Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I love my Bank.

I have only just gotten more interested in property and alas the game seems to be over. I read Q&A from property guru site and alot more from this forum for many of my unposted questions. I am learning bit by bit and saving little by little for that ticket on the next boat. Wonder how long i have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro, I don't need equity loan. My problem is trying to make my spare cash work man. But I was looking at it for 1 reason. Now I tell u. U don't laugh.

Example I have 500k cash. I want to buy 5 year or 10 year bond. I scared interest rate go up after 3 year and higher then bond return. Then I siong right.

So equity loan @1.5% say example. Bond 4%.
    I put the loan in deposit and get 1%. I can get, but don't ask me how ok.
    I use my 500k put in bond at 4%.
    Total earned 5%.
    Net earned = 5-1.5 = 3.5%.

Interest rate on equity loan shoot up to a life
    I feel not worth it, I take out deposit and pay back the loan. So net still 4% per annum. Right.
    if interest rate goes up, bond value will drop, u just need to hold till maturity, every yr earn 4%.

why do u need to take equity loan and yet end up with net 3.5%? curious.....

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Just had a can of baked beans for lunch.
    Although it was simple, it was delicious and best of all it is low in calories. It has low glycemic index which makes you fuller for a longer time and high in fibre. And it is cheap.

If only housing and cars in Singapore were like that too .............
    too much FLATULENCE

Quote Originally Posted by august
    if interest rate goes up, bond value will drop, u just need to hold till maturity, every yr earn 4%.

why do u need to take equity loan and yet end up with net 3.5%? curious.....
    For me, I like to think out of the box. You see. This is like insurance. You pay 0.5% so let the some one else earn it. But what you have is "ready cash" for emergency. If the market corrects for any reason, you can enter - be it stocks or properties, etc... If you cannot find anything worthwhile, then use the money to repay back. Of course a long the way, you should save every month to accumulate more wealth.

When market tanks, the bank may think twice about lending you as well. So you have ready cash anytime you need. In the event the bond prices drop in the open market, you may not want to liquidate it to jump into something else right?

Typing is so difficult to express what I feel because there are so many variables at play. And you will come back and state another variable. I am not saying it to ask you to stop asking - please do not misunderstand. When I share my strategies with people, just a simple topic takes a few hrs because they start throwing all the variables at me and I need to share with them what to do. I do hope you understand what i mean.
    Feel free to pop any question, when I am free, I will definitely try to answer. Today is a very unsual day as I decided to take a break and rest my mind from work.

Well! Have learnt a lot today. Risk vs return is just too high these days. Requires lots of research before making decision.
    For me, I like to think out of the box. You see. This is like insurance. You pay 0.5% so let the some one else earn it. But what you have is "ready cash" for emergency. If the market corrects for any reason, you can enter - be it stocks or properties, etc... If you cannot find anything worthwhile, then use the money to repay back. Of course a long the way, you should save every month to accumulate more wealth.

When market tanks, the bank may think twice about lending you as well. So you have ready cash anytime you need. In the event the bond prices drop in the open market, you may not want to liquidate it to jump into something else right?

Typing is so difficult to express what I feel because there are so many variables at play. And you will come back and state another variable. I am not saying it to ask you to stop asking - please do not misunderstand. When I share my strategies with people, just a simple topic takes a few hrs because they start throwing all the variables at me and I need to share with them what to do. I do hope you understand what i mean.
    Feel free to pop any question, when I am free, I will definitely try to answer. Today is a very unsual day as I decided to take a break and rest my mind from work.

Not to discredit other posts which are also good (some), but this has got to be one of the best threads in the forum in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Well! Have learnt a lot today. Risk vs return is just too high these days. Requires lots of research before making decision.
    Bro, my way of working does not work for everyone. The rule is to tailor it to suit your risk profile. You need to understand the type of person you are before entering into any financial instrument/investment.

I am just sharing but the individual needs to package it to suit his/her style. The best package is always to take from here, then take from there, and voila - new cheese cake.

