Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc Mondrian

Mondrianer Guest

Default Parc Mondrian

A development by Bukit Sembawang that stands for sheer relaxation. With architecture that inspires (based on the work of the late Dutch artist, Pieter Cornelis [Piet] Mondrian), wonderful facilities that revive and delight, and a quiet neighbourhood with a countryside setting, Parc Mondrian trully epitomizes the art of relaxed living.

Nestled in one if the greenest parts of Upper Serangoon Road, Parc Mondrian enjoys close proximity to good schools such as St Andrew's Junior, St. Andrew's Secondary, St. Andrews Junior College, Cedar Primary, Cedar Girls' Secondary and Maris Stella High. Nearby great shopping and dining conveniences are plentiful. The CTE / PIE, as well as the Potong Pasir and Woodleigh MRT stations are just minutes' walks away, allowing you quick and easy access to the city and CBD.

Comprising of 2, 3, 3+study and 4 bedroom penthouses and with only 100 apartments, Parc Mondrian is exquisitely planned for those who recognize its signature distinctiveness. It is where you can pamper and relax yourself with our range of facilities such as lap pool with infinity edge, Jacuzzi, children's pool, children's playground, BBQ pit, fragrance garden, timber deck, foot reflexology, footpath, water feature, fitness station, gymnasium and function room.

Project Information Development Name : Parc Mondrian
    Type of Development : 17-storey apartments with facilities
    Tenure : Freehold
    No. of Units : 100
    Unit Type : 2 / 3 / 3 + study / 4 bedroom Penthouses
    Floor Area (sq ft) : 904 - 2,519 sq ft
    Developer : Bukit Sembawang View Pte Ltd
    Developer's Licence No. : C0092
    Expected TOP Date : 31 March 2011
    Expected Date of Legal Completion : 31 March 2014
    Lot/MK No. : 5313M & 9645K MK 17 at Woodleigh Close
    Building Plan No. : A0814-00002-2005-BP01,A0814-00002-2005-BP02, A0814-00002-2005-BP03
    Location Map :

Site Plan :

Last edited by Mondrianer; 09-06-07 at 16:54.

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Re: Parc Mondrian

Alamak. This property sold out so fast even before I could go take a look! I remember reading an article in the Business Times after it sold 90% in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I delayed and missed out.

Does anyone know why it sold faster than neighboring Blossoms as well as One Leicester, a little further south? I normally associate the developer with semi-detached and clustered housing developments, but I guess that didn't really matter for Parc Mondrian buyers.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Parc Mondrian

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Alamak. This property sold out so fast even before I could go take a look! I remember reading an article in the Business Times after it sold 90% in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I delayed and missed out.

Does anyone know why it sold faster than neighboring Blossoms as well as One Leicester, a little further south? I normally associate the developer with semi-detached and clustered housing developments, but I guess that didn't really matter for Parc Mondrian buyers.
    The launch price was around $600-$700psf which OL and Blossom was also selling for their last few units.

However, you must have a car if buying Parc Mondrian....it's quite far from the main road and is an upslope.

Unregistered Guest

Exclamation Re: Parc Mondrian

The launch price was around $600-$700psf which OL and Blossom was also selling for their last few units.

However, you must have a car if buying Parc Mondrian....it's quite far from the main road and is an upslope.
    My neighbor bought a unit in Parc Mondrian and it's simply not true about having a car. We walked the distance from the site to Potong Pasir MRT and its under 10 minutes. We also walked the distance from the site to the Woodleigh MRT and its under (or about) 4 minutes.

In any case, if the Parc Mondrian folks need a car, then certainly the Bloosoms people also need a car because both developments are essentially equi-distant from the main road.

Incidentally, I checked out both showflats and personally agreed with my colleague's choice (even though Parc Mondrian sits on a smaller site and doesn't have a tennis court). The place looks much better and more beautiful and, with only 100 units, more exclusive. Anyway, that's my two cents from someone who doesn't even plan to live there.

Unregistered Guest

My neighbor bought a unit in Parc Mondrian and it's simply not true about having a car. We walked the distance from the site to Potong Pasir MRT and its under 10 minutes. We also walked the distance from the site to the Woodleigh MRT and its under (or about) 4 minutes.

