Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: Eco Sanctuary

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Cashew or Hillview station would be nearer right? I think its the infamous woodcutters trail that leads to Peirce. If I'm not wrong, its illegal to go up that trail.... dunno why. I guess Nparks want to keep the area as pristine as possible bah.
    I know why...as the name Woodcutter's trail suggests...anyone who venture into the woods along this trail will be cut into pieces. ...except people who love trees.

That trail is not well marked and people can get lost inside easily.

http://sgwalkingroutes.blogspot.sg/2...ter-trail.html

Quote Originally Posted by chueec
    Chiong to see trees and forest. People who place very little value to nature will naturally see this place as ulu and not a good place for investment. We have many MRT stations and hawker centres in Singapore but only one Bukit Timah hill. As far as Tree House owners are concern, the price has already chiong. For FR and ES, still yet to be seen...but if there are more nature crazy people like myself and many who have bought this ulu area....there is still a possibility of a little chiong. Anyway, as what sister say...it is for homestay eventually. Chiong or not doesnt matter.
    Among these three..Design wise.. i think ES win pant down, FR not bad though but TH very HDBish leh..

For FR and ES, still yet to be seen...but if there are more nature crazy people like myself and many who have bought this ulu area....there is still a possibility of a little chiong. Anyway, as what sister say...it is for homestay eventually. Chiong or not doesnt matter.
    Yes, the owners of ES are different, rental yield and capital appreciation are not as important as own stay. They like to pay above market price for own stay.

Another site also at Chestnut avenue received top bid which is 60% lower than what SP Setia paid earlier.
    Quote: " A quick calculation shows that it’s around 60% less than the price SP Setia International (S) Pte Ltd paid. We bet SCB Terraform must be laughing now. Was it the effect of the cooling measures?"

The link: http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Chestn...aking+22+bids/

Not comparable. This is a landed / cluster housing site, not high rise condo. And you know 99Lh landed is not popular.

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    Yes, the owners of ES are different, rental yield and capital appreciation are not as important as own stay. They like to pay above market price for own stay.

Another site also at Chestnut avenue received top bid which is 60% lower than what SP Setia paid earlier.
    Quote: " A quick calculation shows that it’s around 60% less than the price SP Setia International (S) Pte Ltd paid. We bet SCB Terraform must be laughing now. Was it the effect of the cooling measures?"

The link: http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Chestn...aking+22+bids/

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis
    Just received the form from my agent to select the finishing for my unit. If we don't revert, the developer will default to "Urban" concept (i.e. compressed marble finishing).

I'm going for the "Contemporary" concept (marble finishing), though the granite finishing is rather tempting..
    Marble is more x than granite .. Their granite look like china one and if black granite from India than u better grab it. Marble can grind but granite cannot. Because it is hard

22bid where got record breaking... who says LH99 landed not popular...

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/32+bid...property+site/
    http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p....0?OpenDocument

Not comparable. This is a landed / cluster housing site, not high rise condo. And you know 99Lh landed is not popular.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    U never read carefully...
    So u hv bought? 1.6mil for LH99 4 bedder at this pt in time, in this location for own stay....can, nobody say cannot. meaning maybe u hate to be near MRT or near to amenities
    Pardon me.....it's your choice, just hoping to understand a bit from another angle.
    Sigh....

Those who like mrt and near to amenities, will have chosen Caspian...and they will Chiong now. Those prefer to stay in Chestnut Ave, will have the opposite interests...what is there to understand a bit from another angle?

Alot of people like you, always talk about "buy and sell" to gain profits. This is the whole problem the gahmen trying to solve to help those who really need a roof to stay. That's disgusting.

Chiong to see trees and forest. People who place very little value to nature will naturally see this place as ulu and not a good place for investment. We have many MRT stations and hawker centres in Singapore but only one Bukit Timah hill. As far as Tree House owners are concern, the price has already chiong. For FR and ES, still yet to be seen...but if there are more nature crazy people like myself and many who have bought this ulu area....there is still a possibility of a little chiong. Anyway, as what sister say...it is for homestay eventually. Chiong or not doesnt matter.
    Agreed. It really doesn't matter to those who buy to stay.

Agreed. It really doesn't matter to those who buy to stay.

We cannot say it too high to buy a LH in sentosa at 30M....if we compare mountain...I show u the cloud...then u show me the star...where is the end?

