouragement, GT23. Price wise, as this is my first private property purchase and honestly having no experience in this area, I bought the one bed room unit for above $700k, on the high side according to some of my friends. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good investment but I really have no clue. Just fell in love with the location when I first walked there (under heavy rain pour) from Beauty World (quite a walk actually I remembered, silly me).
    no worries... follow your heart...

when i bought my first property everyone around saying are you sure? its too expensive... you could have buy this... that... whatever... did they buy anything? no they didn't. talk is free.. and looking at prices now and then, i will if i heeded their advice..

trust yourself and your opinion.. if you like the place buy it and live in it... we only live once and buying property is far better than buying cars

.....could be haunted one you know.....think the ghost prefer FH also....because Free Hold rhymes with Free Ghost
    It is you who concur the place is haunted. So, I will leave the rest of the imagination to others then.

if you know that area, generally, there are only two main roads towards town direction. You are right, everywhere is terrible, but this area is one of the worst! I'm not trying to talk it down but if you drive and know that area, you know what i mean. besides, direction from bukit batok exit connecting the PIE is also one of the worst exit. drive pass the exit during peak hr (along PIE) and you will understand. As I said, for the last 10 yrs, bro, last 10 yrs........it is still building! And when it is built, how many lanes do you have? check it out.
    Hi...this is very true. The road in hillview area is not ideal and the stretch of hillview avenue will be easily congested due to whatever reason.

Also, hiller and Hillview peak is at lower ground compared to Glendale etc, if the infrastructure is not well done, the place could potentially be another ponding favorites.

So u mean hillview mrt 99 years condo should be price at below 1000 psf....? Lets face it la, mrt condo near city nowadays all priced from 1.2k psf to 1.6k psf......even woodlands condo also 1k psf average.....don't live in the past

It is you who concur the place is haunted. So, I will leave the rest of the imagination to others then.
    ....as long is not haunted by yowekuis.....

I know bro.. i know.. and i drive too..

but seriously, you will to work around travel times... my friends curse and swear from everywhere in Singapore driving to their destination... CTE, PIE, AYE, KJE whatsoever E...

don't be a dickhead la... so scared you better stay in the mosque temple or whatever la..

hey why don't you move your entire family to a temple? free food and lodging and no property tax... darn....

hahha I am here to TCSS....so its ok taking to a wall, like hitting a tennis ball loh...
    ya and guessed I am too...

Hi...this is very true. The road in hillview area is not ideal and the stretch of hillview avenue will be easily congested due to whatever reason.

Also, hiller and Hillview peak is at lower ground compared to Glendale etc, if the infrastructure is not well done, the place could potentially be another ponding favorites.
    .....hahaha....do you know what is a hill? and btw...Glendale is below Hillier unless the ghost can make water reverse uphill.....or worst still the MRT is below Glendale....sure flood one right?

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    So u mean hillview mrt 99 years condo should be price at below 1000 psf....? Lets face it la, mrt condo near city nowadays all priced from 1.2k psf to 1.6k psf......even woodlands condo also 1k psf average.....don't live in the past
    Hi...I feel 99LH in a FH/999 fested community is at a serious disadvantage. There are so many choices, and people will not go for the 99LH. Hilltop, hillview regency are examples of failed 99LH developments.

Also, hillview area is seriously lack of amenities and infrastructure to support the kind of population within the community and transportation. The MRT network could be there but it is still insufficient; DTL does not serve hillview area alone, but as well as chestnut and pasir panjang like Eco Sanctuary etc.

When there are so many buildings, and light industries along the hillview avenue - it only spells more trouble in years to come. Assuming Lam Soon building is slated for redevelopment, also known to be haunted - can you all imagine how bad will be the situation in term of noise and air pollution, as well as traffic congestion etc.

