Thread: CMs is good for property investors

Default CMs is good for property investors

I have come to a conclusion the more cooling measures government introduce, the more valuable will be Singapore property because CMs are just as good as hibernating catalysts that which could immediately ignite the growth of property prices.

If Singapore property is not what its worth, the property price should have already crash long time ago.

just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    I have come to a conclusion the more cooling measures government introduce, the more valuable will be Singapore property because CMs are just as good as hibernating catalysts that which could immediately ignite the growth of property prices.

If Singapore property is not what its worth, the property price should have already crash long time ago.

just a thought
    CMs good for picking good deals from kancheong spiders. Everytime a CM comes out... prices are more negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    CMs good for picking good deals from kancheong spiders. Everytime a CM comes out... prices are more negotiable.
    pocket of good deals will always be there regardless of CM or not. What I am saying is that in general, CMs are further validation for the value of Singapore property.

Smile Blue-chip

Good point is that the CMs weed out the marginal investors.

Better for the long run. Better for everyone.

Avoid the wild swings. Now Singapore property is like super blue-chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    Good point is that the CMs weed out the marginal investors.

Better for the long run. Better for everyone.

Avoid the wild swings. Now Singapore property is like super blue-chip.
    i think buying investment property will eventually be like buying Jardine shares where only the deep pocket investor will bother to play. Which IMO, is good for long term stability.

CM good only if you have ammo to keep buying.

With every CM, your ability to buy is reduced. At the rate it's going, do you think people will scramble to buy before the next one comes?

Very bullish hor...
    From this forum... what i've been seeing is ... :-
    1) No CMs, Time to buy coz Property market chiong like no tomorrow ,.. huat ah..
    2) Got CMs, Time to buy coz Property market will become very stable and anytime CM is removed, property market chiong ah.. huat ah..

Got any scenario where property will not chiong? So now we only wait for crisis ... if not, every CMs or no CMs .. it is chiong ah.. Is this the prevailing sentiments?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    With every CM, your ability to buy is reduced. At the rate it's going, do you think people will scramble to buy before the next one comes?
    We've probably come to that, hence people are stilling visiting the showroom the day after the latest CM was announced. It only helps for people who have $10m liquid cash. Then they will celebrate every time a new CM is anniunced. But even then, that $10m will run out pretty quickly if it's spent on big ticket homes.

Fear of additonal CMs could make buyers behave irrationally.

Singaporean is really cash rich.

Because they dare not punt the stock market liao.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Because they dare not punt the stock market liao.
    I thought that one of the main sources of "cash" is from punting on the stock market. When they make enough from the stock market for the deposit then they put it into property for the leverage effect.

Don't underestimate the Singaporeans. They can be pretty gung-ho when it comes to investments.

I thought that one of the main sources of "cash" is from punting on the stock market. When they make enough from the stock market for the deposit then they put it into property for the leverage effect.

Don't underestimate the Singaporeans. They can be pretty gung-ho when it comes to investments.
    The past 24mths hasn't been very conducive for punting the stock market. I've seen many people shy away from it. These were bulk of savings where in yesteryears they would have been actively deployed in stocks.

When it comes to gung ho we can't hold a candle to hkers, auntie memorise stock quotes and play warrants. I bet some of our younger members here don't even know the mechanics behind the warrants.

Those HKers aunties brains are trained by years of playing mah jong at super fast pace with aggressive opponents (aka their equally mentally agile kakis)?

The past 24mths hasn't been very conducive for punting the stock market. I've seen many people shy away from it. These were bulk of savings where in yesteryears they would have been actively deployed in stocks.
    You could be right there. Financial advisers have been spotted recently breaking out the champagne for record sales of high yielding bond funds. Apparently these have done very well recently.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Singaporean is really cash rich.
    Can see that from the type of cars some buy.
    Some of my neighbours change to flashy cars recently.
    Don't know how they can bear to spend that kind of money!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    why not? life is short!
    if u can afford it,go for it..
    afterall,u cant bring it along with u to the next world..

kenna priced out from buying another property.

My partner has said that if he has the money to buy a flashy car, he would rather put it towards buying another property instead. As car is a depreciating asset. Anyway those cars are somewhat wasted on Singapore's roads. They can't really go fast for long distances. They are very noisy and they are super uncomfortable to get in and out of.

You could be right there. Financial advisers have been spotted recently breaking out the champagne for record sales of high yielding bond funds. Apparently these have done very well recently.
    bond funds has done reasonably well in the last 10 years.

equity funds have been a real roller coaster.

kenna priced out from buying another property.
    That's what I thought so too .

Smile I Agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

just a thought
    That is true, after the cooling measure came out, more and more people are still buying. Because all of them are so fearful that if they dont buy now, they cannot afford to buy in the future.

That's what I thought so too .
    You can't buy a decent pad with 200k but you can certainly downpay for a bm 5series.

You can't buy a decent pad with 200k but you can certainly downpay for a bm 5series.
    Bachelor pad a.k.a MM is stillll possible

Not sexy enough maybe if you have a MM make out pad but no slick car to go with it?