Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: So lucky stay singapore...NO riots

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default So lucky stay singapore...NO riots

    Just now watching CNN...India got riots...Arab countries got demonstrations/riots....

    Singapore only riot is in.....

    SHOWFLAT

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Wahahahaha. Good one.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    hahhaaha...singapore is really a good place : )

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,810

    Default

    That's why I'm happy to be a Singaporean but still hope that with so many FT & FW, S'pore can still remain peaceful as usual.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Some years back while on Malaysia tour with wife, the tour guide mentioned that the Southern part of Thailand is his favourite place. Every time he's in Malaysia, he'll find some time to cross the border to Southern Thai. A very nice & quiet place to visit according to him.

    Look at Southern Thai cities now. Things can change with time. The government in control plays a critical role in maintaining peace & order. Whether you like PAP or not, they did a good job so far.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,990

    Default

    any riot during iPhone 5 queues?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,217

    Default

    People in Singapore is chasing after MM, Good Food, IPhones, F1, ...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    People in Singapore is chasing after MM, Good Food, IPhones, F1, ...
    because we all brought up with disipline...do anything wrong big brother will beat u hard hard...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    People in Singapore is chasing after MM, Good Food, IPhones, F1, ...
    This shows that our life has improved.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,217

    Default

    Higher expectation too.
    Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    This shows that our life has improved.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    I still remember in late 60s and early 70s , The red police riot lorry is very common , gang fight and union gathering etc etc . That why now union is being gorvenned .

    Yes, Now indeed we are fortunate !

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    I still remember in late 60s and early 70s , The red police riot lorry is very common , gang fight and union gathering etc etc . That why now union is being gorvenned .

    Yes, Now indeed we are fortunate !
    me not born yet.. x_x


    uncle must be very senior now
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    because we all brought up with disipline...do anything wrong big brother will beat u hard hard...
    But...but sometimes we don't even know that we have done wrong but still get punishment leh.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    I still remember in late 60s and early 70s , The red police riot lorry is very common , gang fight and union gathering etc etc . That why now union is being gorvenned .

    Yes, Now indeed we are fortunate !
    all action action...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf97sbyvVZo

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    singapore got a lot of ONLINE riot in forum

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Just now watching CNN...India got riots...Arab countries got demonstrations/riots....

    Singapore only riot is in.....

    SHOWFLAT
    In Telco shop too, IPHONE 5 !
    I m MM

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboxsupporter
    In Telco shop too, IPHONE 5 !
    In Singapore, which doesn't have an Apple store, Liu Ting Ting waited 12 hours to be the first of 10,000 people in the Southeast Asian city-state granted the opportunity to buy one at a Singapore Telecommunications launch-day event.

    Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/business...#ixzz275JIGxuv



  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    me not born yet.. x_x


    uncle must be very senior now
    Well...indeed senior but very much young at heart le...:

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    The so call recent almost closest so called 'riot' was the stand down between the opp supporter in previous general election at Jln Basar..

    The riot police was called , the existing police and plan cloth unable to control the crowd. The opp supporters literally stop evey car pass by to distribute flyers and don heel police advise...

    I try to google to see if can find the clip...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Where got riot? Beri orderly hor..

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Where got riot? Beri orderly hor..
    wah u very far behind...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    just now watch news again wah in KL havoc...lucky spore very strict...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,739

    Default

    as long as non-mxxxxm majority, sure safe from riot.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    as long as non-mxxxxm majority, sure safe from riot.
    he he

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    In Singapore, which doesn't have an Apple store, Liu Ting Ting waited 12 hours to be the first of 10,000 people in the Southeast Asian city-state granted the opportunity to buy one at a Singapore Telecommunications launch-day event.

    Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/business...#ixzz275JIGxuv


    these people should get a life

Similar Threads

  1. HK Riots to benefit Singapore?
    By Ringo33 in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 25
    -: 06-10-14, 19:26
  2. 1969 race riots of Singapore
    By minority in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 2
    -: 09-12-13, 18:58
  3. Sweden Youth Riots
    By phantom_opera in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 1
    -: 18-06-13, 23:01
  4. Singapore lucky NO natural disater...BUT...
    By radha08 in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 7
    -: 12-04-12, 18:24
  5. Singapore lucky NO natural disater...BUT...
    By radha08 in forum Coffeeshop Talk
    Replies: 2
    -: 12-04-12, 14:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •