Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will you buy a 99-year LH landed at $1000 psf?

Default Will you buy a 99-year LH landed at $1000 psf?

Do you think that there a market for this type?

- A new 2.5-storey terrce house, 99-years LH,

- 1st floor 1000 sqf, 2nd floor, 1000 sqft, 3rd floor 800 sqf with a 200 sqf open terrace,

- The design of 1st and 2nd is equivalent to what you can get in a new 1000 sqf condo unit,

- The design of the 3rd floor attic is equivalent to what you can get in a new 800 sqf condo unit, with a open terrace thrown in,

- Access to 2nd, 3rd floor by a lift, lift is also enclosed from from 1st floor (so, a 3-keys access house)

- Carporch can accommodate 1 car, garden beside car driveway, small garden at backyard

Price is $3.0 mil, or $1000 psf of GFA.

Burning question i have is what happen after 99 years.. Govt take back the land?

Have seen so many run down leasehold landed ppty with less than 50 year lease, some like 30 years left.. Condition really dated..

I will buy smaller freehold or pay a little more for it. I own the land retain the value and can rebuild.. Neighbours do that too so overall the estate get rejuvenated over time.

Which district is this located before giving comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat

- 1st floor 1000 sqf, 2nd floor, 1000 sqft, 3rd floor 800 sqf with a 200 sqf open terrace,

- The design of 1st and 2nd is equivalent to what you can get in a new 1000 sqf condo unit,

- The design of the 3rd floor attic is equivalent to what you can get in a new 800 sqf condo unit, with a open terrace thrown in,

- Access to 2nd, 3rd floor by a lift, lift is also enclosed from from 1st floor (so, a 3-keys access house)

- Carporch can accommodate 1 car, garden beside car driveway, small garden at backyard

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Which district is this located before giving comments?
    Let's say at Sembawang Hill or Thomson Hill area.

I just want to gauge the potential demand, to see if a project like this makes sense.

Thanks all in advance for commenting.

I thought Haus@ is already selling much more above 1000psf?? The question is the timing, not so much of value...if 3 yrs ago at this price, then maybe nobody will buy....look at SM in Yishun, above 1000psf average, few yrs back u think they can sell??

I just want to gauge the potential demand, to see if a project like this makes sense.

Bro, don't get caught in the Euphoria and Belief that "this time, it is different. Risk/return ratio still applies and u need to always know your objective.

Thanks for the additional info. You can get one FH near city fringe and walking distance to future DTL for 3 million. Looking at the description, the land area is rather small and with a lift core punching each floor will have less useful area besides the staircase. Make sense to buy FH landed.

Haus is ripe off. Staying in a landed next to CTE at that kind of price. It is not even in the heart of serangoon garden.
    Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    I thought Haus@ is already selling much more above 1000psf?? The question is the timing, not so much of value...if 3 yrs ago at this price, then maybe nobody will buy....look at SM in Yishun, above 1000psf average, few yrs back u think they can sell??

Haus is ripe off. Staying in a landed next to CTE at that kind of price. It is not even in the heart of serangoon garden.
    I went to see Haus as well.
    On top of it is near to MRT, the location has very limited public transport and quite a number of retirement homes within walking distance.

In fact, the $3m budget, can find a rather good inter-terrace.

Assuming land size is around 1600sf and it is an inter-terrace, the price appears to be on the high side. $3m should be able to get a freehold terrace at close to that price, maybe slightly more. If it is a strata terrace, then for that location, you can get freehold.

Hi secretriat

My answer is NO.

For 2800 sq ft of live in space and in a surburb for 3mil, and I suppose land area is less than 2000sq ft (cos you said can only park 1 car), the asking price is way too high!

Luxus Hills is 999y and is less than 3 mil.

Thanks for the additional info. You can get one FH near city fringe and walking distance to future DTL for 3 million. Looking at the description, the land area is rather small and with a lift core punching each floor will have less useful area besides the staircase. Make sense to buy FH landed.
    Yes, the location of staircase is a challenge in the design. Also the HS.

Land area is 2000 sqf? It is more of getting the suitable land plot.

The design of the house, the internal, will offer good usage of space. In other words, the survey question is in the scenario that you like the layout. I think that most buyers won't buy, no matter how cheap (or how new) the house is, if they don't like the layout mah?

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, don't get caught in the Euphoria and Belief that "this time, it is different. Risk/return ratio still applies and u need to always know your objective.

Bro, thanks for your advice at all times.

The potential downside of this idea, is very limited, and almost insulated...but need legal confirmation yet.

Hi secretariat

IMHO, the lift will block the light well and the house will be rather dark especially if it is an inter terrace.

