Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: One Shenton (D1, 99 year leasehold, CDL)

robinsonscentrepoint Guest

Default One Shenton (D1, 99 year leasehold, CDL)

When will CDL be launching this project? Does anybody know?
    -thanks

one shenton way Guest

Default Re: One Shenton Way

One Shenton WayCity Developments Limited is converting a former commercial building in the Central Business District, One Shenton Way, to a condominium and is expected to release units for sale this year.Carlos Ott, renowned for his designs of Opera de la Bastille in Paris, the Hangzhou Grand Theatre and the National Bank of Dubai, has been engaged as the architect for the project.

The 99-year leasehold project, to be released this year, will be developed on the site now occupied by the group’s No 1 Shenton Way office block.

Located close to other new developments at Marina Bay such as One Raffles Quay, the Business and Financial Centre, and The Sail @ Marina Bay, the apartment project will have 360 units in two towers, the taller of them proposed at 50 storeys. The units will range from one-bedders to four-bedroom apartments, as well as penthouses with private swimming pools and roof decks.

A podium running the length of the development site in Shenton Way will have carparking from the second level onwards. Common facilities for the apartments, like a swimming pool and barbecue pits, will be on the podium’s roof deck. CityDev’s Mr Chia said the design for the yet-to-be-named apartment towers will ‘dramatically redefine the city skyline, which will be another feather in the cap as Singapore aims to become a key architectural centre of the world’.

The two towers will be linked at three points. The upper-most link, or bridge, is expected to house penthouses, while the two lower links will house sky terraces and gardens.

Although a residential project, the ground floor of the development will be commercial, featuring food & beverage and retail shops to create vibrancy and life at the street level.

This will add to URA’s vision to make Marina Bay a vibrant place to live and work.

christina Guest

This development will be very very hot. Which do you think will be better for rental income, One Shenton Way or The Sail?

ryan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by christina
    This development will be very very hot. Which do you think will be better for rental income, One Shenton Way or The Sail?
    It is hard to tell at this point in time. I guess whichever nearer to the MRT will be hotter?

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Singapore
    Published December 13, 2006

Good start for sale of Marina Bay Residences

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

AT LEAST 130 units are said to have been sold on the first day of preview at Marina Bay Residences yesterday - at prices ranging from $1,700 to $2,000-plus per square foot.

Rival: Meanwhile, City Developments is drumming up publicity for its project in the vicinity, One Shenton

Meanwhile, rival developer City Developments began drumming up publicity for a nearby project, One Shenton, comprising 341 apartments in two towers on its 1 Shenton Way site.

CityDev did not provide pricing indication for its 99-year leasehold project, which will be in 50 and 42-storey towers.

Nor could it specify the launch date - only giving a general indication that this is expected by year-end or early 2007.

At Marina Bay Residences, the maiden day of previews was open to staff and directors of the three companies behind the project - Keppel Land, Hongkong Land and Cheung Kong Holdings - as well as to VIPs invited yesterday. Bankers, lawyers, architects and doctors are among those who toured the showflat, which is at One Raffles Quay, BT understands.

The project's developer, BFC Development Pte Ltd, progressively released more units in the project as it chalked up sales. The 99-year leasehold, 55-storey development, has 428 units in total.

More units are expected to be released and sold today.

BFC Development's head of residential marketing Kan Kum Wah would only say in statement last night: 'It is too early to provide any detailed information.

Yesterday, a number of joint-venture staff members and business partners have toured the show suite and there has been lots of interest and all have been very impressed at what is on offer, but it's too early to provide a sales indication.'

ryan Guest

Default Re: One Shenton Way (D1, 99 year leasehold, CDL)

since every one is so excited over projects in the CBD, got some info for you guys:

ryan Guest

Tenure: 99 years from 14 October 2005

Site Area: 40,369sqft

Development: A twin tower residential development with retail space on first storey

Storey Height: Tower 1 (50th Sty) Tower 2 (42nd Sty)

Total Units: 341

Recreational Facilities:

Lobby Level (Ground Level): Concierge, Lounge

Club Level (Level 8):
    Lap Pool, Leisure Pool, Jet Pool, Wading Pool, Bridge, Lounge, Landscape Feature Pond, Social Patio, Sun Deck, Cabanas, Function Room, Entertainment Terrace, Outdoor Gourmet Cooking, Theatrette/ Entertainment Room, Lounge/ Refreshment/ Juice Bar, Games Rooms, Library, Outdoor Reading, Laundry Room

