Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillview Peak @ Hillview (D23, 99yrs Leasehold, by Kingsford Development)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds
    Omg, I learnt something new today. How did I overlook the fins when I was there at the showflat?!
    mine have no fins.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme
    mine have no fins.
    Great to hear, so meaning from what bro Ecimbew has posted, the screens will be angled such that there will be no direct facing of mindef?
    Ride or Die

Smile

Great to hear, so meaning from what bro Ecimbew has posted, the screens will be angled such that there will be no direct facing of mindef?
    something like that, they called it the DSTA screen. only units on 11th floor and above will be affected. i remembered the agent telling me that i still can get a good view looking out at a certain angle (from the inside of the unit with fins). it was quite funny.

something like that, they called it the DSTA screen. only units on 11th floor and above will be affected. i remembered the agent telling me that i still can get a good view looking out at a certain angle (from the inside of the unit with fins). it was quite funny.
    Despite the screen, i heard quite a number of units sold with fins. i would like to find out the reason behind.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew

This is north facing. See the fins? Yes, it means the ministry doesn't allow direct facing of HQ.

For peaceful and unblocked views, you may consider north facing and low floors.

The other thing about fins. Who is responsible for cleaning it? You? Can you reach it? Maintenance? Every 5 to 10 years?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

The other thing about fins. Who is responsible for cleaning it? You? Can you reach it? Maintenance? Every 5 to 10 years?
    think it may be difficult to clean and think it will be white color or some lighter color.

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    The HVP land cost is $638psf, while hillier land cost was $672psf.
    FarEast sold hillier 1-bedder at average $1150psf to $1200psf during initial launch at end 2011, while Kingsford sold 1-bedder at average $1350psf.
    China developer aims for higher profit margin.

Nothing special about hillview area, there is no master plan like Jurong, except downtown MRT line.
    But now with the contractor for the 3 MRT stations "King Albert Park, Sixth Avenue, Tan Kah Kee" filed for insolvency,the opening of the line will be delay by half a year, so delayed to 2016.

HVP never advertised thro TV commercials, once in a while in newspaper.
    Even now you dont see anymore agents advertise on Sat ST, like that how to move???
    Construction and labour costs has increased significantly since 2011. And you have to factor the returns on commercial units in HillV2

Ahh I see, DSTA screens. Pretty amusing to me. When I was there, I was considering getting a high floor unit facing mindef as I felt it would probably be the highest chance that it would be unblocked. Now hearing about the screens, I'm glad I didn't.

And about the maintenance, hmmm. Not possible to clean all the way as the bottom windows will not be open. And i think a balcony with the screens would look ridiculous.
    Ride or Die

I think the fins probably affected the valuation of the property, or else probably could sell at a better price for high floor units. But I think its either height limit to 10 floors, or 11 floor onwards with fins. I believe Hillier has view screening as well for the high floor units facing north or Guilin behind right? Please note all the FH condos are limited to 10 floors. its only 99LH got higher plot ratio.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I think the fins probably affected the valuation of the property, or else probably could sell at a better price for high floor units. But I think its either height limit to 10 floors, or 11 floor onwards with fins. I believe Hillier has view screening as well for the high floor units facing north or Guilin behind right? Please note all the FH condos are limited to 10 floors. its only 99LH got higher plot ratio.
    I heard that those units with fins were still bought by a number of buyers but the developer did adjust the price slightly lower. I actually don't see the logic of the fins as it doesn't really block the view, just that you don't get a whole view at once. It is a pity cos the view on the higher floors will be totally unblocked and can see all the way. During the launch, those units with the fins were beyond my budget, so I went for the lower block without the fin but facing the camp, with an unblocked view though not far. I always wonder, wouldn't the fins permanently cast a shadow into the whole house during the day?

Regarding the fins - the agent will tell you that there's a chance that MINDEF might allow the fins to be removed. According to the agent, after the block is constructed, some MINDEF officers will drop by to assess whether can see MINDEF HQ from the higher levels. If they think that it's not possible to see, they might allow for the fins to be not installed.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by serene_revival
    Regarding the fins - the agent will tell you that there's a chance that MINDEF might allow the fins to be removed. According to the agent, after the block is constructed, some MINDEF officers will drop by to assess whether can see MINDEF HQ from the higher levels. If they think that it's not possible to see, they might allow for the fins to be not installed.
    At the higher level, it may be difficult not to see any building ahead. This is only my personal view. That means the block will be built without the fins for Mindef to ascertain first whether there is a need for it before the developer go ahead to build only on those floors deemed necessary? I thought there were regulations restricting certain height for the visibility to highly sensitive building? Anyway, I am not sure myself.

At the higher level, it may be difficult not to see any building ahead. This is only my personal view. That means the block will be built without the fins for Mindef to ascertain first whether there is a need for it before the developer go ahead to build only on those floors deemed necessary? I thought there were regulations restricting certain height for the visibility to highly sensitive building? Anyway, I am not sure myself.
    I think it will definitely come with the screens. There cannot be anyway that one will not accidentally look into since HVP is just built on minders backyard.

Luckily your budget helped you to pick a better unit. I think with the screens, it probably cuts some of the wind and ventilation.
    Ride or Die

Since everyone is kind of aware, let's ponder over another.

Has anyone visited Goodview Gardens? These HDB blocks were built by cutting through the slope of the hill. But more importantly, the design is unique. Triangle rooms and with one sided windows. Why? That's to avoid looking into the grounds of HQ.

Then look carefully. Windows can face ahead up till 9th storey. Those above have windows tilted to the side. Yes, and away from HQ.

So no way would the ministry compromise with the fins. It's either fins or change the design of HVP.

Can the fins have holes as part of the design? Well, what do you think?

Last edited by ecimbew; 27-06-13 at 00:25.

Smile

[QUOTE=ecimbew]Since everyone is kind of aware, let's ponder over another.

Has anyone visited Goodview Gardens? These HDB blocks were built by cutting through the slope of the hill. But more importantly, the design is unique. Triangle rooms and with one sided windows. Why? That's to avoid looking into the grounds of HQ.

Then look carefully. Windows can face ahead up till 9th storey. Those above have windows tilted to the side. Yes, and away from HQ.

So no way would the ministry compromise with the fins. It's either fins or change the design of HVP.

Can the fins have holes as part of the design? Well, what do you think?

Can HVP still change the design after the launch?
    If there were holes on the fins, they may be mistaken as bullet holes caused by stray bullets from the camp. 8)

Ah you get the drift. Of course the structural design and layout would have been approved by another ministry's stat board. So what can be affected is the architectural elements. I just hope it's not boxed up like some windows at Goodview Gardens. Kind of moron to name it Goodview. Then what's the point of having windows.
    Last edited by ecimbew; 27-06-13 at 08:20.

Smile

I think it will definitely come with the screens. There cannot be anyway that one will not accidentally look into since HVP is just built on minders backyard.

Luckily your budget helped you to pick a better unit. I think with the screens, it probably cuts some of the wind and ventilation.
    maybe (just a thought) the fins would make the buildings iconic? the 11th floor (facing Mindef) of both the shorter towers were not spared from the fins.

Ah you get the drift. Of course the structural design and layout would have been approved by another ministry's stat board. So what can be affected is the architectural elements. I just hope it's not boxed up like some windows at Goodview Gardens. Kind of moron to name it Goodview. Then what's the point of having windows.
    looking at the pictures (thanks), i think the way they did it was brillant. maybe HVP could follow?

the rear building, at the right of photo, how come top floor corner have 2 side windows just like on the lower floors?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    the rear building, at the right of photo, how come top floor corner have 2 side windows just like on the lower floors?
    I don't know. Maybe it is a requirement to block out the view entirely?

The box-like enclosure at the side is to cover the kitchen windows.
    They use lourvers.

But I think the wooden type looks retro and beautiful.

Overlaid Hillier and Hillview Peak on map for reference

Another view of the site
    superimposed on URA image
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/Hillview.../HvB-LPnCP.pdf

How Hillier and Hillview Peak will transform the area.

Hillview Peak is behind. Sorry for the bad photoshop skills.

Hope you get a rough image of this place.

Smile

How Hillier and Hillview Peak will transform the area.

Hillview Peak is behind. Sorry for the bad photoshop skills.

Hope you get a rough image of this place.

Brillant! Thank you......

Brillant! Thank you......
    I was thinking with Google Earth and whatnot, is there any purpose to hide the view of Mindef? Current technology could view remotely... Just some thoughts...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GT23
    I was thinking with Google Earth and whatnot, is there any purpose to hide the view of Mindef? Current technology could view remotely... Just some thoughts...
    I ever tried using Google Earth to view but i think they blocked it.

Ad in today's ST. Kings ford hill view peak 1 & 2 bedders from 1290. From what i recall, for the small units even on low floors were going from 13XX. Meaning prices going.....

For those people who previously bought, maybe some checks/table banging would be in order if the prices appear to have dropped.
    Last edited by Autumnwinds; 28-06-13 at 11:23.
    Ride or Die

Smile

Ad in today's ST. Kings ford hill view peak 1 & 2 bedders from 1290. From what i recall, for the small units even on low floors were going from 13XX. Meaning prices going.....

For those people who previously bought, maybe some checks/table banging would be in order if the prices appear to have dropped.
    can previous buyers do that, i meant banging table if prices have gone down further?

can previous buyers do that, i meant banging table if prices have gone down further?
    When I was there, the overall in charge(some old man) told me they have measures put in place to safeguard the early/previous buyers, so I'm not sure about that.
    Ride or Die

Smile

When I was there, the overall in charge(some old man) told me they have measures put in place to safeguard the early/previous buyers, so I'm not sure about that.
    good to hear that. maybe they will calculate the average price transacted and refund the difference to the previous buyers? if so, i will go down to hug the overall in charge.