Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LUMA (D9, Freehold, Novelty Group)

Stock market is hovering around 1600 points. It will not go under 1000. If not many companies will wind down and many jobs losses. Govt will not allow this to happen. Therefore, we may be seeing the rock bottom.. As investing in property is looking at 5-10yrs down the road, not now. Since now is almost at rock bottom, why not start come out bargain a good price?? Do u all want to wait till many people think can buy, then u buy?? By then do u think developers will still sell u at this price??? Ask yrself these questions first...I oredi had many buyers that missed the boat in 2007. Keep asking to buy if not price will shoot, still say wait... Then shoot up oredi cannot buy liao... Thus missing a boat of golden opportunity to earn money....

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon-Huttons-9852 5624
    Woah Farnie,

if prices drop to that low, den you won't look at that area already.
    You will aim Orchard already.

$800 psf currently will be out of prime D.09 /D.10 / D.11

Prime District 09/10 & 11 will not hit $800psf. As investors would rather rent lower & lay low to fight till the next upturn.

Going for less than $1000 psf for River Valley Grove? Quite unlikely.

We have more or less hit the rock bottom already.
    ( Other than keeping cash, the other is to look out for a good buy )

Please do look at my other thread in D.09 Newton Edge @ Makeway Avenue.

NEWTON EDGE @ MAKEWAY AVE

This is up & coming... can seriously consider as it is priced accordingly to market conditions & sentiments
    I think if an investor has to rely on agents to say an area is `up & coming', he better put his money under his pillow. I have heard so many `up & coming' areas from agents until I had to ask them, tell me, which area in sg is not `up & coming', I will invest there.

Pls, I think I know which is an area that has potential and value, not necessary `up & coming'. Judging from the floor plans, I think the `mickey mouse' houses in Little India area has spread to newton as well. Living room `big' enough to put a 2-seater sofa and that is for the biggest 3-bedder penthouse! So next time, for smaller units like studio, they might not even have rooms for sofa. Occupants should just get a beanbag and sit on the floor

And the bedrooms, they are just `big enough' to put just a single-size bed and a 2-door wardrobe. If this is px according to sentiments and mkt conditions, then I believe the developer either is insulated from all the happenings in the economy now or they are still trying to find some suckers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by v2offer
    Stock market is hovering around 1600 points. It will not go under 1000. If not many companies will wind down and many jobs losses. Govt will not allow this to happen. Therefore, we may be seeing the rock bottom.. As investing in property is looking at 5-10yrs down the road, not now. Since now is almost at rock bottom, why not start come out bargain a good price?? Do u all want to wait till many people think can buy, then u buy?? By then do u think developers will still sell u at this price??? Ask yrself these questions first...I oredi had many buyers that missed the boat in 2007. Keep asking to buy if not price will shoot, still say wait... Then shoot up oredi cannot buy liao... Thus missing a boat of golden opportunity to earn money....
    I'm glad the trusted agents that serve me doesnt give me advice like the way you are dishing out to people here. Missed the boat in 2007? I think many would agree these people should really thank their lucky stars that they havnt bought anything in the past 12 mths. In fact, all the places I have been monitoring from Residences @ Evelyn, Rivergate, The Sail has all seen asking px AND transactions px drop in the past 12 mths.

To suggest that we are now at rock bottom prices, would you dare to guarantee the buyer if the prices drop further? If you can't, please do not write such irresponsible comments. Its better for your career, and it will serve you well to just say nothing than to say something stupid.

Hi Real Estate Pundit,

Then what price should it be?
    (Given Your nick name, please give a constructive answer)

regards,
    Brandon Huttons
    Is there a showflat? I doubt the showflats will look or feel anything like what is quoted as the strata area. The ID will probably have the balcony and planter intergrated into the living space to fool the not-so-clever to think that the useable is larger than it really is. This is clearly apparent in the showflat of LUCIDA, another of Novelty's project near Owen Rd.

Also how many carpark lots in the development? Will 2 lots be reserved for handicap parking?

The sad thing will be, a few people will be suckered by the sales talk that the new price is a 'steal' and will put their deposit down. Good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by v2offer
    The stock market has come off from 3,800+ points to 1,800+points in 13 months. Do you think the Govt can do anything about it?

Temasek already lost A$415M (or S$500Mil * exchange rate 1 year ago) for 15% share of ABC Learning! How much more of Sing$ is tied up in 'Long Term Investments'? Banks in US, companies in Hong Kong, commercial buildings in Korea & Japan.....all this will prove to be very, very long term investments!

Don't forget that the property price index will lag behind the STI by 6-9 months, so it will only mean that the PPI has a very big drop coming. Who will dare to say that prices won't go below 2005/2006 levels?

v2offer, in case you have not heard, the COE for small car is at $2!

We are heading into a storm that will be more turbulent than SARS and Asian currency crissis. It will probably make the 1929 Great Depression a molehill.

Let's all do a part for the world the economic troubles and use the $2 COE and buy Chrysler cars to save them b4 they collapse

Let's not confused with D9 /D10 location.
    Paterson Residences (D9) site was enblocked in 1996 at price close to
    $1000ppr as compared to Luma(9) site at 450+ .
    The both sites are world of difference.
    If the site is good , the big boys will be there.

aiya everything to farine also not good one lar

suggest she so rich should go buy one plot of land

and build a castle

in forum talk is free one

LoL

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    aiya everything to farine also not good one lar

suggest she so rich should go buy one plot of land

and build a castle

in forum talk is free one

LoL
    I am not keen to respond to Farnie. From her comments in the various threads, one can see that she is so narrow-minded. She is only keen to say what she wanted to say, but refuse to answer questions or listen to comments which are not in her interest.

The forum is not only meant for discussion but also for individual to voice their opinions. So, she has the right to voice her opinion while we continue our discussion.

playing LEGO is more suitable for her lah

Quote Originally Posted by Farnie
    I think if an investor has to rely on agents to say an area is `up & coming', he better put his money under his pillow. I have heard so many `up & coming' areas from agents until I had to ask them, tell me, which area in sg is not `up & coming', I will invest there.

Pls, I think I know which is an area that has potential and value, not necessary `up & coming'. Judging from the floor plans, I think the `mickey mouse' houses in Little India area has spread to newton as well. Living room `big' enough to put a 2-seater sofa and that is for the biggest 3-bedder penthouse! So next time, for smaller units like studio, they might not even have rooms for sofa. Occupants should just get a beanbag and sit on the floor

And the bedrooms, they are just `big enough' to put just a single-size bed and a 2-door wardrobe. If this is px according to sentiments and mkt conditions, then I believe the developer either is insulated from all the happenings in the economy now or they are still trying to find some suckers out there.

Hi Farnie,

I will tend to disagree with you since I'm the marketing agent of this project.

SIZE issue

Using 1 Bedroom as comparison
    Lets Say, 1 Bedroom 700 sqft. (Acceptable?)

700 sqft x 13xx psf = $9xx,xxx/-

$910,000 for a 1 Bedroom for Investment? Rental yield @ 5% you will need to rent it @ $3500 - $4000/- per month for a Expats who come home & treat it as a place to rest & sleep.

Whereas a smaller size 1 Bedroom unit 463 sqft x $13xx psf = $6xxk- $650k
    Rental Yield @ 5% will need to be rent out @ $2500-$2700 per month.

Same returns / same usage / more affordable

Any way, units are getting smaller rather than getting bigger in the market nowadays to make it more AFFORDABLE due to land cost/construction cost / development charges.

if really want it big?? Then aim all the penthouses/Cluster Housing/Strata Housing.....BIG & Cheaper than penthouses/landed.

Or what is it that is preferable? HDB & PTE & LANDED are all a different ball game.
    Attack each ball game with different tactics, if not a single goal will be scored.

Reasons to buy

1) Bad times are good times to buy isn't it??

2) As the old saying goes, buy while its low & sell while its high?

3) Don't buy while everybody are buying, & Buy when all are staying away?

"Disagreeing with comment on finding some suckers out there"

I think maybe you should be a Developer & make BIG Spacious units & Price it $500-$700psf so that ALL the property buyers can buy from you.

i Think your stand is to buy when its Free!
    ( Happy Waiting for the time to come )

Quote Originally Posted by Teana
    I am not keen to respond to Farnie. From her comments in the various threads, one can see that she is so narrow-minded. She is only keen to say what she wanted to say, but refuse to answer questions or listen to comments which are not in her interest.