In any case, if the Parc Mondrian folks need a car, then certainly the Bloosoms people also need a car because both developments are essentially equi-distant from the main road.

Incidentally, I checked out both showflats and personally agreed with my colleague's choice (even though Parc Mondrian sits on a smaller site and doesn't have a tennis court). The place looks much better and more beautiful and, with only 100 units, more exclusive. Anyway, that's my two cents from someone who doesn't even plan to live there.
    For the older ppl, like my parents, walking from Potong Pasir or future Woodleigh station to Parc Mondrian or Blossoms is not an easy task for them.

That's the reason why I bought OL. But I have to agree Parc Mondrian has quality and is exclusive, just not so convenient for older ppl.

Unregistered Guest

I just a posting at the Blossoms@Woodleigh thread that they too have sold out. Phew! Now, at least the entire Woodleigh close is sold out for now. Let's just hope that the government discloses some more information about the planned development of Bidadari as well as when the Woodleigh MRT will open for business. I really believe that good things are in store for the greater area stretching all the way from One Leicester all the way to Braddel/Bartley Roads. Any thoughts?

Unregistered Guest

I just a posting at the Blossoms@Woodleigh thread that they too have sold out. Phew! Now, at least the entire Woodleigh close is sold out for now. Let's just hope that the government discloses some more information about the planned development of Bidadari as well as when the Woodleigh MRT will open for business. I really believe that good things are in store for the greater area stretching all the way from One Leicester all the way to Braddel/Bartley Roads. Any thoughts?
    I wonder whether the government is going to open up the Bidadari site before places like Pungol fill up. You guys might be in for a loooong wait before the Woodleigh MRT's opened. I wish you well though.

Unregistered Guest

I wonder whether the government is going to open up the Bidadari site before places like Pungol fill up. You guys might be in for a loooong wait before the Woodleigh MRT's opened. I wish you well though.
    Well, the good thing about the Woodleigh MRT is that it is actually there, as opposed to being a plan or being built. Eventually--and I think in about 3 years, its gates will be flung open. That area is set for good things. I just wish I'd bought something. In any case, there's still lots of land around where the current Salvation Army store is. Likewise, the huge empty field in between the Salvation Army store and Blossoms won't always be a field. Same thing goes for the plot where the Blossoms show-flat was. Hopefully, whenever these placees come on board, they are still affordable. Let's wait.

joe Guest

Woodleigh MRT being operational is simply a matter of time. Like what the previous poster said, it's actually already there and not like it doesn't exist.

About Parc Mondrian, nice development. As it is a Bukit Sembawang development, I have full faith in their attention to detail and when you consider their experience in building/developing high end homes, you can be sure Parc Mondrian will not disappoint. Not vested.

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: Parc Mondrian

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Woodleigh MRT being operational is simply a matter of time. Like what the previous poster said, it's actually already there and not like it doesn't exist.

About Parc Mondrian, nice development. As it is a Bukit Sembawang development, I have full faith in their attention to detail and when you consider their experience in building/developing high end homes, you can be sure Parc Mondrian will not disappoint. Not vested.
    The only problem with Parc Mondrain is it has 2 visitor parking lots. Everything else is excellent.

Unregistered Guest

Passed by Parc Mondrian this past weekend. There's a deep whole in the ground already and the cranes were hard at work. Looks like the foundation is well under way. Can't wait.

Unregistered Guest

It seems like a promising area.

newbie08 Guest

though markets seem a little quiet these days, I think the area has got very good potential. and with the upcoming land sale next to Parc Mondrian and Blossoms slotted for April, things are looking up. there seems to be much interest in the area and it is not easy to get one at a lower price. waiting for a chance.

rho Guest

Yeah.. seems like the asking price for blossoms is still not realistic.

newbie08 Guest

Hmmm, I think with the positive news that just came out on home purchase, prices will still hold. There seems to be a lot going for Singapore at the moment and the multiplier effect from the IRs, sport hub, YOG and the massive infrastructure and construction spending that the government is doing, the markets should hold. I think the property market is still comfortable with the current levels and there will be little correction downwards, if any. Perhaps it will even move upwards?

rho Guest

Sometimes I just wonder the reliability of these media.

