Thread: SG actor orders DNA test

Default SG actor orders DNA test

http://news.insing.com/tabloid/teren...st/id-a7623f00

Singapore TV actor Terence Cao is not getting an answer to what he wants to know – did he or did he not father a child with a woman from China?
    The 44-year-old has ordered a DNA test for the child of a 26-year-old woman, who flew to Singapore from Shanghai to confront him on the matter, but he has not been able to get her to do so.
    At a press conference on 22 October, Cao told reporters that he has been unable to contact the woman after they talked about the paternity test over the weekend.
    He said he has tried calling her on her Singapore mobile number and another number from China but to no avail, Xinmsn.com reported.
    The woman, who is known only by her family name Shi, has a 19-month-old daughter. She is claiming that she got pregnant after she and Cao had a one-night-stand in 2010. She also alleged that in July 2010, when she told him about the pregnancy, he asked her to abort the baby.
    Cao, who was named Best Supporting Actor at Channel 8’s annual Star Awards in 2011 for his role in the TV drama ‘The Best Things In Life’, said in a Chinese interview with Xinmsn: “I admit I know her. I am just as curious as everyone to know if what she said is true.”
    He said he had met her twice – once in China and once in Singapore – before last Friday’s incident when she showed up in Singapore looking for him. That Friday afternoon, Cao took her and her daughter to his lawyer’s office. “The main thing was for my lawyer to explain her rights to her,” the actor said. “We told her the whole procedure has to start with a DNA report.”
    Shi was not prepared to do the test for her daughter because she said she did not have “sufficient documentation” with her, such as the child’s birth certificate, Cao told TODAY newspaper in a video interview.
    Even though they scheduled another appointment for her on Saturday morning, Cao said she backed out. “I understand that she has left Singapore. How true (is that), I don’t know. We have not been able to get her. We cannot force her to do it. She mentioned that she would not believe the test result if it was done in Singapore, because it was arranged by me and my lawyer. She did not say if she would rather arrange to do one in China. But we told her we could do the test again if it was not satisfactory to her.”
    FULL RESPONSIBILITY
    Cao said in his video interview with TODAY that should a DNA test show that the child is his, he would have to give financial support to the child until she turns 21, and he would be “happy to take up that responsibility”. However, it is too premature to talk about that now.
    “The most urgent agenda for me is to find out whether the child is related to me… I am going to see what I can do to pursue that DNA appointment with her to clear matters. If it’s true, I would really like to take up full responsibility for the child.”
    Cao denied that he had told Shi to get an abortion two years ago.
    “I would never condone anyone to go for abortions, because I love children. If this child is mine, I will be responsible for her. I have never said it and never would.”
    He claimed that when he saw the girl, he did think that “she looked cute”.
    “Half of me was thinking, ‘Hey, this could be my child?’ There was a bit of an emotional moment there,” he said.
    When asked by reporters why he left S$2,000 at the front desk of her hotel, Cao said Shi told him she had run out of money and needed some to go back to China. “I told her a friend of mine could help her buy a ticket, but she wanted to buy it herself so my friend handed her the cash.”
    When asked about their alleged affair, Cao said in the Xinmsn interview: "Whether a one-night-stand happened or not, I will not describe in detail. I will only say that (it happened) during our second meeting (and) we were not mere acquaintances then."
    He added that when he knew Shi, he was already single, and their relationship was not related to a marriage he called off with his then-girlfriend in 2010.
    The actor, who was a Top 10 Most Popular Male Artiste nominee at Star Awards earlier this year, just finished filming Channel 8 drama ‘Break Free’ in Malaysia.

Check DNA back at her home land laggi cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    China CON woman. Ask to do DNA test dare not mean that she had many other man. May be she know the DNA test will prove otherwise and hence siam first. But why she come to s'pore to try try - she think the Cao guy is gong kia ..Singaporean gong chenghu .. after the Soo Chow and the wuxi fiasco ..

This CAO guy is not wise ... got chance to hold the cjild just get her/his little hair sample loh .. then proceed to conduct his own paternity test .. like that also don't know ... .
    Last edited by alamak; 28-10-12 at 12:44.

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    Ya lor. Suspicious part is why wait till her daughter 19 months then come and claim for Cao's responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    China CON woman. Ask to do DNA test dare not mean that she had many other man. May be she know the DNA test will prove otherwise and hence siam first. But why she come to s'pore to try try - she think the Cao guy is gong kia ..Singaporean gong chenghu .. after the Soo Chow and the wuxi fiasco ...
    They think that Singapore men are rich and naive, they can "chop carrot" huh.

The DNA test result may show that the little girl is not her daughter as well.

Luckily Cao is not "blinded", if not next time, might have more and more such cases happen.

for sure, she could not find a better fish than him

the daughter is 19mths. Pregnancy takes 9-10 mths. In total already more than 2 yrs.

The 1 night stand happened in 2010. So till now is still less than 2 yrs.
    How can the child is his?

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    the daughter is 19mths. Pregnancy takes 9-10 mths. In total already more than 2 yrs.

Wow, you are very observant about the time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    China CON woman. Ask to do DNA test dare not mean that she had many other man. May be she know the DNA test will prove otherwise and hence siam first. But why she come to s'pore to try try - she think the Cao guy is gong kia ..Singaporean gong chenghu .. after the Soo Chow and the wuxi fiasco ..

This CAO guy is not wise ... got chance to hold the cjild just get her/his little hair sample loh .. then proceed to conduct his own paternity test .. like that also don't know ... .
    u shd go read up abt the thread in HWZ regarding terrence cao....he is very "famous"....

Quote Originally Posted by PN

2010 Jan to now.. is around 34-35 months.. 28-29 months still within range.