Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Duo Residences,99LH, M+S Pte Ltd [Ophir-Rochor]

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    cannot compare. Redhill is a different league.
    If u pay $1.5m how much can u rent out?
    If add abit more buy alex residence two units, capital appreciation and yield will be better. Just my view. Cheers.

just being cheeky:

cannot compare. FH mm is a different league.

LOL. but true.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11 View Post
    2k psf can buy mm at Devonshire FH

but there's still the 1.1m 1 bedder or even the 930k studio to fight with the alex's 760k one leh. if u compare the lowest quantum then DUO more attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    If u pay $1.5m how much can u rent out?
    If add abit more buy alex residence two units, capital appreciation and yield will be better. Just my view. Cheers.

1 hermes bag can buy 3 chanel bags, 1 channel bag can buy 2 LV bags.
    to the raffles place female RM, she needs to think very long which one to buy, to the indon tai tai or jamie chua, they dont even blink eye forking out 20k for a hermes.

it takes all kind of product and buyers to keep the market healthy

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    1 hermes bag can buy 3 chanel bags, 1 channel bag can buy 2 LV bags.
    to the raffles place female RM, she needs to think very long which one to buy, to the indon tai tai or jamie chua, they dont even blink eye forking out 20k for a hermes.

it takes all kind of product and buyers to keep the market healthy
    do the indon tai tai or jamie chua blink eye buying super-luxury properties?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    do the indon tai tai or jamie chua blink eye buying super-luxury properties?
    to quote Teo Chee Hian "what do you think?"

to quote Teo Chee Hian "what do you think?"
    i am quoting the student

It's all about quantum and rental yield.
    Tai Tai can buy without brain.

i am quoting the student
    haha. good one. need to counter with a Col Jessep's quote

you want the truth, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!

haha. good one. need to counter with a Col Jessep's quote

you want the truth, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
    very OT: a few versions of "you cant handle the truth" meme about ben bernanke

http://www.businessinsider.com/code-red-world-2013-10
    You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has unfathomably intricate economies, and those economies and the banks that are at their center have to be guarded by men with complex models and printing presses. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Mauldin? Can you even begin to grasp the resources we have to use in order to maintain balance in a system on the brink?

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom! You weep for Savers and creditors, and you curse the central bankers and quantitative easing. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the destruction of savers with inflation and low rates, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves jobs and banks and businesses and whole economies!

You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that central bank! You need me on that Committee! Without our willingness to silently serve, deflation would come storming over our economic walls and wreak far worse havoc on an entire nation and the world. I will not let the 1930s and that devastating unemployment and loss of lives repeat themselves on my watch.

We use words like "full employment," "inflation," "stability." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline!

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very prosperity that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just say "Thank you," and go on your way.

http://www.theburningplatform.com/20...-good-bankers/
    Son, we live in a world that has Wall Street bankers, and those bankers have to be enriched by men with printing presses. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Representative Ryan?

I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Middle Class, and you curse the Federal Reserve. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the US Dollar’s death, while tragic, probably enriched Wall Street bankers. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, benefits Wall Street bankers.

You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at Tea Parties, you want me on that printing press, you need me on that printing press.

We use words like debasement, inflation, systematic risk. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending banking interests. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very excess liquidity that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a computer terminal, and create a few trillion dollars. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

The $1.1m or $1.2m 1BR at DUO is likely to have a better rental yield than a $760k 1BR at Alex. 1BR at the boutique development Dorsett Residences is already doing $4,950 on last 6-months average (URA data).
    DUO vs Alex? Location different league, status different league, amenities different league, development type different league, even floor areas also different league. Frankly I don't even know why Alex should be in the discussion of DUO anyway.

If die die have to compare DUO and Alex, a closer comparison with Alex's 1BR is actually the studio units at DUO - all less than 500 sqft. $930k to $1.18m for DUO studios vs $760k for Alex. Dorsett and The Clift are doing $4k to $4.2k on average for their studios.

Ok, let's just assume DUO is in the same league as Dorsett, and I take the lower range of the average rental of Dorsett, and assuming I bought the most expensive studio of DUO, rental yield is still near 4.1% (at least!) for DUO. And everyone knows that Dorsett is just a small, boutique development.

Redhill condos? URA data says 2.9% to 3.6% for Ascentia Sky, 3.3% to 3.9% for Metropolitan.

So quite obvious the rental yield of DUO is a different world with Alex altogether.

In any case, some investors have a "collector's" mentaliy. Many buyers just want to buy into a piece of exclusivity - something special and out of the usual "just another condo" condo - regardless of what kind of rental yield it brings them. As discussed many times over already, the only other two "4-in-1" mega integrated developments in Singapore is Clermont and South Beach.

So sometimes it is not about spending without using brains. It is about owning.
    Like owning an Orchard Residences or MBR with rental yields of only 1.9%.
    Like owning a Rolex when I can buy 100 G-shocks with the same amount of money.

To me, yes, Alex is a "just another condo" condo. If Alex sells out, I wait for Wingtai's "The Crest". If The Crest also sells out, I wait for Land Parcel A. If Land Parcel A also sells out, I look for resale units at Metro, Tanglin View, Ascentia Sky, Echelon.

If DUO sells out, I wait for.....?
    Last edited by sunboy77; 06-11-13 at 13:23.

Duo studio is a studio. 1 room and that is all. You eat, sleep, shit in the same pathetic room.

Clift studio is a proper 1 bedroom unit with a proper sized living room and dining area. You can't compare like this.

If Clift is 4k rental, Duo studio will be likely to be in the range of 3 to 3.5k.

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77 View Post
    The $1.1m or $1.2m 1BR at DUO is likely to have a better rental yield than a $760k 1BR at Alex. 1BR at the boutique development Dorsett Residences is already doing $4,950 on last 6-months average (URA data).
    DUO vs Alex? Location different league, status different league, amenities different league, development type different league, even floor areas also different league. Frankly I don't even know why Alex should be in the discussion of DUO anyway.

If die die have to compare DUO and Alex, a closer comparison with Alex's 1BR is actually the studio units at DUO - all less than 500 sqft. $930k to $1.18m for DUO studios vs $760k for Alex. Dorsett and The Clift are doing $4k to $4.2k on average for their studios.

Ok, let's just assume DUO is in the same league as Dorsett, and I take the lower range of the average rental of Dorsett, and assuming I bought the most expensive studio of DUO, rental yield is still near 4.1% (at least!) for DUO. And everyone knows that Dorsett is just a small, boutique development.

Redhill condos? URA data says 2.9% to 3.6% for Ascentia Sky, 3.3% to 3.9% for Metropolitan.

So quite obvious the rental yield of DUO is a different world with Alex altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Duo studio is a studio. 1 room and that is all. You eat, sleep, shit in the same pathetic room.

Clift studio is a proper 1 bedroom unit with a proper sized living room and dining area. You can't compare like this.

If Clift is 4k rental, Duo studio will be likely to be in the range of 3 to 3.5k.
    It is quite hilarious to hear that the Clift has no studio. The 495 sqft in the Clift is called a "1-bedroom" simply because the developer puts up a piece of glass between where the bed is and where the sofa is. In your definition, I can also make the DUO 527 sqft studio a "2 bedroom compact" - and fetch $6k rental?

Alex residence is targeted mainly for own stay not much as for rental like Duo. When market is good im sure both development will give u a good rental. Alex Residence is more of a safer investment choice as the rental potential can be from NUS, one north, Alexander Comtech and also the future J gateway. Duo mainly caters to the people who work in the CBD area. Good or bad market also easy to rent out.
    Senior Marketing Consultant
    Huttons New Launches

I have a 495 sq ft studio so I know how it looks like.

Have you been to Lumiere studio? 506 sq ft. Maybe you should go and take a look. It looks just like the Duo studio. Then do a comparison and see what is the difference between Clift and Lumiere. In that way, you will know the difference instead of bullshitting here.

Btw, try putting a glass in between Duo studio. See how you fit a bed after that. Clift room is about 3m by 3m. Living room is 3m by 4m. Kitchen is 2.5m by 2.5m. It would be hilarious to compare Clift with Duo dimension.

It is quite hilarious to hear that the Clift has no studio. The 495 sqft in the Clift is called a "1-bedroom" simply because the developer puts up a piece of glass between where the bed is and where the sofa is. In your definition, I can also make the DUO 527 sqft studio a "2 bedroom compact" - and fetch $6k rental?

Duo $1.1m and $960k ones will be better.
    $1.5m is abit too high.