ChannelNews Asia say:

Private home sales leapt 80% in March from February

The Business Times:
    Private home sales tumble, prices Weaken

????

newbie08 Guest

Hahaha! I suppose the news do some time provide confusing signals. But for now I think the volumes are not as high, however the prices are still holding well. The luxury market has certainly seen some softening but the mass market is still holding up well and perhaps will even see some upside. Was in the vicinity recently and I drove up Woodleigh Close to take a look and work on Parc Mondrian certainly is looking good. I like their logo designs, looks cool and classy. Also peeped inside Blossoms, the development certainly looks very crowded and the colour scheme of the entrance was quite dated.

Market Police Guest

Cool Re: Parc Mondrian

Market Police discourage negative comments about neighbour condo in own backyards.

Market Police has reserved comments about P. Mondrian but has refrained from passing these in the interest of P Mondrian owners and to continue the peace and transquility of Woodleigh community.

Market Police has gone back to patrol.

Mondrianer Guest

A colleague of mine chanced upon Woodleigh Close the other day when she visited a friend of mine at Blossoms. She really liked Blossoms for the most part, but more importantly, liked the general feel of the area. It's green, accessible, and actually quite classy.

Given the developer behind Parc Mondrian, I told her that I trully believe that this is going to be a really worthy home/investment (given many obvious factors).

In fact, I think there will be some sort of competition for the 'most beautiful' condo between Blossoms, Parc Mondrian, and whatever will sit on the 99-leasehold site recently launched by URA right next to Blossoms.

This morning my colleague informed me that she's going watching this area carefully and that she will definitely buy into it soon...

Mondrianer Guest

Default Centerpoint Aquiring Woodleigh Site is Good News

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...356113/1/.html

Frasers Centrepoint Trust puts in top bid of S$88m for Woodleigh site

By Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 24 June 2008 2042 hrs

SINGAPORE: Frasers Centrepoint Trust has put in the top bid of nearly S$88 million for a residential site at Woodleigh Close. The price works out to S$270 per square foot per plot ratio.

The next highest bid came from Hoi Hup Realty at about S$83 million. The lowest at S$74 million was put in by Sim Lian Land.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority received six bids in total when the tender closed on Tuesday.

The site at Woodleigh Close was launched for public tender on April 29.

The 99-year leasehold parcel spans nearly 10,800 square metres, with a maximum gross floor area of some 30,200 square metres.

Property consultants CB Richard Ellis says based on the top bid of S$270 per square foot plot ratio, the estimated breakeven cost of the new project is around S$650 to S$700 per square foot.

It expects the units to be sold between S$800 and S$850 per square foot. - CNA/ac

Anyone bought a unit at Parc Mondrian here? I just bought an unit last week! We will be neighbours! I like that neighbourhood.... very tranquil and on the fringe of town.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Anyone bought a unit at Parc Mondrian here? I just bought an unit last week! We will be neighbours! I like that neighbourhood.... very tranquil and on the fringe of town.
    Can share your purchase price? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alibaba123
    Can share your purchase price? Thanks.
    We have yet to exercise the option, so will not share the price (yet). It's very close to the developer's launch price...

Alibaba, u bought a unit there too?

We have yet to exercise the option, so will not share the price (yet). It's very close to the developer's launch price...

Alibaba, u bought a unit there too?
    Not yet, but will be interested if the price is right. I like the location too. Close to developer's launch price.....hmmm...isn't the launch price around 650 psf??

Unhappy

Hi alibaba,

Yup, the launch price is $650-$700 psf, depending on the unit and the facing. But if you are looking for a unit in PM, would be kinda tough to find one that is close to the launch price cos most of the sellers are on the deferred payment option, which means they won't have to cough up the cash till TOP (which is around Q1 2010). Most sellers are waiting for Centrepoint Properties to launch the 99 years site next to Blossoms, and see if PM price can rise.

But then again, there may always be sellers who own multiple properties and in urgent need of cash, so you'll never know. And good luck in your search and hope to have you as a neighbour!

