Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exec Condo - should do away this category

Default Exec Condo - should do away this category

Saw the article on the forum on today's paper which is what we have been talking about.....should the garmen cont to subsidize exec condo which is already exceeding 1mil easily, or to channel this fund to help those who can't afford to buy hdb??

I think most of us would agree that this should be reviewed and maybe should stop land sale for EC for the time being....just my opinion...

to maximize garmen profit, sell ECs at ulu locations and leave the prime near MRT lands to higher bids, brilliant idea
    Ride at your own risk !!!

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

for each EC sold, there should be >50% chance that an HDB flat is returned to market...

those buying ulu EC is subsidizing HDB flats

those buying dual key,... might return 1 or 2 hdb flats to market... and got grand parents taking care of kids,... less maids, less FW...

those buying EC will kena locked jialat jialat for 8yrs,... (3yr construction plus 5yrs MOP).... so less speculation in property market....

those buying EC likely gaining the most from govt's assets enhancements (~S$200K from HDB + ~S$200K from EC)... so likely they will support govt/pap more...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Saw the article on the forum on today's paper which is what we have been talking about.....should the garmen cont to subsidize exec condo which is already exceeding 1mil easily, or to channel this fund to help those who can't afford to buy hdb??

I think most of us would agree that this should be reviewed and maybe should stop land sale for EC for the time being....just my opinion...
    ya i just read the article writer really power sial...his name sound like khoo teck phuat or something lke that..

Other than the grants, does the government subsidize EC? I thought the difference of in price btw PC and EC is purely due to the EC restrictions and therefore the bid for the land tends to be lower and also due to the lower construction costs.

Private vs EC sure different, quality, cramp ness, ...

Quote Originally Posted by januslow
    Other than the grants, does the government subsidize EC? I thought the difference of in price btw PC and EC is purely due to the EC restrictions and therefore the bid for the land tends to be lower and also due to the lower construction costs.

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    Looking at most mass market PCs nowadays, it is getting harder to differentiate between PC and EC in terms of cramp ness

Pc got 4y ssd but over after TOP+1y but EC 5y mop only start when Top, ulu EC is equally risky

1) ECs at this moment meet the needs of many HDB upgraders - the demand is there (at least for now). Most of the ECs launched in the past couple of years have done well - most are fully sold or close to fully sold (a few exceptions are WaterColours and One Canberra ECs). Heron Bay EC is about 80% sold.

So if one is to do away with ECs, the Govt will have to come up with an alternative.

2) ECs are not necessarily cramped - quite a number of ECs have a site area of at least above 15,000 sqm and the number of units average between 500 to 700 units (the bigger ECs like Twin Waterfalls has 700 plus units over a site area of 25,000 sqm).

The smaller ECs like WaterBay and Heron Bay (both 13,000 plus sqm in size) has less than 400 units each. On the other hand, Boathouse Residences (a PC just beside Heron Bay) has close to 500 units and its size is quite similar to Heron Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    "Cramp-ness" should be the same if you compare private and EC of same plot ratio. Having said that, nearly if not all EC are high rise with high plot ratio hence generally high density living.

the thing is today, why should the govt still give the grant when they can afford 1mil or more kind of units?? does it still make sense? whose money is this??

last time the grant was given to encourage staying within certain dist with your parents or to give some discount for resale units as first timer forgo buying direct from HDB, but now, seems like to objective is no longer clear... grant for EC

so wat... grant cheaper than stamp duty mah...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    so wat... grant cheaper than stamp duty mah...
    Damm sianz pay stamp duty dunno pay for what....

Why? Those who want to buy will kao pay garmen never take care of them give them choice?

Those who cannot afford kao pay must be cheaper. When those that can want to buy it even cheaper.

If there is no EC more pple will koa pay more!

why? Coz we are a complain nation.

Also just my opinion.

the thing is today, why should the govt still give the grant when they can afford 1mil or more kind of units?? does it still make sense? whose money is this??

last time the grant was given to encourage staying within certain dist with your parents or to give some discount for resale units as first timer forgo buying direct from HDB, but now, seems like to objective is no longer clear... grant for EC

Maybe singapore government should follow CUBA. Nationalized housing. Go Communist.. Everything own by government. pple just get coupon to stay in the houses.

But then tat system would means all housing are dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by januslow

run by private developers. thats the only way to provide private housing a cheaper rate buy slapping restriction on it.

Only grant is ah kong give the owner 1 time 30K assistance. but that come with strings attached.

To me actually HDB subsidy is higher. But then again some people just dont want to buy HDB and there are those who can not afford PC! so EC is the class.

Go compare the size of EC and PC.. for 1M to 1M comparison. 1M EC wat u get and 1M PC wat can u get..

I think u need to really go see more coz i dont think u understand the difference. just having the perception becoz it it 1M.

Becos this group of people r the loudest complainers. Middle class, highly educated, take things for granted; keep screaming government to increase the income ceiling to help the poor to buy HDB......

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Becos this group of people r the loudest complainers. Middle class, highly educated, take things for granted; keep screaming government to increase the income ceiling to help the poor to buy HDB......

Coz they also pay tax. They when young never buy HDB now exceed the age to buy HDB and find PC totally too ex. So EC is suited for them!

nothing wrong... coz if u allow this group to buy HDB then garment actually so call subsidy even more..

The article?

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Coz they also pay tax. They when young never buy HDB now exceed the age to buy HDB and find PC totally too ex. So EC is suited for them!

nothing wrong... coz if u allow this group to buy HDB then garment actually so call subsidy even more..
    frankly and honestly new launch pc price today...about same as ec....i dunno why we need ec...oh well maybe so some people can buy 5br penthouse ec for 1.xxM

i said this before, raising the income ceiling will drive EC prices higher. near term, after the income ceiling was raised, the buyers will feel richer cos they were buying units priced based on the old income ceiling. now developers know the buyers have more bullets, they will be more aggressive in bidding for land and price the units at a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    frankly and honestly new launch pc price today...about same as ec....i dunno why we need ec...oh well maybe so some people can buy 5br penthouse ec for 1.xxM
    Not really check out heron bay and the river isle. heron bay for the same cash quantum EC is bigger

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i said this before, raising the income ceiling will drive EC prices higher. near term, after the income ceiling was raised, the buyers will feel richer cos they were buying units priced based on the old income ceiling. now developers know the buyers have more bullets, they will be more aggressive in bidding for land and price the units at a higher level.

Well wats the solution push those buyers to HDB? and HDB become higher? or totally push them to PC also push higher. maybe just shoot them?

If people want to buy u just cant stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Well wats the solution push those buyers to HDB? and HDB become higher? or totally push them to PC also push higher. maybe just shoot them?

If people want to buy u just cant stop them.
    U are a bit extreme....

Even if this category is to stay, should grant cont to be given out??

30k grant is a joke, equivalent to 15k 10y ago ... COE already 70k

U are a bit extreme....

Even if this category is to stay, should grant cont to be given out??
    the grant is nothing actually. Wats 30K these days? plus all the sting attached?