Thread: does certain race bring down condo value

Default does certain race bring down condo value

i heard of melville place in simei or office building in high street becos of certain concentratiin of race that the value of the condo are lower comparatively. just want to understand is this is a fact in spore pty mkt. that is all. no other meaning.....

backside itchy?

Let's avoid sensitive topic on race, what is your intent of asking such a question? There could be many reasons such as maintenance, location, facilities, buyer preference etc that affects value. why you want to pinpoint race?

Hear no EVIL see no EVIL speak no.....EVIL

Quote Originally Posted by JAFCO
    i heard of melville place in simei or office building in high street becos of certain concentratiin of race that the value of the condo are lower comparatively. just want to understand is this is a fact in spore pty mkt. that is all. no other meaning.....
    Why don't you do an analysis of this and let us know which condos value is affected and to what extent because of this? Which races - PRCians, Indians?

you don't see the price of Tanjong Rhu being affected...in fact it keeps going up because certain races favor their own enclaves....nothing wrong with that
    I am rich in debts...

Melville Park is a bad example. I doubt anything you do will increase it's value drastically.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Quote Originally Posted by regency321
    backside itchy?

Let's avoid sensitive topic on race, what is your intent of asking such a question? There could be many reasons such as maintenance, location, facilities, buyer preference etc that affects value. why you want to pinpoint race?

Agreed. I'd suggest the editor / moderator close this thread. Meaningless and totally inappropriate discussion.

pld note i just want to understand the dynamics of market here given this is an interesting countty with its multi racial soceity. if its too sensitivr to even mention pls take this down. i am just making an observation. if u also see certain shopping belts in orchard or beach road etc that has certain characteristics of such enclaves too and it has different propositional value and wanted to get an objective view.

sometimes this can be taken out of context but the fact is this is a multi racial society and the proeprty value we put is also reflection of perceived value too.

pld note i just want to understand the dynamics of market here given this is an interesting countty with its multi racial soceity. if its too sensitivr to even mention pls take this down. i am just making an observation. if u also see certain shopping belts in orchard or beach road etc that has certain characteristics of such enclaves too and it has different propositional value and wanted to get an objective view.

sometimes this can be taken out of context but the fact is this is a multi racial society and the proeprty value we put is also reflection of perceived value too.
    are you INDIAN

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

umm... melville park very bad meh ??... what's wrong with it hur ??...

or,... then you guys don't buy anything in pink and cheap lor...
    ... melville park, yew mei green, st francis court, woodsvale, loyang valley, the tanamera (and which else in pink ??..)

btw: radha... me din know elias green is pink also... until look at it on propertyguru just now...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    umm... melville park very bad meh ??... what's wrong with it hur ??...

or,... then you guys don't buy anything in pink and cheap lor...
    ... melville park, yew mei green, st francis court, woodsvale, loyang valley, the tanamera (and which else in pink ??..)

btw: radha... me din know elias green is pink also... until look at it on propertyguru just now...
    bro i now stay hdb my motto is hear no evil see no evil say no evil.......all men are brothers regardless of race language or religion...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    bro i now stay hdb my motto is hear no evil see no evil say no evil.......all men are brothers regardless of race language or religion...
    bro,... your hdb in pink color ??...
    my hdb was in pink color until last year, when they painted clementi flats to either blue or green...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    bro,... your hdb in pink color ??...
    my hdb was in pink color until last year, when they painted clementi flats to either blue or green...
    nope mine is orange and blue haha nvrmind as long they dont charge me $$$ to paint...

alamak!!... bro... you sound so complicated and me don;t understand what talking you lah...
    suggestion,... why not from now on we all change your subject/title to:
    => which condo should i be looking at..

and tell you some fish story hor...
    last time me small little fish with limited budget also was looking at melville...
    - my first choice is lakeside, may be parc vista 3bdr, or lakeholmz...
    - but i waited waited since end2009 until end2010, then price shot up by 100K, until small fish small budget cannot afford liow...
    - so next i look at melville 2bdr/3bdr, but then i figured out that locations suckz, so never visited melville...
    - and simei green is much better location, and simei green 2bdr was then around 680-720K cheap cheap, it would be better to throw another 50-80K to get simei green than melville... (think now also the same)
    - but hor, simei in general is expensive lah,... and all my life stuck at west side...
    - so i move further north along the red MRT line and ended got a 12xxft in D23...
    - D23 bagus lah !!... place that birds-no-lay-eggs, so you never have bird poo falling from sky...

and if you don't mind D23 or D24 durian...
    - northvale/guilin view is next to MRT and got smaller 2bdr units (0.3km from mrt)...
    - yew mei 3bdr 1130sqft is dirt cheap (0.5km from mrt)...
    - regent height 1022sqft not bad also (but 0.8km from MRT, like melville like that)...
    - mayspring got lots of small unit (MRT only ready in 2015..)

and other dirt cheap condos could be:
    - hougang green (0.8km from MRT),... go figure out yourself why it is dirt cheap...
    - orchid park condo (0.5km from MRT)...