By the way, I noticed that the trees in the Woodleigh area are very tall, and PM is in a lower land plot as compared to Blossoms. Anyone knows if how high are the trees as compared to the floor level? We have not exercised the option cos we aren't sure if our unit (above 7 floors but below 12) will be looking at the trees and therefore have view blockage.

Unregistered345 Guest

Hi alibaba,

Yup, the launch price is $650-$700 psf, depending on the unit and the facing. But if you are looking for a unit in PM, would be kinda tough to find one that is close to the launch price cos most of the sellers are on the deferred payment option, which means they won't have to cough up the cash till TOP (which is around Q1 2010). Most sellers are waiting for Centrepoint Properties to launch the 99 years site next to Blossoms, and see if PM price can rise.

But then again, there may always be sellers who own multiple properties and in urgent need of cash, so you'll never know. And good luck in your search and hope to have you as a neighbour!

By the way, I noticed that the trees in the Woodleigh area are very tall, and PM is in a lower land plot as compared to Blossoms. Anyone knows if how high are the trees as compared to the floor level? We have not exercised the option cos we aren't sure if our unit (above 7 floors but below 12) will be looking at the trees and therefore have view blockage.
    in today's market, 650 psf is cheap especially if it is a freehold property. is PM freehold?

ATK Guest

Smile Please keep good things for ourselves

Hi,

Is scary to see that this place getting the hype. I am been staying next to Parc Mondrian for more than 3 years now ( Since is 3 years, it is obviously not Blossom).

For those who have make a choice in Woodleigh, you must like the following to appreciate the place.
    -Fresh air. Believe it or not, go there late at night or early in the morning. You will not believe such places exist in the fringe of town.

-Walking/Running. Be it the stroll to Potong Pasir MRT for a 5 mins, or cross over to big park (Aka cemetery) and jog alongside with the Nepali police.

-Nature. There are squirrels, birds and the occasional iguana, i also need to mention there is a 3ft hornbill flying around. Yes, the probably 30ft trees along the road are those that bear the little red love seedlings.

-Serenity. We are not talking about property advertisment here, it is really quiet at night, so much so that i have to get used to lowering my voice when chating over dinner.

-Traffic. As in anywhere in Singapore, peak hour is hell along Bendemeer road, yes, is getting worse with the digging of the tunnel for the junction. Hope things will get better when is complete, in 4Q'2011!. No problem at other timing, 10~15 mins drive to cityhall. 5 mins to Mostafa for 24 hours groceries.

If you are one of those that like such lifestyle, keep it to ourselve though i know it is difficult with all the new development going on now. So if you are new moving in, leave the nature as it is while we still can. Afterall, we are not paying for Bukit Timah prices.

Market police Guest

Hi alibaba,

Don't worry about the treetops. The bird chirping can be quite therapeutic; the area is quiet.

Sounds like u have bought stack 03, 02 or 05 and PM is not your only condo.

Default Thanks for the info!

Hi ATK and Market Police,

Thanks for the great info on the Woodleigh area! They are very helpful!

I love the tranquil environment too. Very different from where I currently stay. For the whole month of June, I almost went berserk cos the Indian temple across the road (Meyappa Chettiar I think) will start chanting into the loudspeakers from 8pm - 10pm every night, together with the beating of the drums and the cymbals. My little toddler cannot even manage to sleep. Plus from 9am -6pm everyday, the condo construction site (Casa Meyer) right beside my place will do their piling. So you can only imagine. I was down with stomach flu and my toddler was sick too, and you can only imagine our misery in putting up with the piling work in the day and the chanting at night.

Well well, the piling finally ended this month, and so has the nightly chantings.... But the Indian temple has now switched to beating the drums from 6.15am - 6.45am everyday, and then St Andrew's family of school will take over with their morning bells and announcement through the PA system, which last all the way to 7.45am. Sometimes I really dunno which is worse. The constant traffic noise from CTE/PIE, or the Indian temple, construction at Casa Meyer AND St Andrew's put together....

Tranquility is a prized possession which we do not have (currently). Guess PM is good! treetops are good too! heheheee..

Looking forward to having u as neighbours!

737 Guest

saw both projects, think blossoms has more to offer than parc mondrian.. just curious, what prompted the choice of the latter instead..