Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Parc Mondrian

Pictures taken yesterday, can't see much changes from my pictures as too late to take from Woodleigh Close.

Fence up along Upp Serangoon Rd for the construction of SAIS already. Signboard indicates SAIS expected date of completion : Aug 2012.

Still here, checking this forum only occasionally due to upcoming wedding stress.. haha

We were hoping PM will TOP before our wedding but looks like it's not possible!
    we received a letter saying TOP is expected to be end 3rd quarter ..

thanks for the detailed photos jchong!

Congratulations! at least we know you are still here.

N2M, one more owner added to the list at PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolkom
    Still here, checking this forum only occasionally due to upcoming wedding stress.. haha

We were hoping PM will TOP before our wedding but looks like it's not possible!
    we received a letter saying TOP is expected to be end 3rd quarter ..

thanks for the detailed photos jchong!

Quote Originally Posted by jchong
    Congratulations! at least we know you are still here.

N2M, one more owner added to the list at PM.
    Oh cool! Here goes the list.... 6% of all units at PM.

1. Jchong
    2. Deux
    3. Edward.neota?
    4. Hamster67
    5. new2mondrian
    6. wolkom

Wolkom, congrats on your wedding!

congrats on your wedding wolkom!

I got married last November and back then I was hoping that PM would be ready before my wedding haha, so you have a better chance than I did.

although now that I've waited so long for PM to be ready, I hope they take their time with the finishing touches and not rush it for 1 July!

I hope they plant more trees/plants in the development, will complement our nice green surroundings

oh, does anyone have any news on the backdoor to woodleigh park btw? it's a pretty good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Deux
    congrats on your wedding wolkom!

I got married last November and back then I was hoping that PM would be ready before my wedding haha, so you have a better chance than I did.

although now that I've waited so long for PM to be ready, I hope they take their time with the finishing touches and not rush it for 1 July!

I hope they plant more trees/plants in the development, will complement our nice green surroundings

oh, does anyone have any news on the backdoor to woodleigh park btw? it's a pretty good idea...
    Backdoor to woodleigh park (as in punch a road through the Waterworks compound & link towards the north direction) ?

Not sure if the Waterworks compound is there for long term? Anyone knows

I had that in my dream including having a tunnel linking to Toa Payoh Lor8... some aggressive wishing thinking i guess

Pictures taken few hours ago. Understand that Eng Lim will hand over PM to developer in Aug so I think TOP will be 3Q10, 1 Jul not possible.

Deux, there is not much left except facilities and railings at balconies/planters, it doesn't look like they are not rushing at all since the TOP is still 3Q.

Aren't there plenty of trees already?? Some even grow on the pavements!! on the way from main road to PM.

Do you mean backdoor to P Pasir or Woodleigh Park? To PP, maybe there is still a chance. Woodleigh Park, didn't hear of anything, but a good idea indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by jchong
    Pictures taken few hours ago. Understand that Eng Lim will hand over PM to developer in Aug so I think TOP will be 3Q10, 1 Jul not possible.

Deux, there is not much left except facilities and railings at balconies/planters, it doesn't look like they are not rushing at all since the TOP is still 3Q.

Aren't there plenty of trees already?? Some even grow on the pavements!! on the way from main road to PM.

Do you mean backdoor to P Pasir or Woodleigh Park? To PP, maybe there is still a chance. Woodleigh Park, didn't hear of anything, but a good idea indeed!
    The WaterWorks site is classified as Reserve site... shouldn't it be classified as Utility site in the 2008 Masterplan

Ya, don't know how URA do their classification. The bus depot at Braddell is classified as Utility in the Mplan.

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    The WaterWorks site is classified as Reserve site... shouldn't it be classified as Utility site in the 2008 Masterplan

Maybe the waterworks could potentially move one day?

Actually almost the whole Woodleigh/Bidadari area is on Govt reserve site subject to detailed planning. Even the landed housing in Woodleigh Park are on Govt lease and therefore can be easily redeveloped.

And thanks for the nice pics!

By the way, is scsc vested at PM too?

