Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 8% increment for teachers, possibly next.the poly, ite and uni. impact on properties?

Default 8% increment for teachers, possibly next.the poly, ite and uni. impact on properties?

If you have been following the news, teachers are given 8% increment wef Aug. Perhaps the tertiary (ite, poly, uni) may follow suit in the coming month. Any thoughts on the implication on the sg property scene given those are a huge pool (between 40000-50000 people)?

Wage inflation without productivity increase is drug addiction, of course will push up median income lah

nurses/doctors up 15/20%
    cleaners/ntuc cashiers/security guards/marine workers/cleaners up 10-15%
    civil servants up 10%
    maid salary up
    bond prices up
    property price up

UP UP UP UP UP one day will reach Holland (hokkien)
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 07-09-12 at 09:26.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

days of a plate of chicken rice costing $10 is coming

chers start buying into condos and landed

Agents take my advice. Start advertising via school notice boards and websites banners.
    Even better. Get the students to part time flyer distribute into teachers pigeon hole or send direct edm to their Moe email address.

Students. Don't forget you can earn extra pocket money by selling your teachers handphone numbers to property agents.

GEO 50 bucks per number
    SEO 200 bucks

every upward movement with regards to $$$$ will have an impact on sing property mkt...

more enbloc sales...pay increase...qe3...euro bond buying...there is NO stopping the rise of property prices in singapore....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    every upward movement with regards to $$$$ will have an impact on sing property mkt...

more enbloc sales...pay increase...qe3...euro bond buying...there is NO stopping the rise of property prices in singapore....
    i can hear Mr B banging his head and screaming off

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    days of a plate of chicken rice costing $10 is coming
    definately wont go back to $1...

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    i can hear Mr B banging his head and screaming off
    aiyah....1 million people say price will go up...only 1 person say go down who u believe...

Go toilet is still 10cents, no change.

Not every teacher deserves the increment, some work harder than others, most are just in the profession for the long paid holidays, long maternity leave

your toilet where one? those that I go 20c leh

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Not every teacher deserves the increment, some work harder than others, most are just in the profession for the long paid holidays, long maternity leave
    some eat snake....

I know one primary school teacher so relaxed, everyday just teaching a small handful of lower primary kids for learning support programme until her level of competency never go past primary three n she never bother to keep in pace with other levels, some p6 kids I know are more well versed in the syllabus than her. Her drawn salary $5k plus a month really wasting taxpayers money.
    some eat snake....

I know one primary school teacher so relaxed, everyday just teaching a small handful of lower primary kids for learning support programme until her level of competency never go past primary three n she never bother to keep in pace with other levels, some p6 kids I know are more well versed in the syllabus than her. Her drawn salary $5k plus a month really wasting taxpayers money.
    hai ya govt sector got many many many such people...

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    If you have been following the news, teachers are given 8% increment wef Aug. Perhaps the tertiary (ite, poly, uni) may follow suit in the coming month. Any thoughts on the implication on the sg property scene given those are a huge pool (between 40000-50000 people)?
    seriously think where is the 8% going to come from...

hdb/coe/cov=moe

The govt over rewarding civil servants, giving pay raise like nobody's business. Many workers in the private sector have to prove their performance before getting a raise. In singapore thousands of incompetent civil servants just get dragged along to enjoy the benefits, very much like how tintin got into parliament. This system of tagging along for benefit should change so that individual civil servants can be assessed on their own merits before they are entitled to their bonuses and pay increments.
    hai ya govt sector got many many many such people...

