Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4752576267727374757677787980818287 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2656

Thread: BOND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    spent 2013 watching Korean serials... lol
    👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Eh bro, you using hallucination language again. Maybe it surfaced from dreams?

I checked Hillview rental caveats for Feb to Mar 2016 for the time points you mentioned. Lowest was 2100, highest was 3000. Or maybe please enlighten on which development it is.

Good night and have a great sleep.

HILLVIEW 128 HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,300 900 to 1000 Mar-16

HILLVIEW GREEN HUME AVENUE 21 Non-landed Properties 3 3,000 1300 to 1400 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW GREEN HUME AVENUE 21 Non-landed Properties 3 2,650 1300 to 1400 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW GREEN HUME AVENUE 21 Non-landed Properties 3 2,500 1300 to 1400 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW GREEN HUME AVENUE 21 Non-landed Properties 3 2,700 1300 to 1400 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW GREEN HUME AVENUE 21 Non-landed Properties 3 2,400 1200 to 1300 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW GREEN HUME AVENUE 21 Non-landed Properties 3 2,600 1400 to 1500 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW GREEN HUME AVENUE 21 Non-landed Properties 3 2,500 1300 to 1400 Feb-16
    HILLVIEW 128 HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,100 900 to 1000 Feb-16
    HILLVIEW 128 HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,300 900 to 1000 Feb-16

HILLVIEW PARK HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,600 1200 to 1300 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW RESIDENCE HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,400 1200 to 1300 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW HEIGHTS HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 3,250 1400 to 1500 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW PARK HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,500 1200 to 1300 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW REGENCY BUKIT BATOK EAST AVENUE 2 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,750 1000 to 1100 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW REGENCY BUKIT BATOK EAST AVENUE 2 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,800 1000 to 1100 Mar-16
    HILLVIEW HEIGHTS HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,500 1200 to 1300 Feb-16
    HILLVIEW HEIGHTS HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,800 1200 to 1300 Feb-16
    HILLVIEW PARK HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,100 1200 to 1300 Feb-16
    HILLVIEW HEIGHTS HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 3,000 1400 to 1500 Feb-16
    HILLVIEW PARK HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,500 1200 to 1300 Feb-16
    HILLVIEW HEIGHTS HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,900 1100 to 1200 Feb-16
    HILLVIEW PARK HILLVIEW AVENUE 23 Non-landed Properties 3 2,500 1400 to 1500 Feb-16
    He talk cock lah. In event there is a crash the goverment can easily roll back the policy. and LTV help prevent people from over levaraging. Its a bullshit crap this guy trying to spin. as usual.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu View Post
    When LTV is 10%, the debt service ratio is much lower than that for LTV 90%. The borrower for that LTV 10% must be an idiot who does not know how to monetarize his asset to even service the low financing cost.

Dont waste time reply to that shit stirrer lah.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

minority,
    You the biggest LIAR here saying other people talk cock? Wow! anyway, still lose to you the BIGGEST LIAR!

Yes, when there is a crash, government can easily roll back the property cooling measures, just like in 1997 but it took 8 long years until 2005 before the property market is able to revive - History already taught us that it is so easily to crash property market with policies but so difficult to revive it with policies (because investors' sentiment has been badly dented!)!

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    He talk cock lah. In event there is a crash the goverment can easily roll back the policy. and LTV help prevent people from over levaraging. Its a bullshit crap this guy trying to spin. as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    minority,
    You the biggest LIAR here saying other people talk cock? Wow! anyway, still lose to you the BIGGEST LIAR!

Yes, when there is a crash, government can easily roll back the property cooling measures, just like in 1997 but it took 8 long years until 2005 before the property market is able to revive - History already taught us that it is so easily to crash property market with policies but so difficult to revive it with policies (because investors' sentiment has been badly dented!)!

Talk cock again . 97 is financial crisis. so is 2000 then 2003 Sars. So what policy ah??? shit stirrer.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Dont waste time reply to that shit stirrer lah.
    I'll refrain from doing so... especially on policies and financial jargon where he has revolutionary theories and readings.
    On certain comments on specific projects, he does talk good sense.

How do you guys read the Perennial 4.55% retail bonds?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

How do you guys read the Perennial 4.55% retail bonds?