Hahaha, this is funny. But frankly, this place will take years before it become convenient in the sense. No hawker nearby, bus stop maybe have I think, train station could be very far. Therefore, anything above 1000psf is really very hard to swallow, at this pt in time i mean. Location more suitable for landed in my opinion. Yesterday I was there and the agent told me 4bedder for tower C typically about 1.6mil. I was thinking, wow, at this price they are still selling. As I mentioned in the SM thread, maybe the new owner can step out and share their feeling. Why at 1.6mil they can just buy like that, piece of cake, like no need to think le. 1.6mil can have many choices le. Is this a super location?? Even some cluster housing at >3000sqft only 1.5mil le.
    Just my opinion, not to offend those who have bought, just curious what was the state of mind during the signing moment...or is it that there is really a lot of spare cash and at this price u think will Cheong very much higher...or???
    We have to admit that there are too many rich ppl stay in Singapore..

Just buy within your mean.. I would think there are still some ppl buying for investment.. however, imo it is at high risk stage to chase for psf price..

Hahaha, this is funny. But frankly, this place will take years before it become convenient in the sense. No hawker nearby, bus stop maybe have I think, train station could be very far. Therefore, anything above 1000psf is really very hard to swallow, at this pt in time i mean. Location more suitable for landed in my opinion. Yesterday I was there and the agent told me 4bedder for tower C typically about 1.6mil. I was thinking, wow, at this price they are still selling. As I mentioned in the SM thread, maybe the new owner can step out and share their feeling. Why at 1.6mil they can just buy like that, piece of cake, like no need to think le. 1.6mil can have many choices le. Is this a super location?? Even some cluster housing at >3000sqft only 1.5mil le.
    Just my opinion, not to offend those who have bought, just curious what was the state of mind during the signing moment...or is it that there is really a lot of spare cash and at this price u think will Cheong very much higher...or???
    different pple different objectives. for the case of SM, if i were to pay 1.6m, then i would rather buy next door shaugnessy, all things equal. but then, in life, seldom can be all things equal. since nothing is equal, therefore hard to imagine why pple pay high price for something not perceived to be worth that high. sometimes i also fail to understand.

Thanks for pointing the case of SM and The Shaugnessy...it is no longer a question of whether is it worthwhile or whether which one is more value for money. this is exactly where I'm coming from. I think, most ppl who buy at this time, I wouldn't say all, maybe >50% feel that if they don't buy now, they will have to pay much higher price later... Because, if there is only just this launch, I can understand, but then, left right centre all coming up with new launches...even for own stay, if you think the price is coming down, would u want to wait as there are many new ones coming up. Obvious rite...so the mentality is pretty clear, all think that the price will go higher...
    I hope all of u are rite...

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    different pple different objectives. for the case of SM, if i were to pay 1.6m, then i would rather buy next door shaugnessy, all things equal. but then, in life, seldom can be all things equal. since nothing is equal, therefore hard to imagine why pple pay high price for something not perceived to be worth that high. sometimes i also fail to understand.
    Last edited by lajia; 03-12-12 at 13:05.

Thanks for pointing the case of SM and The Shaugnessy...it is no longer a question of whether is it worthwhile or whether which one is more value for money. this is exactly where I'm coming from. I think, most ppl who buy at this time, I wouldn't say all, maybe >50% feel that if they don't buy now, they will have to pay much higher price later... Because, if there is only just this launch, I can understand, but then, left right centre all coming up with new launches...even for own stay, if you think the price is coming down, would u want to wait as there are many new ones coming up. Obvious rite...so the mentality is pretty clear, all think that the price will go higher...
    I hope all of u are rite...
    i know where u are coming from.

like some pple say, why pay 90k coe when u can buy 2nd hand at half price. then again, if everybody wait for 2nd hand (no first hand), where is the 2nd hand going to come from?

same, if all wait for crash, crash will never come becoz price nvr go up, how to crash?

there are as many here who are waiting for the crash, vs as many who tink it will go higher. difference in mind set makes the world go round. if everybody tink the same, the world would be a boring place.

i am surprised that at this point of the cycle, pple tell me, orrh, the one next door will be 300psf higher very soon. so better buy this one. then again, that's what pple said in 2009/2010. indeed, the one next door has already gone up 300psf.

so can i ask you - did u buy anything between 2008-2010?

I was referring why this bid was 60% lower SP Setia bid for Eco Sanctuary. It's because it's a 99LH landed site which fetches lower PSF.

22bid where got record breaking... who says LH99 landed not popular...

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/32+bid...property+site/
    http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p....0?OpenDocument

ok understand. but then, do you know that LH99 landed is approaching very close to 1000psf? then again 1.6mil 4 bedder for own stay has already crossed the landed territory. a terrace of 1615sqft 3 level unit is also 1.6mil in some areas ok maybe those ppl prefer staying in condo then landed.

I was referring why this bid was 60% lower SP Setia bid for Eco Sanctuary. It's because it's a 99LH landed site which fetches lower PSF.

