Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Park Infinia (D11, Freehold, Keppel Homes)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    yeah, if u can afford it, go for D9 and 10 or the evelyn side.
    eyelyn side like less amenities leh...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    eyelyn side like less amenities leh...

Somehow, the "evelyn side" in Newton seems to be better regarded and this is reflected in the pricing..

I agree with both your comments. That's why I am looking at Park Infinia. It is also well noted that Evelyn side has fewer amenities and yet command a premium because of exclusivity. A matter of personal preference I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    I dun advise sellers to sell down nor need clock transactions this way.. if you are looking to buy a property fair market value is $1mil. would you pay $1.2mil to buy? buyers always wanna buy low while seller wishes to sell high, thus needing us to advise them about the market changes and the rightful price rather than let them price it unrealistically. the seller may even wanna pay me 10% commission but would i be able to close the transaction for him? it is never profitable for me to take up the exclusive or the business even after knowing the product is not sellable.

Pet

My 5 cents comments: we all need to check who are the key parties. such parties vary from good to bad times

In good times, there's only one driving force - seller.
    In such hard times, there are 2 critical parties who will ensure completion of the transaction : (1) buyer (2) bank

The market will move from one point to the other.....now its somewhere towards point B but not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    My 5 cents comments: we all need to check who are the key parties. such parties vary from good to bad times

In good times, there's only one driving force - seller.
    In such hard times, there are 2 critical parties who will ensure completion of the transaction : (1) buyer (2) bank

The market will move from one point to the other.....now its somewhere towards point B but not there yet.
    Dmon - totally agree with you. Friends from mortgage section have mentioned the same few months ago, but I didn't really think too much about it. Banks are looking at valuation indicated by their valuers, which is lower than 'selling price' and financing is x% of the valuation. X% is also lower than in the hay days......

but nobody seems to know what's that white building near the temple. I did ask the worker and he told me that it's for praying. Buidling structure looks like a mosque.

If anyone is viewing any unit/staying in Park Infinia and knows exactly the use of the building, please pm me. otherwise rental will dip as i'm looking at park infinia for investment and later for own occupation.
    I thought we'd have to wait half a year to find out what the white building is for, its been only 2 months and we can now confirm that its residential. The owner had indeed built it for his family and will appear in an interview in Sunday Times tomorrow. Potential buyers can now feel at ease bargain hunting for units at Park Infinia.

I thought we'd have to wait half a year to find out what the white building is for, its been only 2 months and we can now confirm that its residential. The owner had indeed built it for his family and will appear in an interview in Sunday Times tomorrow. Potential buyers can now feel at ease bargain hunting for units at Park Infinia.
    finally the mystery is solved. but looking at the many choices nowadays, will not be that interested in Park infinia. anyway, good luck to u.

dude which sunday times article was that? don't remember reading it...

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    dude which sunday times article was that? don't remember reading it...
    Its in the Sunday Lifestyle section. An article about many generations living under one roof.

Wink Did anyone visit the showflat at #24-07?

Went there 2 weeks ago, selling @ $1250 psf. Fully furnished showflat, NS facing, supposedly no blockage of views.

Was told it was sold, but agent refused to disclose the price.

$1250 psf, steep or reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by ozoc_79
    Went there 2 weeks ago, selling @ $1250 psf. Fully furnished showflat, NS facing, supposedly no blockage of views.

Let me try to answer that,
    early May i was offered a unit @1500psf. IF now after credit crisis the price is 1250psf, i would say it doesnt interest me
    i guess it depends on the "fully furnished" part. if its filled with high quality goods, furniture, appliances then perhaps its a good offer.

what do others think?

Is the showflat that was sold a 2bedder at stack 7? Can't rem if it's #23. Visited that showflat previously (Jan 2009) and was told by tt agent it cost $200k for ID and all . Well, it doesn't look even $100k worth to me or the agent was bull-crapping or maybe I just dunno how to appreciate the decor . But the price had reduced after the recent revision and it's still over-priced to me. If it's $1250psf for the 1001sqft, I have better options.