The forum is not only meant for discussion but also for individual to voice their opinions. So, she has the right to voice her opinion while we continue our discussion.
    Pls highlight which questions you raised that I did not answer. I remember in our previous conversation in the One-North thread, I have explained my pov on your 3 assumptions. But you did not have a reply to them. Thus I'm wondering who is the one who `refuse to answer questions but is only willing to listen to comments which supports your arguement

At the end of the day, I'm not really concerned if you think I'm narrow-minded or if I'm an Angel. All I know and see is developers and agents are still trying to drum up interest with claims that NOW is the bottom, asking the govt for concessions and support etc so that they can continue to push units at sky-high prices and also earn super-normal profits by looking for every possible loop-hole in the building guidelines to squeeze every cent out of buyers.

As for me, I'm pretty happy with this stand-off since I'm in no urgent need to share/ return my profits to the developers after I managed to earn from their greed in 98-00. And hearing all you people trumpet the same things now brings back an eerie sense of deja-vu, stories that I have heard years ago, and I can smell history repeating itself again.

This is certainly sad, because greed is what kills people. And I sense some of you participating by instilling fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Teana
    Public housing prices will not drop due to economic reasons. I am sure you know the reasons behind since you sound like one that can make a good government with good policy.

I am interested in the policy you would implement if you are the government.
    Hi forumers, I am keen to find out what policy you would implement if you are the government in this period.

Narrow-minded or boastful individuals are excused from answering.

Want to buy then buy loh, why post in so many threads and bring down all properties. To you which property is good? Seems that nothing suits you! Complain this and that, what bay window, planters, ac ledge and so on. Buy old HDB flats then, don't have these 3 things u mentioned. Which developers don't want to make profits? Who want to sell at cost or at loss. If you think all things should sell at cost or loss, then go tell everyone to sell their products at cost or loss to you, chicken rice 50cents, taxi ride $2, bus fare 20cents. If can't get that price don't buy!

Lastly, you ever drink a glass of coke at USD25? Bet you never and ever!

Good luck for your cheap buy!

Hi Farnie,

I will tend to disagree with you since I'm the marketing agent of this project.

SIZE issue

Using 1 Bedroom as comparison
    Lets Say, 1 Bedroom 700 sqft. (Acceptable?)

700 sqft x 13xx psf = $9xx,xxx/-

$910,000 for a 1 Bedroom for Investment? Rental yield @ 5% you will need to rent it @ $3500 - $4000/- per month for a Expats who come home & treat it as a place to rest & sleep.

Whereas a smaller size 1 Bedroom unit 463 sqft x $13xx psf = $6xxk- $650k
    Rental Yield @ 5% will need to be rent out @ $2500-$2700 per month.

Same returns / same usage / more affordable

Any way, units are getting smaller rather than getting bigger in the market nowadays to make it more AFFORDABLE due to land cost/construction cost / development charges.

if really want it big?? Then aim all the penthouses/Cluster Housing/Strata Housing.....BIG & Cheaper than penthouses/landed.

Or what is it that is preferable? HDB & PTE & LANDED are all a different ball game.
    Attack each ball game with different tactics, if not a single goal will be scored.

Reasons to buy

"Disagreeing with comment on finding some suckers out there"

I think maybe you should be a Developer & make BIG Spacious units & Price it $500-$700psf so that ALL the property buyers can buy from you.

i Think your stand is to buy when its Free!
    ( Happy Waiting for the time to come )
    Pls pardon my comprehension, I fail to see what is your point or argument in the 1st half by presenting all the calculations above. I really `catch no balls' even though you tried to `play ball games' and `score goals'. If you would state your point or question, I will be glad to reply.

With regards to the 2nd half, where you stated 3 reasons to buy, let me share my ideas with you, if I may.

- Agree. But now is not `bad times' yet. Wait till the enbloc projects TOP in 2010/2011, where supply has tripled from pre-enbloc days, lets see if demand has tripled by 2010/2011 to absorb these new supply.

My take is even if the financial situation stablises in the next 12 mths, you will not see expats flocking back in droves, let alone 3x the number back to Sg in 2010/2011 to absorb this supply. Thus its clear to be there will be a supply glut and again history repeats itself.

Thus the arguement that land+construction+development costs is already so much, thus prices cannot go down is irrelevant because in an oversupply mkt, there will be plenty to choose from and its buyers who will call the shots, not sellers.

-Very true maxim. And unless you have a different price index from mine, I think the price is still way too high now even if it has corrected somewhat in the past 12 mths.

I see the low in 2010/2011. And I'm not afraid to say this because as stated in point (1), there will be plenty of supply to go around for the patient buyers who waited till then to buy for investments.