....at the end of the day, what will determine prices are those who put the money where their mouth is.....and if you check the profile of the buyers, most are people from around the area, who know and like the area, and if buyers are from another region, rest assured they will do their due diligence to check the out the location before they put down their money......those who shout nonsensical like having to trek through jungle to get to the MRT.... are possibly just based on limited knowledge of the place or parroting what others said , though kind of distorted.......some simply trying to talk down other projects perhaps to reassure themselves...or to 'avenge' what was being said of their project elsewhere....

.....but thats why we spend time here....for entertainment......keep it coming....

Buy property must buy near mrt.....I suffered 12 years with Summerhill...no mrt, no food, no amenities, low rental, my maid must backpack my kid to my mum place wen we work.....now I only buy properties v near mrt....including my current hdb...A hard lesson for me!

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    Buy property must buy near mrt.....I suffered 12 years with Summerhill...no mrt, no food, no amenities, low rental, my maid must backpack my kid to my mum place wen we work.....now I only buy properties v near mrt....including my current hdb...A hard lesson for me!
    .....too bad MRT is now almost at Summerhill doorstep.....

Default Eco Sanctuary - Its different!

Went to the sales galary yesterday. I must say I was really impressed with the project.

Landscape looks very green and natural, has gated connection to the park behind and the finishing gave a grandure feel. They are giving the options to chose finishing - including the options to have natural marble, compressed marble and granite for living and dining area. I will imagine, natural marble will be the popular choice.

I found their 'double-deckers' to be interesting. Imagine for the penthouse. Ceiling height of 4.8 meters can practically double the area. If someone buys 2+study, convert the study to staircase area with storage downwstairs and landing area upstairs. Building another two bedrooms with attached toilets. End up haging Drawing/Dining/Kitchen with 4.8m ceiling heights, four bedrooms, four bathrooms with 2.6 and 2.1 meters heights leaving 0.1 for flooring... Could be interesting.

Went to see on saturday. No vested interest.

TH: best in value
    FR: best in site layout-facilities, nearest to future mall
    ES: best in materials, on highest ground

ES: "on highest ground"

On top of that, ES is claiming that due to high floor ceilings, building will be taller by 7/8 florrs compared to nearby developments. So are we saying, 24th floor will be equal to 31-32 story compared to nearby developments? +plus high ground which I am not counting!!

Quote Originally Posted by whoh757

Default TreeForesEco

No doubt, all 3 developments are good and got their own attractions, else they would not have been sold. Everyone has his own preferences, lets respect them.

We should be looking forward to the TOPs of these 3 great developments (I am vested and therefore have the right to call them great!) and hope that that all these 3 developments do well, we get more transportation, eateries, malls, petrol pump, parks, leissure areas while the area retains the natural embience, the reason we all invested in the area.

Lets raise hand if we are vested: and hope to have a drink together sooner than later!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray
    No doubt, all 3 developments are good and got their own attractions, else they would not have been sold. Everyone has his own preferences, lets respect them.

We should be looking forward to the TOPs of these 3 great developments (I am vested and therefore have the right to call them great!) and hope that that all these 3 developments do well, we get more transportation, eateries, malls, petrol pump, parks, leissure areas while the area retains the natural embience, the reason we all invested in the area.

Lets raise hand if we are vested: and hope to have a drink together sooner than later!!

U repeated Wat I said one week ago

Fr 3 + 1 is 1270/1281psqft, es 4 bedroom is also 1270psqft.. Everything look great but the size they build too small

Where is the location of the future mall?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Where is the location of the future mall?
    Opposite FR along Petir Rd

Buy Penthouse on 24th floor.. as high as 32 floor for unblocked view forever. Buy 2+S, 750 sq ft for 950k, spend additional 100k (max) to make 2 bedrooms with attached baths on the top. Total becomes 4BR with 4baths with storage space, total areas say 1.5x ie 1125 sq ft, low bedroom ceiling heights but high Drawing/Dining/Kitchen heights. PSF 933. Am I reading it right??

Quote Originally Posted by Nighttrain
    Fr 3 + 1 is 1270/1281psqft, es 4 bedroom is also 1270psqft.. Everything look great but the size they build too small

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray
    ES: "on highest ground"

On top of that, ES is claiming that due to high floor ceilings, building will be taller by 7/8 florrs compared to nearby developments. So are we saying, 24th floor will be equal to 31-32 story compared to nearby developments? +plus high ground which I am not counting!!
    I believe when ES claimed their project taller by 7/8 floors, they had already taken the high ground into consideration...we shall see true or not in 4 years time.

So you have bought a penthouse at ES ??