Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Come JB Sky Better Than Bishan Sky? What's Their Secret?

Default How Come JB Sky Better Than Bishan Sky? What's Their Secret?

JB Setia Sky 88 was recently launched with record breaking sky high prices and all units were sold out.

Bishan Sky Habitat was also launched earlier at record breaking sky high prices but units were only snapped up, not sold out.

How come? JB better than Bishan??

Singapore is world class city and JB is a well known crime city. How come investors are willing to pay record sky high prices for JB Sky?

JB Sky were priced at KLCC prime condos prices and all units that Singaporean can buy were sold out. What's is JB SKy success secrets?

Has JB properties just turned hot? It was cold for the last 15 years, at least. One can still buy completed condo units in JB city for RM 300 psf.

An unsafe city with gross oversupply of unsold residential units can sell commercial service apartments to Singaporean buyers at RM 1,000 psf?
    Last edited by 30years; 09-09-12 at 01:20.

Quote Originally Posted by 30years
    JB Setia Sky 88 was recently launched with record breaking sky high prices and all units were sold out.

Bishan Sky Habitat was also launched earlier at record breaking sky high prices but units were only snapped up, not sold out.

Singapore is world class city and JB is a well known crime city. How come investors are willing to pay record sky high prices for JB Sky?

JB Sky were priced at KLCC prime condos prices and all units that Singaporean can buy were sold out. What's is JB SKy success secrets?

Has JB properties just turned hot? It was cold for the last 15 years, at least. One can still buy completed condo units in JB city for RM 300 psf.

An unsafe city with gross oversupply of unsold residential units can sell commercial service apartments to Singaporean buyers at RM 1,000 psf?
    ....you are out of touch......

Two "secrets" - favorable exchange rate and rumour of nearby future MRT. Land cost for developers near future MRT in Singapore is already way higher than a completed unit there in terms of psf.

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ....you are out of touch......
    My out of touch still doesn't shed light into why one crime sky sold out while the better sky only snapped up.

I was in touch with JB properties before the 2nd link was built. Used to drive there with my fried to see what we could invest. We looked at Leisure Farm then. Too expensive then, for our standard. Lucky didn't buy.

Those who threw money into JB properties in the past never see much or any profit. Only loss.

This have changed now? I am out of touch?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Two "secrets" - favorable exchange rate and rumour of nearby future MRT. Land cost for developers near future MRT in Singapore is already way higher than a completed unit there in terms of psf.
    The future MRT stations there are no secret lah. We already know about the rumored future MRT plans for JB long time ago, down to the name and possible location of the nearest stations to the causeway. In Bolehland, plans can remain as plans for a very long time and may never materialize.

The exchange rate has been favorable for donkeys years, it is no secret.

You didn't stay in touch all this while?

Could the name with the golden 88 number had made a difference?

Had Capitaland named it Bisahan Sky 88, maybe all units would be sold out.

Singapore Capitaland need to learn marketing tricks from Bolehland developer.

The future MRT stations there are no secret lah. We already know about the rumored future MRT plans for JB long time ago, down to the name and possible location of the nearest stations to the causeway. In Bolehland, plans can remain as plans for a very long time and may never materialize.

Maybe. U cld have missed my JB posts.

My out of touch still doesn't shed light into why one crime sky sold out while the better sky only snapped up.

I was in touch with JB properties before the 2nd link was built. Used to drive there with my fried to see what we could invest. We looked at Leisure Farm then. Too expensive then, for our standard. Lucky didn't buy.

Those who threw money into JB properties in the past never see much or any profit. Only loss.

...which is what I meant, you are out of touch......people who bought Leisure Farm have made quite a lot......sorry you missed the boat.

.....anyway Sinagporean are not their only buyers.....

Quote from link below:
    “The buyers are from Indonesia and China and they show preference for Iskandar, Johor Baru and Kuala Lumpur.
    “Indonesians prefer Iskandar because it is close to Singapore,”

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...2&sec=business

with liquidity in the market, low interest rate and favorable exchange rate, a lot of singa buyers are gambling...here can only buy MM and there can buy much bigger units, so, cheong eh....

but, they might not have realised that JB is afterall JB...if the correction comes, it will be even more worst hit! when recession looms, social crime increase on the other side with more scary stories, u will see the impact once again. last time some of my friend condo in JB can grow bird nest, and now, no diff le, they still grow bird nest...

just my opinion...

Sky88, a FH project, is designed by Singapore-based consultant, CPG, while BS, a LH, is by renowed architect.
    Could the name with the golden 88 number had made a difference?

Had Capitaland named it Bisahan Sky 88, maybe all units would be sold out.

Singapore Capitaland need to learn marketing tricks from Bolehland developer.

ppl are buying to flip, just dont end up as the end user.

Which place is safer if stay in JB in your opinion? FH condo with security + facilities, near to custom and with the rumours of future MRT station. Supported by many JB ppl who work in Singapore with the favour exchange rate. Price in Malaysia now looked reasonable. But imo, i will give this a miss.

1.8Million bungalow in East Ledang 2-3 years ago now selling ~2.8Million. Not as what u claimed all losing money.

btw, although the crime rate is high. but it shouldn't be named as crime city. At least, the crimes are still controllable. With your strong biases toward JB as crime city will not lead you to the real reason why Sky 88 can all sold(for non-bumi lots) while the expensive Bishan Sky managed snapped up.

if i m not wrong, KL prime condo now asking ~RM1500psf- RM2000psf? anyone can confirm?

