Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Park Infinia (D11, Freehold, Keppel Homes)

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    If large space is what you like. Rivergate is not too bad too.
    It has a reasonable large space too.
    Hello all,

After reading so much about Park Infinia and being quite interested in buying an apartment in the near future in that area, I went and had a look this weekend.

Nice complex, spanking new. Fairly busy. Fantastic pool. Entrance & exits are narrow. Some construction coming up nearby.

Two 3+1 flats, sold direct by the developer, quoting from 1150 to 1400 psf (higher floor).

Quite disappointed with design - the bay windows, particularly in the living/dining area is a killer. The bedrooms are small. And, the master bedroom's toilet has vents opening into the corridor behind the kitchen!! Wasted space galore.

But the view was fantastic - all the way from Tanjong Rhu on one side, CBD, Istana, and further west.

In all, the 3+1BRs that I saw appears to be a place for renting, or buying as an investment. Not practical to live.

So, much to my disappointment, I am out of PI - not buying at any price.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonred
    Hello all,

After reading so much about Park Infinia and being quite interested in buying an apartment in the near future in that area, I went and had a look this weekend.

Nice complex, spanking new. Fairly busy. Fantastic pool. Entrance & exits are narrow. Some construction coming up nearby.

Two 3+1 flats, sold direct by the developer, quoting from 1150 to 1400 psf (higher floor).

Quite disappointed with design - the bay windows, particularly in the living/dining area is a killer. The bedrooms are small. And, the master bedroom's toilet has vents opening into the corridor behind the kitchen!! Wasted space galore.

But the view was fantastic - all the way from Tanjong Rhu on one side, CBD, Istana, and further west.

In all, the 3+1BRs that I saw appears to be a place for renting, or buying as an investment. Not practical to live.

So, much to my disappointment, I am out of PI - not buying at any price.
    with 400+ units, and if everyone is investing or renting, it is definitely not a place to live for homeowners/families. crowded and high turnover of tenants may not be a good place for growing families.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    with 400+ units, and if everyone is investing or renting, it is definitely not a place to live for homeowners/families. crowded and high turnover of tenants may not be a good place for growing families.
    HUH ?

the psf still 1150 - 1400 ??? mad or wat ?

people tell me that area good becos between novena and newton MRT ... ?

between in this case means ITS NOT NEAR ANY OF THEM

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    HUH ?

the psf still 1150 - 1400 ??? mad or wat ?

people tell me that area good becos between novena and newton MRT ... ?

between in this case means ITS NOT NEAR ANY OF THEM
    there are many other projects near novena and newton mrt if you notice. Do you know what's the key selling point for Park Infinia, other than location?

1150-1400 psf down from high of ______psf?

% drop in prices for Park Infiinia in comparison to other projects within D9, D10, D11? Have prices in PArk Infinia more resilient that those in better districts? how many units sold (% to total units) of late versus others?

You must be a proud owner of Park Infinia. People say...Who are these people? We see, analyse and decide (SAD).

there are many other projects near novena and newton mrt if you notice. Do you know what's the key selling point for Park Infinia, other than location?

% drop in prices for Park Infiinia in comparison to other projects within D9, D10, D11? Have prices in PArk Infinia more resilient that those in better districts? how many units sold (% to total units) of late versus others?

You must be a proud owner of Park Infinia. People say...Who are these people? We see, analyse and decide (SAD).
    developers finally dropped prices for the better units, after holding on for so long. I wonder why?

developers finally dropped prices for the better units, after holding on for so long. I wonder why?

have you checked the rental market? future rental income is a function of property price for investment purpose.

i dont understand what you trying to say ..
    highest done there was 1650 psf last yr ... now its 1100-1200 psf ...

thats why i ask how can it be 1150-1400 psf ? 1400 is too high ..
    i also said that being in between 2 stations is as good as saying not near either of them ..

but i am NOT an owner of Park Infinia ... nor anywhere near there .. although i have been to view Lincoln Modern, when it was the ONLY project there ...before the rest were constructed ... now its just too cramp ...

i dont understand what you trying to say ..
    highest done there was 1650 psf last yr ... now its 1100-1200 psf ...

thats why i ask how can it be 1150-1400 psf ? 1400 is too high ..
    i also said that being in between 2 stations is as good as saying not near either of them ..

