Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCST powers

Default MCST powers

Just wanted to know what the MCST can do to me if I refuse to abide by the regulations? I already received an advisory not to wash my cars at non-designated carpark lots.

The maid is using sponge and non-soapy water to clean and there is no splashing of all the water onto the car. Of course, after cleaning you will expect a puddle of water (which might caused safety hazard).

Now, the strange thing is... every night... a commercial cleaner will come in and wash all the cars at NON-DESIGNATED carpark lots and leave the same puddle of water. The water will not evaporate overnight, it stays till afternoon. But no mention of advisory to residents not to use the commercial cleaner.

Next monday is the MCST Meeting, do you think I can asked about this?

If I don't get a satisfactory answer, i don't want to abide by the rules and I want to know what they can do with me.

Ok.. floor is open... my ranting ends.. >

Take video or photo as proof of the commercial cleaner deed... else your word against many others in the mcst.

Did you check with the other owners who engage the commercial cleaner, whether they also received the advisory? If so, then mcst just doing their job.

Last time, my condo used to have people washing at the non-designated area inside the covered carpark, lots of complain from the residents because it spoilt our car park paint and so need to use our sinking fund to re-paint it. One day, my husband came back and parked at the slot where there was already a pool of water, next morning, somebody left a piece of note on the front screen and scolded vulgar words. My husband got blame for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Just wanted to know what the MCST can do to me if I refuse to abide by the regulations? I already received an advisory not to wash my cars at non-designated carpark lots.

The maid is using sponge and non-soapy water to clean and there is no splashing of all the water onto the car. Of course, after cleaning you will expect a puddle of water (which might caused safety hazard).

Now, the strange thing is... every night... a commercial cleaner will come in and wash all the cars at NON-DESIGNATED carpark lots and leave the same puddle of water. The water will not evaporate overnight, it stays till afternoon. But no mention of advisory to residents not to use the commercial cleaner.

If I don't get a satisfactory answer, i don't want to abide by the rules and I want to know what they can do with me.

Probably they can bring you to court if they want to, on certain regulations being violated? Since it is a hussle, guess they will only do it as a last resort in case you create more 'problem' for them as a resident?

Forget it...part & parcel of strata living.

Non designated lot is usually for emergency vehicle.

The commercial cleaner in my condo hardly wet the floor.
    All residents are well behaved to move their cars to the washing bays.
    We have put in quite a bit of efforts to have these done up.

yes laguna is right. those comm cleaner just wipe the cars. becos they do it almost everyday.

yes bro, listen to the advice of the brothers here. take photo as proof and also how ur maid wash the car. this is a very simple matter with iphones these days. then use a brush to brush the "poodles" away.

then ask nicely at the MCST meeting. MCSTs are getting very ya ya nowsaday by ignoring my emails. TIME TO AUDIT THEM TOO.. dun say i never say here har.....

Thanks.

But the commercial vendor leaves as big a puddle as many residents who are washing their own cars.

Anyway, I will asked them to ban the commercial vendor or request the owners of the cars to move to the DESIGNATED Washing bay as well.

We are not talking about hosing the car with water. We are both using sponge and pail. My maid wipes the car everyday as well.

Show proof? Will do that.. maybe later tonight.. must go catch the vendor in action.

Sianz.. now must wait for landed price to come down and i can get a landed. Then the problem becomes carparking...keke

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    Forget it...part & parcel of strata living.

Non designated lot is usually for emergency vehicle.
    No no.. they say DESIGNATED Lot of carwashing.
    The others are all non-designated lots. Not the emergency vehicle designated lots.

Other ppl commit a crime and that does not mean that u can commit as well.
    U can voiced to the MA and at the same u should relook at your .For a start, we should be civic minded.

if you bath/wash/shit , u do it in the in bath room or in toilet, right and that is common sense. All the dirt will eventually be wash down and dirty the entire place. We do the thing at the designated place, simple as that.

Frankly, if i am you, i would not be even dare to tell my 'crime' here to begin with.

There are more implication then just dirty the place or spoil the paint ..

Apologies, if i sound direct..

focus, see what they wrote to you and u just comply or ask them to to provide a solution to your problem (if common one). no point fighting, they are ur neighbours...

This was put up for voting at my condo's AGM once but the motion was thrown out. Simply because the ground gets wet when it is raining, as you pointed out the commercial car washer wets the ground after washing and the residents with domestic helpers don't want to move their cars to the designated spot for washing.

Focus, try to solve it as amicably as you can, cos if I did not remember incorrectly, domestic helpers are not supposed to wash cars and it might work against you if you make the matter big.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Simply because the ground gets wet when it is raining
    Brilliant. This is the only thing you need to say. Heck, you don't need to admit that your maid washed your car. Just point out that your car gets wet after you drive in from a heavy downpour and so your wet car naturally makes the parking spot wet too. What are they going to do, complain to the weatherman?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Focus, try to solve it as amicably as you can, cos if I did not remember incorrectly, domestic helpers are not supposed to wash cars and it might work against you if you make the matter big.
    It's true. Domestic helpers are not supposed to wash your car.

Thanks all. I'm just pissed at the logic behind the decision.
    If u think its safety hazard and dirty the floor, please make the same judgement against the commercial cleaner.

Will ask them to explain why they allowed the commercial cleaner to continue without issuing warnings.

Thanks all. I'm just pissed at the logic behind the decision.
    If u think its safety hazard and dirty the floor, please make the same judgement against the commercial cleaner.

Will ask them to explain why they allowed the commercial cleaner to continue without issuing warnings.
    Or you can get signatures from residents who agree with you and make the mcst hold an EOGM on the matter.

just to share on the matter subject which happened to my neighbor few years back..

