Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 49545964697475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2656

Thread: BOND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    Otto Marine told the Singapore Exchange that it has received a letter from RHB Securities Singapore, the financial adviser to the potential buyer, which said it intends to submit a formal proposal to the group's board "as soon as possible".

Good news for those who has OTTO marine bond.
    Otto Marine taking private at S$0.32 per share.
    Bad for investors who bought Otto marine share at high price.
    Good news for bond investors.

Swiber , Ezra , Noble , kris energy bond etc look like it may not go into default if there is no lehman type crisis happen.

Bought Thailand PTT exploration & production public LTD USD 4.875% perp bond on 6Mar16 @94 (US$188k)
    Take profit @99.555 (US$199.1k + accured interest) after holding for 3 mths. Profit est US$13k+.

The Bond Market Is Borrowing Happiness From Tomorrow

Bill Gross mentioned in his interview yesterday that the multi-Trillion of negative rate bonds is a bubble which will explode big one day. Given how these nations are expanding their monetary policies aggressively, we can only assume that the financial system has become even more leveraged than it was in 2007 at the beginning of the last GFC crisis.

==================================================================================================================
    We need to be aware of this gigantic bond mkt bubble. As long you are buying short dated investment grade & min leverage. U should be safe.
    If U want to invest in JUNK bond which offfer high yield & long dated. U just need to be aware of the risk once the interest rate starts to go up
    and start to de-leverage.

When I buy junk bond & perp which ususally during the mini crisis to get better yield, I will usually sell when there is a profit. Dare not hold for
    long term.

The Bond Market Is Borrowing Happiness From Tomorrow

Bill Gross mentioned in his interview yesterday that the multi-Trillion of negative rate bonds is a bubble which will explode big one day. Given how these nations are expanding their monetary policies aggressively, we can only assume that the financial system has become even more leveraged than it was in 2007 at the beginning of the last GFC crisis.

==================================================================================================================
    We need to be aware of this gigantic bond mkt bubble. As long you are buying short dated investment grade & min leverage. U should be safe.
    If U want to invest in JUNK bond which offfer high yield & long dated. U just need to be aware of the risk once the interest rate starts to go up
    and start to de-leverage.

When I buy junk bond & perp which ususally during the mini crisis to get better yield, I will usually sell when there is a profit. Dare not hold for
    long term.

"CPF BOND" AAA rating is the best. Risk free & guarantee with HIGH INTEREST RATE (2.5% to 4%). I will continue to voluntary contribute cash to max $37.7k per year from my corporate bond coupon. After age 55, it shall be my EMERGENCY FUND . Will not withdraw so as to earn high interest rate unless it is really very emergency.

Basic RA = $80.5k with ppty pledge (payout age 65 ----- est $618-$682 for basic
    Full RA = $161k no ppty pledge (payout age 65 ---- est $1147-$1273 for basic. FYI, by 2020 RA min =est $181k
    Enhanced RA =$241k (for those who want higher payout at age 65 ----- $1674-$1863. FYI, by 2020 RA min=est $271k.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Hope you made a windfall as most of the bonds prices shoot up recently, I bought nol bond at junk price and it shoot up quite a lot and still waiting for otto marine ( 79 ) to redeem in AUG . Since the prices are stabilized the gain are flat now. I guess should wait for stock opportunity in June.
    Hi everyone , do you guys feel the fear factors now. Got to start monitoring the counters you want to buy. Good luck to you guys. Cheers!

Hi everyone , do you guys feel the fear factors now. Got to start monitoring the counters you want to buy. Good luck to you guys. Cheers!
    We don't bother whether Yellen will be raising rate. We don't bother whether the US will shutdown. We don't bother whether there will be a briexit.

We don't bother because we really DONT KNOW.

But we know that when we patiently wait for the extreme FEAR in the market to come. It is time to pick up some BLUE chip stock/bond.

So let make investing simple.

1. Money is made by sitting, not trading all the time

2. It takes time to make money. Just be very very patience.

3. There is a time for all things, but you & I don't know when.
    But we know that when there extreme fear in the mkt. It is the time.
    Herd investing is a guarantee for failure.

Will be looking to buy commodities or emerging mkt related bond like BHP perp , Brazil bank majority govt owned , some China developer etc.
    Hopefully, the price will drop during this mini crisis.

Hi everyone , hope you guys have taken advantage of the brexit fear. Huat ah !

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Don't miss out once or twice in a life-time trading opportunity in GBP!
    Proud Owner must be very busy now..........................

Hi everyone , hope you guys have taken advantage of the brexit fear. Huat ah !

Brexit win.....Low interest rate forever + more stimulus

It's a good time to consider taking advantage over the next few days to weeks.

Wonderful opportunity.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

We don't bother whether Yellen will be raising rate. We don't bother whether the US will shutdown. We don't bother whether there will be a briexit.

But we know that when we patiently wait for the extreme FEAR in the market to come. It is time to pick up some BLUE chip stock/bond.

Will be looking to buy commodities or emerging mkt related bond like BHP perp , Brazil bank majority govt owned , some China developer etc.

I am very curious on the FX USD/SGD movement before the vote on 23rd June..
    So I get my RM to price (SG time 23 June 9.33am) for me to observe & LEARN what is the movement b4 (1.33+) & after (now 1.36+).

Hopefully to see any form or manipulation of the FX which the big speculators may already "know" the result even b4 the vote.
    I did not execute the trade.

Spot USD/SGD is 1.3365.
    Sell SGD call USD put 1.325 (strike price)
    One month.
    Pay only 0.02% of SGD$250k =S$50.
    Usually pays 0.4% to 0.6% .