but i am NOT an owner of Park Infinia ... nor anywhere near there .. although i have been to view Lincoln Modern, when it was the ONLY project there ...before the rest were constructed ... now its just too cramp ...
    you sounded as if you are all supportive of this project..
    hence i also dont understand what you are trying to imply earlier.

prices only capture part of the amenities amongst others......near two stations. Being near two stations does translate to high prices. i rest my comments if you have not walked the grounds before.

you sounded as if you are all supportive of this project..
    hence i also dont understand what you are trying to imply earlier.

prices only capture part of the amenities amongst others......near two stations. Being near two stations does translate to high prices. i rest my comments if you have not walked the grounds before.
    error in second last sentence...being near two stations does NOT translate .......

error in second last sentence...being near two stations does NOT translate .......
    good so we are both NOT supporters of that project ..

for me ..i am not a supporter of another project there ...just too cramp ..narrow roads...

i was trying to air my 'negative' opinion subtly .... without being too direct and offending owners and potential sellers ..and agents ...

hehehe

good so we are both NOT supporters of that project ..

for me ..i am not a supporter of another project there ...just too cramp ..narrow roads...

i was trying to air my 'negative' opinion subtly .... without being too direct and offending owners and potential sellers ..and agents ...

hehehe
    i have been trying to convince my home minister out of buying into Park Infinia as I share the same view on the narrow roads. esp. Keng Lee road. And jams at times during weekends if you are coming in from united square.

great to clear the miscom. cheers

i have been trying to convince my home minister out of buying into Park Infinia as I share the same view on the narrow roads. esp. Keng Lee road. And jams at times during weekends if you are coming in from united square.

great to clear the miscom. cheers
    if you know the area well enough, you will never enter lincoln road from united square. try surrey road.

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed
    if you know the area well enough, you will never enter lincoln road from united square. try surrey road.
    you r not the first one to comment. either the alternative roads are difficult to notice or there are too many roads leading to.....i asked alot of singaporeans and majority does not know the roads leading to park infinia. why?

you r not the first one to comment. either the alternative roads are difficult to notice or there are too many roads leading to.....i asked alot of singaporeans and majority does not know the roads leading to park infinia. why?
    i guess it is all a matter of familiarity with the locale? but i cannot speak for everyone, though.

personally, to have many access routes in/out of a place is considered a good thing. i have been to some places where there is only 1 way in and out. if that road into/out of the property jams, then you are really stuck.

guys guys...
    can you give me a hint here??
    i have been watching this district. interested in DIst.11, newton/novena area.
    but it seems that people are slamming condos left and right...
    what would be a good condos in the area in your opinion??

some people slam condos left and right because they have an agenda to attempt to talk down prices so they can buy cheap. Personally, I don't think it has much of an effect and its more of market forces determining the price. Some people actually slam everything bad about this condo but say that if the price falls to say below 1000psf then it becomes a good condo, what kind of logic is that?

I still like Park Infinia and continue to look for units to buy if they do come buy at a cheap price.

On the issue of access roads, you can enter by the other entrance/exit from Suffolk Walk off Thomson Rd and Lincoln Rd either by Keng Lee or Surrey Rd, or as mentioned, Khang Guan Ave is the least preferred choice.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen1
    guys guys...
    can you give me a hint here??
    i have been watching this district. interested in DIst.11, newton/novena area.
    but it seems that people are slamming condos left and right...
    what would be a good condos in the area in your opinion??

I agree with u 100%, BH.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    some people slam condos left and right because they have an agenda to attempt to talk down prices so they can buy cheap. Personally, I don't think it has much of an effect and its more of market forces determining the price. Some people actually slam everything bad about this condo but say that if the price falls to say below 1000psf then it becomes a good condo, what kind of logic is that?

I still like Park Infinia and continue to look for units to buy if they do come buy at a cheap price.

On the issue of access roads, you can enter by the other entrance/exit from Suffolk Walk off Thomson Rd and Lincoln Rd either by Keng Lee or Surrey Rd, or as mentioned, Khang Guan Ave is the least preferred choice.

its a huge project ... how many gates are there ??

you mentioned you can get in from Suffolk walk ?( cant see it on google maps)

i remember when i went there some time ago .. some of the roads you mentioned are 1 way ... am i right ?

if so .. then arent we need to make rounds just to avoid jam ?

walking side gates there are 3 and for vehicles there are 2 entrance/exits. Lincoln, Surrey and Suffolk Walk are 2 way roads. Keng Lee is one way and Khiang Guan Ave I am not too sure. Suffolk Walk is exit is opposite the Thomson Road Baptist Kindergarten.

I can't comment on the jam situation since i do not live there.

its a huge project ... how many gates are there ??

you mentioned you can get in from Suffolk walk ?( cant see it on google maps)

i remember when i went there some time ago .. some of the roads you mentioned are 1 way ... am i right ?

if so .. then arent we need to make rounds just to avoid jam ?

Quote Originally Posted by yeo
    I agree with u 100%, BH.
    I second that!

Agree. If those who buy condos based on prices, they are investors. Sadly I'm not. singaporeexpats would be a good guide to see which condo is great from location, layout, FH/LH. Most important when you consider buying a condo, you must feel comfortable staying there with courteous and considerate neighbours who are like you, home owners as well.

Agree. If those who buy condos based on prices, they are investors. Sadly I'm not. singaporeexpats would be a good guide to see which condo is great from location, layout, FH/LH. Most important when you consider buying a condo, you must feel comfortable staying there with courteous and considerate neighbours who are like you, home owners as well.
    and some people support because they have an agenda too as they may be investors who have units in these projects or agents who are trying to sell.....at the end of the day, we need to be objective. SAD = see analyse and decide......two cents worth of comments

see for yourself comments made by all.
    analyse if that's the situation
    decide if comments are real and buy/no buy

that's right, some people are just too extreme. everybody has an agenda when it comes to this forum. we just have to weigh the pros and cons of each project rather than keep harping on either the pros or the cons 1 sidedly.

and some people support because they have an agenda too as they may be investors who have units in these projects or agents who are trying to sell.....at the end of the day, we need to be objective. SAD = see analyse and decide......two cents worth of comments

see for yourself comments made by all.
    analyse if that's the situation
    decide if comments are real and buy/no buy

that's right, some people are just too extreme. everybody has an agenda when it comes to this forum. we just have to weigh the pros and cons of each project rather than keep harping on either the pros or the cons 1 sidedly.
    looks like bargain hunter being hunting tis project for awhile. looking at the historical threads, i see you even know who's occupying the white building even before it gets published in the papers.

i'm trying to convince myself to accept the project before the home minister but it lack the oomphs....the only key selling point for this project is the large land size. and the pros contributed by others in this forum not convincing at all. earlier comments made by dragon red say all. and i review bargain hunter's previous comments of better choices in d9, d10 and evelyn..

walking side gates there are 3 and for vehicles there are 2 entrance/exits. Lincoln, Surrey and Suffolk Walk are 2 way roads. Keng Lee is one way and Khiang Guan Ave I am not too sure. Suffolk Walk is exit is opposite the Thomson Road Baptist Kindergarten.

I can't comment on the jam situation since i do not live there.
    first of all, pls note that i am just sharing my experience. i am not here to defend anything, neither do i see any need to do so.

i have lived here for around 4months. so far, i have never encountered any jams getting out in the morning. most times, i get out via surrey onto newton. at most, there are around 4 cars in front of me. i have gone out before 8am, bet 8am - 9am, after 9am, after 10am. all seem ok. have not encountered any difficulty getting onto newton road even though newton road can be pretty jammy at times. the wait is a little longer if you kena an inexperienced driver in front of you. even then, in such situations, they always manage to make their way onto newton rd somehow.

khiang guan is a 2way road, but rather narrow at some areas (especially the bend). traffic here can be pretty bad due to vehicles trying to get in/out of united square. i tend to bypass this road since surrey is a shorter route to reach lincoln road.

here are the various routes for you to consider when trying to get to park infinia:
    1) from newton circus - use keng lee road and then into lincoln road
    2) from newton road - use surrey road and then into lincoln road
    3) from thomson road - use suffolk walk (note that this entrance is for residents only)

before i moved in, i too was concerned with the traffic conditions around the area, however, i have realised that the various access routes in/out are coming in really handy.

here's an example - i was travelling on dunearn road heading towards newton circus. the jam started before balmoral junction. after some time, i realised traffic was being held up for the 2 lanes towards the circus. as i didn't want to be in the jam, i figured i could go over the flyover, and then make a left turn into makepeace road (near the teck kee pau shop) at bukit timah road. from makepeace, i could get onto kampong java road and then onto thomson road before hitting suffolk walk. i thought this was pretty neat. if not, i would have to make the bigger loop around KK hospital.

