Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Food for Thoughts fellow investors..

Default Food for Thoughts fellow investors..

If we are not working.. we could actually be somewhere else living a better quality of living.. Of course , some may disagreed. But I'm one of those who feels the pastures is greener over Australia, Taiwan. Malaysia is still too unsafe for me i feel. But penang sounds nice rite.. Laguna's holiday home.

You could retain your citizenship if you want.. But PRs in Australia are also not bad for a start before you consider converting within the 5yr grace period.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jye-y...50649714052703

by the way, this guy is the sex scandal law scholar

I see his naked photo. quite delectable, I must confess. hmmmm rainbow cap...

anyone got consider Thailand or Bali for retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    If we are not working.. we could actually be somewhere else living a better quality of living.. Of course , some may disagreed. But I'm one of those who feels the pastures is greener over Australia, Taiwan. Malaysia is still too unsafe for me i feel. But penang sounds nice rite.. Laguna's holiday home.

You could retain your citizenship if you want.. But PRs in Australia are also not bad for a start before you consider converting within the 5yr grace period.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jye-y...50649714052703

by the way, this guy is the sex scandal law scholar
    my plan is to earn enough and retire in new zealand by 40.. do some small organic farming biz to export to asia to cover basic living expenses...

if i have your level of wealth now, i would have scooted to NZ now liao.

If u like nature, farming, Australia is really good

But penang sounds nice rite.. Laguna's holiday home.
    haha, me again
    I will buy big big BMW, BM, and Volvo, not COE, no tax
    the price of a big big BMW is only the cost of our COE here..

NZ has earthquake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincegoh
    my plan is to earn enough and retire in new zealand by 40.. do some small organic farming biz to export to asia to cover basic living expenses...

Australia cost living is too high compared to Singapore. A 500ml bottle of coke cost A$2.50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    If u like nature, farming, Australia is really good

I also thought of NZ too but not easy to migrate to there leh .
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

There are more sheeps than people in NZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE

NZ, Australia,
    I die lah! how to live without local food
    no nite life, no good shopping,
    fly to Europe, US is so far....

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    NZ has earthquake.
    earthquake at christchurch ?? maybe go further south to Queenlands safer ?

i believe they need more of skilled worker...eg plumber, mechanics, electrician etc... professional eg engineers, accountants, etc not easily to gain access..

those are the work, the ppl there don want to do....

actually if u are working age and is a skilled worker/investor, quite easy to migrate. alot of handy tips in the website below (and a good forum with useful info)

http://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/wor...resident-visas

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/new...g-new-zealand/

have fun!

NZ has earthquake.
    I considered both Canada and NZ.. but prefer NZ cos at least still APAC.. else from canada fly back really is ..

earthquake boh bian. just need to go to less prone zones and actively tune up for seismic updates.

when i do migrate, i will be spending the bulk of my retirement funds to acquire farmland and construct new earthquake resistant housing that can better mitigate the effects from earthquakes.. need to go japan see see look look and learn how they do it.

anyway still got 10 yrs down the road...
    Last edited by Vincegoh; 17-10-12 at 17:48.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    i believe they need more of skilled worker...eg plumber, mechanics, electrician etc... professional eg engineers, accountants, etc not easily to gain access..

those are the work, the ppl there don want to do....
    they have a scoring system.. juz know where u and your spouse falls under and then work towards getting at least 180pts...

http://www.workpermit.com/new_zealan...nts_system.htm

http://www.workpermit.com/new_zealand/nz_calculator.htm

Had been staying in UK for about 8 years. We will always be 2nd class in those society unless we have British spouse.
    I considered both Canada and NZ.. but prefer NZ cos at least still APAC.. else from canada fly back really is ..

earthquake boh bian. just need to go to less prone zones and actively tune up for seismic updates.

when i do migrate, i will be spending the bulk of my retirement funds to acquire farmland and construct new earthquake resistant housing that can better mitigate the effects from earthquakes.. need to go japan see see look look and learn how they do it.

anyway still got 10 yrs down the road...

Had been staying in UK for about 8 years. We will always be 2nd class in those society unless we have British spouse.
    Renting a car in Australia, being treated worst than a second class

U need to think of a second home for winter

There are more sheeps than people in NZ.
    Yup, in NZ more sheep than friendship.
    A professor once said that to me.
    Dunno whether you heard it from the same person?

can retire in punggol what there they going to call it eco town...

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Yup, in NZ more sheep than friendship.
    A professor once said that to me.
    Dunno whether you heard it from the same person?
    in africa i heard people are friendly but i rather be with sheep in nz...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I see his naked photo. quite delectable, I must confess. hmmmm rainbow cap...
    bro honestly DO you know this guy...this type of case falls under your department....

Bkk did crossed my mind, nice food, friendly locals, shopping & able to go massagi everyday. Did some calculations & realised be a tenant is a wiser choice. Can beach hop every month. When colour shirts start burning rubber, just book a flight & leave.

From TKL:

"My friend, who is a Malaysian PR, brought me to see a few condos in Iskandar. Most of them are being sold at M$500 (S$200) psf, are freehold in tenure and come with full facilities. The roads are not congested, so driving is a pleasure. The residents said that Iskandar is relative safe, in spite of the reports in Singapore media.

We visited Danga Bay, Horizon Hills, Nusajaya, Medini, :Ledang Heights, Puteri Harbor and Gelang Patah.

Most of the 2+1 apartments have an area of 1,000 sf and sells for M$500,000 or S$200,000. This is a 2 bedroom apartment with a small room (+1) that is used as a study.

I am impressed with the 3+1 apartment in Danga Bay, which is on the outskirt of Johor Bahru and is 10 mins drive from the causeway. The size is 1,600 sf and it sells for S$400,000. It has 2 keys. One key leads to a 500 sf studio apartment. The other key leads to a 2+1 apartment of 1,100 sf. Both units are inter-connected. The owner can live in 1 unit and rent out the other unit or the grandparents can stay in the adjoining studio unit.

I met a Singaporean at the showroom of the Danga Bay condo. He works as a property agent in Singapore but has bought a unit at Danga Bay. He said that the LRT will connect Danga Bay to the MRT station in Johor Bahru.

If you find a 99 year condos selling for $1,200 sf in the outskirts of Singapore to be too expensive, a property at Iskandar may be an attractive option, especially if your work requires you to travel often outside of Singapore"

What or who is TKL?
    Tan Kin Lian?

I met a Singaporean at the showroom of the Danga Bay condo. He works as a property agent in Singapore but has bought a unit at Danga Bay. He said that the LRT will connect Danga Bay to the MRT station in Johor Bahru.

If you find a 99 year condos selling for $1,200 sf in the outskirts of Singapore to be too expensive, a property at Iskandar may be an attractive option, especially if your work requires you to travel often outside of Singapore"
    Distance from Danga bay to city area in JB can be far. However, i prefer those at iskandar as it comes with land and fresh air. if u are gonna stay in JB might as well buy a landed with some land and pool for yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    bro honestly DO you know this guy...this type of case falls under your department....
    Wa, 2nd time. Haha

Australia cost living is too high compared to Singapore. A 500ml bottle of coke cost A$2.50.
    I studied in melb for a year. Certain parts of Australia is nice to retire in. Melb , sydney & Queensland is nice. Tasmania is still still racist as the Asian population there is very small. The cost is living is very high. The cars and houses are cheap though. After all all ur friends are still in SG, which is one of the reasons why I came back to spore to work.

I just bought a 1 bedder at sydney harold park. Its a decent 50m2 size. Its near an equivalent of LRT, so don't really need a car. Maybe one day I might use it as a retirement house.