Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wat would you do if you where the seller of the 1.2M HDB

Default Wat would you do if you where the seller of the 1.2M HDB

Many people complain singapore expensive no options etc. Start this thread to talk abt options. Actually there are many. many scenario let keep it simple. Example the HDB sold recently 1M. - 1.2M what option the owner hav. And those people who can realized the cash value of their HDB. What next. and how to preserve the wealth to retirement.

Scenario 1.2M HDB sale recently if the profile of the owner ( fictions )
    > husband n wife 55yrs old going to retired.
    > Bought Original pricing from HDB. for the HUDC.
    > min saving just nice to get by for next few yrs
    > Children grown up and already have their own place

I would think one way is with 1.2M spend
    - 80K buy a HDB 30yr leasehold studio
    - After that spend 800K on a old 2 bedder or a >500sqf studio and rent out. Collects ard $3K pm rental.
    - Remaining cash keep as living fund.

or

- Some people complain small need big space to live etc.. ( old liao big space cleaning is a pain.) well but some people cannot get over the down grade mentality. So I suggest takt eh remaining 300K go JB buy a landed to live ( not invest)

So best of the bestest model.. come back singapore 2 weeks a mth still have a place to stay 45sqm MM studio. collect 3K rental a mth while preserving the wealth against inflation plus can hand down to next generation if needed. And still got a big place to live in in JB if need space..

Who say garmen never take care of the people? Got avenue to unlock the wealth is how u use it thats all. not kana siphon by pretty china gers when old

What you guys think?

But dont so extreme like YT. wait he see liao go ask PIL buy a MM HDB studio then squeeze everyone into the HDB stuido n collect rent. ! hah... dont so extreme hor....

Hi all. I will get a three storey Semi-D or terrace (or higher stories) and partition into as many rooms as possible in 2nd and 3rd floor.

Next, I will start renting each rooms with primary our family members will stay in the ground floor.

It will be something like a town-house style.

My parents and in-laws can help providing breakfasts to the tenants and I will install a pay-per-use washing machine/dryer to faciliate the cleaning of the personal belongings of each tenant.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi all. I will get a three storey Semi-D or terrace (or higher stories) and partition into as many rooms as possible in 2nd and 3rd floor.

Next, I will start renting each rooms with primary our family members will stay in the ground floor.

My parents and in-laws can help providing breakfasts to the tenants and I will install a pay-per-use washing machine/dryer to faciliate the cleaning of the personal belongings of each tenant.
    Semi D so cheap meh?
    You already got loan, i don't think you can get anymore loan.

kindly pt me in the direction where I can get a 1.2M Semi-D.. remember seller profile is 55yrs. chances are no much room to take loan and min saving.. Remember people at that age tends to be more reserve in getting all cash tied up. plus have limited risk appetite. Also is retiring or just retired so bank wont loan.

Aiyo. Ah Tan with his brilliant ideas again.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    kindly pt me in the direction where I can get a 1.2M Semi-D.. remember seller profile is 55yrs. chances are no much room to take loan and min saving.. Remember people at that age tends to be more reserve in getting all cash tied up. plus have limited risk appetite.
    Hi.. I am refering to :

1.2 Mil SGD + whatever money I left = positioning myself in the scenario and what action(s) would I take to accomplish on what I aim for.

In this instance, I will opt for a Semi-D or terrace which will help and further consolidate my financial strength.

I will buy 3BR ECO.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Aiyo. Ah Tan with his brilliant ideas again.
    Yeah its people with this kind of mentality that would end up to see MP for help later. I donno abt you guys but if I am 55 and retired or going to retire I doubt I have the appetite for another lehman event where I need to fork out $$ on margin call.

I must engage Ah Tan to manage all my properties....
    partitiion them into many many small cage like HK and rent them out....
    and his entire extended family will be employed to provide my properties as service apartments

Hi.. I am refering to :

1.2 Mil SGD + whatever money I left = positioning myself in the scenario and what action(s) would I take to accomplish on what I aim for.

In this instance, I will opt for a Semi-D or terrace which will help and further consolidate my financial strength.

