Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst is over, The golden age is here

The 3 counters monitoring are marginally up at this moment

HLF, NQ and YELP

watching NUANCE

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    So many people are so wary, fearing about the tapering, thinking the worst is still to come when money printing ended, so stashing so much CASH in the banks, how to crash hah?

Well said... How to crash when there is no Euphoria... How to crash when no one is popping champagne.... How to crash when if there is a crash, a super hero will come along and switch on the printing machine.... How to crash when so many scared there will be a crash and waiting at the sideline.....

My biggest fear is when everyone say, THIS TIME IT IS DIFFERENT, THERE WILL NOT BE A CRASH.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

US and Europe not out of the woods, how to crash?????

Will there be inflation??? That should be the question....

And if there is, what will happen to your CASH

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Well said... How to crash when there is no Euphoria... How to crash when no one is popping champagne.... How to crash when if there is a crash, a super hero will come along and switch on the printing machine.... How to crash when so many scared there will be a crash and waiting at the sideline.....

My biggest fear is when everyone say, THIS TIME IT IS DIFFERENT, THERE WILL NOT BE A CRASH.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

US and Europe not out of the woods, how to crash?????

Will there be inflation??? That should be the question....

And if there is, what will happen to your CASH
    Bro chestnut

your NUAN
    waiting for px to break above the slanted white line (Breakout from down trend) and on another time frame for Blue to cross Green

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Bro chestnut

your NUAN
    waiting for px to break above the slanted white line (Breakout from down trend) and on another time frame for Blue to cross Green

Wah bro, u really technical man... All the candle stick I see until blur... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks bro... But I buy to keep one lar... This one long term... Hahahaha

Singapore preschool teacher salary = Taiwan X 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdIypiM_AdM

Money talks!!! More foreigners !!! Higher rental !!!
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Taiwan salary has been stagnant for the past 10 years😞

Bro Simi.... Stock rise Liao ar......

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101065020?__s...y+after+5-day+

Bro Simi.... Stock rise Liao ar......

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101065020?__s...y+after+5-day+

Brother chestnut

as posted yesterday....buying for a rebound

I still think corrections not over ...lets watch 1712 level

we got 5 micro down waves completed and these 5 micros could only be WAVE A and we could be in WAVE B now and WAVE C to complete the structure before heading for New High towards the end of this YEAR...

Monitoring fibo and resistance levels

Note : I could be wrong

only interpreting what the market is telling me
    To me Mr Market is always Correct but is me who interpret it wrongly
    if got it wrong

Brother chestnut

as posted yesterday....buying for a rebound

I still think corrections not over ...lets watch 1712 level

we got 5 micro down waves completed and these 5 micros could only be WAVE A and we could be in WAVE B now and WAVE C to complete the structure before heading for New High towards the end of this YEAR...

Monitoring fibo and resistance levels
    Wah... So cheem... I think next year after I retire I go and attend course on all this. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Cheers bro... I still old fashion... Buy and keep...

Wah... So cheem... I think next year after I retire I go and attend course on all this. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Cheers bro... I still old fashion... Buy and keep...

you don't anyhow buy and anyhow keep type

based on your postings you have done a lot of home work

cheers

oil approaching 100USD is good for stocks.... buy buy buy!!!

huat ah

Temasek set to reap $3-billion windfall from Alibaba IPO
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 27-09-13 at 09:12.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera View Post
    oil approaching 100USD is good for stocks.... buy buy buy!!!

huat ah

Temasek set to reap $3-billion windfall from Alibaba IPO

Will be watching the Budget Debate closely
    this will be another market mover

Brother chestnut

charting made simple

Nuan
    Look at the colored white, brown and blue (Circled) converged sometimes in September 2013 and White line below showing higher low

Now we also have a higher low and those colored line, white, brown and blue
    are also showing signs of a parabolic upward movement like in September.

The straight Green line is the resistance trend line and it was "broken" last night.

As trader it make sense to buy a bit and see if there is a Backtesting to the Green line and if it do and without going below and rebound from there...Add more.

The other scenario is If price continue to move upward and the 3 colored line converge...then add to the bit being bought previously and enjoy the ride

Bullish and Bearish scenario

Through the eye of a Trader

Nuan

It can afford to CRASH to 1650 and the UP trend is still intact

So

CRASH ARRGGGGGGGGG !!!

It can afford to CRASH to 1650 and the UP trend is still intact

So

CRASH ARRGGGGGGGGG !!!
    Bro, thanks for the analysis....

I think I better stick to my own method.... I just look at fundamentals and hints... And wait for the stock to go up say 50% and sell away 2/3.... hahahaha....

Done that during the crisis and now holding quite a fair bit of "free stocks" like Kepland, Citi, DDD, ssys, etc.....

Now i dabble a bit here and there... My risk appetite already drop as I now gearing for retirement... Hope I can tahan doing "FO"... Hahahahahaha

Now my goal is to travel on leisure vs traveling on company trips... Totally different... Hahahahahaha

I give my personal and honest view... US is so scared of taking pain... Look at 1997 - Asia financial crisis.... Every country in Asia was told to go on austerity drive... IMM aid will only be given if the country goes on austerity... Look at Lehman.... US just print.... They print their way out... See a total difference... Europe govt try to do austerity and get ousted out... The westerners cannot take pain... So if a double recession happens, you can imagine what they will do... The thing is when US and Europe recovers, we have to be careful... The funds will start flowing there... So bottomline... Make hay while the sun shines... Be a chipmunk and collect chestnuts during summer.... Hahahahahahahahaha

Brother

no don't be mistaken la

not trying to influence you by posting those charts

Just to show and share how Charts can help or assist in Trading
    (only some example)
    You are truly into Investing, so different ball game all together from a Trader

Got your hint .... Thanks

Gold would be a good hedge when the time comes ?

Brother

no don't be mistaken la

not trying to influence you by posting those charts

Just to show and share how Charts can help or assist in Trading
    (only some example)
    You are truly into Investing, so different ball game all together from a Trader

Got your hint .... Thanks

Gold would be a good hedge when the time comes ?
    Bro, really thanks for the info.... I really appreciate....

My opinion is we are still on the way up... When it will dip will depend on signs... You really have to watch out... But the first sign will be Euphoria... Depends on which market you play in - then you watch for the signs...

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/p...s.html/?ref=YF

The property market in Singapore is curtailed by the govt with all the CMs.... If you remove that, the prices will cheong.... My props are all for collecting money to fund my retirement....

What I found out is you need to study stats and analyse... once you do that, you will have conviction....

Look at the stats.... This year, population increase by 100K....

There are 35,000 foreign workers in the construction sector compared to about 29,000 the year before.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...al/827992.html

So lets say 90k population increase - divide by say 3 = 30K housing required...

If say every year 90K all the way to 2016 - you will need additional 90K.... Now how many are married each year??? This people will also need housing right????

Now a days I super lazy in analyzing....

Bro, really thanks for the info.... I really appreciate....

My opinion is we are still on the way up... When it will dip will depend on signs... You really have to watch out... But the first sign will be Euphoria... Depends on which market you play in - then you watch for the signs...

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/p...s.html/?ref=YF

The property market in Singapore is curtailed by the govt with all the CMs.... If you remove that, the prices will cheong.... My props are all for collecting money to fund my retirement....

What I found out is you need to study stats and analyse... once you do that, you will have conviction....

Look at the stats.... This year, population increase by 100K....

There are 35,000 foreign workers in the construction sector compared to about 29,000 the year before.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...al/827992.html

So lets say 90k population increase - divide by say 3 = 30K housing required...

If say every year 90K all the way to 2016 - you will need additional 90K.... Now how many are married each year??? This people will also need housing right????

Now a days I super lazy in analyzing....

Bro

thanks for pointing that out

Stats and analyze
    sometimes read too much and unable to differentiate which is real stats and which is Noise and being a Bull, I have the inclination or guilty of choice reading or choosing what I want to read or not to read therefore rely on charts to lead me the way

On the property front, have 3 in Iskandar
    Intending to sell off 1 or 2

Singapore properties to keep for passive income
    (fortunate to buy at the low)

Retirement ?
    when my duties as parent are discharged
    then change to a convertible and drive around for fun

Bro

thanks for pointing that out

Stats and analyze
    sometimes read too much and unable to differentiate which is real stats and which is Noise and being a Bull, I have the inclination or guilty of choice reading or choosing what I want to read or not to read therefore rely on charts to lead me the way

On the property front, have 3 in Iskandar
    Intending to sell off 1 or 2

Singapore properties to keep for passive income
    (fortunate to buy at the low)

Retirement ?
    when my duties as parent are discharged
    then change to a convertible and drive around for fun
    Bro, cool...

Be careful of iskanda... I really cannot find someone who can tell me what industry can support the rental... So I feel it is a hype... It is a case of getting out in time - but this is my personal feel....

As for retirement - when I retire next year, I still have 2 kids who will going overseas to study the following year... The eldest is in melbourne u and coming back next year...

Being optimistic and bullish is the way. It will make u a happier man..👍

Bro, cool...

Be careful of iskanda... I really cannot find someone who can tell me what industry can support the rental... So I feel it is a hype... It is a case of getting out in time - but this is my personal feel....

As for retirement - when I retire next year, I still have 2 kids who will going overseas to study the following year... The eldest is in melbourne u and coming back next year...