Crime will spread to singapore when the MRT connects. It is obvious that the day is coming where people will be staying in JB with the kind of high cost of living in Singapore. We will be relocating a lot of the industry there.

I am picturing a typical zombie movie....

Maybe they'll next have reflections @ iskandar and sell it for myr1200psf. The one thing they aren't short of is land.

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ...which is what I meant, you are out of touch......people who bought Leisure Farm have made quite a lot......sorry you missed the boat.
    agreed lol. he's just being a sour grape.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    agreed lol. he's just being a sour grape.
    You sound like your nick without the e.

Told you I make my living from properties, not grapes. I also own rice fields but have never grown grapes before. Me no sour grape.

Are you envious or jealous or what? If got nothing useful to say, stick you nic up your mouth!

You sound like your nick without the e.

Told you I make my living from properties, not grapes. I also own rice fields but have never grown grapes before. Me no sour grape.

Are you envious or jealous or what? If got nothing useful to say, stick you nic up your mouth!
    what you have written in the first post is pure nonsense with no research. you dont have to flash your wealth here. If you're in a forum asking for opinion, you're probably not doing that well.

whatever you have made in life or bought, good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Crime will spread to singapore when the MRT connects.
    I hope that will not happen .
    I am now very afraid to go across the causeway.
    Also have not been to KL for a long time.

It is obvious that the day is coming where people will be staying in JB with the kind of high cost of living in Singapore. We will be relocating a lot of the industry there.
    Sounds possible.
    But they have to step up their security in that region before people will have confidence in relocating there.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    what you have written in the first post is pure nonsense with no research. you dont have to flash your wealth here. If you're in a forum asking for opinion, you're probably not doing that well.

whatever you have made in life or bought, good for you.
    My first post has 7 lines/paragraphs. Which one is pure nonsense with no research?

If what I wrote in my first post is indeed pure nonsense with no research, I will admit my mistake and apologize to all readers.

I am in this forum just like the others, for whatever our reasons, be it for learning, sharing or just having fun.

Your post in this thread has no head and no tail. Calling someone a sour grape without research is not pure nonsense?

Malaysia boleh...land of modern day cowboys driving lorries and trucks.

Watched the video on Setia Sky 88. It said the development is just "2 minutes from the Causeway". This is pure nonsense. Don't believe me, do your own research and try driving there yourself. Only pigeons can get to the causeway in 2 minutes, from the building when it is ready. Humans cannot get to the causeway in 2 minutes, unless they are vampires. Waiting for the lift and riding it down to the car park from the highest floors would probably take 2 minutes.

They have already planned for one in iskandar region. It is only a fraction of the $psf at reflection and FH too. Our reflection is a nice place as I was dining there a few days ago. Nice ambience for couples at night and outing for family during the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Maybe they'll next have reflections @ iskandar and sell it for myr1200psf. The one thing they aren't short of is land.

Watched the video on Setia Sky 88. It said the development is just "2 minutes from the Causeway". This is pure nonsense. Don't believe me, do your own research and try driving there yourself. Only pigeons can get to the causeway in 2 minutes, from the building when it is ready. Humans cannot get to the causeway in 2 minutes, unless they are vampires. Waiting for the lift and riding it down to the car park from the highest floors would probably take 2 minutes.
    what about delay time getting robbed...

Thumbs down

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VzGnYATkPc...0/Sea+Hill.jpg

that's like saying this is the view you will get for buying seahill

This kind of pricing I would rather get similar freehold luxury condo at KLCC vicinity. Go search Hampshire Residences, Hampshire Places, Panorama etc.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I hope that will not happen .
    I am now very afraid to go across the causeway.
    Also have not been to KL for a long time.

Sounds possible.
    But they have to step up their security in that region before people will have confidence in relocating there.
    It is obvious that the day is coming where people will be staying in JB with the kind of high cost of living in Singapore. We will be relocating a lot of the industry there.
    agreed. with rocketing prices here, a really good long term solution for the govt is to improve connectivity with JB and spill over. definitely this will help ease the prices and give people more optimism.

but it is difficult with the country's troubled politics, poor governance and corruption. the result is the high crime rate and dampened investor confidence. while improved relations between sg and msia have helped stir up some investment, still its a long way to go. but sg and jb are just too physically close to not affect each other.

while still many people are scared of going to jb, not to mention buying property, what if there was good connectivity (eg MRT), low crime and high investor confidence? i'd imagine a huge portion of the low and middle income, especially with families, will move there.

Quote Originally Posted by ethan80
    agreed. with rocketing prices here, a really good long term solution for the govt is to improve connectivity with JB and spill over. definitely this will help ease the prices and give people more optimism.

but it is difficult with the country's troubled politics, poor governance and corruption. the result is the high crime rate and dampened investor confidence. while improved relations between sg and msia have helped stir up some investment, still its a long way to go. but sg and jb are just too physically close to not affect each other.

while still many people are scared of going to jb, not to mention buying property, what if there was good connectivity (eg MRT), low crime and high investor confidence? i'd imagine a huge portion of the low and middle income, especially with families, will move there.
    nevermind even if $100 per sq ft i wont buy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjTUeMbdv-c