Don't quite like. I think FCL is issuing a 4.35% 10yr. properly have better financial backing.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

any thoughts on the the BOND ETF on SGX i.e

Asia HY BOND ETF yield 4%
    SG BOND ETF yield 0.22%
    Asia BOND 4%

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Hi. Just curious. If say a bank sells otc bonds to a customer, are they liable to get sued?

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds View Post
    Agree with both cbsh and Teddybear that bond is still the best investment instrument since late 2011.

I have switched to bonds since late 2011. I have been suggesting to people in this forum not to be property heavy since then but always been scolded by those vested in property.

On the hindsight, the average investors only know how to buy property because almost everyone own a HDB flat to start with.

Agree that property going forward should only be part of your investment portfolio diversification. It is unwise to buy property now (in fact since 2011) and hoping for the best.
    Hope you made a windfall as most of the bonds prices shoot up recently, I bought nol bond at junk price and it shoot up quite a lot and still waiting for otto marine ( 79 ) to redeem in AUG . Since the prices are stabilized the gain are flat now. I guess should wait for stock opportunity in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Hope you made a windfall as most of the bonds prices shoot up recently, I bought nol bond at junk price and it shoot up quite a lot and still waiting for otto marine ( 79 ) to redeem in AUG . Since the prices are stabilized the gain are flat now. I guess should wait for stock opportunity in June.

I am an investor rather than a trader. I switched to bonds in 2011 to preserve wealth rather than to create wealth. Hence, I invest only in investment grade bonds and not junk bonds. Investment grade bonds usually are very stable and investors are mostly looking for coupon payment. Because prices are very stable for investment grade bonds, one could sell them anytime if we need the money to switch to other instrument like property when the market ready to enter.

I do not believe like many others here that anytime is a good time to invest in property nor do I believe that as long as bank is willing to lent, I will buy more. This strategy only works in the 80s' and 90s' when our GDP was double digit or high single digit. Going forward, buying property in Singapore is like investing in stock; understand the market and know when to enter and exit the market. It may be difficult to predict or time the market but as long as you are not greedy and do not aim to buy at the lowest and sell at the highest, you should be doing well in your investment.

For example in late 2011, many people who plan to sell for a profit missed the opportunity to sell because they wanted to wait for prices to go up even higher and found themselves still holding on to their assets today.

On the other side, many late entry investors due to greed still went on to buy in late 2011 and these people now find themselves stuck with an inflated asset.

If you are in the market for wealth creation, one should not be too greedy and hoping to buy at the lowest and sell at the highest. Take profit if you think the price is peaking and not wait till price is at the peak because you cannot know when is the peak but you know when it is peaking.

GREED kills!

I disagree categorically that it's all about greed.

Property was and is the most defensive class of asset.

No regrets switching over to it. In fact, I wonder why people still don't see it after so many years. Personally I am having such a great time!

It's never about timing.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Can Never make me trade paper money(IOU) for another type of paper money(Bond) https://secure.fundsupermart.com/mai...o/sgsIntro.tpl.

Still believe in the good old way of using other people money(Cash, Deposit) to buy property(can touch and feel).

If Bank can lend me Money (electronic money key into their computer system), I will still buy property. The government doesn't create money, Bank do. That is the reason why MAS need to create 8 control measure to stop the Bank from creating too much money.

Have always think the Bank loan money from the deposit and never in my mind they just need to key into their computer system and money is created. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsrtB5lp60s

Who print my money, your guess is as good as mine. http://www.tradingeconomics.com/sing...oney-supply-m3

The fund management industry also flourished, growing from just over SGD150 billion in 1998 to nearly SGD1.4 trillion in assets under management in 2010.

http://www.sgs.gov.sg/Publications/~...Guide_2012.pdf

Property price can only become cheaper with all the created money running around looking for a place to park.

Southbank 2 Bedroom SGD 535,000 in 2006, SGD 1,550,000 in 2010. The Same piece of land, the same piece of building, did the property price increase or the money depreciate.

Was away from Singapore for the last 8 years 8 month, ask my colleague and friend did they see what I saw, most of them look lost.