And bro, I do research until my hair white. During lehman bro time, I told myself, this is alifetime opportunity. So I read on the great depression, what caused it, what turned it around. So I was expecting this to be long, then suddenly, QE came out. Gave me shock of my life.

This one you definitely understand. Do you know what is QE. It is a quick fix to a sickness via anti-biotics, given too often and too much. The body forms a resistance to it and ultimately, with the next bout, the person because so sick. I hope you get what the QE is going to do with the economy. So please prepare for this. When it is going to happen is anybodies guess. But with the next recession, it is going to be one HELL of a BIG.

Quote Originally Posted by condolisa
    I have only just gotten more interested in property and alas the game seems to be over. I read Q&A from property guru site and alot more from this forum for many of my unposted questions. I am learning bit by bit and saving little by little for that ticket on the next boat. Wonder how long i have to wait.
    Sis, never say it is over in anything. If you look long term, buy at lowest. sell at high(notice I did not say highest - how to tell?). If you have short term goal, the in and out.

See 1st one, Take bus from Jurong to Changi.

2nd one Take bus from East Coast and alight at Simei. Please alight before it reaches Changi OK.

Some Get on Jurong and drop off Clementi and then curse and swear.

So you need to look at the map, study the route. Know if there is a jam. Check frequency of bus. Know how to press the button. Many, many things if you want to take the bus - Correct.
    Now if you go property investment. It is not taking the bus OK. So you better read like crazy if not pray you have luck !!!!

My reading has not ended. It is continuous because we are living in a world where the the only thing consistent is "inconsistency".

I hope you understand my metaphor.

Chestnut, appreciate all your in depth sharing.

At this moment, are u a bear or bull on property?

Sounds like you r a bear but I read somewhere u just paid 15% to lawyer for another pty, or wad it you, didn't really read back. Hehe

Hope I m not imposing too much on u...

... and lots of luck and guts like Arcachon's

Quote Originally Posted by Werther

Sounds like you r a bear but I read somewhere u just paid 15% to lawyer for another pty, or wad it you, didn't really read back. Hehe

Chestnut is a squirrel

I was researching a lot just before Lehman and QE. Read books, websites and listen to experts. They are just deferring the pain. The world is much closer apart now than during the depression and information moves in milliseconds or faster. Politicians will not let the world fail. Must have a diversified portfolio.
    Bro, my way of working does not work for everyone. The rule is to tailor it to suit your risk profile. You need to understand the type of person you are before entering into any financial instrument/investment.

I am just sharing but the individual needs to package it to suit his/her style. The best package is always to take from here, then take from there, and voila - new cheese cake.

And bro, I do research until my hair white. During lehman bro time, I told myself, this is alifetime opportunity. So I read on the great depression, what caused it, what turned it around. So I was expecting this to be long, then suddenly, QE came out. Gave me shock of my life.

This one you definitely understand. Do you know what is QE. It is a quick fix to a sickness via anti-biotics, given too often and too much. The body forms a resistance to it and ultimately, with the next bout, the person because so sick. I hope you get what the QE is going to do with the economy. So please prepare for this. When it is going to happen is anybodies guess. But with the next recession, it is going to be one HELL of a BIG.

Quote Originally Posted by Werther

He is a bull, which can run very fast to the exit.

I was researching a lot just before Lehman and QE. Read books, websites and listen to experts. They are just deferring the pain. The world is much closer apart now than during the depression and information moves in milliseconds or faster. Politicians will not let the world fail. Must have a diversified portfolio.
    They are deferring pain. This I agree. But I believe the next recession will be big. Because of all this dose of anti biotics. I seriously hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    He is a bull, which can run very fast to the exit.
    Secretariat is right to an extend. My game plan is diff. I try my best to explain. Remember, this is as of now, things changes and u have to be quick to react.

Just about 2 month ago, I was a bear, signs were showing cracks. Then came ecb commitment to purchase govt bonds. This save euro. Then came qe3. Then came news of getting more foreigners to Singapore. All this showed potential gains. And with interest so low, it should show some gains. Wich is why the govt came out with new cm.howlong this will last is anybody's guess. Yes I did buy 1 more. But bear in mind, even if I don't sell, I still can ride it and collect rental.

