Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Park Infinia (D11, Freehold, Keppel Homes)

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    i personally feel otherwise....Res Evelyn has the exclusivity. The only attraction i see in PI is it's BIG...material finishing (door, tiles, kitchen) is lacking compared to Res Evelyn. projects in east coast have better quality finishes

and feng shui is better at Res Evelyn as it sits on hill top. Across big drain, prices are cheaper.

just again had another session with wife on buying PI or Res Evelyn. trying to convince myself why not buy PI.....
    you have to be aware that PI was 1st launched at ~800psf (i think). if you have so many concerns/issues about a particular project, shouldn't be too hard to give it a miss... why need convincing

seriously, there is no perfect condo. probably the most perfect one is the one that is out of reach. i like the exclusivity of evelyn but not the noise or layout. i like the view and convenience of PI but not the huge population. i love the location of viva but not the noise. we can go on and on for months and nw u r talking abt carpark !!!???? ultimately wat is more important is to lock in the price that u can afford it. u can do a lateral switch within the area later. we are talking abt quarter million diff from feb low point to nw and u can literally buy a ship !!

thanks all...the last two postings made me decide to go for Res Evelyn....

ya i agree with denver.. must set price to enter, once price hit go in liao.. dont wait and ding dong end up never get .. disappointment is 1 thing, time wasted is another...

personally i prefer r@e ~

dmonddd,
    agree with you on PI finishing, nothing to be proud of

me too. res@evelyn for me! somehow, it feels like a more classy neighborhood. ACS barker just round the corner!

thanks again orang, chosen1, august for your input....

you all further convince me of choosing res@evelyn. will be aggressively hunting..

Quote Originally Posted by denverusa
    seriously, there is no perfect condo. probably the most perfect one is the one that is out of reach. i like the exclusivity of evelyn but not the noise or layout. i like the view and convenience of PI but not the huge population. i love the location of viva but not the noise. we can go on and on for months and nw u r talking abt carpark !!!???? ultimately wat is more important is to lock in the price that u can afford it. u can do a lateral switch within the area later. we are talking abt quarter million diff from feb low point to nw and u can literally buy a ship !!
    your rationale is logical...but decision making is not solely one...hence the "since Jan 2009 deliberation on res@e/PI" session

hopefully this will come to a conclusion..

thanks again orang, chosen1, august for your input....

you all further convince me of choosing res@evelyn. will be aggressively hunting..
    After taking so long for you to decide which project you want to proceed, you will face the next hurdle which is the bank valuation against the current high asking price of the sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    After taking so long for you to decide which project you want to proceed, you will face the next hurdle which is the bank valuation against the current high asking price of the sellers.
    what to do...that differentiate a winner and a loser.
    anyway i m buying to stay.....more downpayment $$$$ sigh

what to do...that differentiate a winner and a loser.
    anyway i m buying to stay.....more downpayment $$$$ sigh
    Went for house hunting past 2 weeks and asked the bank for a few valuation. Do you know that the bank valuation not even close to the asking price even though I want to pay slighty more downpayment.

I have given up now because the current asking is too ridiculous to make a deal. It is liked the 2007 peak where the sellers call the shot.

Good Luck to you!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Think you didn't try hard enough. Just 1 week ago, I heard banks have mostly raised their valuations. For example, I asked for quotations of 2 properties in same stack of same condo, one on low floor and no view and another on higher floor and good view. Initially, banks mostly quoted about $1.24m and $1.31m respectively. Subsequently, they revised the valuations to $1.30m and $1.46m. So, valuation is actually catching up with asking price as time goes by.

Went for house hunting past 2 weeks and asked the bank for a few valuation. Do you know that the bank valuation not even close to the asking price even though I want to pay slighty more downpayment.

I have given up now because the current asking is too ridiculous to make a deal. It is liked the 2007 peak where the sellers call the shot.

Good Luck to you!

downturn sellers call the shot, bull market, sellers call the shot.

diff between bear and bull market is whether the bank/valuer can catch up.......

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Think you didn't try hard enough. Just 1 week ago, I heard banks have mostly raised their valuations. For example, I asked for quotations of 2 properties in same stack of same condo, one on low floor and no view and another on higher floor and good view. Initially, banks mostly quoted about $1.24m and $1.31m respectively. Subsequently, they revised the valuations to $1.30m and $1.46m. So, valuation is actually catching up with asking price as time goes by.
    Don't forget the sellers can also raise their price as well even though valuation try to catch up. I remember during the boom in 2007, the sellers change their selling price every week.