When my RM told me that Temasek is planning to sell six and 12-year bonds. I was abit "curious" & disturb by the offering.
    Our Temasek holding maybe seeing some big "things" happening in the next few yrs which we never not know until it
    happen (crisis). That is why I am worry & hestitant to leverage . Investing getting very complex. So many uncertainty.

Those retail investors which trade are likely not to make any profit. FX trading is toxic if u are very emotionally charge & no
    experience. U can lose more (eg $100k) than your deposit (eg 10k) due to it highly leveraging (1:100) & sudden gap down . GPB/USD was 1.50
    Friday early morning. Suddenly, it drop 1.34+. Almost 10%. I million $ FX trade on a 10% loss is $100K within 12 hrs.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I suggest not to look at what Temasek is doing because they don't provide good cue.............

When my RM told me that Temasek is planning to sell six and 12-year bonds. I was abit "curious" & disturb by the offering.
    Our Temasek holding maybe seeing some big "things" happening in the next few yrs which we never not know until it
    happen (crisis). That is why I am worry & hestitant to leverage . Investing getting very complex. So many uncertainty.

Those retail investors which trade are likely not to make any profit. FX trading is toxic if u are very emotionally charge & no
    experience. U can lose more (eg $100k) than your deposit (eg 10k) due to it highly leveraging (1:100) & sudden gap down . GPB/USD was 1.50
    Friday early morning. Suddenly, it drop 1.34+. Almost 10%. I million $ FX trade on a 10% loss is $100K within 12 hrs.

CS predicts stay on by a close margin before the vote. Most of them believe as they saw rally in stock before the vote.
    So dont trust any bank or banker. Stay clear most of the bank recommendation especially structure
    note & FX. Only trust FEAR.

Win 9 times (small) & lose 1 time (BIG) = LOSE due to GREED & unwilling to CUT LOSS when trade turn bad.

10 yr UST yield – 1.44% , lowest since 2005 . Broke last low of 1.38% during July 2012

Asian High yield bonds – down 3 to 4 pts lower

CoCo At1 perp – down 7 to 10 pts from last high, particularly the UK banks

Crude oil – down 6%

Gold price – Up 7% (now at 1323)

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Don't miss out once or twice in a life-time trading opportunity in GBP!
    Proud Owner must be very busy now..........................

yep ... indeed ....

stayed up till about 4.30am yesterday ... and:
    sold GBP at 1.4885 ....
    Bought gold at 1258 .....

relax now leow ... can tahan till august ....lol

I was with my bankers watching the live of BrExit count. His client called for emergency lines to cover margin call of US$500,000.

I was also told that, UOB moved their clients into £ fixed deposit and guarantee that UK would stay in EU.

Most banks and money changers suspended £ trades for clients this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    I was with my bankers watching the live of BrExit count. His client called for emergency lines to cover margin call of US$500,000.

I was also told that, UOB moved their clients into £ fixed deposit and guarantee that UK would stay in EU.

They should talk to me first ...ahhahah

not just UOB ..ocbc also ... recommended some stupid GBPSGD trade ...which i told them WRONG WRONG WRONG ...
    they recommended to BUY GBPSGD at 2.45 .... now 1.85

The job is just too tough and high pressure to be awake at 4.30am making huge decisions.

Better ge an guan huo. Good night.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post

not just UOB ..ocbc also ... recommended some stupid GBPSGD trade ...which i told them WRONG WRONG WRONG ...

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

10 yr UST yield – 1.44% , lowest since 2005 . Broke last low of 1.38% during July 2012

Asian High yield bonds – down 3 to 4 pts lower

CoCo At1 perp – down 7 to 10 pts from last high, particularly the UK banks

Crude oil – down 6%

Gold price – Up 7% (now at 1323)
    for sure, there won't be rate hike in September
    Dec rate hike : about 20% chance

but banks (much less uob) normally won't guarantee?

Bankers' personal guarantee?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    but banks (much less uob) normally won't guarantee?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

for sure, there won't be rate hike in September
    Dec rate hike : about 20% chance
    Good news for home owner who is on floating rate. I am going to reprice my loan
    with std chart offering 0.65% + 3 mths sibor for 1st 2 yr. 3rd yr 0.75 + sibor
    Two yrs lock in.

Swee bro. Here's to many more years of reasonably low interest rate. Lower than HDB loan rate I happy lo.

Two yrs lock in.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    The job is just too tough and high pressure to be awake at 4.30am making huge decisions.

Better ge an guan huo. Good night.

its a hobby .... not a job ... i stayed up till 4.30am ... but woke up on friday 12 noon ... to a fat wallet ...

like i said before, i usually dont spend more than 3 hrs a day ...

Two yrs lock in.

go visit the Financing thread ...

for the past 1 to 2 years, i have always encouraged people to take floating rate and NEVER Fixed rate...

but i was always being rebutted by some that rates will go UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ....

Ha... Normal sleep cycle is very important to me. Good nite.

its a hobby .... not a job ... i stayed up till 4.30am ... but woke up on friday 12 noon ... to a fat wallet ...

like i said before, i usually dont spend more than 3 hrs a day ...

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

wah so brilliant ... everyone must salute !

when was GBPSGD 2.45 .... in the year 2008 ?

Quote Originally Posted by papalanga View Post
    wah so brilliant ... everyone must salute !

when was GBPSGD 2.45 .... in the year 2008 ?
    end 2015 to early 2016 ....

I am not familiar with bonds...

can experts here share some input...

how are the bond mkts performing Pre and post Brexit ?