Son, we live in a property bubble that has excess supply, and those properties have to be bought and sold by people with means. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for affordability, and you curse foreign buying. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not having as many properties as I do. That low interest environment, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to keep buying, you need me to keep buying. We use words like quantum, PSF, finishings. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent buying properties. You use them as a punchline on some lousy property websites. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very condominium that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a property, and give a cheque. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Son, we live in a property bubble that has excess supply, and those properties have to be bought and sold by people with means. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for affordability, and you curse foreign buying. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not having as many properties as I do. That low interest environment, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to keep buying, you need me to keep buying. We use words like quantum, PSF, finishings. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent buying properties. You use them as a punchline on some lousy property websites. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very condominium that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a property, and give a cheque. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
    who say this? doesnt sounds like KBW or Tharman.

who say this? doesnt sounds like KBW or Tharman.

Actually during booking buyers were given a choice of wall or glass partition for the bedroom for Clift 1bedder units...
    There was never any studio units @the Clift.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    I have a 495 sq ft studio so I know how it looks like.

Have you been to Lumiere studio? 506 sq ft. Maybe you should go and take a look. It looks just like the Duo studio. Then do a comparison and see what is the difference between Clift and Lumiere. In that way, you will know the difference instead of bullshitting here.

Btw, try putting a glass in between Duo studio. See how you fit a bed after that. Clift room is about 3m by 3m. Living room is 3m by 4m. Kitchen is 2.5m by 2.5m. It would be hilarious to compare Clift with Duo dimension.
    I have owned The Clift #17-06 (506 sqft) briefly before. While granted that The Clift 1-bedroom has a really good layout, I don't see why I can't convert the DUO studio into a 1-bedroom unit just by putting up a glass. Somemore can give you an extra space for study table, a balcony, and a proper dry kitchen (what do they call that in the Clift? "KitcheNETTE" or something?)

As I said earlier, go measure Duo dimension and then let us know instead of just talking here. The floor plan is pretty standard. It is a queen sized bed (2 x 1.5m) so it is easy to calculate the dimension from there.

For Clift, bedroom to living room, end to end is about 6m. From door to windows in the living room, it is about 6.5m. The glass partition will divide the 6m into 3m. So I have 3m for bedroom and 3m for living room. Can put a bed + a sofa comfortably. Can Duo do the same?

I have owned The Clift #17-06 (506 sqft) before. While granted that The Clift 1-bedroom has a really good layout, I don't see why I can't convert the DUO studio into a 1-bedroom unit just by putting up a glass. Somemore can give you an extra space for study table, a balcony, and a proper dry kitchen (what do they call that in the Clift? "KitcheNETTE" or something?)

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
    Actually during booking buyers were given a choice of wall or glass partition for the bedroom for Clift 1bedder units...
    There was never any studio units @the Clift.
    Sorry. My bad then.

if one wishes to buy into a project that is designed by famous architect, then you should not hope for a space efficient studio layout because the building form and curves etc will not allow that to happen.

If you want to buy a more efficient layout, look for those more squarish and boxy design.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by dpristine View Post
    reminds me of Singapore Flyer.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

most people still like regular shaped units ... regardless of the building design ... whether small or large units ... there shouldn't be too much wastage of space ..

Are they slashing prices?

got a sms from a housing agent last night that said:-
    units with view affected by Parkview will be priced from $1,700.00 psf

units with unblocked view kampong Glam/Sea will be from $1,900.00 psf

penthouses around $2,500 psf.

its all still within the guidelines leh.

units with no view/pocket view between parkview and duo commercial:

2+study stack 11 is 1184 sq ft at 1700psf = 2m. guideline was FROM 1.85m. expect this stack to have units < 1700psf.

2 bedders stack 14 is 980 and 969 sq ft at 1700psf for 980 sq ft = 1.666m, within the FROM 1.6m guideline. likewise for stack 10 which is 1012/1023 sq ft.

1 bedder stack 12 is 710 sq ft, at 1700psf = 1.2m, well above the FROM 1.1m guide price.

won't slash, not cheap, will sell some on the hype but not sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by riverfish View Post
    Are they slashing prices?

got a sms from a housing agent last night that said:-
    units with view affected by Parkview will be priced from $1,700.00 psf

units with unblocked view kampong Glam/Sea will be from $1,900.00 psf

penthouses around $2,500 psf.