Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Parc Mondrian

everyone say maintenance is high. wonder how much is it..

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    everyone say maintenance is high. wonder how much is it..
    if its below $400 for 3bedder....den quite norm....but 2-3yrs later add $50-100 sinking fund ....den hit $500...hehe

It is $70 per share value. 3bedder has share value of 7 ( /685). Work out the math...

Does anyone know who we can write to to request for a breakdown/justification of the fees? $490 per month is exhorbitant considering the facilities of the development.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo
    It is $70 per share value. 3bedder has share value of 7 ( /685). Work out the math...

Thought the fees should had been reflected in the S&P?

Quote Originally Posted by Deux
    Does anyone know who we can write to to request for a breakdown/justification of the fees? $490 per month is exhorbitant considering the facilities of the development.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo
    is there a difference between the maint fees for the larger 3-bedders (1,658 sq ft) and the 'normal' ones (1,399 sq ft)?

The share value is reflected in the S&P, not the maintenance amount per share value..

Quote Originally Posted by sleek

I can't wait to receive my keys! I bought a unit in stack 3 but I heard keys for units in stacks 1 and 3 have not been given out yet

Can someone please PM me to let me know what the maintenance fee is?

Thanks!
    I've seen reno started in stack 1 (lighting fixed up already) and 4, not so sure about stack 3.

Default maintenance fee

hi i called the Managing Agent - -Property Facilities Services pte ltd (PSF) to ask for a breakdown on the maintenance fees. Seems the most expensive and extravagent item is the security guards : there are 2 on duty in the day and 2 at nite! so total 4 - costing 10k already per month. And there are other costs like PUB (another 10k) and ladscaping, management fees, swimming pool etc... so total expenditure amounting to 50-60k a month!!! He says they already sourced for best/lowest price for each item.

And the proposed fee structure were approved by bukit sembawang and then approved by Building and Construction Authority (BCA). The breakdown of shares per unit is determined by BCA, not PSF. (i.e. min 6 shares for 2bedder, max 8 shares for the 2nd floor with patio type / total 685 shares)

Suggested for us to wait for 1y later during AGM (after strata title deed is obtained) to request for lower maintenance fees by either 1) reducing the total maintenance cost (eg reduce number of security guards or cut other expenses that are not necessary) or 2) all owners to contribute a sinking fund ($10 per share) and reduce the monthly fee - this is typically what older condos do to pay less monthly maintenanc fees.

any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by superchingui
    hi i called the Managing Agent - -Property Facilities Services pte ltd (PSF) to ask for a breakdown on the maintenance fees. Seems the most expensive and extravagent item is the security guards : there are 2 on duty in the day and 2 at nite! so total 4 - costing 10k already per month. And there are other costs like PUB (another 10k) and ladscaping, management fees, swimming pool etc... so total expenditure amounting to 50-60k a month!!! He says they already sourced for best/lowest price for each item.

And the proposed fee structure were approved by bukit sembawang and then approved by Building and Construction Authority (BCA). The breakdown of shares per unit is determined by BCA, not PSF. (i.e. min 6 shares for 2bedder, max 8 shares for the 2nd floor with patio type / total 685 shares)

Suggested for us to wait for 1y later during AGM (after strata title deed is obtained) to request for lower maintenance fees by either 1) reducing the total maintenance cost (eg reduce number of security guards or cut other expenses that are not necessary) or 2) all owners to contribute a sinking fund ($10 per share) and reduce the monthly fee - this is typically what older condos do to pay less monthly maintenanc fees.

any thoughts?
    one gd example is The Beacon....i heard after 1yr later, they manage to reduce their maint fee....so for now, u only can LPPL....well, gd luck bro

after 2-3yrs, expect to see an increase of 50-100 buck sinking fund poportion

but nothing beats ur cap appreciation lor...only 100units to share the facilities....no choice lor...the security guards there gd life lor....so small compound to do their daily rounds....hehe

Not really.... 8@W also never indicate the cost per share in S&P. Only the number of shares is indicated. I hope ours will not have some exorbitant amount quoted when it TOP....

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by superchingui

any thoughts?
    feel a bit ripped off , guess the 3rd party maintenance company prob earn quite a fair bit from us.
    anyone knows how to go about it?
    i'm a greenhorn, first time buying condo.

Yup, you're right!

Btw, anyone can remember what was the quoted fee per share for 8@W?

Quote Originally Posted by 5577
    Not really.... 8@W also never indicate the cost per share in S&P. Only the number of shares is indicated. I hope ours will not have some exorbitant amount quoted when it TOP....