Just my 2 cents

It is stack 7 and #24. The agent had said it was worth $1500 psf the week before I visited the showflat. So he's implying that developer had already cut $250k and even showed me the price list.

the decor, reno and furnishings are not of high quality, when we asked how much it would cost without the furniture, he said most prob minus off $30k?!

Well apparently someone found it worthwhile and had bought the unit immediately that day.

Just wondering what you guys might think would be a reasonable price at this point of time? Am speculating there might be a further drop in price given the current economic situation. (Although the agent said "since that showflat was sold at $1250psf, the other units might be asking for the same price".)

i like PI@WN. it was one that i was shortlisting. the empty plot of land at newton has huge development potential and is the logical expansion of orchard if it doesn't form its own nexus. the only prob is that it will take quite a bit of time to vest, since nothing's been announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    i like PI@WN. it was one that i was shortlisting. the empty plot of land at newton has huge development potential and is the logical expansion of orchard if it doesn't form its own nexus. the only prob is that it will take quite a bit of time to vest, since nothing's been announced yet.
    Lincoln Rd is too congested.

My preference would be Residences@Evelyn, L'viv by Wing Tai, or the new condos on the former Gilstead View site or Elmira Heights site. Much easier road access and better views as well, as they overlook acres of sprawling landed properties. Population density will be lower hence more exclusive.

Can you imagine Lincoln Rd and Keng lee Rd during the weekends, with kiasu parents from all over Singapore clogging up the area around United Square driving their precious kids to enrichment classes.

Default still some way to go

PI prices at 1250 are still 30% higher than where they where before the 2007 lift-off. Most of the transactions at launch occurred around 800-900 range, if not lower. The dam will break when the first sale occurs below 1000. So, hold on. Long way to go. We don't lose anything by waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonred
    PI prices at 1250 are still 30% higher than where they where before the 2007 lift-off. Most of the transactions at launch occurred around 800-900 range, if not lower. The dam will break when the first sale occurs below 1000. So, hold on. Long way to go. We don't lose anything by waiting.
    Agree. but one of my frens who is into property mentioned about there shld be a price difference between newton and novena properties. if anyone is buying PI, he might as well go for Balestier/thomson condos.

Agree. but one of my frens who is into property mentioned about there shld be a price difference between newton and novena properties. if anyone is buying PI, he might as well go for Balestier/thomson condos.
    Do you know PI is the FH condo that have largest land size in all prime district?

If PI reach 800psf, Balestier projects will have to go below 600psf.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Do you know PI is the FH condo that have largest land size in all prime district?

You are right. Balestier indeed is worth looking at only if its $650 and below. That's why those who bought Arte....good luck. And PI/ Novena area can go down to ~ $800+ psf. One of my freehold property in Novena was bought for $750 psf just a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    You are right. Balestier indeed is worth looking at only if its $650 and below. That's why those who bought Arte....good luck. And PI/ Novena area can go down to ~ $800+ psf. One of my freehold property in Novena was bought for $750 psf just a few years back.
    Ah which project is it? You may have missed yr one of the lifetime opportunities if you still holding it.

Ah which project is it? You may have missed yr one of the lifetime opportunities if you still holding it.
    Sold it at the height of market frenzy for $1400 psf. You are right if I had still been holding on to it, I probably have to wait for 10 yrs to reach the same level.

That I believe can be achieved, esp if the en-bloc craze invades again. But for now, it will be back to the good-ole-days

Slight correction there, PI has 230,000+sq ft of land but Rivergate has 320,000+sq ft of land so PI has the largest land size of D11 while Rivergate has largest land size in all prime districts. Nonetheless, I think both have managed to maintain very good standards despite the large no. of units among prime districts. I think Singaporeans are too pampered, 400+ and 500+ units and they complain no exclusivity. High end luxury residences in HK number more than 1000+ units and nobody is complaining.

I think CDL is trying to market The Arte as closer to D11 than D12 Balestier. Nonetheless, if it can attract buyers for all its units at $880psf (CDL claims that progressively they will shift up the price!) then PI can find support at $1000psf. Otherwise, we can wait and see if we will indeed get $800psf.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

It can't be PI the largest land size in all prime district!

Slight correction there, PI has 230,000+sq ft of land but Rivergate has 320,000+sq ft of land so PI has the largest land size of D11 while Rivergate has largest land size in all prime districts. Nonetheless, I think both have managed to maintain very good standards despite the large no. of units among prime districts. I think Singaporeans are too pampered, 400+ and 500+ units and they complain no exclusivity. High end luxury residences in HK number more than 1000+ units and nobody is complaining.

I think CDL is trying to market The Arte as closer to D11 than D12 Balestier. Nonetheless, if it can attract buyers for all its units at $880psf (CDL claims that progressively they will shift up the price!) then PI can find support at $1000psf. Otherwise, we can wait and see if we will indeed get $800psf.
    Ah... forget this new project.

Ah... forget this new project.
    in fact i'm looking at projects in orchard since the percentage drop over the last few months have been steeper. going into PI at this juncture does not seem to provide that much upside.

and developers themselves are dropping prices on units in their books. that means that they expect the prices to come down even sharper and no confidence in the property market. those developers who started construction can afford to lower their prices as raw materials prices are much lower and expected to go down further and China is going into price war........hence all think that the new launches nowadays are good buys but they forgot to apply the reality check.

URA transactions

belmond green
    ($1500+ psf Apr 2008
    $1600+psf May 2008
    $1400psf Dec 2008,
    now below $900+psf)

park infinia @ wee nam
    $1300-1600++psf Apr 2008
    $1100-1600++psf May 2008
    $1300-1600++psf June 2008
    $1100-$1200++psf Mar 2009
    band is narrower

rivergate

$1500-1600++psf apr 2008
    $1800++psf May 2008
    $1400++psf July 2008
    $1100-1200++psf Mar 2009

reflective of the market environment?
    developers are selling new projects at lower prices than historical within same district

rivergate

$1500-1600++psf apr 2008
    $1800++psf May 2008
    $1400++psf July 2008
    $1100-1200++psf Mar 2009

reflective of the market environment?
    developers are selling new projects at lower prices than historical within same district
    Went to see Park Infinia-developer units, today.
    A certain layout is now going for 1184psf. Most others are going at 1200+psf and 1300+ psf.

After viewing the unit, the 1184psf offer quote being lower than other layouts are for a good reason.

Layout for units being offered by developer at 1184psf has quite a fair bit of wastage, as well as, rather unintuitive and unnatural layout. Room sizes are good but the kitchen set out in between the two rooms (this is a 2BR unit). There is an odd space in the apartment, (this enclosed space, or otherwise what they call as a room), has two doors... ...

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Went to see Park Infinia-developer units, today.
    A certain layout is now going for 1184psf. Most others are going at 1200+psf and 1300+ psf.

After viewing the unit, the 1184psf offer quote being lower than other layouts are for a good reason.

Layout for units being offered by developer at 1184psf has quite a fair bit of wastage, as well as, rather unintuitive and unnatural layout. Room sizes are good but the kitchen set out in between the two rooms (this is a 2BR unit). There is an odd space in the apartment, (this enclosed space, or otherwise what they call as a room), has two doors... ...
    agree. for the price, i'm reconsidering my option as I see better materials and layout in other projects. only selling point for Park Infinia is the large space.......too many foreigners in certain project translates into "not-bothered" attitude.

agree. for the price, i'm reconsidering my option as I see better materials and layout in other projects. only selling point for Park Infinia is the large space.......too many foreigners in certain project translates into "not-bothered" attitude.
    If large space is what you like. Rivergate is not too bad too.
    It has a reasonable large space too.