Just out of curiousity..... did you buy it already?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Hi secretriat

My answer is NO.

For 2800 sq ft of live in space and in a surburb for 3mil, and I suppose land area is less than 2000sq ft (cos you said can only park 1 car), the asking price is way too high!

agree with buttercarp.

anyway for that 2 area you referred to, a better consideration will be between these 2:

1. luxus hills

2. tong eng new release - signages up for 2 weeks (but i have not opened a new thread for this). prob cluster like poet villas - same developer. located in-between the 2 bukit sembawang land along amk ave 5 (luxus hills and the other beside cte)
    http://www.tongeng.com.sg/index.php?...d=80&Itemid=61

Hi secretriat

My answer is NO.

Yes, the competition is the developers...hahaha

How much is the maintenance fee of Luxus Hill, sis?

Secretariat,

read through your post again and found new angles.

are you a developer? or brainstorming / designing for a developer?

anyway, this concept is good! esp for owners thinking of renting out as well or giving the married children some privacy. triple key access (from external to the structure) - why not?

but access cannot be via lift alone - throw in a spiral staircase. does a spiral staircase incur gfa on the 2nd and 3rd floor? if it does (from my previous recollection), then makes more sense to have conventional staircase; though this will reduce the usable area. then got to choose between lift and staircase.

but pls increase the footprint of each floor and not small like the cabana or shaughnessy (no offense intended) from my memory of previous visits.

Yes, the competition is the developers...hahaha

How much is the maintenance fee of Luxus Hill, sis?
    Luxus Hills is a true landed (not strata), so there is no "official" maintenance fee .

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    Secretariat,

anyway, this concept is good! esp for owners thinking of renting out as well or giving the married children some privacy. triple key access (from external to the structure) - why not?

but access cannot be via lift alone - throw in a spiral staircase. does a spiral staircase incur gfa on the 2nd and 3rd floor? if it does (from my previous recollection), then makes more sense to have conventional staircase; though this will reduce the usable area. then got to choose between lift and staircase.

but pls increase the footprint of each floor and not small like the cabana or shaughnessy (no offense intended) from my memory of previous visits.
    Very interesting concept of a 3-key access. May work although the porch for only one car may be a drawback.

Bro or Sis, how to move furniture up on a spiral staircase unless is wide enough.
    Secretariat,

Bro or Sis, how to move furniture up on a spiral staircase unless is wide enough.
    That's why got lift.

Secretariat,

No la, just as an individual la...

There will be a staircase, the placement of it is tricky. Maybe have to bang table at BCA hahaha.

But losing more useable floor area and these are included in gfa. That is why people who buy soho or studio are paying all these not useable areas.
    That's why got lift.

Hi secretariat

IMHO, the lift will block the light well and the house will be rather dark especially if it is an inter terrace.

Just out of curiousity..... did you buy it already?
    It is the design of it...certainly won't be the conventional type for a single family.

Bought? No la, I am not as gunho as, for instance, Yowetan leh..

Quote Originally Posted by Pynchmail
    Very interesting concept of a 3-key access. May work although the porch for only one car may be a drawback.
    interested buyers will mainly be extended families or if the site is near to international school etc, then dun need space for more than 1 car.

but 3 mil for 99lh is too high, esp when luxus hills fh costs the same.

anyway with cm6, this type of high quantum purchases will interest mainly those for own stay first.

Quote Originally Posted by Pynchmail
    Yes, a drawback indeed.

interested buyers will mainly be extended families or if the site is near to international school etc, then dun need space for more than 1 car.

but 3 mil for 99lh is too high, esp when luxus hills fh costs the same.

anyway with cm6, this type of high quantum purchases will interest mainly those for own stay first.
    I was wondering where the $3.0 mil came from? My bad, a typo error in the original post.

At $1000 psf GFA, it should be $2.8 mil.

Just a correction, makes not a lot of difference.

I was wondering where the $3.0 mil came from? My bad, a typo error in the original post.

At $1000 psf GFA, it should be $2.8 mil.

Just a correction, makes not a lot of difference.
    The last transacted price for Luxus Hills was 2.8 mil.

So my answer to your question will still be a No.

Btw, this corner terrace (FH) at Platina rd going for 3.1 mil (neg).

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...street_id=2704

No la, just as an individual la...

There will be a staircase, the placement of it is tricky. Maybe have to bang table at BCA hahaha.

are you designing your new house? or subdividing your plot to include 1 unit like this ???

are you designing your new house? or subdividing your plot to include 1 unit like this ???
    No, just buying a landed with original dwelling, tear it down, rebuild, and sell.