Yup, you're right!

Btw, anyone can remember what was the quoted fee per share for 8@W?
    i tink 320 for 3beder...urs compact one shd follow 2bedder..probably 280?

man, why do we need security guards?? we should just build a gate then we won't need security guards, like those small developments in telok kurau..

Yup, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

man, why do we need security guards?? we should just build a gate then we won't need security guards, like those small developments in telok kurau..
    if there is ground flr units...den secuirty guard is better to hf....if dun hf, den next AGM proposed no nid security guard...can potentially reduced ur fee by 40-50%

those were the prices I was quoted when I bought my PM unit too...

Actually quite shocking to see the maintenance fees quoted for a 3-bedder to be $490. Sorry I am here just to kaypoh. Sold off my unit last year.

The other properties I own dun charge as much honestly. The river valley 2+study costs $200 per month (50units, with gym, function room, swimming pool). The pasir panjang/south buona vista ones (55-100 units with 2 guards, gym, swimming pool, function room, fair bit of landscaping) costs below $350 for 3+study. Hence very surprised to see the $490. I was quote $180 per month for my studio at The Minton, not sure if this will remain so after TOP. Hopefully the 1163 units there will keep fees low.

Any photos of the interior? Nice? Congrats on getting the keys!

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Actually quite shocking to see the maintenance fees quoted for a 3-bedder to be $490. Sorry I am here just to kaypoh. Sold off my unit last year.

The other properties I own dun charge as much honestly. The river valley 2+study costs $200 per month (50units, with gym, function room, swimming pool). The pasir panjang/south buona vista ones (55-100 units with 2 guards, gym, swimming pool, function room, fair bit of landscaping) costs below $350 for 3+study. Hence very surprised to see the $490. I was quote $180 per month for my studio at The Minton, not sure if this will remain so after TOP. Hopefully the 1163 units there will keep fees low.

Any photos of the interior? Nice? Congrats on getting the keys!
    sad to hear u sold ur mondrian....i still tink its a nice cosy project to keep keep wor despite high fee......u goto change to a new nick liao? hehe

i suspect a lot of pple will get shocks when they see the maintenence fees in the years to come. especially for boutique projects.

sad to hear u sold ur mondrian....i still tink its a nice cosy project to keep keep wor despite high fee......u goto change to a new nick liao? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i suspect a lot of pple will get shocks when they see the maintenence fees in the years to come. especially for boutique projects.
    icic...boutique without security guards is ok...shd not exceed $400 even after sinking fund hikes

i tink parc mondrian is high due to 4 security guards for just 100units...10k pm leh..minus tat reduce fee by $100 each unit liao...

check they got hw many cleaners lor...usually 1 cleaner enuff liao for boutique apts less den 50units...this one probably nid 2 daily general cleaners....

If I remember correctly, agent was saying $40++ per share. My unit account for 6 shares. So I'm expecting it to be around the high side of $200 or $300.

Hopefully, the cost will not be ridiculously high like PM. In any case, we have 330 units to share out... Should not be too bad hor......

Looking on the bright side, I suppose most of us (the 1st hand buyers) bought PM at a good launch price, so assuming our maintenance cost is ~$200 higher than other developments, that's ~$10k for 4 years' stay, which we should be able to recover in a resale situation.

I think once more people move in, we should have a get-together session to figure out how to bring the costs down (e.g. less security guards and gardeners).

Looking on the bright side, I suppose most of us (the 1st hand buyers) bought PM at a good launch price, so assuming our maintenance cost is ~$200 higher than other developments, that's ~$10k for 4 years' stay, which we should be able to recover in a resale situation.

I think once more people move in, we should have a get-together session to figure out how to bring the costs down (e.g. less security guards and gardeners).
    a good way is to install more CCTV (doesnt cost alot nowadays)and no security guards

still haven't heard from our lawyers and the developer ..
    is this normal?

getting so worried ..

Quote Originally Posted by wolkom
    is this normal?

getting so worried ..
    call up ur lawyer and developer

don't worry wolkom, I haven't received keys yet either. They are giving out in batches, I heard stacks 1 and 4 have received keys but not the rest yet
    is this normal?

getting so worried ..

is this normal?

getting so worried ..
    Just got notice from my lawyer about the TOP which they received today. Needs to prepare payment ....sigh...needs to spend even before chinese new year.

Quote Originally Posted by mangorind
    Just got notice from my lawyer about the TOP which they received today. Needs to prepare payment ....sigh...needs to spend even before chinese new year.
    others cannot tahan the wait liao while u got it and not excited....lol