Let hope the NOL 4.25% due 2017 & 4.4% due 2019 change of control is triggered. Another 1.5% increase.
    Bought NOL 2017 @98.5. Wanted to add 1 more lot when price dropped 92 but was advised not to due to concentration risk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if the Issuer does not elect to redeem the Notes within 60 days of the occurrence of such Change of Control in accordance with Condition 60) the then prevailing Rate of Interest applicable to the Notes shall be increased by 1.5 per
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply, I've bought nol 4.4 at 85 and sold on wed at 93. Are short term local bonds ( 1 to 2 years) and selling at distress price (below 90)worth the bet? But of course majority are related to O&G. Nevertheless I still believe properties investment is for long term. Properties can never vanish but corp can close shop overnight.
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-05-16 at 22:14.

I disagree categorically that it's all about greed.

Property was and is the most defensive class of asset.

No regrets switching over to it. In fact, I wonder why people still don't see it after so many years. Personally I am having such a great time!

It's never about timing.

bro

only applies to Singapore , HK , ...

not everywhere ...

in many other countries, the prices stay the same, maybe inched up a couple of 10k's after several years ....

Most cities' property prices shoot up in recent years and definitely in long term not just SG and HK. I just can't bring myself to invest in today prices.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    bro

only applies to Singapore , HK , ...

not everywhere ...

in many other countries, the prices stay the same, maybe inched up a couple of 10k's after several years ....
    That's why it's not about greed. It's defensive.

Actually price should go down with time, why should price stay or go up as property ages?

Anyway, I still don't have the patience to buy bonds yet but I am trying to learn. Gotta learn some more from the experts here.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Don't dispute property for long term , defensive and wealth preservation. What r u gotta do with excess cash? Bonds and stocks should be next option. I used to buy and keep bonds and stocks for longer time frame. But last few years I found trading a lot fastest to gain. There r a lot chances blue chips and good bonds sold at distress prices, just wait for opportunity. Few times within a year.

Thanks for the reply, I've bought nol 4.4 at 85 and sold on wed at 93. Are short term local bonds ( 1 to 2 years) and selling at distress price (below 90)worth the bet? But of course majority are related to O&G. Nevertheless I still believe properties investment is for long term. Properties can never vanish but corp can close shop overnight.
    More than $25k profit within a few month.
    FYI, the NOL 4.25% LTV is 70%. Cash needed is only $75k. With leverage, est 14% return for holding est 1 yr.

I am taking calculated risk to buy junk bond China HNA 7% due 31Mar2017 Corp SGD @100. Short dated junk bond. A few Banks gives LTV 75%. But no seller in the mkt unless you are willing to Q at higher than 100.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

UOB Perp Bond (as early as today)

Bond Issuer United Overseas Bank Limited
    Guarantor -
    Price Guidance 4.25% ARea
    Tenor 33.02
    Bond Currency SGD
    Annual Coupon Frequency Semi Annually
    Coupon Type Variable
    Bond Registration Wholesale
    Issue Size SGD Benchmark
    Bond Type Corporate
    Bond Sector Financials
    Bond Sub Sector Banks
    Minimum Investment Quantity (Nominal) SGD 250,000
    Incremental Quantity (Nominal) SGD 250,000
    Bond Credit Rating (Moody's / S&P/ Fitch) A3/N.R/BBB
    Issuer Credit Rating (Moody's / S&P/ Fitch) Aa1/AA-/AA-
    Seniority Subordinated
    Exchange Listed SGX

VARIABLE COUPON

Reset Rate = 5Y SGD SOR + Initial Margin
    Reset Date = First Call date & every 5y thereafter

CALLABLE

At first call date in year 5 and any distribution payment date thereafter, subject to regulatory approval

DEFERRABLE INTEREST PAYMENT

Non –Cumulative, Dividend Stopper

LOSS ABSORPTION

Earlier of the regulator notifying the Issuer in writing (i) that a write-off is necessary or (ii) of its decision to make a public sector injection of capital or equivalent support, (in each case) without which the Issuer would become non-viable.