- Again, I agree. And I also see the developers not participating in govt land sales and enbloc tenders. So if even developers are staying away, isn't it a sure sign that something is amiss? If px is really going to continue to increase, wouldnt developers try to lock in the `low' land costs now?

Well, my stand has always been buy when its reasonable and I trust my own judgement which has serves me well. Never be driven by your own fear or greed. Overcome them instead.

While I respect that as the project's marketing agent, you are duty-bound to point out the +ve sides of a project. However, you still have a lot to learn in terms of being a professional agent. Otherwise, people will just view you as an order-taker.

Usually I wouldn't bother saying so much, let alone typing so much, in a forum. I only reserved these advices to my surbodinates during year-end evaluation. But market is quite quiet now, and I have also received a fair share of advice from my own mentors in the past so I'm quite happy to spend the last 45 min penning my thoughts.

Whether you listen or not, no loss or gain to me, cheers!
    Last edited by Farnie; 20-11-08 at 15:45.

If farnie so clever

should be owing some huge plot of land leh

or giving adivse on CNA liao

or maybe working in govt dept as a super high

ranking officer

still got time to come here and post?

LoL

Quite agree with the points made by Farnee.

I sold my property at start of the year and am waiting to enter the market again. But this is certainly not the time. The prices in the condo where I sold my flat have barely fallen 5% since the time I sold. And I had achieved an appreciation of 60% in one and half year before I sold. So basically went up 60% and came down 5%. All in space of around 2 years. I would hardly call it a bottom.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by jurgen
    Quite agree with the points made by Farnee.

I sold my property at start of the year and am waiting to enter the market again. But this is certainly not the time. The prices in the condo where I sold my flat have barely fallen 5% since the time I sold. And I had achieved an appreciation of 60% in one and half year before I sold. So basically went up 60% and came down 5%. All in space of around 2 years. I would hardly call it a bottom.
    But did you realise every bottom is higher than the last?

Hi dtrax,

i was thinking the same too.

Foreign funds will "swallow'' the whole project b4 even being released to the public if its based on that price.

Well, we only had been informed that Preview for Luma will be delayed till further notice.

Will keep u posted further.

Or if you're interested do drop me an email @ [email protected]

with your name/mobile/project interested.

Good Day~~
    Cheaper than Park Infinia in D11?

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2008

Project Name ................ Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Park Infinia at Wee Nam .. CCR ........ 1 ............................... 1,640 ............. 1,640 ............ 1,640

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    If farnie so clever

should be owing some huge plot of land leh

or giving adivse on CNA liao

or maybe working in govt dept as a super high

ranking officer

still got time to come here and post?

LoL
    Agree, would have bought 10 unit of the Sail when launch and sell last year, then everyday will be very bz counting her money and no time to come here to post. Too bad she's didn't. So funny is the farnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Pundit
    v2offer, in case you have not heard, the COE for small car is at $2!

We are heading into a storm that will be more turbulent than SARS and Asian currency crissis. It will probably make the 1929 Great Depression a molehill.
    Who? Who are we

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    But did you realise every bottom is higher than the last?
    Normally I would agree. But the present crisis is like none we have seen before. So anything is possible. So its not unreasonable to expect a 30% drop from present valuations.

If you have bought any stocks off late, you would have realized that whenever you think its the bottom, you find prices falling even more. I wouldn't be surprised if that trend hits property prices as well.

If Citibank can sell at 5$/share, COE can be 2$......any property price is possible.

Normally I would agree. But the present crisis is like none we have seen before. So anything is possible. So its not unreasonable to expect a 30% drop from present valuations.

If you have bought any stocks off late, you would have realized that whenever you think its the bottom, you find prices falling even more. I wouldn't be surprised if that trend hits property prices as well.

If Citibank can sell at 5$/share, COE can be 2$......any property price is possible.
    And Citi just closed at USD 4.71. What a busy day/ night for me and my team. Fine by me that you guys `debate' and mock me while the rest of the world is busy using this crisis to find opportunities that weren't there just 3 mths ago.

To Property_owner, I assume you realised you are behind a computer screen and thus spurt the nonsense about me not owning 10 units of The Sail and thus not counting my money. I'm pretty sure if you see me face to face, you will take back all that you wrote

Jurgen, you are wise to look at equities and not just confine to local stocks. Hint:-plenty of gems out there now.....but advice is not to go long on equities for too long. Sell on strength, make little but numerous gains, do not be greedy and you should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Who? Who are we
    Dear Property_Owner,

Aren't WE all in the same boat? I am on planet earth, where are you at?

