Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got a feeling Next CM will be from HDB...

Default Got a feeling Next CM will be from HDB...

Hmmm...so far HDB has been quite i got a feeling they will come out some pattern...

Maybe restrict dual ownership of hdb and private...no more renting hdb flats...dunno le....nowadays look like got so many obstacles to buying property...

Price will collapse if so. Any new rules will be calibrated.

i think it will be for industrial instead
    I am rich in debts...

remember KBW say they gonna do something about singles and HDB? soon

Quote Originally Posted by price
    remember KBW say they gonna do something about singles and HDB? soon
    u single...

Already tightened right?

Nowadays not so easy to rent out anymore... I personally know 3 people who bought and then got posted overseas still within MOP.. Last time they could just apply for permission to rent out.. Now cannot anymore... HDB would rather you keep it vacant!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyhead
    Already tightened right?

Nowadays not so easy to rent out anymore... I personally know 3 people who bought and then got posted overseas still within MOP.. Last time they could just apply for permission to rent out.. Now cannot anymore... HDB would rather you keep it vacant!
    i thought CONFIRMEd if go overseas can rent out..go see MP la...bang table

doing something for singles could create more demand for HDB and thereby causing prices to inch higher.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    doing something for singles could create more demand for HDB and thereby causing prices to inch higher.
    Wrong... more singles buy HDB private property will drop especially MMs

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    i thought CONFIRMEd if go overseas can rent out..go see MP la...bang table
    First couple: posted to US after 2 yrs of buying resale HdB... Allowed to rent out 2 years. Now the 2 years is up.. HDB say not likely to renew... And so the couple submitting appeal.. Some more the tenant is heavily pregnant and wants to stay on.

Second couple: bought BTO then one year later posted to Taiwan.. Rented out with permission for two years. After that HDB say cannot renew... After much appealing and table banging... The couple got the parents to move into their BTO, and then rent out the parents' HDB instead!

Third couple: bought BTO, then posted to US, rented out 3 years with permission. After that cannot renew.. So now just vacant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyhead
    First couple: posted to US after 2 yrs of buying resale HdB... Allowed to rent out 2 years. Now the 2 years is up.. HDB say not likely to renew... And so the couple submitting appeal.. Some more the tenant is heavily pregnant and wants to stay on.

Second couple: bought BTO then one year later posted to Taiwan.. Rented out with permission for two years. After that HDB say cannot renew... After much appealing and table banging... The couple got the parents to move into their BTO, and then rent out the parents' HDB instead!

Third couple: bought BTO, then posted to US, rented out 3 years with permission. After that cannot renew.. So now just vacant.
    oh ok now i understand...they cannot get renewal..hmm...nowadays not easy hdb also tightening...

Hmmm...so far HDB has been quite i got a feeling they will come out some pattern...

Maybe restrict dual ownership of hdb and private...no more renting hdb flats...dunno le....nowadays look like got so many obstacles to buying property...
    Dual ownership issue already tightened last year.

HDB rental tightening is unlikely, given the ageing tsunami caused by the post war baby boomers. Govt in fact prefers that these people monetise their largest asset, ie HDB, in any way possible (eg sale and lease back, rental income, moving to studios) so that these folks could remain self sufficient.

have the owners fulfilled their mop in each of these cases?

have the owners fulfilled their mop in each of these cases?
    Look like no.

Buyers will shot on sight. CM 10

Anyone got the statistic of the number of units HDB housing by age group?

Like:

40 to 50-years old = how many units
    30 to 40-years old = ? units
    :
    :

TIA!

Old retired Singaporean still staying in the HDB, rent out their other room / rooms to get income for living in this high inflation country also cannot meh?

People who suggest stop hdb rental no brain is ok, but whoever decide that this should happen, then they better be prepare to FO after next election.

Tightening so far is only for those still within MOP. After MOP you can do whatever.... No restrictions as yet... Apart from the latest CM which govern financing indirectly affecting HdB owners hoping to upgrade/invest in PC.

Oh ya.. Don't Forget the measures for PR owners wanting to let out fully MoP'd HDB? Nowadays also cannot liau.... Anyone got numbers to who the impact of that?

My brother got his new HDB flat and then he moved to Australia.
    HDB said he cannot let out his flat within the MOP because he went on his own accord.
    If he had been posted there by his company then he can write in to seek permission to let out his flat within the MOP.

Sign... Looks like all in a mess like that. One CM after another CM, no wonder people not scared, they are rushing to buy before another CM might hit them again.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Sign... Looks like all in a mess like that. One CM after another CM, no wonder people not scared, they are rushing to buy before another CM might hit them again.
    It is a vicious cycle.
    I think one of the solutions is to restrict the number of units each foreigner can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Dual ownership issue already tightened last year.

HDB rental tightening is unlikely, given the ageing tsunami caused by the post war baby boomers. Govt in fact prefers that these people monetise their largest asset, ie HDB, in any way possible (eg sale and lease back, rental income, moving to studios) so that these folks could remain self sufficient.
    Dilemma isn't it? Garmen must keep supplying tenants
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    It is a vicious cycle.
    I think one of the solutions is to restrict the number of units each foreigner can buy.
    Ya, actually PR owning an HDB flat should not be allowed to rent out, meant for their own stay only, why S'poreans also get affected. In that case, there's no difference between foreigners and S'porean liow.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Ya, actually PR owning an HDB flat should not be allowed to rent out, meant for their own stay only, why S'poreans also get affected. In that case, there's no difference between foreigners and S'porean liow.
    I think you meant no difference between PR and singaporean?
    If so, yes I agree with you.
    There should be more clear cut distinction in terms of home ownership and letting out of HDB between the 2.

i would dismiss any future CM as a farce. if HDB can sell a 4-room BTO for $750k, how can the authorities hit property prices when the bar has been raised high by themselves?

Isn't it nice, they compress the gap between public and private housing for the people to upgrade.

Here are the numbers (from The 2010-11 HDB annual report)

Number of dwelling units built since 1960:

1960-65. 53,777
    1966-70. 63,448
    1971-75. 110,362
    1975-80. 130,981
    1981-85. 189,299
    1986-90. 119,708
    1991-95. 98,994
    1996-00. 157,919
    2001-05. 55,135
    2006-10. 26,319

Total. 901,971

Of these, about 50,000 owned by PRs.

Isn't it nice, they compress the gap between public and private housing for the people to upgrade.
    why would the gap be compressed? if resale 4r flat costs $1m, how much would a LH 3BR condo resale unit, in the vicinity, go for?

$1.2m - i think not.
    $1.5m - not enticing for me
    $1.7m - i may consider the offer

So, 117,225 units more than 37 years-old.

Cannot use CPF to buy right?

The measures have been hitting the private housing more. Just need to see where are the 3 bed compacts trading at. Around $1m. You may not want to sell at that price and plan to sell at $1.7m but the rest seem to be doing that in the meantime.