WRITE DOWN (PARTIAL ALLOWED):
    (i) Upon occurrence of a Loss Absorption Event, cancellation of the accrued distributions and if insufficient, permanent write-down (partial or in full) of the prevailing principal amount
    (ii) Write-down amount is ascertained by the Issuer (and the Regulator is satisfied) such that the amount written-off will be sufficient to ensure that the Issuer ceases to be non-viable
    (iii) Write-down pro rata with other Parity Tier 1 instruments that include loss absorption features

Soc Gen SA 4.5% 10 yrs (as early as today)

Bond Issuer Societe Generale SA
    Guarantor -
    Price Guidance 4.5% Area
    Tenor 10.00
    Bond Currency SGD
    Coupon Type Variable
    Issue Size SGD Benchmark
    Bond Type Corporate
    Bond Sector Financials
    Bond Sub Sector Banks
    Bond Credit Rating (Moody's / S&P/ Fitch) Baa3/BBB/A-
    Issuer Credit Rating (Moody's / S&P/ Fitch) A2/A/A
    Seniority Subordinated
    Exchange Listed SGX
    VARIABLE COUPON

Reset Rate: 5Y SGD SOR + Initial Margin
    Reset Date: May 2021

CALLABLE

Expected Call Date: Year 5

LOSS ABSORPTION

UOB Perp Bond (as early as today)

Bond Issuer United Overseas Bank Limited
    Guarantor -
    Price Guidance 4.25% ARea
    Tenor 33.02
    Bond Currency SGD
    Coupon Type Variable
    Issue Size SGD Benchmark
    Bond Type Corporate
    Bond Sector Financials
    Bond Sub Sector Banks
    Bond Credit Rating (Moody's / S&P/ Fitch) A3/N.R/BBB
    Issuer Credit Rating (Moody's / S&P/ Fitch) Aa1/AA-/AA-
    Seniority Subordinated
    Exchange Listed SGX

VARIABLE COUPON

Reset Rate = 5Y SGD SOR + Initial Margin
    Reset Date = First Call date & every 5y thereafter

CALLABLE

At first call date in year 5 and any distribution payment date thereafter, subject to regulatory approval

DEFERRABLE INTEREST PAYMENT

Non –Cumulative, Dividend Stopper

LOSS ABSORPTION

Earlier of the regulator notifying the Issuer in writing (i) that a write-off is necessary or (ii) of its decision to make a public sector injection of capital or equivalent support, (in each case) without which the Issuer would become non-viable.

WRITE DOWN (PARTIAL ALLOWED):
    (i) Upon occurrence of a Loss Absorption Event, cancellation of the accrued distributions and if insufficient, permanent write-down (partial or in full) of the prevailing principal amount
    (ii) Write-down amount is ascertained by the Issuer (and the Regulator is satisfied) such that the amount written-off will be sufficient to ensure that the Issuer ceases to be non-viable
    (iii) Write-down pro rata with other Parity Tier 1 instruments that include loss absorption features

Hi Bro Leed

How to buy this Bond? Safe to buy...?

Bro CBSH, whats your view?

Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post
    Hi Bro Leed

Bank perp with coco bond fixture (lost absorption) is Risk level 5 - highest risk.
    Not for holding long term. It is more for trading.

The just recent ABNANV (ABN bank) 4.750% 01Apr2026 Corp (SGD) IPO on Apr 16.
    After 1 mth + , The price to sell around 1.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post
    Hi Bro Leed

Most local retail buyers buy corporate bonds through bank either as private or priority clients. For IPO, most good bonds are reserved for private clients.

CBSH, correct me if I am wrong, this UOB Perp is not the usual European bank's coco bond. It is non-coco but with lost absorption through principal reduction.

Most local retail buyers buy corporate bonds through bank either as private or priority clients. For IPO, most good bonds are reserved for private clients.

CBSH, correct me if I am wrong, this UOB Perp is not the usual European bank's coco bond. It is non-coco but with lost absorption through principal reduction.
    According to the RM. as long as it comes with loss absorption features. It is considered a Coco. As for the not the usual European
    bank coco bond. I am not sure & U need to ask your RM.

Deal size is S$750m. Final books were in excess of S$2.4B. I did not apply as the borrowing cost in SGD is too expensive.
    Around 2.3 to 2.5%. Used to be 1.1% to 1.3% for SGD loan b4 2015.