Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shall I go back to JOB market?

Default Shall I go back to JOB market?

I am going to be 57 soon, and retired about 2.5 years back.

I have a wonderful time these two years, doing thing I like and TCSS here.

However, I find myself is getting very unproductive....and I don't want to have brain death.

Thinking of doing charity, but I rather give money to them than doing the physical work as I feel very upset to see those under-privileged.

Working life is also so stressful....and did not give me much money as well. And most important, I don't like to have BOSS tell me this and that...no freedom...

sigh

Go travel round the world and write a book.

Earn more with royalties from sale of your adventures.

Give inspirational talks on how to make money.

Be an estate agent. Since you already took the exams... And I think you have a god network of clients here...

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

However, I find myself is getting very unproductive....and I don't want to have brain death.

Thinking of doing charity, but I rather give money to them than doing the physical work as I feel very upset to see those under-privileged.

Working life is also so stressful....and did not give me much money as well. And most important, I don't like to have BOSS tell me this and that...no freedom...

sigh
    no.

i would suggest continue doing thing you like.

me is one small boss , by myself since 18 yr old.. never turn back ever since.

Your life is so boring to do the same thing and restricted to specific job scope..

I can learn whatever i like on the internet and use the acquired knowledge to help others who are not good with internet stuff.

most importantly, don't make $$$ the top priority.. your life will be happier and meaningful.

but quite often, my mind just get erode with desire for more $$ due to the media influence..

just take a look at this dr richard teo who is millionaire before 40 yr old..
    got ferrari, got landed house and so much $$$ but left just a few years to enjoy... very sad thing.

conclusion: study, learn and do what you like. Discover your passion & talent.. hopefully, make a difference in other's life.. without involvement of $$ ,if possible.

i am thinking of become a 'cyber-teacher' to educate people.

I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyhead
    Be an estate agent. Since you already took the exams... And I think you have a god network of clients here...
    can help yt find his dream home...

that will keep u busy...

Don't look back. Do something that u like. U have fought a good war and won the battle. Pass down your knowledge and skill. Learn something new. Don't act too senior, make friend with young people. Be a mentor for a struggling friend who need your guidance and attention. The more love u give, the more you get love. Remember make love more often with your wife.

Part time counselor, you would have the right life experience to give advice and the job gives your flexibility.

And not to mention that you are helping someone in need too.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Remember make love more often with your wife.
    What if the wife refuses?
    Sometimes it is difficult because of menopause.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Remember make love more often with your wife.
    frankly speaking, i prefer to piak younger girl rather than my future wife leh..
    wife already so old
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Wife refused...then pass the love to yuki mei mei hor..
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

sis never expect this kind of answer from you...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    sis never expect this kind of answer from you...
    What I meant was the husband should understand his ageing wife and not make things difficult for her as it is beyond her control (hormones to be blamed). The husband should find other ways to bond with his wife eg listening to her views, cos most women like to talk, etc.

Travel the physical world and the emotional world enrich the people around you and yourself.

buy a nice house overlooking a lake in europe. and train across te entire continent using that as a base.

Volunteer in the community and mentor dis-advantaged youths

Where/How can I do this?
    Don't you have to be trained or certified?

I would like to work with disadvantaged kids - maybe some tuition, mentoring.

Quote Originally Posted by regency321
    Volunteer in the community and mentor dis-advantaged youths

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Where/How can I do this?

disadvantaged kids - as in they are unable to get proper education due to finance?

Don't mind if they're young.
    Give something back in a very targeted way and perhaps get to see the direct effect. Rather than just giving money to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    disadvantaged kids - as in they are unable to get proper education due to finance?

For this reason, many retiress are finding it perfectly justified to go Batam and spend their CPF withdrawals... bcoz they are understanding husbands and they don't want to make things difficult for their wives.

What I meant was the husband should understand his ageing wife and not make things difficult for her as it is beyond her control (hormones to be blamed). The husband should find other ways to bond with his wife eg listening to her views, cos most women like to talk, etc.

sigh
    Do part-time coaching? Mentor some young chaps who got potential to succeed and you have a prodigy?

Just like Star Wars and have a pad-wan, aka apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyhead
    I find it very very difficult to serve all the unreasonable buyers and sellers.
    and also, no reason to serve them.

Try something new. Anything. You never know what you will find. Life is an adventure - only if you allow yourself to and set aside all preconceived ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Where/How can I do this?

I have a friend who has an orphanage in jakarta. She start it by a coincidence. At first because she took care one kid who are abandon by his parents. Then the words spread that she was willing to accept abandon babies. So every time there is abandoned babies, the people send them to her. She has no choice but to accept them and hire nurses to handle the babies. She teach the young girls to be a nurse. So each time a couple want to adopt a baby she asked for 200 cans of milk as a donation or in money equivalent. As more and more young girls coming in to be train as nurses, she set up a nurses agency. Her nurses agency become big and famous.

As not all of the babies were adopted, they grew up and in need of education. So she set up a home schooling and hire some teachers. She rent a house to conduct teaching activities. From this humble beginning, they grow into one of the biggest school in jakarta with more than 2000 students. Its all begun with charity....

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Try something new. Anything. You never know what you will find. Life is an adventure - only if you allow yourself to and set aside all preconceived ideas.
    Are you suggesting an indecent proposal to Laguna?

Are you suggesting an indecent proposal to Laguna?
    ????? ?????

I have a number of friends, the only thing they asked from me:

tell me how to make money!

should I share or not to share?

So, I said : I have already fully invested, and not doing anything much.

As I decided, I am not going to share more with all these real person. If they make, not a single cent or thank you to me. If they did not make, I kanna. If they did not make enough, also my problem.....nut friends....

Go trekking in nepal, meet friendly people and hopeful children.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Go trekking in nepal, meet friendly people and hopeful children.

I used to trek at Bt Timah, but no more due to my knee problem.

Go Nepal, my dream, I need to hire two porters.....or four, two to carry me and two to standby...and perhaps one more to carry my drink and food...

US$10 per pax per day...still affordable.....

I have a number of friends, the only thing they asked from me:

tell me how to make money!

should I share or not to share?

So, I said : I have already fully invested, and not doing anything much.

As I decided, I am not going to share more with all these real person. If they make, not a single cent or thank you to me. If they did not make, I kanna. If they did not make enough, also my problem.....nut friends....
    You obviously mixing with the wrong crowd, either that or you dont filter your friends.