Wellness Level (Level 24 & 25):
    Sky Gym, Sky Lounge, Spa Garden, Spa Lounge, Outdoor Exercise Terrace, Relaxation Alcove, Yoga Terrace

No. of Car park lots: 377 lots

Description:

One Shenton – This architectural iconic jewel designed by world-renowned architect Carlos Otts comprises 341 apartments and penthouses. Soaring with twin towers at 50 and 42 storeys high, One Shenton will dramatically enhance Singapore’s Skyline, offering residents spectacular unforgettable views of the energetic city, green parks and soothing waters. One Shenton is perfect for those seeking a seamless connection to live, work and play 24/7. Located in the heart of the new vibrant city, it sits at the edge of Marina Bay, within close proximity to the Integrated Resort, Business Financial Centre, Raffles MRT Station and proposed ‘Landmark’ MRT Station. Inner-city living is set to be dynamically transformed as activities at the new Marina Bay, including a host of convention, leisure, commercial and entertainment facilities at the Integrated Resort, waterfront promenades, Gardens by the Bay will keep you busy around the clock. At One Shenton, you will be at the centre where it all happens.

ryan Guest

Type of Unit Typical Area(sqft) Number of units

1 Bedroom 520 - 600 142
    2 Bedroom 1,100 - 1,200 113
    3 Bedroom 1,500 - 1,600 54
    4 Bedroom 1,900 - 2,300 21
    Sky Suites 5,300 - 6,300 8
    Sky Villas 6,800 - 9,600 3
    Last edited by ryan; 18-12-06 at 14:19.

hot market Guest

ryan, how do i reserve a unit here? blank cheque?

ryan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hot market
    yes but not to me, thank u. i'm not an agent

Anybody knows if this is launched? Price as well?

hihi Guest

I know a few people who went for the VVVIP preview today. Heard there are enough blank cheques handed in to secure half the development already.
    The VIP preview starts only next week.

You can be sure that the premium units like the sky suites and sky villas would have all been snapped up already by people with VVVIP privileges.

Still, I think that the price of $1,800psf is too high! The location for this is not as good as Marina Bay Residences. One Shenton's sea view will definitely be blocked by the numerous skyscrapers coming up along the BFC, which includes the Sands' IR and Marina Bay Residences, plus who knows what other developments will pop up on the expanse of land between the BFC and the Marina South pier?

Methinks that the best units here will be the ones facing east, at the Sands' IR and Marina Bay. The ones facing Sentosa will have a view of the PSA dock before you see Harbourfront and Sentosa; the ones facing the city you have to contend with old buildings of Shenton Way/Tanjong Pagar.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hot market
    Hi Ryan,

I'm the marketing agent from Knight Frank. You may contact me at 91075155 or email me at [email protected] for more information.

Thanks

Sean Chew

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hihi
    I know a few people who went for the VVVIP preview today. Heard there are enough blank cheques handed in to secure half the development already.
    The VIP preview starts only next week.

You can be sure that the premium units like the sky suites and sky villas would have all been snapped up already by people with VVVIP privileges.

Still, I think that the price of $1,800psf is too high! The location for this is not as good as Marina Bay Residences. One Shenton's sea view will definitely be blocked by the numerous skyscrapers coming up along the BFC, which includes the Sands' IR and Marina Bay Residences, plus who knows what other developments will pop up on the expanse of land between the BFC and the Marina South pier?

Methinks that the best units here will be the ones facing east, at the Sands' IR and Marina Bay. The ones facing Sentosa will have a view of the PSA dock before you see Harbourfront and Sentosa; the ones facing the city you have to contend with old buildings of Shenton Way/Tanjong Pagar.
    huh? Are u sure they are allow to buy already??

Unregistered Guest

errr i think hihi meant that there are enough rich people who have interest in this project. the number of blank cheques already accumulated are enough to guarantee the selling of at least half of this project.... the more expensive half, i reckon.

arthur Guest

Hi Ryan, did you get the fact sheet from a Knight Frank agent?

ryan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by arthur
    Hi Ryan, did you get the fact sheet from a Knight Frank agent?
    No, I got it from a friend. Why?

I heard developer is not paying any fee to the markleting agent for selling the units.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    errr i think hihi meant that there are enough rich people who have interest in this project. the number of blank cheques already accumulated are enough to guarantee the selling of at least half of this project.... the more expensive half, i reckon.

SpecuVestor Guest

Anyone can share the floor plans here ? Thanks.

Sailing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by surfers
    I heard developer is not paying any fee to the markleting agent for selling the units.
    That would be very bad...

So now, customer end up paying commission to the marketing agent in order to buy an unit from the developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailing
    That would be very bad...

Sailing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by surfers
    So now, customer end up paying commission to the marketing agent in order to buy an unit from the developer.
    Yup, customer must prepare 2 cheques, one for developer, the other for agent.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sailing
    Yup, customer must prepare 2 cheques, one for developer, the other for agent.
    sure or not!!!!

r u all just talking c**k? You mean CDL so confident?

this is real Guest

One Shenton already more than 70% sold. Average price is $1,650 psf, which is lower than what market watchers had speculated 2 weeks ago.

Guess Marina Bay looks to cool of for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by this is real
    One Shenton already more than 70% sold. Average price is $1,650 psf, which is lower than what market watchers had speculated 2 weeks ago.

Top Print Edition Stories
    Published January 5, 2007

CityDev's One Shenton set to go for up to $2,500 psf

Agents ask buyers for blank cheques to get choice units

By UMA SHANKARI

(SINGAPORE) Apartments in City Developments' newest condominium, One Shenton, are likely to go for between $1,500-$2,500 per square foot (psf) during its expected soft launch today, according to agents marketing the project.

Agents from Knight Frank and ERA are also asking interested parties for blank cheques and authorisation letters to help buyers secure choice units in the much-anticipated 99-year leasehold development on Shenton Way, in the heart of the financial district.

The cheques are to be made out to a United Overseas Bank account, which the agents say is under CityDev's name.

Apartment prices in the 341-unit development are expected to be in the $1,500-$2,500 psf range, at least for starters. Prices could go up as the days pass as with the nearby Marina Bay Residences (MBR), where prices were raised each subsequent day during the soft launch, one agent says.

While it is widely expected that CityDev will start selling the project today, some agents believe that the soft launch could start tomorrow instead, with today reserved for investors looking to pick up whole floors.

It is also not clear if CityDev will be releasing all units in the project over this coming weekend, although it might do so if buyer interest is strong, an agent from ERA says.

For now, agents are collecting cheques and authorisation letters so that they can stand in line - with some promising to do so overnight if need be - in lieu of potential buyers. Once apartments are offered to them, the agents will then call their clients, who can then make a decision on whether to go ahead with the purchase, allowing the agents to seal the deal on the spot.

One Shenton consists of two towers - one 50-storey and the other 42. There will be a mix of studio, and two, three and four-bedroom apartments, as well as 'sky suites' and 'sky villas'. Sizes range from 520 to 9,600 square feet. The car park is on the first seven storeys; residential units begin from the eight floor.

CityDev is expected to benefit from high prices seen in the recent launch of MBR, where a unit fetched a record $3,400 psf. However, units at One Shenton are expected to be priced below those at MBR, agents say.

polkski Guest

Just now during lunch I was a long queue of people outside Shenton House. I guess those are the millionaires queueing for One Shenton.

polkski Guest

Just heard from my colleague that prices for the upper floor big units are already hitting $2,500 psf now... it is scary!

Top Print Edition Stories
    Published January 6, 2007

Leng Beng stays bullish as One Shenton snapped up
    Entire floors of the two towers bought for $1,500 to over $2,000 psf

By ARTHUR SIM

(SINGAPORE) City Developments Ltd (CDL) executive chairman Kwek Leng Beng remains bullish about the high-end property market and expects prices to rise 10-20 per cent this year.

Big draw: Guests waiting for the lift after arriving to see the One Shenton showflat on Shenton Way yesterday and (next) a model of One Shenton, which will have a 50-storey tower and a 43-storey tower joined by a podium block with 11 retail units

Mr Kwek was speaking at the soft launch of CDL's latest residential development - One Shenton - where at least 70 per cent of the 341 apartments were snapped up at a preview last night, mainly by investors who purchased entire floors, sources said.

Units were sold for '$1,500 to over $2,000 psf'. The rest will no doubt move fast as long queues were seen outside the development's showflat even late into the night.

Mr Kwek also said that he does not believe the projected slowdown in the economy this year will clip property prices.

Believing market sentiment will 'filter through' to all segments, Mr Kwek also said that he expects mass-market prices to increase 6-10 per cent in 2007.

It is this confidence that perhaps prompted him to turn down offers from institutional investors to buy One Shenton en bloc.

Two institutional investors whom he described only as 'Western' approached CDL, with the highest offer close to $1,700 per square foot, he said. This would have made the sale price in excess of $714 million, based on the development's 420,000 sq ft of sellable floor area.

Instead, Mr Kwek said that he would rather sell the two-tower development to individuals for between '$1,500 to over $2,000 psf' because 'they have been queuing up and knocking on our doors . . it wouldn't be nice'.

He revealed that up to 30 per cent of CDL's customers are repeat buyers and it would also be a matter of 'goodwill'. CDL also expects between 60 and 70 per cent of the buyers to be Singaporean.

The 99-year leasehold development will have 142 one-bedroom units, with or without study. There will be 113 two-bedroom units, 54 three-bedroom units, 21 four-bedroom units and 11 Sky Suites and Sky Villas.

The development will consist of a 50-storey tower and a 43-storey tower joined by a podium block with 11 retail units. CDL has no plans to sell the retail units.

One Shenton is being launched in a price slightly lower than that of Marina Bay Residences, which were launched last month at $1,550-$2,150 psf, with the highest priced unit going for a record $3,400 psf.

One Shenton cannot command the same views as Marina Bay Residences so records may not be broken this time. Still, Mr Kwek revealed that he has ambitious plans to buy the whole urban block that One Shenton sits on, which includes Shenton House and UIC Building.

He is interested in the Government Land Sales white site to be launched in the first half of this year next to One Shenton.

Makelele Guest

Default 70% of One Shenton units snapped up on first day

Jan 6, 2007

70% of One Shenton units snapped up on first day

At least 14 whole floors of leasehold condo sold; Western funds offer to buy entire blocks

By Fiona Chan

HOME-BUYERS snapped up almost three-quarters of the units at eagerly anticipated One Shenton, the latest condominium in the red-hot Marina Bay area, at its soft launch yesterday.

About 70 per cent of the 341-unit project was sold by 10pm, with hundreds of buyers still queueing up despite the rain last night, sources said.

With sales still going strong, the sales office was expected to stay open through the night, they added.

One source said that at least 14 whole floors of the condo, located on the fringes of the financial district, had been bought by 6pm.

Developer City Developments (CDL) had originally planned to release only 100 units yesterday, priced between $1,500 and $2,000 per sq ft (psf), but the overwhelming interest prompted it to put more units on sale.

The 99-year leasehold condo's 11 penthouses, however, are being held back from public sale for now and might be sold via a tender process, depending on demand.

CDL said they will be priced higher than the other units on a psf basis, but declined to give indicative prices.

A 200-strong crowd of interested buyers gathered yesterday afternoon on the ground floor of 1 Shenton Way, formerly Robina House, waiting their turn to be taken up to the show-flat and sales office on the 22nd floor.

CDL's VIP customers and those purchasing whole floors were entertained first, so other buyers of individual units prepared to camp out in the queue overnight.

Many came armed with bags of groceries, bottles of water and even portable deck chairs. The crowd did not disperse even when it started to rain, leading CDL to set up marquees outside the building for shelter.

But the strong demand for One Shenton had started long before yesterday. CDL chairman Kwek Leng Beng said he had already received offers from two 'Western funds' to buy entire blocks in the two-tower project, One tower is 50 storeys high and the other has 42 floors.

One fund asked for a single tower while the other requested both blocks, Mr Kwek told reporters at a media preview of One Shenton yesterday.

The funds offered an average of $1,692 psf for the units, but he turned them down. The transaction would have taken too long to process, and he preferred to sell the units to Singaporeans individually, he said.

Property consultants attributed the demand for One Shenton yesterday to CDL pricing the project at the lower end of expectations.

Market watchers had predicted prices of up to $2,500 psf, after the blistering success of nearby Marina Bay Residences, where all 422 units were sold out in two days last month.

Prices averaged almost $2,000 psf there as buyers fed on the frenzy of the upcoming integrated resort in the area. They even skyrocketed to record highs of $3,400 psf for the penthouses, which were also sold via tender.

'It's possible that the competitive early-bird pricing for One Shenton helped to move units quite quickly,' said Ms Tay Huey Ying, director of research and consultancy at Colliers International.

'Purchasers would compare its prices with the high prices eventually achieved for Marina Bay Residences, so they might think that, comparatively, One Shenton is value for money.'

The demand for One Shenton, the first condo launch of the year, comes despite the Government's withdrawal of deferred stamp duty last month.

Home-buyers now have to fork out 3 per cent of the property's purchase price within 14 days, on top of the down payment. Previously they could defer stamp duty on uncompleted projects for up to a few years.

But the changes in stamp duty rules are unlikely to have 'an adverse impact on buyer activity in the high-end segment', which includes One Shenton, said Ms Tay.

This is because buyers of luxury homes tend to be more cash-rich and can afford to pay stamp duty upfront. However, some potential speculators might be deterred, she added.

[email protected]