i hope this little bit of info helps.

looks like bargain hunter being hunting tis project for awhile. looking at the historical threads, i see you even know who's occupying the white building even before it gets published in the papers.

i'm trying to convince myself to accept the project before the home minister but it lack the oomphs....the only key selling point for this project is the large land size. and the pros contributed by others in this forum not convincing at all. earlier comments made by dragon red say all. and i review bargain hunter's previous comments of better choices in d9, d10 and evelyn..

that's fair. Personal experience always counts best. Maybe you can now list down the pros and cons of Park Infinia over other projects since you are a resident there.

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed
    first of all, pls note that i am just sharing my experience. i am not here to defend anything, neither do i see any need to do so.

i have lived here for around 4months. so far, i have never encountered any jams getting out in the morning. most times, i get out via surrey onto newton. at most, there are around 4 cars in front of me. i have gone out before 8am, bet 8am - 9am, after 9am, after 10am. all seem ok. have not encountered any difficulty getting onto newton road even though newton road can be pretty jammy at times. the wait is a little longer if you kena an inexperienced driver in front of you. even then, in such situations, they always manage to make their way onto newton rd somehow.

khiang guan is a 2way road, but rather narrow at some areas (especially the bend). traffic here can be pretty bad due to vehicles trying to get in/out of united square. i tend to bypass this road since surrey is a shorter route to reach lincoln road.

here are the various routes for you to consider when trying to get to park infinia:
    1) from newton circus - use keng lee road and then into lincoln road
    2) from newton road - use surrey road and then into lincoln road
    3) from thomson road - use suffolk walk (note that this entrance is for residents only)

before i moved in, i too was concerned with the traffic conditions around the area, however, i have realised that the various access routes in/out are coming in really handy.

here's an example - i was travelling on dunearn road heading towards newton circus. the jam started before balmoral junction. after some time, i realised traffic was being held up for the 2 lanes towards the circus. as i didn't want to be in the jam, i figured i could go over the flyover, and then make a left turn into makepeace road (near the teck kee pau shop) at bukit timah road. from makepeace, i could get onto kampong java road and then onto thomson road before hitting suffolk walk. i thought this was pretty neat. if not, i would have to make the bigger loop around KK hospital.

i hope this little bit of info helps.

Yeah, but still watching, prices fallen to 1100 but preferred units probably still cannot get at 1100. I knew who's occupying the white building before the sunday interview because of the advert I saw in saturday's paper, only 1 day in advance, not insider info.

For me, when the price falls, I think I can only afford Park Infinia at best, not Orchard or Evelyn side. So let me attempt to think of some pros.

1) Largest plot of land in D11 at 233,000 sq ft.
    2) Decent sized bedrooms (for the 3 blocks with private lifts) but some may see it as a drawback as quantum required is larger than average.
    3) The most complete facilities in D11.
    4) Walking distance to United Square from side gate and underpass link to Novena MRT.
    5) Certain high floor units in block 2 and 2A have excellent views because the buildings in front of it are lower and they are not blocked by VIVA.
    6) Quoting Duckweed, traffic jam situation is not too bad.

For me, when the price falls, I think I can only afford Park Infinia at best, not Orchard or Evelyn side. So let me attempt to think of some pros.

1) ...
    2) ...
    3) The most complete facilities in D11.
    4) ...
    bargain hunter, can you elaborate point number 3, i too aiming for D11 condos. my shortlist is Park Infinia and Residences Evelyn

Copy and pasted from somewhere:
    Facilities:
    50m Lap Pool
    Aquagym Pool
    Man Made Beach Pool
    Bubble Pool
    Clubhouse with Function Room, Dance Studio/Music Room, A/V Room, Lounge, Management Office, Changing Rooms
    Gymnasium
    Tennis Courts
    Timber Boardwalk
    Open Lawn
    Bio Pond
    Jungle Spa
    Changing Rooms
    Fitness Corner
    Playground
    Side Gate & Guard House
    Entrance Drop-Off
    Basement Drop-Off
    Basketball Court (half)
    “Volcano” Island
    BBQ Pavilion
    Floating Pavilion

Quote Originally Posted by chosen1
    bargain hunter, can you elaborate point number 3, i too aiming for D11 condos. my shortlist is Park Infinia and Residences Evelyn