There a lot more to be consider. The green corridor along the standard chartered, as well as the next-door mindef does not really help Hillview peak. The Mindef will be there, and will always be there due to it's strategic position. Hence, the plot of land this Hillview peak sits will be very similar to the Yishun condo Northwood - just next to army base.

Development that sits very close to military facilities and amenities usually have a very poor capital appreciation for whatever reason(s).

We ought to be neutral and unbiased in our view.

Hi...I feel 99LH in a FH/999 fested community is at a serious disadvantage. There are so many choices, and people will not go for the 99LH. Hilltop, hillview regency are examples of failed 99LH developments.

Also, hillview area is seriously lack of amenities and infrastructure to support the kind of population within the community and transportation. The MRT network could be there but it is still insufficient; DTL does not serve hillview area alone, but as well as chestnut and pasir panjang like Eco Sanctuary etc.

When there are so many buildings, and light industries along the hillview avenue - it only spells more trouble in years to come. Assuming Lam Soon building is slated for redevelopment, also known to be haunted - can you all imagine how bad will be the situation in term of noise and air pollution, as well as traffic congestion etc.

There a lot more to be consider. The green corridor along the standard chartered, as well as the next-door mindef does not really help Hillview peak. The Mindef will be there, and will always be there due to it's strategic position. Hence, the plot of land this Hillview peak sits will be very similar to the Yishun condo Northwood - just next to army base.

Development that sits very close to military facilities and amenities usually have a very poor capital appreciation for whatever reason(s).

...yo bro...you are wasting your talent working in the back room.....you should be with Financial Times as property Editor....

North Wood Profitable transaction:
    2013-02-15 #XX-XX 1,335 925 2007-06-22 622 404,505 2,065 7.3
    2013-01-29 #XX-XX 1,313 975 2009-12-02 674 395,213 1,154 12.4
    2013-01-28 #XX-XX 1,130 1,026 2009-11-14 743 319,790 1,171 10.6
    2012-11-26 #XX-XX 1,453 915 2009-10-12 640 399,575 1,141 12.1
    2012-11-26 #XX-XX 1,335 940 2010-06-10 749 254,985 900 9.6

do yourself a favor get a map and see the bloody distance between the properties you bring out here and the station... bloody dickhead

do yourself a favor get a map and see the bloody distance between the properties you bring out here and the station... bloody dickhead
    What do yo expect from someone who thinks Glendale is on higher ground than Hillier....and thinks property that appreciated 250K over 2.5 years is not appreciating?

...yo bro...you are wasting your talent working in the back room.....you should be with Financial Times as property Editor....
    Hi...I am just stating the facts.

It is true that price(s) will be scaling high due to inflation and other factors. However, when crash or correction does come - property that is in disadvantage positioning i.e. location, pricing strategy, leasehold (999/FH/99) will be badly impact and affected.

Not to bash 99LH property. For the case of Hillview peak, it will be TOP around 2017-2018. Technically speaking it could be 4 years wait. Now, if we look at this time-line critically, it is also translating to 4+2 where by 2 years was wasted in marketing etc. In short, the remaining lease would be 94 years. Comparing to the likes of hillvista and Glendale (both FH) and the other properties around the area (999/FH), the 99LH will be pale in comparison.

It is very near to hiller where it promises entertainment, food and whichever lifestyle FEO like to speak of; If we again look at Greenwich also a FEO project in Jalan Kayu - I reckon it will not be a very good entertainment experience afterall. Developments with malls and restaurant does not necessarily translating to quality lifestyle.

Hillview area attraction should be it's tranquility, like the Mt Sinai area. If there is ever a day that Holland Village activities breaching into Mt Sinai area, It will be the day I drop my idea of living in Mt Sinai. Fortunately, the Mt Sinai is too expensive for such activities to penetrate thus it is an exclusive place afterall. Unfortunately, it is kinda way beyond my financial affordability though I am preparing to enter with great bold plan ahead.

A place is attractive because it has an intrinsic value and characteristic. If it is artificially made/fabricated, it won't last.