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Maybe the waterworks could potentially move one day?

Actually almost the whole Woodleigh/Bidadari area is on Govt reserve site subject to detailed planning. Even the landed housing in Woodleigh Park are on Govt lease and therefore can be easily redeveloped.

And thanks for the nice pics!

By the way, is scsc vested at PM too?
    future neighbours... hehe...

i know this area for a long long time... juz after PP choose CST.. though I'm not staying in PP currently.

Fate brings me back to Woodleigh... so to speak

Thanks for the photos jchong!

I hope the landed housing doesn't move!! We have a nice view of Bidadari now because of the low lying landed housing in front of us...

Quote Originally Posted by Deux
    I hope the landed housing doesn't move!! We have a nice view of Bidadari now because of the low lying landed housing in front of us...
    no no no.... you've got me wrong. I don't mean the landed housing along Wan Tho/Pheng Geck area (aka Senett Estate). Those are freehold landed housing areas that have a maximum building height of 2 storeys (excluding attic) which PM is facing. The immediate staff housing for PUB in front of Parc Mondrian lies on a plot of land that is rather odd-shaped and narrow, interspersed with designated Heritage Trees (which cannot be chopped down) by the NParks which makes any construction difficult. So I think PM's view should be quite safe.

What I am referring to is all the colonial black and white bungalows (on Govt lease) behind the Woodleigh Waterworks/Euro Asia Park area, a stretch commonly known as Woodleigh Park. That is a sizeable plot of land (approx half of Bidadari size) that stretches all the way to Braddell Road. Currently it is zoned as "Subject to Detailed Planning", similar to Biddadari. This is excluding the Waterworks area, which is not small in itself and strangely classified as "Reserve land" under URA Masterplan 2008.

The immediate staff housing for PUB in front of Parc Mondrian lies on a plot of land that is rather odd-shaped and narrow, interspersed with designated Heritage Trees (which cannot be chopped down) by the NParks which makes any construction difficult. So I think PM's view should be quite safe.
    That is very good to know!!

Ok I know which colonial bungalows you are talking about, and yes, there is great potential for redevelopment of that area!

Hi guys,

Do you guys have already the detailed floor plan (with dimensions) of your PM unit? If not, when will we get it?

Quote Originally Posted by kianhwee
    Hi guys,

Do you guys have already the detailed floor plan (with dimensions) of your PM unit? If not, when will we get it?
    I haven't received it yet, don't know about the rest...but yes, it will be very helpful to have it now, since the GSS is going on!

Default Green Mark certified

Found the following environmental-friendly features about Parc Mondrian at BCA site:
    Parc Mondrian Award: Green Mark Certified
    Address: 21 Woodleigh Close Postal Code: 357916 District: District 13 Developer: Bukit Sembawang Estates Ltd Architect: P&T Consultants Pte Ltd Structural Engineer: Engineering 2000 M&E Engineer: United Project Consultants Pte Ltd Landscape Consultant: Sitetectonix Pte Ltd Quality Surveyor: JIA Quantity Surveyors & Project Managers Pte Ltd Main Contractor: Eng Lim Construction Co Pte Ltd Project Description Parc Mondrian is block of 17 storey Residential Flat Building with basement carpark, Swimming pool & Communal Facilities located at 21 Woodleigh Close, Parc Mondrian Singapore 357916.
    Green Features: * Building designed for good ventaliation. * Energy efficiency lighting to common area. * Energy efficiency air-conditioners (4 ticks)

Quote Originally Posted by kianhwee
    Hi guys,

Okies, first I update the list of users who are vested at Parc Mondrian. Guess we will be seeing each other around Woodleigh area soon...

1. Jchong
    2. Deux
    3. Edward.neota?
    4. Hamster67
    5. new2mondrian
    6. wolkom
    7. scsc
    8. kianhwee

Hi kianhwee,

To your questions, I called up Sembawang to ask. You guys can call Jenny Liew (DID: 68900319) to enquire on all PM related matters.

1) The detailed floor plan will be released only upon TOP, upon collection of keys. It is not possible for Bt Sembawang to even release any indicative/draft detailed floor plan currently; they require the surveyor to formally sign off on the dimensions taken for each unit, and this only happens just prior to TOP.

2) Bt Sembawang confirms that the expected TOP date for PM is END Qtr 3. Hence, to set expectations right, we should be looking at collection of keys somewhere during the last week(s) of Sept 2010.

Hi kianhwee,

To your questions, I called up Sembawang to ask. You guys can call Jenny Liew (DID: 68900319) to enquire on all PM related matters.

1) The detailed floor plan will be released only upon TOP, upon collection of keys. It is not possible for Bt Sembawang to even release any indicative/draft detailed floor plan currently; they require the surveyor to formally sign off on the dimensions taken for each unit, and this only happens just prior to TOP.

2) Bt Sembawang confirms that the expected TOP date for PM is END Qtr 3. Hence, to set expectations right, we should be looking at collection of keys somewhere during the last week(s) of Sept 2010.
    Thanks new2mondrian! Really appreciate your initiative to contact Bt Sembawang.

Cheers!

Smile

Okies, first I update the list of users who are vested at Parc Mondrian. Guess we will be seeing each other around Woodleigh area soon...

1. Jchong
    2. Deux
    3. Edward.neota?
    4. Hamster67
    5. new2mondrian
    6. wolkom
    7. scsc
    8. kianhwee

Hi kianhwee,

I guess it may be deliberately planned to avoid the Chinese Seventh Month...

Which is good as it is supposed to be not a good time for renovating and moving in, believe it or not. The last day of the seventh month is 7 Sep.

1. Jchong
    2. Deux
    3. Edward.neota?
    4. Hamster67
    5. new2mondrian
    6. wolkom
    7. scsc
    8. kianhwee

Hi kianhwee,

urh... me not vested in PM... but the neighbouring project under construction... paise if u mis-read..
    Still neighbours

Some updated pictures, almost there!

I've got this video clip taken on 4th july 10.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3HVQBDkFak

Thanks for taking PM as well, nice job!

back from wedding and honeymoon.. looking forward to moving into PM .. hopefully end of the year?

currently researching on ID and reno stuff.. not sure how much we'll need to renovate though
    how about u guys, have u all started or waiting for TOP 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by wolkom
    back from wedding and honeymoon.. looking forward to moving into PM .. hopefully end of the year?

currently researching on ID and reno stuff.. not sure how much we'll need to renovate though
    how about u guys, have u all started or waiting for TOP 1st?
    Good luck on your ID and reno stuff.
    Once they hear it's a condo, everything costs double of what it takes for a HDB. even when materials are the same.

HDB a complete reno (very nice luxurious feel) with retiling and hacking costs around $45k. But a condo, at $45K without retiling or hacking, they tell you is really just the basic ('coz standard condo promo package $20k only covers living rm and masterbedrm). Ify ou include the other 2-3bedrooms, $45k is just nice to cover basic (not luxurious feel).

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Good luck on your ID and reno stuff.
    Once they hear it's a condo, everything costs double of what it takes for a HDB. even when materials are the same.

HDB a complete reno (very nice luxurious feel) with retiling and hacking costs around $45k. But a condo, at $45K without retiling or hacking, they tell you is really just the basic ('coz standard condo promo package $20k only covers living rm and masterbedrm). Ify ou include the other 2-3bedrooms, $45k is just nice to cover basic (not luxurious feel).
    wow... hmm.. guess have to DIY or reno in stages to cut cost
    me a newbie in reno for condo.. anyone care to list down basic stuff to fix?

wow... hmm.. guess have to DIY or reno in stages to cut cost
    me a newbie in reno for condo.. anyone care to list down basic stuff to fix?
    Or get a contractor to do the job if you really know what you want and good at colour co-ordination. They are cheaper since IDs usually marked up for their "design" capability and outsource a lot of work to contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Or get a contractor to do the job if you really know what you want and good at colour co-ordination. They are cheaper since IDs usually marked up for their "design" capability and outsource a lot of work to contractors.
    yes can save by half...but time consuming...goto be there to jaga