It depends on whether the sellers are sincere sellers or not. If they are not, you can just move on to next property since what the sellers want is a moving target and we don't have to waste time to play their game. At least, as far as I know, many sellers stick to their higher asking price and still negotiable to certain extent (the most is they stick to their original asking price and not allowing any cut).

Don't forget the sellers can also raise their price as well even though valuation try to catch up. I remember during the boom in 2007, the sellers change their selling price every week.

in 2007, in prime districts, every week market asking price increase by $100 psf just like that... really insane... hope we don't see that in future.

It depends on whether the sellers are sincere sellers or not. If they are not, you can just move on to next property since what the sellers want is a moving target and we don't have to waste time to play their game. At least, as far as I know, many sellers stick to their higher asking price and still negotiable to certain extent (the most is they stick to their original asking price and not allowing any cut).
    My current experience doesn't show that seller is motivated to sell compare to few months back. Most of them are asking for future pricing especially those who own the premium unit. As an investor, I would like to get a premium unit so that sales or rental is easier next time.

My current experience doesn't show that seller is motivated to sell compare to few months back. Most of them are asking for future pricing especially those who own the premium unit. As an investor, I would like to get a premium unit so that sales or rental is easier next time.
    in fact i realised those who hv choice units will be d last one making profits.

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    in fact i realised those who hv choice units will be d last one making profits.

because those sellers with choice units think that their units will fetch a premium and hold on to prices. for those with nonchoice units will just flog it off quickly before the downturn

Good Luck to you!
    are you sticking with the same bank for your valuations?

do some homework. for your targetted projects, figure who the marketing agent is. normally there is a tie up with a bank. those banks generally know the project better and could offer more mkt valuation..

of course if the asking price is way out there, no way valuations can match.

good luck

I would expect this to be the case given the rising property prices now. Nevertheless, at any time, there will always be sellers, just that whether the unit is right for you and at the right price for you. You just have to spend time to dig for gem & prepare to negotiate with sellers.

I would expect this to be the case given the rising property prices now. Nevertheless, at any time, there will always be sellers, just that whether the unit is right for you and at the right price for you. You just have to spend time to dig for gem & prepare to negotiate with sellers.
    there also desperate sellers.

There will always be, just that there are now more buyers and "early bird gets the worm".

there also desperate sellers.

Personally, i find PI out for me...despite teddy bear's weak points

Ai! Talk about Feng Shui and I am sure you don't know about its principle from your statement: "feng shui is better at Res Evelyn as it sits on hill top.".
    Actually, sitting on a hill-top doesn't mean it is good feng shui. On the contrary, sitting on a hill-top with no backing is a absolute NO-NO in Feng Shui (Sorry for telling the truth regarding Feng Shui).

i personally feel otherwise....Res Evelyn has the exclusivity. The only attraction i see in PI is it's BIG...material finishing (door, tiles, kitchen) is lacking compared to Res Evelyn. projects in east coast have better quality finishes

and feng shui is better at Res Evelyn as it sits on hill top. Across big drain, prices are cheaper.

just again had another session with wife on buying PI or Res Evelyn. trying to convince myself why not buy PI.....

There will always be, just that there are now more buyers and "early bird gets the worm".

the worm was earlier than the bird ... and got eaten .. ????@$?%#%%$

Ai! Talk about Feng Shui and I am sure you don't know about its principle from your statement: "feng shui is better at Res Evelyn as it sits on hill top.".
    Actually, sitting on a hill-top doesn't mean it is good feng shui. On the contrary, sitting on a hill-top with no backing is a absolute NO-NO in Feng Shui (Sorry for telling the truth regarding Feng Shui).
    so PI is better because next to big drain.
    hill backing is general statement. feng shui talks about ergonomics n logic if you have the latter at all.....in times of flood...which project will submerge. res@evelyn is higher than newton road if you can see well.

it is obvious you hv vested interest in PI. sadly I dont hv in any newton

and pray hard if the walls dont break..i agree with dmon

What is "Feng shui"? - Literally "Wind & Water". Big drain, let's see, "Water" right? Water brings Money & Wealth. Not good meh? No wonder now people willing to pay so much for PI vs Res@Evelyn

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    so PI is better because next to big drain.
    hill backing is general statement. feng shui talks about ergonomics n logic if you have the latter at all.....in times of flood...which project will submerge. res@evelyn is higher than newton road if you can see well.

it is obvious you hv vested interest in PI. sadly I dont hv in any newton

checked out PI last week, the developments surround it (MIro) is very noisy. i was standing in the pool area, and there were loud banging . may take 1 year for it to stop