One of the resident always asked the maid to wash the car as if like wash bay, the entire few bays always wetted and the washing was every day without fail. . We did highlighted to MA and MA also taken action to issue notices to them ,,To complicate the matter, the MA also got engage commercial washer...and very similar with this case as the TS mentioned. so this chap simply bo chap....

One neighbor living at the same level with me, in fact we knew each other pretty well. What happen was his 7 months pregnant wife slipped and fall as the result of wetted floor in the car park...and had a early premature delivery....

eventually he sued both the MA and the resident for Tort...what i understand from him was that the MA and the resident played each other backsides deep deep during the hearing..MA trying to prove that they had done diligently by issuing warning letters and the other chap insisted it was wetted by the commercial washer and y commercial washer was allowed(not relevant to the case/...)

my neighbor got his compensation but i did not asked further details, eg from who...as it was settle out of court and all parties signed a nondisclosure clauses agreement on the subject matter ..but from the annual report, i did not see any fee being deducted from the fund which i believed it was paid out by the resident ....

all in all, the condo manager resign, and new manager take over and resign..The resident also stopped washing, but not the entire condo..there are still many wash at their carpark lot..now commercial washer stop the service which i believe it is only fair....and the security guard very on just to issue warning letters...During one AGM proposed to wheel clamp the car was unfortunately did not pass thru.

we have to be responsible ...end of the day, if you want to shit, u go to designated place called toilet.. and vice versa...
    Last edited by zzz1; 14-10-12 at 02:46.

pregnant mummy fall very dangerous. hope the baby's well.

Don't understand why need to wash car. Over here in France the rain and snow will clean the car and the pollen will powder it during spring and summer the spider will make their web on the side mirror to catch the insect.

Last edited by Arcachon; 14-10-12 at 03:24.

I think develop further civic-mindedness by having empathy and considering others.

Sometimes we just dont think far enough about implications of our actions.

If an accident happened, then everyone starts to feel guilty about things which can be prevented to start with.

Might never get over your conscience.

Do not point at anyone else. Civic mindedness starts from within.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    pregnant mummy fall very dangerous. hope the baby's well.

yea...Lucky, the kid now is doing very well, chinese called it the 7th Month Star kid..very bright and intelligent..

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Don't understand why need to wash car. Over here in France the rain and snow will clean the car and the pollen will powder it during spring and summer the spider will make their web on the side mirror to catch the insect.

nice pic....
    the last time Europe was affected by Volcanic ash , this place was affected?

For those stay in condo setup, need to have more thoughts
    1. this is a community living, more gives and less take, then everyone will be happier
    2. members of MCST are not paid, they are working hard for the condo SPs. We shall have full understanding and support to them.

I fully respect the members of my MCST members, they are so so so committed, it is not only they are not paid for their time and efforts, they come out with money to buy meals for those staff work overtime. It is not once, but always. There are tons of unpleasants they took from the SPs, most of the time are uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    For those stay in condo setup, need to have more thoughts
    1. this is a community living, more gives and less take, then everyone will be happier
    2. members of MCST are not paid, they are working hard for the condo SPs. We shall have full understanding and support to them.

I fully respect the members of my MCST members, they are so so so committed, it is not only they are not paid for their time and efforts, they come out with money to buy meals for those staff work overtime. It is not once, but always. There are tons of unpleasants they took from the SPs, most of the time are uncalled for.
    nice MCST u got there

regarding ur concern in ur other thread. u made the right choice for ur kids la, dun worry abt it

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    If an accident happened, then everyone starts to feel guilty about things which can be prevented to start with.

Might never get over your conscience.

Do not point at anyone else. Civic mindedness starts from within.
    yea..certain thing can not be reversed and is too late and too little can be done.

indeed...civic initiated within...

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    nice MCST u got there

regarding ur concern in ur other thread. u made the right choice for ur kids la, dun worry abt it
    how come i say so, brother laguna? and I put this reply here instead so as not to offend any sensitive brother here

U see, many society in Europe made the wrong choice by believing kids should be totally independent. and the resulting gap between the rich and the poor hence widened and they blame it on this gap. actually, the issue is not the rich/poor gap. The issue is whether u can lift the poor in the society overall.

back in the 1980s, Singapore got no problem with the rich going full speed ahead. so the gap is not a problem, how so? because in the process, the poor were lifted to another level as well and everyone started to enter the middle class. The rich/poor gap was very wide then in relative terms to today's inflation.for example, my grandmother a centa-millionaire then, but in today's term she can be called a billionaire, tio bo ????

Fast forward to now. You have a responsibility to help your kids enter a new level, and by helping them to acquire an asset, you are taking part like many Asian parents to lift another level of society overall.

The society in the West made the grave mistake of amplifying the rich/poor gap which is not the real problem. The real problem is how to lift everyone up to a better and higher standing in the process.
    I thought that is the main concern of our young here, dun you agree? The affordability of buying new homes and not the rich/poor gap? Tio bo? Correct or not?

As an Asian parent, you have a responsibilty to help your kids reach a higher level, may it via finance if you can afford it or via more intrinstic manner like character building and education if you can't.

Good Luck.

Bro BJ21T : yes, u got me. APPRECIATED.

Building up the value of children is early part of their education.
    Building up their wealth is middle part of the education
    Building up how to manage and grow their wealth and value is final part of my resposibility as parent.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    yea...Lucky, the kid now is doing very well, chinese called it the 7th Month Star kid..very bright and intelligent..
    So can the parties who were sued ask for the money back ?
    Since they helped the kid to be a star kid?