Well if thats the case u wont have 1.2M anyway.. coz u would have bought the unit at a higher price. The Original owner who bought from HDB would have best yield. Basically its realizing the value garmen give u. not go dig another hole and get stuck later. then go find MP for help.

Basically I am looking at it as how to best utilzed the 1.2M to retire. not take on even more leverage.

at >55 that scenario u wont have much room for error.. if not end up sleeping on the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    and his entire extended family will be employed to provide my properties as service apartments

like that must well copy HK? put in cages. rent cage space. no need to do painting or reno and save on partitioning cost?

anyway get back to the orginal topic. what other options would u guys if you are in that scenario.

Hi.. I must admit I am innovative, creative and aggressive in designing such service(s).

Hi.. I am refering to :

u see taking up more leverage at 55 retired as strength? hmmm... also provided u can get loan.

Hi.. I must admit I am innovative, creative and aggressive in designing such service(s).
    Then I suggest u another idea. get near geylang the semi-D partition room the hrly rates yield higher.

ur MIL n PIL can help u wash tower. u can also consider other accessories business to value add the service.

u see taking up more leverage at 55 retired as strength? hmmm... also provided u can get loan.
    As mentioned, I will try my best to work out in a way that I am fearless. At 55 years old, I believe I have nothing more to lose further as long I have had my family members isolated or monetary associated with me. I am ready to declare bankrupcty if needed.

Then I suggest u another idea. get near geylang the semi-D partition room the hrly rates yield higher.

ur MIL n PIL can help u wash tower. u can also consider other accessories business to value add the service.
    I don't like Geylang.

If I hv $1.2m, and nothing else, I will do :

1, buy a studio apartment
    2. still hv about $1.1m, park them into stocks, bonds to have a 10% yield with levergae, so I will hv about $10,000 to spend a month.

and there should be enough
    rental income at time is not secured, and at 55, liquid asset is a preferred choice in the event of contingency

I don't like Geylang.

Why not good yield leh. good food , just outside city center and price not too high. Consider since u are so Yield driven.

Added vlaue got nice mei mei if bored collecting rent can go kopi tiam watch mei mei in action. good for retirement keep the mind active.

2. still hv about $1.1m, park them into stocks, bonds to have a 10% yield with levergae, so I will hv about $10,000 to spend a month.

rental income at time is not secured, and at 55, liquid asset is a preferred choice in the event of contingency

True..... but some folks cannot handle seeing so many ZERO in the bank. hand itchy

Agreed !! This would be the time when $$$ is needed for overhaul in TTSH, GH,KTPH etc

若是我有一百萬 一百萬 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXSKCS--c3k

As mentioned, I will try my best to work out in a way that I am fearless. At 55 years old, I believe I have nothing more to lose further as long I have had my family members isolated or monetary associated with me. I am ready to declare bankrupcty if needed.

hah hah yeah can go MP meet the people n cry if anything go wrong.. blame garmen neber educate u.

there is a limit to the pax for condo. no limit for landed house? fire safety? health?

Quote Originally Posted by may2012
    there is a limit to the pax for condo. no limit for landed house? fire safety? health?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/homeowner/land...roperty.htm#n2

yes there is.. well YT will tell u he have other magic way.. maybe get his BIL or relative to marry the tenants etc.. aggressively creatively mah.

yes there is.. well YT will tell u he have other magic way.. maybe get his BIL or relative to marry the tenants etc.. aggressively creatively mah.
    thanks for the info.

Each occupant should have at least 10 sqm of space. The maximum number of occupants in a residential unit is 8, no matter how big the unit is.
    This includes the owner if he is living within the premises.
    This does not apply if the unit is occupied by a family without any subletting.

one way is to have intensive renovation. and sub strata titled it, just like mountbatten lodge.

outdated song liao. million no enough

Wow..look like mini hotel leh...got provide room service Bo... !

again and again

Sell condom n tissue paper...sure got business there.. !

Ya...isolated them once money transfer to....hehehe !
    Last edited by CondoWE; 19-09-12 at 19:33.