Ok Good night Brother

need to wake up later to watch US market

Adious

a picture is worth 1000 words .. 2.5% 10y ..quality corp bond 3.5-4%, REIT/perpetual should be 5-7% range??

Bro, cool...

You belong to the privileged class by your effort and circumstances, and can always talk about retiring early and jetting around the world. There are many unfortunate people who are struggling with life even while holding on to a job. Do you think they can afford to retire in Singapore in 10 years time? Just announced today disposal fees are increased again at the west side and central part.

On Tuesday, the S&P/Case Shiller index of 20 cities showed that house prices had risen by 12.4 percent on the year - the strongest rise since February 2006.
    However, new research by Berkeley economics professor Emmanuel Saez drew attention to the unevenness of income growth in the U.S. between 2009 and 2012. The average real income per family of the richest 1 percent grew by over 30 percent over the period, according to Saez, whereas the bottom 99 percent's income grew only by 0.4 percent.

Impact of US govt shutdown

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101069585?__s...et%27s+shutdow

There have been 17 government shutdowns since 1976, ranging in length from one to 21 days. None has caused a market meltdown.

"It's very difficult to make money from trading. People who get rich are those who buy a company, build it, run it. Most of the traders, they come, they make money, because they have this gambling instinct. They take the money and spend it. The minute they lose money, they got no money to pay up. " ~ Peter Lim

Charitable people ‘tend tobe happier’

By Janice Tai
    01 October 2013

Singapore residents who volunteer or donate money to help others are morelikely to be satisfied or happy with their lives, a national study has found.

Those who give more, whether of time or money, and more frequently, also tendto rate higher on satisfaction and happiness.

This is because people who give derive a sense of personal meaning from helpingothers and become more grateful for what they have, said Professor David Chan,director of the Behavioural Sciences Institute and professor of psychology atthe Singapore Management University.

Prof Chan was the consultant for the survey commissioned by the NationalVolunteer and Philanthropy Centre (NVPC).

Another motivating factor is the sense of community created through interactionwith the people they help, he added.

This is the first time a national study has established the link between givingand happiness.

It was done as part of NVPC’s Individual Giving Survey last year, whichinterviewed 1,512 Singapore residents.

The bi-yearly survey tracks volunteerism and philanthropy trends in Singapore.It found that two-thirds of those who volunteered or donated in the past yearwere satisfied and happy with their lives. In contrast, 45 per cent of thosewho did not volunteer or donate were satisfied.

And more than 70 per cent of those who served 12 or more volunteer hours, orgave $100 or more in the last 12 months registered high levels of well-beingcompared to 63 per cent of those who gave less time and 59 per cent who gaveless money.

Well-being was measured using a 10-item index, which asked individuals theextent to which they feel satisfied or happy.

Prof Chan said the results of this survey were consistent with other research.“Happy people are more likely to give, but people who give also tend to becomehappier. This leads to a positive spiral in which both givers and recipientsbenefit,” he said.

NVPC chief executive Laurence Lien said he hopes the survey results willencourage people to give back to society more regularly.

Madam Tay Hui Chan, 70, embodies the sentiment. She cooks every week for 20 to30 elderly folks in her neighbourhood.

“When they are happy, I am also happy,” she said. “We are a family.”

The 3 counters monitoring are marginally up at this moment

HLF, NQ and YELP

watching NUANCE

HLF, NQ and YELP are up

strong counters in a weak market

Nuance need more time

Last night market opened gapped down but the Bulls managed to put up a resistance to push the Index back up reducing earlier losses to a mere 1point upon closing

This show the underlying strength in the market despite the US government shutting down

Having said that all is not over yet as the Dark Cloud still hover with the Debt Ceiling talk just around the corner

But 1 thing is certain
    The bulls are waiting to bounce while the bears are trying very hard to bring the market to a lower low

So will the bear bring the index down to 1660 ~ 1665 level or the bull continue its push back momentum from last night to go higher high ?

Will not want to front run this and best is to wait for the direction but from the chart attached ...it does tells a story

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Because of all the political fighting in US, most likely going to go lower for next few days...

Last night market opened gapped down but the Bulls managed to put up a resistance to push the Index back up reducing earlier losses to a mere 1point upon closing

This show the underlying strength in the market despite the US government shutting down

Having said that all is not over yet as the Dark Cloud still hover with the Debt Ceiling talk just around the corner

But 1 thing is certain
    The bulls are waiting to bounce while the bears are trying very hard to bring the market to a lower low

So will the bear bring the index down to 1660 ~ 1665 level or the bull continue its push back momentum from last night to go higher high ?

Will not want to front run this and best is to wait for the direction but from the chart attached ...it does tells a story