In the event price go up and I see cracks, I can easily sell 1 of my other units. This is my exit route, so for the unit I bot, I will not sell and thus not incur SSD.

I am looking at it from and investment standpoint as I believe in ups and downs of the cycle. But u must be prepared for a black swan. And if it happens and there is no way you can ride it, please think twice.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Up interest of loan to 4pc, see that 1.8m loan causing stress or not
    Sweat if 4%

They are deferring pain. This I agree. But I believe the next recession will be big. Because of all this dose of anti biotics. I seriously hope I am wrong.
    Bro, can u remember 97 crisis and what IMF did to Asia? To get the loan, the country must go on austerity mode. That's wat made Asia stronger.

But with the caucasian countries, they cannot take the pain, thus printing of money occurs. So wat do think will happen?

Another point, google when are Greece next repayment, especially big sums, the market tends to shake whenever payment due.

Secretariat is right to an extend. My game plan is diff. I try my best to explain. Remember, this is as of now, things changes and u have to be quick to react.

Just about 2 month ago, I was a bear, signs were showing cracks. Then came ecb commitment to purchase govt bonds. This save euro. Then came qe3. Then came news of getting more foreigners to Singapore. All this showed potential gains. And with interest so low, it should show some gains. Wich is why the govt came out with new cm.howlong this will last is anybody's guess. Yes I did buy 1 more. But bear in mind, even if I don't sell, I still can ride it and collect rental.

In the event price go up and I see cracks, I can easily sell 1 of my other units. This is my exit route, so for the unit I bot, I will not sell and thus not incur SSD.

I am looking at it from and investment standpoint as I believe in ups and downs of the cycle. But u must be prepared for a black swan. And if it happens and there is no way you can ride it, please think twice.

Hope it helps.
    Thank you bro for the insight.

Everyone has his own view of the world economy. In my view, I see hyper-inflation as the goal of the central bankers, not for a sustained period but nonetheless a time for it to evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretariat
    Thank you bro for the insight.

Everyone has his own view of the world economy. In my view, I see hyper-inflation as the goal of the central bankers, not for a sustained period but nonetheless a time for it to evolve.
    I agree with the inflation part. Another few key dates are repayment from Greece. Noticed, every time come repayment of huge amount, fear of default comes around and stocks get shaken. But with ecb commitments to loan, this problem may go away. So the issues I face today is, things keep happening and changing. The market is so damn dynamic. I am definitely more confident about the future compared w 2 to 3 month ago.

About a few months ago, I was in Shenzhen and the factory orders were way down. But things have started to pick up again. I do have certain advantages to insights then most people. But I really cannot predict accurately. Why, because when it is about to crack, the govt may throw another life jacket out.

Hope you understand my predicament and dilemma.

Cheers

Cheers
    Oh, I thought that your plan or positioning is sensible...

I agree with the inflation part. Another few key dates are repayment from Greece. Noticed, every time come repayment of huge amount, fear of default comes around and stocks get shaken. But with ecb commitments to loan, this problem may go away. So the issues I face today is, things keep happening and changing. The market is so damn dynamic. I am definitely more confident about the future compared w 2 to 3 month ago.

Cheers
    Don't be surprised that if Grrece indeed defaults, the markets rally big time.

Lots of write down done in these 2 years, and the GDP of Greece is like USD300 bil? In another 5 years, the world can forget about PIGS economy.

You are right. We are all in a raft with holes Whenever there is a QE injection, some of the holes got plug and slightly inflated with air. However, there are other holes getting bigger. What do think of sinking raft with numerous holes?

About a few months ago, I was in Shenzhen and the factory orders were way down. But things have started to pick up again. I do have certain advantages to insights then most people. But I really cannot predict accurately. Why, because when it is about to crack, the govt may throw another life jacket out.

Cheers

You are right. We are all in a raft with holes Whenever there is a QE injection, some of the holes got plug and slightly inflated with air. However, there are other holes getting bigger. What do think of sinking raft with numerous holes?
    Agree. That's why whenever there is QE, I try to participate and earn some kopi money.