Thread: New in property mkt

Default New in property mkt

Has been browsing the site for a while, learnt a lot from the people here and finally join up the forum, hope to seek some advices.

I had purchased a 3 bedded PC recently, before the latest CM, am staying in a 4rm HDB now and paid fully. I'm over 40 and has 2 kids, I have loan 70% from $900k for 35yrs, me and wife combined income $8k, knowing our cpf not enough to pay the installment monthly and has to top up by cash thru one of our house rental, am i scratching myself?

We thou of renting out 4rm HDB but too troublesome for my kids to change school, so may consider to rent out PC for 2 yrs, does it works?

Upon 2016 TOP, not sure how the economy will be, should i refinance if the rate goes up? If so I can only loan less than 20 yrs, then the monthly will be high.

If right now we have spare cash, should we save up for raining day? OR pay up a sum during refinance to shorten the loan? OR invest but no idea what to?

Thanks all.

no one can tell u how the future going to be....

ha ha... I think you are indeed 'scratching' yourself lol

'stretching' to the max I would say
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    ha ha... I think you are indeed 'scratching' yourself lol
    sorry should be stretching

Quote Originally Posted by DMCK
    Has been browsing the site for a while, learnt a lot from the people here and finally join up the forum, hope to seek some advices.

I had purchased a 3 bedded PC recently, before the latest CM, am staying in a 4rm HDB now and paid fully. I'm over 40 and has 2 kids, I have loan 70% from $900k for 35yrs, me and wife combined income $8k, knowing our cpf not enough to pay the installment monthly and has to top up by cash thru one of our house rental, am i scratching myself?

We thou of renting out 4rm HDB but too troublesome for my kids to change school, so may consider to rent out PC for 2 yrs, does it works?

Upon 2016 TOP, not sure how the economy will be, should i refinance if the rate goes up? If so I can only loan less than 20 yrs, then the monthly will be high.

If right now we have spare cash, should we save up for raining day? OR pay up a sum during refinance to shorten the loan? OR invest but no idea what to?

Thanks all.
    no worries, worst case , just sell off one.

Your fully paid HDB will always be your safety net.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Thanks all.
    Scratch head..

Well i feel you that since you're doing ok now and the new PC is still under BUC, your monthly installments should still be manageable at this point in time. I always believe in everyone's lifetime, we could never find a cheaper loan than a housing loan. You shouldn't rush to repay your loan since interest rates are so low now. You could use the spare cash to bring in more passive income with other investment vehicles.

Why must you change school just because you move? I know of many ppl travelling from the east to the west vice versa for school everyday.

It is safer that you have a cash reserve of at least 2 years of household income (about $200k) before committing to another next property.

Thanks all.

Since your name is sooooo similar to mine, I feel compelled to reply to you.

Keep the condo, rent out.

Some kind hearted expats or locals will help you pay the instalments until u decide to sell.

Hold more cash, like what someone said earlier.

Remember the Golden Rule of bank loans :

Money is easy to repay but hard to loan!

This is the Golden Rule which gahmen is attacking investors now! They saw this Golden Rule and came in to crash it! Haha!

Normallly, people borrow to the max even if they got the money, then slowly pay the bank back if they decide to later.

Ok ... thats all Office Boy can offer you at 12.35am ...

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

Some kind hearted expats or locals will help you pay the instalments until u decide to sell.

This is the Golden Rule which gahmen is attacking investors now! They saw this Golden Rule and came in to crash it! Haha!

Normallly, people borrow to the max even if they got the money, then slowly pay the bank back if they decide to later.

DKSG
    The wisest Office Boy i ever encounter!

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Scratch head..

Well i feel you that since you're doing ok now and the new PC is still under BUC, your monthly installments should still be manageable at this point in time. I always believe in everyone's lifetime, we could never find a cheaper loan than a housing loan. You shouldn't rush to repay your loan since interest rates are so low now. You could use the spare cash to bring in more passive income with other investment vehicles.

Why must you change school just because you move? I know of many ppl travelling from the east to the west vice versa for school everyday.
    not longer driving, not so ideal for school bus from east to west...

DKSG
    thanks for your reply.

Hi all,

According to the Short-term-apartment(SLA), London rental market is experience a huge surge in the availability of new-build Short-term and Apartments.

Hi all,

According to the Short-term-apartment(SLA), London rental market is experience a huge surge in the availability of new-build Short-term and Apartments.

DKSG
    dam, i m feeling the pain now

i made a mistake that i should have taken 80% loan instead of 70% cos am afraid of the high monthly installment after TOP...

Thanks all.

On your first question:

Is it 900k loan or 70% of 900k loan? anyway, I think you are quite brave to buy a PC with 8k combined income unless you have hoard of gold hidden somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by RCR
    On your first question:

Is it 900k loan or 70% of 900k loan? anyway, I think you are quite brave to buy a PC with 8k combined income unless you have hoard of gold hidden somewhere
    630k loan for 35 yrs