Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: One Shenton (D1, 99 year leasehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire
    The main problem with the Sail and MBR is that there are too many ongoing construction activities in the vicinity and most tenants do not like to stay near construction sites, this explains why the rent is lower than say Icon, which is in D2 and older. Some investors are waiting for the construction activities to end quickly and they likely to increase the rent then. The clift has a more pleasant surrounding with conservation shophouses (which expats like) as compared to lumiere, and no ongoing construction nearby. The good thing about lumiere is that there are balconies which expats like, but not near amenities (except macdonald) moreover, it is surrounded by old office buildings. To me, one shenton is the best looking development there, very grand with best facilities, but the shortcoming is that it is too near the main road, blocked view and not as near to the current MRT stations.
    actually i don't quite fancy the look of 1 shenton. looks kind of tacky.... there's too many things happening on the building.

and it's gold....

not exactly a "timeless" design...

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    I hear some lumiere units rented out at 4k/m. Isn't it about the same as Sail?

Now 2.2k psf is overpriced. Some Sail units are going at 2k psf only.

From propertyguru, clift, sail, 1shenton n lumiere all about the same psf. Why wouldnt anyone choose Sail instead??

1shenton is all blocked. Clift n lumiere has better view but "feel" slightly lower class. Sail is slightly "old" and huge 1000 over units. So given 2k psf, which project represent value???
    Yes I agree with you that one shenton is all blocked - that's why I don't understand why it is priced above clift for instance which does have better views for most units.

Maybe like you said one shenton is supposed to "feel" slightly better class so can command premium. But shouldn't views be more important than furnishing / finishing at the end of the day for tenants? I mean in this case, one shenton vs clift, shouldn't the much better views weigh more than the slightly poorer finishing at the clift?

Or am I missing something? Location? Again imagining I'm a tenant they are pretty close in reality in my opinion. And to tip into clift's favour even more, one shenton's tenant would have to bear with all the construction noise over the next few years. If I'm a tenant I'll ask for a rent discount isn't it??

You are right. You can view the video from the propertyguru site. The particular 4 bedder unit at MBS has a great view from the living room but the bedrooms are all facing the construction site cum AYE. You can hear the noise once the balcony window at the bedroom is open.
    The main problem with the Sail and MBR is that there are too many ongoing construction activities in the vicinity and most tenants do not like to stay near construction sites, this explains why the rent is lower than say Icon, which is in D2 and older. Some investors are waiting for the construction activities to end quickly and they likely to increase the rent then. The clift has a more pleasant surrounding with conservation shophouses (which expats like) as compared to lumiere, and no ongoing construction nearby. The good thing about lumiere is that there are balconies which expats like, but not near amenities (except macdonald) moreover, it is surrounded by old office buildings. To me, one shenton is the best looking development there, very grand with best facilities, but the shortcoming is that it is too near the main road, blocked view and not as near to the current MRT stations.

Quote Originally Posted by skeptikos
    Yes I agree with you that one shenton is all blocked - that's why I don't understand why it is priced above clift for instance which does have better views for most units.

Maybe like you said one shenton is supposed to "feel" slightly better class so can command premium. But shouldn't views be more important than furnishing / finishing at the end of the day for tenants? I mean in this case, one shenton vs clift, shouldn't the much better views weigh more than the slightly poorer finishing at the clift?

Or am I missing something? Location? Again imagining I'm a tenant they are pretty close in reality in my opinion. And to tip into clift's favour even more, one shenton's tenant would have to bear with all the construction noise over the next few years. If I'm a tenant I'll ask for a rent discount isn't it??
    The clift's floor area and layout is good. I would expect it to fetch the highest rental on a psf basis. One Shenton has better facilities. As for the view, unless you stay on the high floors and unblock then it will call for a premium. Most of the residents there works in the CBD area, hence I would think their offices would offer them the similar view, so unless it is on a high floor, looking out the windows would remind them of being in office.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    actually i don't quite fancy the look of 1 shenton. looks kind of tacky.... there's too many things happening on the building.

and it's gold....

not exactly a "timeless" design...
    To me the exterior looks much better than the Sail and MBR. They look too much like office buildings and blend into their surrounding. Till now I can't really distinguish which building is which in that cluster.

Great feedback n interaction guys... I am thinking to get another D1/2 property but is torn between those discussed..

The clift's floor area and layout is good. I would expect it to fetch the highest rental on a psf basis. One Shenton has better facilities. As for the view, unless you stay on the high floors and unblock then it will call for a premium. Most of the residents there works in the CBD area, hence I would think their offices would offer them the similar view, so unless it is on a high floor, looking out the windows would remind them of being in office.
    Are you saying that one shenton has unblock views on high floors? From what I've seen so far it seems to be blocked by Asia Square for sea view, sail and mb suites for bay view, and sgx for city view (maybe really high floors can clear sgx but probably a somewhat blocked view plus not that nice a view in my opinion). Left view over UIC building but that building may be redeveloped in future - more construction?!

Are you saying that one shenton has unblock views on high floors? From what I've seen so far it seems to be blocked by Asia Square for sea view, sail and mb suites for bay view, and sgx for city view (maybe really high floors can clear sgx but probably a somewhat blocked view plus not that nice a view in my opinion). Left view over UIC building but that building may be redeveloped in future - more construction?!
    Don't know. As far as I can see now the gold coloured tower seems to be unblock by Asia Square.

Not sure if anyone is experiencing this but I've been receiving more agents' calls lately trying to sell one shenton (vs clift / sail) with agents citing TOP "fever" + Robinson suites "sell out" as reasons to jump into one shenton now instead of other projects?!

Especially those "sea view" units are getting hard sells with more expensive pricing placed on them. And when I asked about Asia Square's 2 towers, answer would become "some sort of a sea view / pocket view". Seems like even the agents aren't sure of the scale and size of the 2 Asia Square towers combined...

Or maybe owners of those "sea view" units trying to ride on Robinson Suites' Freehold psf to off-load their units before Asia Square tower 2 comes up in 3 years' time and becomes obvious to future prospective buyers that the view premium is a myth... Sounds like history repeating itself when Asia Square tower 1 eventually came up this year blocking all of one shenton tower 1 plus the 3 sky bridges.

In fact I heard developer is still trying to sell those 3 bedders blocked by Asia Square tower 1 and the back of the under-construction marina bay suites... Can anyone verify this? I'm taking agents' words with a pinch of salt these
    days... Even the developer's... No bay view, no sea view... time to re-draw one shenton's brochure on its sea / sentosa / bay views which is misleading on hindsight!

From my google:

Asia Square Tower 1 will feature 43 floors and Asia Square Tower 2 will feature 46 floors with the hotel, to be operated by the Westin Hotel (Starwood Hotel) group, occupying the 32nd to 46th floors. The retail space within Asia Square will be located on the 1st and 2nd floors in both towers. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Square)

Development Name:One Shenton
    Property Type:Apartment
    Developer:City Developments Limited
    Tenure:99-year Leasehold
    Completion Year:2009
    # of Floors:50
    # of Units:341
    (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/one-shenton-135)

So only the top few floors can clear the Asia Square Towers. But URA is going to sell more Marina Bay land from 2013. Based on the high price of the land, I'm quite sure the future office blocks will have taller towers to block all views. Can still put giant poster with nice seaview on the bedroom wall to simulate sea view though...

Default ONE SHENTON

I LOVE the Gold tower....

BTW why LPS so sooty??? Eeeks

I took a quick snap so it is not so good

Estimated TOP from CDL was end Jan 2011 but until now still no news of TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I LOVE the Gold tower....

BTW why LPS so sooty??? Eeeks
    Grease from kitchen exhaust... essence of char kway teow....

Hot flavored air rises....

Talking

What???

One "Chateau Quay" Shenton?

bro, still can't get over The Noose huh...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    What???

One "Chateau Quay" Shenton?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    bro, still can't get over The Noose huh...
    Wrong pic! Should be

Not sure if anyone is experiencing this but I've been receiving more agents' calls lately trying to sell one shenton (vs clift / sail) with agents citing TOP "fever" + Robinson suites "sell out" as reasons to jump into one shenton now instead of other projects?!

Especially those "sea view" units are getting hard sells with more expensive pricing placed on them. And when I asked about Asia Square's 2 towers, answer would become "some sort of a sea view / pocket view". Seems like even the agents aren't sure of the scale and size of the 2 Asia Square towers combined...

Or maybe owners of those "sea view" units trying to ride on Robinson Suites' Freehold psf to off-load their units before Asia Square tower 2 comes up in 3 years' time and becomes obvious to future prospective buyers that the view premium is a myth... Sounds like history repeating itself when Asia Square tower 1 eventually came up this year blocking all of one shenton tower 1 plus the 3 sky bridges.

In fact I heard developer is still trying to sell those 3 bedders blocked by Asia Square tower 1 and the back of the under-construction marina bay suites... Can anyone verify this? I'm taking agents' words with a pinch of salt these
    days... Even the developer's... No bay view, no sea view... time to re-draw one shenton's brochure on its sea / sentosa / bay views which is misleading on hindsight!

To all,

Hoping to clear the doubts of the views of One Shenton, I've done some homework. Here are some photos for your reference.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/att...1&d=1301656475

http://forums.condosingapore.com/att...1&d=1301656653

You can still have pocket seaview from One Shenton Tower 2 (back) as there's a gap between Asia Sq Tower 1 & the upcoming Tower 2. Even went to CDL and check with the sale staff who confirmed that the stacks behind Tower 2 (which is facing Asia Sq) are the best stacks without blockage. Of cos, in near future, there will be buildings further up which will blocked the further views but you can still get city views.

FYI, These models photo are taken from Marina Bay City Gallery situated between The Sail and MBS. Add as follow.

Opening hours:
    Tuesday - Friday: 10:00am to 8:00pm
    Saturday, Sunday, Public Holiday: 10:00am to 9:00pm
    Admission is free.
    Address:
    11 Marina Boulevard, Singapore 018940

Quote Originally Posted by branspk
    To all,

Hoping to clear the doubts of the views of One Shenton, I've done some homework. Here are some photos for your reference.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/att...1&d=1301656475

http://forums.condosingapore.com/att...1&d=1301656653

You can still have pocket seaview from One Shenton Tower 2 (back) as there's a gap between Asia Sq Tower 1 & the upcoming Tower 2. Even went to CDL and check with the sale staff who confirmed that the stacks behind Tower 2 (which is facing Asia Sq) are the best stacks without blockage. Of cos, in near future, there will be buildings further up which will blocked the further views but you can still get city views.

FYI, These models photo are taken from Marina Bay City Gallery situated between The Sail and MBS. Add as follow.

Opening hours:
    Tuesday - Friday: 10:00am to 8:00pm
    Saturday, Sunday, Public Holiday: 10:00am to 9:00pm
    Admission is free.
    Address:
    11 Marina Boulevard, Singapore 018940
    I think the best facing is still along Shenton way cos there wont be any construction you need to bear for the next few years..

Top soon rite? Actual product quite close to artist impression... Cool

Cool

1 shenton has a beautiful facade,really stands out among the other buildings..cant wait to see the interior n the facilities!

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    I think the best facing is still along Shenton way cos there wont be any construction you need to bear for the next few years..
    Agree... The stacks facing Lau Pasat is not facing any constructions but if u pass by One Shenton around 2pm to 5pm you will find that strong afternoon sun falls onto Tower 2 (affecting those mid to high floor stacks facing LPS). Constructions will always be completed but facing is something we can't change.

Fyi, One Shenton have already got the T.O.P last week.

Agree... The stacks facing Lau Pasat is not facing any constructions but if u pass by One Shenton around 2pm to 5pm you will find that strong afternoon sun falls onto Tower 2 (affecting those mid to high floor stacks facing LPS). Constructions will always be completed but facing is something we can't change.

Fyi, One Shenton have already got the T.O.P last week.
    Thanks for this bit of information. I have not received any TOP notification from my lawyers yet. I have a stack 4 and 10 studio. From your earlier analysis, it appears that stack 10 will not be block by the future hotel at Asia square?

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Thanks for this bit of information. I have not received any TOP notification from my lawyers yet. I have a stack 4 and 10 studio. From your earlier analysis, it appears that stack 10 will not be block by the future hotel at Asia square?
    Hi, you are welcome. Called CDL they said they need 2 to 3 weeks to send out letters to lawyers. Yes, looking at the model from Marina gallery(refer to my previous post), there's a gap between Asia Sq 1 & 2 and stack 10 is facing in between the 2 Asia Sq towers.

Hi, you are welcome. Called CDL they said they need 2 to 3 weeks to send out letters to lawyers. Yes, looking at the model from Marina gallery(refer to my previous post), there's a gap between Asia Sq 1 & 2 and stack 10 is facing in between the 2 Asia Sq towers.
    Wonder is stack 4 very high floor a good stack after stack 10? It is facing tower 2 and asia sq on the left.

Cool

1 shenton that pathetic meh? must have gap here n gap there to have view? anyway it wont make much of a difference lah.
    most important the location for 1 shenton is good! thats good enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    1 shenton that pathetic meh? must have gap here n gap there to have view? anyway it wont make much of a difference lah.
    most important the location for 1 shenton is good! thats good enough already.
    totally agree...pocketed view jus pathetic....

cant wait to visit 1 shenton! looks so nice from the outside

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    totally agree...pocketed view jus pathetic....

cant wait to visit 1 shenton! looks so nice from the outside

The finishing of the interiors (common areas) is quite good. The pocketed views at night surprisingly exceed expectations...but maybe it is from a low base of having no expectation. There is a pocket view of MBS even from low floors. Took some pics but it is too cumbersome to post it here. The 50m lap pool looks narrow..not sure if the facilities will be as crowded as the sail considering that there are lesser units. The development can easily pass off as a boutique 5* hotel.