Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Road connectivity and feasibility

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,511

    Default Road connectivity and feasibility

    Places like Punggol and Hillviews are building apartments. With huge amount supply of houses in near horizon, how will the road accomodate the hungry traffic?

    Is there any plan to alleviate the foreseen circumstance?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default

    Ministers expect u to squeeze in buses/MRTs

    They will ensure that by having > 100k COE even for small car
    Ride at your own risk !!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    they want you to walk...as they are building more and more park connectivities.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Ministers expect u to squeeze in buses/MRTs

    They will ensure that by having > 100k COE even for small car
    I have already planning to give up my car, and have my whole family members walk the walkway to public transportation network.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,035

    Default

    All around the island will have jams, not just CTE and the city.

    That will be the time when city and fringe housing goes up even more. Right now we are not there yet, still very much a breeze travelling at the outside region.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    they want you to walk...as they are building more and more park connectivities.
    It is not the walk that matters, I am concern if the road can accomodate the growth of the population within the district.

    For example, Flamingo valley, Hillview Avenue, Punggol central etc.

    If it is overly congested, wouldn't it impact the productivity of the residents?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    they want you to walk...as they are building more and more park connectivities.
    Get you to cycle too, as they are planning to build some bicycle paths.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    It is not the walk that matters, I am concern if the road can accomodate the growth of the population within the district.

    For example, Flamingo valley, Hillview Avenue, Punggol central etc.

    If it is overly congested, wouldn't it impact the productivity of the residents?
    It will definitely, so you should consider selling FV. I am willing to consider offers below 1.2m.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,926

    Default

    Yes, yowetan, you can always count on this forum to dispose your FV in time of distress ... no agent is required

    Of course, I see that you are prudent to dispose your car now

    Ride at your own risk !!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    It will definitely, so you should consider selling FV. I am willing to consider offers below 1.2m.
    wa u Ah B in disguise is it?? thought he just bought 1.5m right?

    If they dont do it fast enough, we will be like bangkok very soon. Jam jam jam.

    look at JLD, Punggol, etc...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,990

    Default

    bulk order Brompton for locals only.

    $100 to get one only.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    It is not the walk that matters, I am concern if the road can accomodate the growth of the population within the district.

    For example, Flamingo valley, Hillview Avenue, Punggol central etc.

    If it is overly congested, wouldn't it impact the productivity of the residents?
    Yowetan,

    Sorry for me asking here, may be i am just too kay poh ..

    But why are u so eng eng wan.. can TCSS here .. at this time ? working for a foreign bank can't be so free meh ? Kenna caught or complained by your colleague how how ? You want to risk your Company 90% housing loan isit ??

    Can't be so right ? Do you actually work in a bank ?

    Are u yowetan as you claim ??

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    Yowetan,

    Sorry for me asking here, may be i am just too kay poh ..

    But why are u so eng eng wan.. can TCSS here .. at this time ? working for a foreign bank can't be so free meh ? Kenna caught or complained by your colleague how how ? You want to risk your Company 90% housing loan isit ??

    Can't be so right ? Do you actually work in a bank ?

    Are u yowetan as you claim ??
    i has mentioned before that healthcare workers are more productive per task, but total work done in a day is the same, so healthcare workers has more time to surf internet.

    well, YT illustrate my point about productivity.
    YT has mentioned before that he is efficient and no need for OT to complete his work. I believe YT has become more productive, yet total workload is the same, so he has more time to surf the net.

    BTW YT, your mailbox is full, so i cannot give you my fatherly advice. messages are limited to 50.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    i has mentioned before that healthcare workers are more productive per task, but total work done in a day is the same, so healthcare workers has more time to surf internet.

    well, YT illustrate my point about productivity.
    YT has mentioned before that he is efficient and no need for OT to complete his work. I believe YT has become more productive, yet total workload is the same, so he has more time to surf the net.

    BTW YT, your mailbox is full, so i cannot give you my fatherly advice. messages are limited to 50.
    Hi. Thanks for reminding me. I have manage to clear and free up the limited mailbox space.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,739

    Default

    Authority should also look at how to make traffic flow better by
    - restricting heavy trucks from using busy main roads during peak hours
    - fine people who hog the road
    - fine people to cut into queues at slip roads
    - ....
    in many cases jams are unnecessarily caused by above

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    Yowetan,

    Sorry for me asking here, may be i am just too kay poh ..

    But why are u so eng eng wan.. can TCSS here .. at this time ? working for a foreign bank can't be so free meh ? Kenna caught or complained by your colleague how how ? You want to risk your Company 90% housing loan isit ??

    Can't be so right ? Do you actually work in a bank ?

    Are u yowetan as you claim ??
    he using iphone 5 on 4g network......can tcss anytime.....anywhere...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    -: 26-04-12, 00:09
  2. Replies: 1
    -: 01-06-11, 14:13
  3. Replies: 5
    -: 20-07-09, 13:50
  4. URA puts up Stamford Road/North Bridge Road site for sale
    By mr funny in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 0
    -: 18-12-08, 17:16
  5. Road sinks at Cornwall Gardens Road, creating massive hole
    By mr funny in forum Landed Property
    Replies: 1
    -: 25-05-08, 20:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •