Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro View Post
    I went down to the sf on both days. Today is so much quieter. With most of the 1br oversized, I wonder if the take up rate would be as hot as expected ...
    Huh? We agents are all so worried about how low the supply of the 1BRs is ley....
    So many cheques received for the 1BR but there are only less than 200 (including studios and 1+Study) to go around for the first day sales!

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    Huh? We agents are all so worried about how low the supply of the 1BRs is ley....
    So many cheques received for the 1BR but there are only less than 200 (including studios and 1+Study) to go around for the first day sales!
    Oh ok. Then good luck to you and your buyers. Hope they get their choice units. My friends and I have each also submitted our cheques for 1br, but after some discussions we have decided to pull out.

Oh ok. Then good luck to you and your buyers. Hope they get their choice units. My friends and I have each also submitted our cheques for 1br, but after some discussions we have decided to pull out.
    I see.. Any reason why? Cos of the size of the units?
    Can try your luck for the 538 sqft ones ma. Size just right...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    I see.. Any reason why? Cos of the size of the units?
    Can try your luck for the 538 sqft ones ma. Size just right...
    Thanks sunboy. Yes I feel the 1 bedders are over sized. 538sf unit is nice size but facing direct west sun. Went on site to do some studies, the park view building is unable to block off the west sun.

Thanks sunboy. Yes I feel the 1 bedders are over sized. 538sf unit is nice size but facing direct west sun. Went on site to do some studies, the park view building is unable to block off the west sun.
    I see. Yep agree with your points actually.

Stack 04 - 538 sq ft faces north n NE.
    A bag full of tricks !

Quote Originally Posted by chloechen View Post
    Stack 04 - 538 sq ft faces north n NE.
    Oh my bad. I mistook it as stack 13 which is facing west sun.

Oh my bad. I mistook it as stack 13 which is facing west sun.
    Hee hee... New hopes ignited!

Any idea who is the main con for this project?

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel View Post
    Any idea who is the main con for this project?
    Japanese Obayashi Corporation.
    http://www.duoresidencesbyms.com/ms-...arina-one.html
    A bag full of tricks !

Good Contractor.
    Quote Originally Posted by chloechen View Post

Yes agree. Good main con.

Problem is the unit layout not very good. At this price level, probably more choices to choose from.

This project together with Concourse will move when Southbeach launches as these 2 projects are just outside the CBD.
    Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel View Post
    Yes agree. Good main con.

Problem is the unit layout not very good. At this price level, probably more choices to choose from.

Comparatively, I find the 1 bedders good sized in the 600+ sqft range ... also the pricing is much more competitive compared to TP or SB.

i believe South Beach and TP will be a whole lot more exclusive. Duo has slightly too many units to my liking, their marina one will be worse.

About SB, I think their 99 lease started 7 to 8 years back. By the time top, easily 10 yrs gone already.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina View Post
    About SB, I think their 99 lease started 7 to 8 years back. By the time top, easily 10 yrs gone already.
    CDL should have launched it a few years ago. Now with so many cms, their launch price has to be moderated. Are they still trying to find the right timing and pricing to launch the project?

Duo lease starts 1 July 2011. Its really very hard to know if next year would be better .. but I'm sure the soothsayers would say we are already tail end of the "bull run"

CDL should have launched it a few years ago. Now with so many cms, their launch price has to be moderated. Are they still trying to find the right timing and pricing to launch the project?
    SB project was disrupted because CDL middle east partner pull out after the lehman crisis and later on got IOI from Malaysia to come in.

For the SB site, I think CDL is not in hurry to launch as there are only 1xx units in this development.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    SB project was disrupted because CDL middle east partner pull out after the lehman crisis and later on got IOI from Malaysia to come in.

For the SB site, I think CDL is not in hurry to launch as there are only 1xx units in this development.
    Thanks Ringo for the info!
    I am glad to see a factual, no nonsense post from you.
    Keep it up!
    I look forward to seeing more of this type of post from you.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo55 View Post
    Duo lease starts 1 July 2011. Its really very hard to know if next year would be better .. but I'm sure the soothsayers would say we are already tail end of the "bull run"
    say they decide to launch in 2014. as a buyer, r u affected tat the lease actually started in 2011?

Happen to stumble upon this website :

http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases...gis-366895.htm

Queensland, Australia -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/24/2013 -- Duo Residences is one of the most anticipated developments to be brought to the city of Singapore. Standing tall and stunningly on the streets of Bugis, Duo Residences serves as an iconic mixed development that comprises luxury residences, office spaces, hotel, and retail gallery, all within a warm and friendly park-like environment. With all these, Duo Residences is not just an ordinary development, but a statement of art to be sipped in everyday living.

Carefully planned by the joint company M+S Pte Ltd (jointly owned by Malaysia’s Khazanah Nasional and Temasek Holdings) and beautifully designed by the world’s famous architect Ole Sheeren, Duo Residences is brought within a lively garden-like environment as two luxury towers, which separate the 660 units of residences and the commercial units of classy office spaces, retail complex and a five-starred hotel.

The mixed-use development is also strategically seated on Ophir-Rochor Road in the Downtown Core of Singapore, surrounding itself with endless choices of amenities, lifestyle and entertainment. Residents are conveniently served with easy connectivity, especially with the direct basement level connection to the brand new Bugis Interchange MRT Station, which makes travelling to hip spots like Raffles Place, Marina Bay, Orchard Road, or Singapore River much easier.

The combination of an iconic architecture, strategic location, easy accessibility and all the conveniences offered makes Duo Residences a perfect place to call home. Either for convenient own stay or promising investment, Duo Residences is never going to be a letdown.

Anna R. Scates
    517-404-0309
    Westland, MI
    http://duo-residences.officialnewlaunch.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Westland MI is Michigan, USA, and this project is also covered in the Australian news.
    Wow !
    A bag full of tricks !

Areas around sports hub - Dakota .. South bank and duo and linked to mrt.. I can expect prices to be supported and head north. The area is being revitalized

well i don't think it makes a difference right now. Even for SB which starts from 2007(?) ... its going to be priced much higher than Duo ..
    that said, how long does such residential (with office, hotel and retail) last normally before it needs to be enbloc-ed?
    Do we have such an example?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    say they decide to launch in 2014. as a buyer, r u affected tat the lease actually started in 2011?

The units for this project are mostly oversized by today's standard. I guess they appeal to the Malaysian buyers who are used to bigger units. Also good for local buyers who are after bigger units which is scarce or almost impossible to find in the new launches nowadays.

Unfortunately most of the 1brs, though having a big floor size, have very weird layouts. The 2brs and 3brs are really nice ... Very spacious living room and bedrooms ... I know 2 friends buying for own stay.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    You are right.
    Downtown core is only 9,10,11, 1,2...how can district 7 be part of down town core?

Quote Originally Posted by luzman View Post
    Downtown core is only 9,10,11, 1,2...how can district 7 be part of down town core?

what about D8 .... Makepeace road .... the houses there are very expensive ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    what about D8 .... Makepeace road .... the houses there are very expensive ...
    Whether is it downtown core or not .. It's just right smack between suntec and bugis ... Super short distance from Raffles Hotel etc ... Such is a good location.
    I don't see which district or zone its in makes a difference.
    Nowadays market is non-discerning, even OCR can selling like 1300-1500sqft, where does that put CCR?

It is CCR.
    Quote Originally Posted by luzman View Post

i like the layout of B1. Squarish and not too too small comparing to todays MM.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs