Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cluster, LH or FH Landed

Default Cluster, LH or FH Landed

After seeing Cabana, it is quite difficult for me to understand the buyers' prospective.

Location: where birds don't lay eggs (sunrise close, need to drive quite keep inside)
    Size: about 3000sqft plus minus
    Tenure: LH99
    Type: Cluster, Strata
    Price: from 600+psf to now 900+psf (typical now about 3mil)
    ??: how did they manage to sell

Nearby, Haus@garden (LH) and Luxus Hill (FH) plus some more.

Heard this dev left a few units, can you imagine and appreciate the buyers' prospective? I'm trying...

Cos it's FEO marketing it mah, their hit rate is super high. If I am not mistaken this proj is FH land but selling as LH, so all the more add to yr mystery of why is it selling well!

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Cos it's FEO marketing it mah, their hit rate is super high. If I am not mistaken this proj is FH land but selling as LH, so all the more add to yr mystery of why is it selling well!
    I think they are really good....

With that kind of price, could have bought 2 cluster elsewhere whereby location and size can be better.
    And with that kind of price, there are many other choices of landed and even can consider town houses...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    I think they are really good....

With that kind of price, could have bought 2 cluster elsewhere whereby location and size can be better.
    And with that kind of price, there are many other choices of landed and even can consider town houses...
    Bro, paradigm shift. Lifestyle is the keyword now. Once a society has reached affluency, we are talking about lifestyle. Try telling those who bought 99yr sentosa bungalows.

Can u burn 100k per year on the depreciation of a Ferrari, if you cannot, don't try to understand because u won't understand.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, paradigm shift. Lifestyle is the keyword now. Once a society has reached affluency, we are talking about lifestyle. Try telling those who bought 99yr sentosa bungalows.

Can u burn 100k per year on the depreciation of a Ferrari, if you cannot, don't try to understand because u won't understand.

though poor fish like me cannot understand,... but i like wat you said...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    though poor fish like me cannot understand,... but i like wat you said...
    Bro, no sarcasm hor. During my younger days, I always wondered why people were driving a "house" along the road. I was thinking - wa lao, buy a house at least can make money rite? When I grew older, then I realized a lot of things:
    1. When you have money, the money continues to grow.
    2. Money make money.
    3. You have excess and start spending and 1k seems like $200.

By the time I realized all this, I feel like retiring already. Hahahaha

Oh, if you stay in landed, do you want it near the main road or right inside where it is secluded and exclusive?
    Lajia, the house is not far in if u drive. And honestly, if u buy landed, u want it in so it will be far from road noise.

Yup, bro....very good analysis.
    That's how Gen Y think now.
    Maybe the thinking of the generation before them is becoming outdated.

Tis one I have to disagree with chestnut. cabana has no "lifestyle" selling point. It is FEO trying to sell to those dreaming a "landed" house and yet not really quite wealthy enough to have landed in a better location or better quality. It's more like selling a bare bone BMW 318 (with manual AC control !) to someone who can tell everyone he has a BMW ("I live in landed")

And cabana not selling well lah. Has been selling since 2009 .

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Tis one I have to disagree with chestnut. cabana has no "lifestyle" selling point. It is FEO trying to sell to those dreaming a "landed" house and yet not really quite wealthy enough to have landed in a better location or better quality. It's more like selling a bare bone BMW 318 (with manual AC control !) to someone who can tell everyone he has a BMW ("I live in landed")

Cabana's selling point, FEO perspective...99LH on FH land.

Bro, BMW 316 in 1990s was the hottest selling car in bmw's fleet. Why? They were selling 'Lifestyle'. Lifestyle to you and mean could mean a 2 litre and above. Today, merc c180 and a4 signifies lifestyle.

Never been cabana, so cannot comment. But if want landed and facilities(lifestyle), u go cluster. If not you need at least a sme-d and above to fit a small pool.

U sounds very yaya... , I'm trying to learn each day...not sure if u have seen the project...but bro amk hit the button.

U sounds very yaya... , I'm trying to learn each day...not sure if u have seen the project...but AMK hit the button.
    Bro, I not yaya. I sharing how people think. I was never born rich, so how to be yaya. I also don't own landed nor Ferrari. The problem w typing is there is a misunderstanding on the tone. It always gives the image of loud and fierce.

If I piss u off, let me know. Very most I don't respond to u, then we both happy rite. I don't need another enemy in cyber space. Hahaha

Bro, I not yaya. I sharing how people think. I was never born rich, so how to be yaya. I also don't own landed nor Ferrari. The problem w typing is there is a misunderstanding on the tone. It always gives the image of loud and fierce.

If I piss u off, let me know. Very most I don't respond to u, then we both happy rite. I don't need another enemy in cyber space. Hahaha

No offense bro....cool....
    There isn't lifestyle so to speak if u have seen the project, having view of Army camp, swimming pool that u can't swim, etc...in my opinion. I don't disagree with the key word u mention about lifestyle, if there is in this project, I understand, but if there isn't, then again, hard to understand...

