Thread: Saddest thing bout my kid going P1...

Default Saddest thing bout my kid going P1...

Today went my daughters P1 orientation...buy uniform/books etc...my little girl growing up...

But i just realised SADDEST thing next year i got NO more 6 days CCL...child care leave...

Take MC

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Take MC
    that one got 14days..

the saddest thing is soon u will discover that primary 4 syllabus now is in primary 1
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    the saddest thing is soon u will discover that primary 4 syllabus now is in primary 1
    ha ha true...

equally sad is:

The Housing and Development Board ("HDB") has issued S$600 million, 3-year Fixed Rate Notes (the “Notes”) under its S$22 billion Multicurrency Medium Term Note ("MTN") Programme.

2The Notes have a coupon of 0.76% per annum payable semi-annually in arrear. The Notes were issued on 2 November 2012 and will mature on 2 November 2015.

Ride at your own risk !!!

equally sad is:

The Housing and Development Board ("HDB") has issued S$600 million, 3-year Fixed Rate Notes (the “Notes”) under its S$22 billion Multicurrency Medium Term Note ("MTN") Programme.

2The Notes have a coupon of 0.76% per annum payable semi-annually in arrear. The Notes were issued on 2 November 2012 and will mature on 2 November 2015.

thats very LOW right...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Today went my daughters P1 orientation...buy uniform/books etc...my little girl growing up...

But i just realised SADDEST thing next year i got NO more 6 days CCL...child care leave...
    Did I remember wrongly....I thought your kid just did PSLE. You have quite a gap between the kids?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Did I remember wrongly....I thought your kid just did PSLE. You have quite a gap between the kids?
    you are absolutely RIGHT one going sec 1 other going pri 1...i have 2 x girlies...

For me, it was holidays during peak period only...

Today brought ticket for my son trip back to Singapore for his NS enlistment in Dec. Time fly and he has study for the last 12 years. 30 month in US and almost 6 years in France.

Still remember having the shock when I overheard some parent saying if your kid is studying in P6 he/she should have completed P6 syllabus during NUS High open house. I thought I have already prepare my son well by giving him the top 10 school test assessment to practice.

Then I find out some of the parent sent their kid for enrichment course and I also sent my son to Mind champ.

Spend more time with your kid when they are young, when they are older they have less time for you.

Remember the present system of posting kid to secondary school is decided by the result in Primary 5 and Primary 6 mid year exam result. Those parent who think PSLE decide where your kid go for his secondary posting is a bit too late.

After the Primary 6 mid year exam, NUS High will open 3 test center to test the kid that think they are good enough. Each test center is able to test 500 kids. After the test 400 will be selected to go for their 2 days Math and Science camp after the camp 180 is selected for the school 20 is given to top PSLE student. After NUS high have done the selection, then the rest of the school can start their DSA.

http://www.highsch.nus.edu.sg/

http://www.highsch.nus.edu.sg/conten...0eb13d585e4c22

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/dsa-sec/
    Last edited by Arcachon; 03-11-12 at 02:56.

test and test and test and ....

top 10% in university doesn't even guarantee a job..
    this happen in south korea
    Last edited by roly8; 03-11-12 at 14:47.
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

My colleagues told me that if they visit S. Korea during certain time of the year in the exam period, much of the country grinds to a halt as the kids are being prepared for the exams. If you think Singaporeans are obsessed with sch examinations, it is far worse in other countries. Actually we are lucky in that even those who do not excel and get into Uni can have a decent career and job prospects if they work hard and have good EQ. And they can upgrade later on. Many of my staff who are Poly grads studied part time for their degrees and got good stable jobs.

you are absolutely RIGHT one going sec 1 other going pri 1...i have 2 x girlies...
    Congrats you have another 6 years to prepare for PSLE. Your wife probably telling you that the next time, it's YOUR TURN to help the younger girlie since she already did her share.

6 yrs different ...never do safety measure sibo. !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

I told my children, before u decide to have children, please go to Popular book store first and take a look of all the text books and assessment books and please don't count on me to teach my grand children. I will just play with them as and when I like.

My son said : why should I work so hard, if I don't have children? who am I going to give the money to?

For children, it is not how much money u spent in them, but how much quality time you spent with them.