Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillview Peak @ Hillview (D23, 99yrs Leasehold, by Kingsford Development)

37 sold in apr at 1312psf median. 437 out of 512 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    37 sold in apr at 1312psf median. 437 out of 512 to go.
    Bro, 85 units sold till date. 427 out of 512 to go.

Wow... this gonna be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi...I heard hillview is haunted. It is very near to Mindef too, so the potential has already hamper by the large mindef presence.

Also, hillview is seriously not accessible. No great schools, though it has greenary.

I like the place but reckon the upside is seriously limited.
    Heard from the ghost is it?

Hi...I heard hillview is haunted. It is very near to Mindef too, so the potential has already hamper by the large mindef presence.

Also, hillview is seriously not accessible. No great schools, though it has greenary.

I like the place but reckon the upside is seriously limited.
    got great school your children can go in meh?

All hillview owners or speculators, please do not get offended with my remarks as I am still insisting that upsides for Hillview area is seriously crippled.

I cannot understand the motivation for hillview area. The area is fested with too many private properties.
    the whole spore island is fested with private properties. Use your brain(if have one) before u tok la.

Hi...we ought to be as neutral as possible. The fact is Hillview area has infested with too much too many private properties. Price and potential will be limited and upside is seriously inhibited.

The basic amenities are insufficient, the road infrastructure is lacking; thus will be a bottleneck to support the private community and population in the area. With hiller in view, and an education school in the area - it spells traffic disastrous for everyone who lives and commutes there.

In addition, we have a few infamous light industries within the compound which makes the place less attractive when compared to it's peer(s) around the JLD and Bukit Panjang area. Having said that, those place aren't any better.

Besides, no good schools and academic presence thus the appeal to young families are greatly reduced unless you speak of shopping mall like hiller. But in a marco perspective, it can only contribute human traffic in this area, thus removing the feature of this area - serenity.

In short, hill view area is nothing to shout about.

Location - No.
    School - No.
    Amenities - No.
    Access -Will improve when DTL comes.
    Traffic - VERY BAD.
    Pollution - Noise.
    Crime rate - Definitely up trend.

He only earn 3.5k, can't afford...so a bit imbalance, please don't blame him,

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    He only earn 3.5k, can't afford...so a bit imbalance, please don't blame him,
    Hi...correction; 3.5k is not an absolute figure.

I can still claim 10SGD meal allowance and taxi fare if I work till or beyond 8pm.

Hi...correction; 3.5k is not an absolute figure.

I can still claim 10SGD meal allowance and taxi fare if I work till or beyond 8pm.
    You forgot to say you get to charge rental FROM YOUR FAMILY AND IN LAWS.

Hi...we ought to be as neutral as possible. The fact is Hillview area has infested with too much too many private properties. Price and potential will be limited and upside is seriously inhibited.

The basic amenities are insufficient, the road infrastructure is lacking; thus will be a bottleneck to support the private community and population in the area. With hiller in view, and an education school in the area - it spells traffic disastrous for everyone who lives and commutes there.

In addition, we have a few infamous light industries within the compound which makes the place less attractive when compared to it's peer(s) around the JLD and Bukit Panjang area. Having said that, those place aren't any better.

Besides, no good schools and academic presence thus the appeal to young families are greatly reduced unless you speak of shopping mall like hiller. But in a marco perspective, it can only contribute human traffic in this area, thus removing the feature of this area - serenity.

Location - No.
    School - No.
    Amenities - No.
    Traffic - VERY BAD.
    Pollution - Noise.
    Empty well makes the most noise.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    You forgot to say you get to charge rental FROM YOUR FAMILY AND IN LAWS.
    Hi...correction again; We consolidate the disposal rental income for the impromptu opportunities ahead. There's no cross-charging. We handle our P&L under one consolidated account.

Hi...correction again; We consolidate the disposal rental income for the impromptu opportunities ahead. There's no cross-charging. We handle our P&L under one consolidated account.
    Correction kuku bird. You can twist and turn, the fact is you have no fillial piety.

Actually the existing traffic situation in Hillier is already quite apparent, but it is expected that the government and LTA will plan the roads accordingly to contain the increase in traffic volume (new roads are already being built by developers). The upcoming station should also alleviate the traffic conditions somewhat. Anyway if you look around Singapore, any roads with schools nearby tends to be congested during peak hours; so that is the costs for the convenience for having schools nearby. And on the topic of schools, methodist girls, nanyang, hc, hcjc, njc are quite nearby... there're also a whole bunch of neighbourhood schools in bukit batok available. Not to mention a wide variety of "cram schools" in beauty world to destroy your kid's childhood.

Light industries in the area are slowly being en bloc to be redeveloped into private enclaves. One of the feature is that the place, surrounded by nature reserves, military camps so it will be just as serene a decade from now e.g residents at dairy farm campaigned against construction of shopping malls that'll disrupt the peace.

Essentially it's a quiet residential enclave, with mass market shopping/schools/banks or whatever you need nearby. Evidently that'll only appeal to a certain segment of the population... which I think will grow as we approach 6.9m population

Hillview Peak, not much facilities... Unknown developer carrying the Made in China stigma. Location wise, it blocks Hillier from the military encampment and the window screens are a big turn off. For all that, they are selling it only at a slight discount from nearby Lanai and Hillier which averages around 1,350 psf?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyput
    Actually the existing traffic situation in Hillier is already quite apparent, but it is expected that the government and LTA will plan the roads accordingly to contain the increase in traffic volume (new roads are already being built by developers). The upcoming station should also alleviate the traffic conditions somewhat. Anyway if you look around Singapore, any roads with schools nearby tends to be congested during peak hours; so that is the costs for the convenience for having schools nearby. And on the topic of schools, methodist girls, nanyang, hc, hcjc, njc are quite nearby... there're also a whole bunch of neighbourhood schools in bukit batok available. Not to mention a wide variety of "cram schools" in beauty world to destroy your kid's childhood.

Light industries in the area are slowly being en bloc to be redeveloped into private enclaves. One of the feature is that the place, surrounded by nature reserves, military camps so it will be just as serene a decade from now e.g residents at dairy farm campaigned against construction of shopping malls that'll disrupt the peace.

Essentially it's a quiet residential enclave, with mass market shopping/schools/banks or whatever you need nearby. Evidently that'll only appeal to a certain segment of the population... which I think will grow as we approach 6.9m population

Hillview Peak, not much facilities... Unknown developer carrying the Made in China stigma. Location wise, it blocks Hillier from the military encampment and the window screens are a big turn off. For all that, they are selling it only at a slight discount from nearby Lanai and Hillier which averages around 1,350 psf?
    Hi...thanks for a more balanced opinion.

I still feel the place is really over-rated and Hill view area upside is seriously limited. How wide can the road re-develop when both sides are cluttered with properties?

Mindef is really a nuisance and it definitely not value-add to the resident community in Hillview.

Location - No.
    School - No.
    Amenities - No.
    Traffic - VERY BAD.
    Pollution - Noise.
    affordable- no

I am wondering why Yowetan suddenly showing so much interest in writing reviews for Hillview....must be the long hours he put in to get the $10 'overtime' allowance.......guess maybe he is stretching his hours to go beyond 8PM everyday...

BTW, an under-35 tutor who took care of his granny has been granted a case to claim proceed from the sale of his granny's flat after she passed away.....looks like you have two cases to claim in the future....for taking care of your Ps and PILs.....good job....your reward will come....sure can afford even a $2Mil property soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dare2
    I am wondering why Yowetan suddenly showing so much interest in writing reviews for Hillview....must be the long hours he put in to get the $10 'overtime' allowance.......guess maybe he is stretching his hours to go beyond 8PM everyday...
    10 dollars a day will translates to 200 dollars per month. Besides, it also comes with tax-free taxi fares from office to home. I will able to save sustainable amount in transportation.