Or do you have a different economic indicator?

Pls pardon my comprehension, I fail to see what is your point or argument in the 1st half by presenting all the calculations above. I really `catch no balls' even though you tried to `play ball games' and `score goals'. If you would state your point or question, I will be glad to reply.

With regards to the 2nd half, where you stated 3 reasons to buy, let me share my ideas with you, if I may.

- Agree. But now is not `bad times' yet. Wait till the enbloc projects TOP in 2010/2011, where supply has tripled from pre-enbloc days, lets see if demand has tripled by 2010/2011 to absorb these new supply.

My take is even if the financial situation stablises in the next 12 mths, you will not see expats flocking back in droves, let alone 3x the number back to Sg in 2010/2011 to absorb this supply. Thus its clear to be there will be a supply glut and again history repeats itself.

Thus the arguement that land+construction+development costs is already so much, thus prices cannot go down is irrelevant because in an oversupply mkt, there will be plenty to choose from and its buyers who will call the shots, not sellers.

-Very true maxim. And unless you have a different price index from mine, I think the price is still way too high now even if it has corrected somewhat in the past 12 mths.

I see the low in 2010/2011. And I'm not afraid to say this because as stated in point (1), there will be plenty of supply to go around for the patient buyers who waited till then to buy for investments.

- Again, I agree. And I also see the developers not participating in govt land sales and enbloc tenders. So if even developers are staying away, isn't it a sure sign that something is amiss? If px is really going to continue to increase, wouldnt developers try to lock in the `low' land costs now?

Well, my stand has always been buy when its reasonable and I trust my own judgement which has serves me well. Never be driven by your own fear or greed. Overcome them instead.

While I respect that as the project's marketing agent, you are duty-bound to point out the +ve sides of a project. However, you still have a lot to learn in terms of being a professional agent. Otherwise, people will just view you as an order-taker.

Usually I wouldn't bother saying so much, let alone typing so much, in a forum. I only reserved these advices to my surbodinates during year-end evaluation. But market is quite quiet now, and I have also received a fair share of advice from my own mentors in the past so I'm quite happy to spend the last 45 min penning my thoughts.

I hate to agree with your observations cos I still holding few properties.
    Why am I so free to post?
    Business is so quiet and the stocks are heading south every day where I usually don't even have time for meals let's alone posting.

Go ahead and make Citi cheaper. I will not complain. I will buy Citi at the cheap price that you set and sell it off into smaller parts and make money.

Go ahead and make the properties cheaper. I will not complain. I will buy them and sell them for a profit.

Oh! Thanks for making them cheaper! The cheaper the better!

Hi Farnie,

Well true everyday agents are still learning, new things happens / new rules have been made.

Well all i can say is that i'm not Yesterday agent.

Anyway Farnie which industry you're in?
    (Just Curious)

Well this is still anybody's guess, no right no wrong on market bottoms timing.
    It still all depends on a person's courage to buy while its low.

I will sincerely though encourage home stayers who felt that 07 prices were too costly. Now is the time, to pick & buy & get a good discount for your dream home.

Investors

In my opinion, Buying a newly launch project might be the best choice.

just a 5%+15% downpayment & rest upon T.O.P with a secure bank loan upfront [Interest Absorption Scheme].

Buying something which TOP in End 2011 / Early 2012 allows you gets higher rental yield, higher capital appreciation if you do sell/rent upon TOP time.
    ( Your property will bypass this 2-3 years of bad economy & emerge as a newly completed property upon TOP time by then market more or less will be recovering )

Whether market improves or still declining, its up to individual.

Last advice
    Using News as source of analysis is not really that advisable.

Only the most courageous investors gain the most...

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Go ahead and make Citi cheaper. I will not complain. I will buy Citi at the cheap price that you set and sell it off into smaller parts and make money.

Go ahead and make the properties cheaper. I will not complain. I will buy them and sell them for a profit.

Oh! Thanks for making them cheaper! The cheaper the better!
    Thanks for making the market lower for me, Jurgen!

I don't trade in stocks. The last time I traded in NYSE was like almost 5 years ago. But you sounded like someone who can make the market lower. So I believed you and bought Citi at $3.50 last Friday.

I will be asking for your help in both the NYSE and the property market again soon. I act on my words but I need your help.

Once again, thanks so much!