Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: One Shenton (D1, 99 year leasehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    Lumiere a better buy?? you must be kidding me...cos as mentioned, if it is good..it should be fully sold....but there are still units available...
    Lumiere looks really dead. Developer holding on to 50 units waiting/dreaming to launch at 2500 psf up. Units are asking 1900-2200psf depending on floor but no takers. The actual rental is not as fantastic as portrayed by agents earlier before TOP.

A 506 sqft stack 4 studio at 950k - 1.1 mil with a rental of $3500 to $4000 translate to a yield of 4- 4.5%? Thats already pro forma numbers since other developments like Clift have not come online. The original buyers and some buyers in the downturn in early 09 will be able to enjoy 6% or more yield. Not those sub sale guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Lumiere looks really dead. Developer holding on to 50 units waiting/dreaming to launch at 2500 psf up. Units are asking 1900-2200psf depending on floor but no takers. The actual rental is not as fantastic as portrayed by agents earlier before TOP.

A 506 sqft stack 4 studio at 950k - 1.1 mil with a rental of $3500 to $4000 translate to a yield of 4- 4.5%? Thats already pro forma numbers since other developments like Clift have not come online. The original buyers and some buyers in the downturn in early 09 will be able to enjoy 6% or more yield. Not those sub sale guys.
    4-4.5% yield not too bad mah rite? i actually expect lumiere prices to go up to 2.1-2.2kpsf after TOP...but...lol...isit due to redevelopment of marina hse which is right in front?

i am also holding on and dreaming

Lumiere a better buy?? you must be kidding me...cos as mentioned, if it is good..it should be fully sold....but there are still units available...
    What I mean is you can rent it out as residential or office, pretty wide coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    4-4.5% yield not too bad mah rite? i actually expect lumiere prices to go up to 2.1-2.2kpsf after TOP...but...lol...isit due to redevelopment of marina hse which is right in front?

i am also holding on and dreaming
    4 - 4.5% is fine depending on what is the exit strategy. If buy for long term rental yield then its quite pathetic. If holding on for capital gain in near future then its acceptable. But at the buy in prices now at 1.9 to 2.1k psf, not much meat left for capital gain. Maybe another 200-300 psf gain? Given the small sizes of the units, 500-700 sqft, not much quantum gain also. After the BSD, SSD, Legal Fees, Bank penalty, Agent Comm, lucky to make 50-100 k?

If you enter at around 1700 psf, the yield should be 5%? Thats ok IMO. Maybe I am too used to 6+ % yield. Frankly, I think there is some resistance at the 2.2k psf mark, buyers are unwilling to pay that kind of prices although they will happily pay 2.4k psf up for the Freehold RS. From my observation, the clift has also hit such a resistance, things may change when it TOPs but I doubt so.

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    What I mean is you can rent it out as residential or office, pretty wide coverage.
    Hi Shaun,

Regardless of whether you rent out as a residential or office, does the rental really differ by much? I think what you meant was to reach out to a larger pool of tenants? Given the small unit sizes, office usage is limited to maybe fund managers working the graveyard shift?

I hear some lumiere units rented out at 4k/m. Isn't it about the same as Sail?

Now 2.2k psf is overpriced. Some Sail units are going at 2k psf only.

From propertyguru, clift, sail, 1shenton n lumiere all about the same psf. Why wouldnt anyone choose Sail instead??

1shenton is all blocked. Clift n lumiere has better view but "feel" slightly lower class. Sail is slightly "old" and huge 1000 over units. So given 2k psf, which project represent value???

From propertyguru, clift, sail, 1shenton n lumiere all about the same psf. Why wouldnt anyone choose Sail instead??

1shenton is all blocked. Clift n lumiere has better view but "feel" slightly lower class. Sail is slightly "old" and huge 1000 over units. So given 2k psf, which project represent value???
    We should not be confused with Properties in district 1 and district 2...

It's just like people always compare Citylights & Southank cos they are so near even if they are in diff district

It's just like people always compare Citylights & Southank cos they are so near even if they are in diff district
    Wow..like that also can compare ah...u mean Novena and Balestier can compare???

Wow..like that also can compare ah...u mean Novena and Balestier can compare???
    U didn't read other thread? Vista D12 vs Cube8 D11. Southbank D7 vs CL D8. And so on...

U can check how much vista is now, 1450psf, same as 368 Thomson liao loh...

U didn't read other thread? Vista D12 vs Cube8 D11. Southbank D7 vs CL D8. And so on...

U can check how much vista is now, 1450psf, same as 368 Thomson liao loh...
    U must be kidding me again..u are using Far East Vista to compare....wah lao...Far East condo can compare one meh?? Y dun u say Centro Residences in AMK is better than some prime district ones...???

Please lah...dont kid in this forum leh...

U must be kidding me again..u are using Far East Vista to compare....wah lao...Far East condo can compare one meh?? Y dun u say Centro Residences in AMK is better than some prime district ones...???

Why do u need to reply for the seek of reply?
    Arte vs Cube8? Madison vs L'viv?

Different district but when they are close, comparison are still made.
    I believe many forumer agree on this.

Do u compare Lumiere in D2 with spottiewood D2 or 76 shenton in D1?

Why do u need to reply for the seek of reply?
    Arte vs Cube8? Madison vs L'viv?

Different district but when they are close, comparison are still made.
    I believe many forumer agree on this.

Do u compare Lumiere in D2 with spottiewood D2 or 76 shenton in D1?
    I think the best is to compare apple to apple...and not apple to orange...

U should compare district 1 versus district 1...district 2 versus district 2..

U compare Lumiere with Altez, Icon, and 76 Shenton...which is all in district 2...

In district 1, u compare Sail, MBR, MBS, one shenton and clift....

Dont ever get mixed up with 1 and 2 cos the location is clear...let me remind u...

I think the best is to compare apple to apple...and not apple to orange...

U should compare district 1 versus district 1...district 2 versus district 2..

U compare Lumiere with Altez, Icon, and 76 Shenton...which is all in district 2...

In district 1, u compare Sail, MBR, MBS, one shenton and clift....

Dont ever get mixed up with 1 and 2 cos the location is clear...let me remind u...
    which means clift is super undervalued among the big brothers!

any units left for sale from developer?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    any units left for sale from developer?
    u wouldnt want to buy from FEO rite?

Mr shauntanzs say can compare FEO Vista with others in district 11 even if it is in district 12....so, maybe he will buy from FEO???

Hmm heard FEO's QC for high end proj is good leh

Not sure can anyone confirm this?

Duplicated

Believe it is at the moment. Cheapest unit I saw on Sat is around 980k. I predict fair value around 1.1M when TOP and stablise. Sail and 1 shenton 1.25M to 1.3M for cheapest studio now. Eventually when people realise the existence of Clift, things will change. Don't forget, Clift is a few mins walk to lau pa sat only and is new.

Lumiere is smaller in size and so, the higher psf translate to a lower price than Sail. To see this better, MBR has one of the lowest yield in Singapore because the size is 700++ sq ft and high psf. Imagine icon 1M 570 sq ft fetch 3.5k and MBR 1.8M 720 sq ft fetch 4.5k. Which one higher yield?

This guy keeps going diff thread and comment others
    I wonder how guru he is.. Respect please...

Wrote:
    U are funny man Mr Smurf...U dun even know what u are talking about when u comment...what a load of rubbish out from your mouth all the time..

This Mr Blue don't know what he is talking about...just ignore him....don't know what this bunny is thinking about his carrot?
    Maybe he means people who buy seafront is carrot???

What a utter rubbish u talking about...prime means higher prices...of course...but we compare the same type of properties...Dont tell me dont bother with age please....y dont tell me your district 15 is more expansive than the HDB in town area..different types of properties simply cannot compare..U talk like a kid man .....please use some wisdom in your thinking because

I think Mr eng81157 needs to go back to school to study some Economics 101....price means many things my friend...if there is no demand or not popular...do you think the price will be high?

This guy keeps going diff thread and comment others
    I wonder how guru he is.. Respect please...

Wrote:
    U are funny man Mr Smurf...U dun even know what u are talking about when u comment...what a load of rubbish out from your mouth all the time..

This Mr Blue don't know what he is talking about...just ignore him....don't know what this bunny is thinking about his carrot?
    Maybe he means people who buy seafront is carrot???

What a utter rubbish u talking about...prime means higher prices...of course...but we compare the same type of properties...Dont tell me dont bother with age please....y dont tell me your district 15 is more expansive than the HDB in town area..different types of properties simply cannot compare..U talk like a kid man .....please use some wisdom in your thinking because

I think Mr eng81157 needs to go back to school to study some Economics 101....price means many things my friend...if there is no demand or not popular...do you think the price will be high?
    When u have nothing to say, u quote what i said in other forums....this is the best defense i must say....

anyway, please stick to the points u have made....and that is, please be specific do not do vague comment...

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Believe it is at the moment. Cheapest unit I saw on Sat is around 980k. I predict fair value around 1.1M when TOP and stablise. Sail and 1 shenton 1.25M to 1.3M for cheapest studio now. Eventually when people realise the existence of Clift, things will change. Don't forget, Clift is a few mins walk to lau pa sat only and is new.
    I believ u are talking about the unit 495sqft #2X.....just to make it clear..the PSF is still around $1980psf...yes, the quantum may be low but it is not really that cheap because the size is small....

Actually, the $psf is more or less there....compared to others...Which leads me back to the same conclusion...how can FEO condo be cheap?!

When u have nothing to say, u quote what i said in other forums....this is the best defense i must say....

anyway, please stick to the points u have made....and that is, please be specific do not do vague comment...
    What is wrong with this guy
    I thought we are in a free to discuss forum?
    What wrong with making comparison between southbank n citylights? Comparison are made everywhere, SG vs hk
    Why do u like to go to different thread n start gunning people down?
    U mentioned u own some properties but I can relate a person with a status like u to have such low EQ??

Why are u afraid others to read your old post? Something to hide?

And I am sure u will reply my post with more defense and reasoning

Opps... I guess I sound alittle rude in my previous post..
    My apology...

2k psf rejected last weekend. Actually Clift size is fine because no planters, no bay window except for a small tiny one, no balcony, no corridor. No wasted space. I foresee it could be the same feel as a 600 sq ft studio in one shenton.

I believ u are talking about the unit 495sqft #2X.....just to make it clear..the PSF is still around $1980psf...yes, the quantum may be low but it is not really that cheap because the size is small....

Actually, the $psf is more or less there....compared to others...Which leads me back to the same conclusion...how can FEO condo be cheap?!

if one shenton is going for 2k+ What do the forum think the premium for freehold should be? What would be a reasonable price for Robinson suites. 20%? 30%? 40%

Sometime it is not bad to have a small planter which can also serve as a small balcony by decking it. This is good especially for unit on high floors and good view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    2k psf rejected last weekend. Actually Clift size is fine because no planters, no bay window except for a small tiny one, no balcony, no corridor. No wasted space. I foresee it could be the same feel as a 600 sq ft studio in one shenton.

The main problem with the Sail and MBR is that there are too many ongoing construction activities in the vicinity and most tenants do not like to stay near construction sites, this explains why the rent is lower than say Icon, which is in D2 and older. Some investors are waiting for the construction activities to end quickly and they likely to increase the rent then. The clift has a more pleasant surrounding with conservation shophouses (which expats like) as compared to lumiere, and no ongoing construction nearby. The good thing about lumiere is that there are balconies which expats like, but not near amenities (except macdonald) moreover, it is surrounded by old office buildings. To me, one shenton is the best looking development there, very grand with best facilities, but the shortcoming is that it is too near the main road, blocked view and not as near to the current MRT stations.