BTW, an under-35 tutor who took care of his granny has been granted a case to claim proceed from the sale of his granny's flat after she passed away.....looks like you have two cases to claim in the future....for taking care of your Ps and PILs.....good job....your reward will come....sure can afford even a $2Mil property soon.
    Oh...you are aware of such case study.

Oh...you are aware of such case study.
    ..yup a precedence.....yours would be more special since its a double interest.....

..yup a precedence.....yours would be more special since its a double interest.....
    I have two young boys. Hence, it will not be that complicated.

I have two young boys. Hence, it will not be that complicated.
    ....it will be when they fights for your Million dollar properties when the time comes...

The best way to deal with this type of person is to ignore the person totally.

This prata person at 1 point (see the Lanai Thread) saying want to buy this 1 or that 1 at Hillview and another point (see this current Hillview Peak) saying Hillview this and that ...

Got money, every different part of Singapore also buy lah or even buy overseas, spread the risk, instead of only sticking to 1 place ...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    Wow... this gonna be tough.
    agreed that it may be some time before the developer can sell most units. think it was a matter of over confidence (encouraged by the sold out at Hiller) and the screen for units 11th floor above facing the army camp did some damage. I went down at the launch and bought a one bedroom unit (my first private property purchase) that day (facing the army unit but no screen cos it was lower than 11th floor). I bought it planning to stay there four years later for my second half of my life and I sort of like the closeness to the nature reserve, upcoming downtown mrt line (which I think should be quite interesting) which connects to most part of Singapore and the far from town quietness. as I am an inexperienced buyer, buying at this time with the ABSD, I am not sure of any capital appreciation in future but I am looking forward to staying there. only worry now is that the developer does not save on the quality of the building material or finishing if the sale is not doing too well. as this is their first ever project in Singapore, I am hoping that they will take that into consideration for the impact on their reputation for future projects in future.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme
    agreed that it may be some time before the developer can sell most units. think it was a matter of over confidence (encouraged by the sold out at Hiller) and the screen for units 11th floor above facing the army camp did some damage. I went down at the launch and bought a one bedroom unit (my first private property purchase) that day (facing the army unit but no screen cos it was lower than 11th floor). I bought it planning to stay there four years later for my second half of my life and I sort of like the closeness to the nature reserve, upcoming downtown mrt line (which I think should be quite interesting) which connects to most part of Singapore and the far from town quietness. as I am an inexperienced buyer, buying at this time with the ABSD, I am not sure of any capital appreciation in future but I am looking forward to staying there. only worry now is that the developer does not save on the quality of the building material or finishing if the sale is not doing too well. as this is their first ever project in Singapore, I am hoping that they will take that into consideration for the impact on their reputation for future projects in future.
    good buy!

why good buy? what is the psf? can share your opinion?
    so many development there....
    Quote Originally Posted by GT23
    good buy!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    why good buy? what is the psf? can share your opinion?
    so many development there....
    Thanks for the encouragement, GT23. Price wise, as this is my first private property purchase and honestly having no experience in this area, I bought the one bed room unit for above $700k, on the high side according to some of my friends. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good investment but I really have no clue. Just fell in love with the location when I first walked there (under heavy rain pour) from Beauty World (quite a walk actually I remembered, silly me).

Thanks for the encouragement, GT23. Price wise, as this is my first private property purchase and honestly having no experience in this area, I bought the one bed room unit for above $700k, on the high side according to some of my friends. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good investment but I really have no clue. Just fell in love with the location when I first walked there (under heavy rain pour) from Beauty World (quite a walk actually I remembered, silly me).
    Good luck in your investment in hillview, though I am less optimistic than you.

I would think it is on the high side....but anyway if you buy for own stay, congrats....dont think too much. for once i agree with Yowetan on the traffic and road condition for that whole stretch. if there is an accident, that's it. LTA has been working on that area for almost 10 yrs...fyi, and i think, it will take another 5-8yrs to see it done. With more developments upcoming, i think it will be tough for drivers even when it is done. just my opinion. The other concern is on amenities...