There isn't lifestyle so to speak if u have seen the project, having view of Army camp, swimming pool that u can't swim, etc...in my opinion. I don't disagree with the key word u mention about lifestyle, if there is in this project, I understand, but if there isn't, then again, hard to understand...
    I see Cabana being advertised in the newspapers repeatedly.
    May I know how many units are left if there is any, and how fast have the unsold units moved over the last few months?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I see Cabana being advertised in the newspapers repeatedly.
    May I know how many units are left if there is any, and how fast have the unsold units moved over the last few months?
    Total 113 units I think, left about 8 maybe...selling 600+psf since beginning till now close to 900+ according to the agent. Selling over 2 yrs plus alr. If they cannot sell, I think they can also lease maybe?
    If they sell at same psf, nothing special, but as they sell, it gets more and more expensive over the yrs, imagine your neighbour's unit is half a mil cheaper than u.... ppl still buys....

I mean, all these are my opinion.

Cabana cluster or not?

Cabana cluster or not?
    Yup cluster, strata.

Total 113 units I think, left about 8 maybe...selling 600+psf since beginning till now close to 900+ according to the agent. Selling over 2 yrs plus alr. If they cannot sell, I think they can also lease maybe?
    If they sell at same psf, nothing special, but as they sell, it gets more and more expensive over the yrs, imagine your neighbour's unit is half a mil cheaper than u.... ppl still buys....

I mean, all these are my opinion.

This Cabana is going to TOP soon.
    Maybe that's their selling point?
    I think nowadays, just anyhow buy one unit enjoy the facility, then 2-3 years later may even be able to sell for a profit.
    Maybe that's how GenY thinks?

Yup, usually if FEO cannot sell the unit, they will rent it out or leave it empty.

CABANA SUNRISE TERRACE Bullion Holdings Pte Ltd & Cabana JV Pte Ltd Strata-Landed OCR 119 88 70 18 0 5 832 784 868

119 units, launched 88, sold 70, about $800+ psf as at end September 2012.

Wah, so many units in cluster housing.. But cluster, if your roof leak, it falls under mgmt purview. My townhouse last time roof leak, management resolve the issue. So it like condo.

Yes, army camp and those that you mentioned.

This is a different market segment of strata houses, for those foreigners want landed.....

I had been to the show house back in 2009. Very very tightly packed terraces, with a real small pool. And there are A LOT of units. If chestnut had seen it I bet he would have a diff view.

I thought strata houses now also go through the same approval process for foreigners already ?

I had been to the show house back in 2009. Very very tightly packed terraces, with a real small pool. And there are A LOT of units. If chestnut had seen it I bet he would have a diff view.

I thought strata houses now also go through the same approval process for foreigners already ?
    Yes, approval from SLA needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    Yes, approval from SLA needed.
    What would be a good buy for foreigners who can't get SLA approval with budget of say $3m to $4m looking for a big strata landed town house?

I understand that those town houses within some condo development do not require SLA approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Pynchmail
    What would be a good buy for foreigners who can't get SLA approval with budget of say $3m to $4m looking for a big strata landed town house?

I understand that those town houses within some condo development do not require SLA approval.
    $3-4 mil? I am not SLA, but I believe the application should be no issue la...

The 2nd question: this has been banned.

U just hit another button... most who bought are citizens and very few PRs. If foreigners want to buy, they likely go for town houses which is also one of the reason why town houses are more ex than such non-condo title cluster.

U just hit another button... most who bought are citizens and very few PRs. If foreigners want to buy, they likely go for town houses which is also one of the reason why town houses are more ex than such non-condo title cluster.
    I see. Since they are more ex, not many good buys for them or are there?

Yes, army camp and those that you mentioned.

Very exclusive loh..
    This is like Istana compound... and oxley drive..
    except you have a whole barrack of soldiers to protect you.. lol
    ... just kidding

Oh btw, I just checked squarefoot.
    For clusterhousing at Kovan namely water villas, charlton villas and charlton park, >95% are bought by Singaporeans (not PR).
    Last edited by focus; 28-10-12 at 13:05.

$3-4 mil? I am not SLA, but I believe the application should be no issue la...

The 2nd question: this has been banned.

As long as the development has an approved condominium status, foreigners do not need approval to buy any unit (town house included) from SLA.

Yup, but now developer cannot build town house in condo.

http://www.fareast.com.sg/PropertyNe...-Townhouse.pdf
    Last edited by buttercarp; 28-10-12 at 13:24.

I went to view Cabana earlier this year. Agent told me FEO will keep 30+ units for leasing, so based on numbers quoted here, they are almost sold out!

Attractions are:
    Location is pretty exclusive. All landed with no HDB in sight. (but that means no MRT in sight too!)
    Finishing is typical of FEO, good quality and expensive finishing.
    Lots of facilities like condo.
    For a lot of the units, you can literally walk out of your living room and jump straight into the pool.... i guess you can call that a 'lifestyle' factor?

However, the all the above is priced in of course, at their hefty price tag of $3+m.

I can see the attraction for those who bought... but for me, the LH (FH by FEO) status really puts me off (assuming I had $3m to spend in the first place! )