The govt over rewarding civil servants, giving pay raise like nobody's business. Many workers in the private sector have to prove their performance before getting a raise. In singapore thousands of incompetent civil servants just get dragged along to enjoy the benefits, very much like how tintin got into parliament. This system of tagging along for benefit should change so that individual civil servants can be assessed on their own merits before they are entitled to their bonuses and pay increments.
    absolutely, consider the amount of cock-ups, over spent budget , lack of transparency, extreme slack in audit , consider the report of the poor ministry agency with high wastage ,No control ,.. People in genhu job really bo chup .. after all ah gong money seem plenty from every where

u guys dun understand

1. Many doctors/nurses go private
    2. Many teachers set up tuition centres
    3. Preschool commands very high fees

demand and supply, again due to flood of immigrants ... not enough hospital beds and preschools

...you want to pay teachers peanut$, you get monkeys to teach your children......

The more you assess the teachers based on students' academic performance, the capable ones might as well set up their own tuition center and charge higher fees for their coaching skills (smaller group size ... higher profit etc)

Teaching is no more noble in such a case ... I also know a teacher who quits after giving birth

Construction workers all paid peanuts so that means the house you live in is going to collapse? Police constables all paid peanuts also so they let thieves go away scot free? Firemen paid peanuts also so why they bother to risk their lives to save people from burning buildings? Counsellors also paid peanuts so they tell problem teenagers to go and die? pay should never be the motivating factor to enter into the teaching profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ...you want to pay teachers peanut$, you get monkeys to teach your children......

Construction workers all paid peanuts so that means the house you live in is going to collapse? Police constables all paid peanuts also so they let thieves go away scot free? Firemen paid peanuts also so why they bother to risk their lives to save people from burning buildings? Counsellors also paid peanuts so they tell problem teenagers to go and die? pay should never be the motivating factor to enter into the teaching profession.
    Dont know whether you use your brain to think or your a** to write.
    Teachers are bunch of degree holders, some with masters or phd and they go for years of training before they become qualify. You expect them to draw construction worker's salary? There are good teachers and civil servants out there. Dont use one or a few cases to support your stupid reasoning. Im in private sector and theres tons of highly paid slackers too.
    Really stupid argument.
    You didnt know our education system in singapore is top class? So you mean all teachers are sleeping?

I was illustrating the moral duty of a teacher to perform their task well regardless of pay as another forumer mentioned if you pay teachers peanuts, you get monkey, I think you are reading my posting out of context. I won't say all teachers are slackers, but I have come across many who are. giving blanket pay increments will just encourage slackers to remain as slackers and does not raise standards. Btw in case you are ignorant about it, teachers teach based on a fixed syllabus so there isn't much impetus from them in terms of teaching content. Think you better read postings carefully before you rebut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo2010
    Dont know whether you use your brain to think or your a** to write.
    Teachers are bunch of degree holders, some with masters or phd and they go for years of training before they become qualify. You expect them to draw construction worker's salary? There are good teachers and civil servants out there. Dont use one or a few cases to support your stupid reasoning. Im in private sector and theres tons of highly paid slackers too.
    Really stupid argument.
    You didnt know our education system in singapore is top class? So you mean all teachers are sleeping?

why argue argue ? don't u see ?
    last election , pap discovereed that there were civil servant openly supporting the Blues team.

they now worried like crazy , better pay them well before 2016...

I was illustrating the moral duty of a teacher to perform their task well regardless of pay as another forumer mentioned if you pay teachers peanuts, you get monkey, I think you are reading my posting out of context. I won't say all teachers are slackers, but I have come across many who are. giving blanket pay increments will just encourage slackers to remain as slackers and does not raise standards. Btw in case you are ignorant about it, teachers teach based on a fixed syllabus so there isn't much impetus from them in terms of teaching content. Think you better read postings carefully before you rebut.
    Sorry if i got to say you stupid again.
    Yes syllabus are fixed but teaching pedagogies, approaches are diff and are based on teacher's experience and requires deep thinking and planning before lesson can be executed effectively. You didnt know every schools, every classes comes with different student's profile and hence different learning capacity and styles? Your argument means all teacher can teach in a "one size fits all" manner? And their life would become very easy in that sense.
    I seriously suggest u better get to know more of their job scope first before making a huge embarrassment in front of all.

Won't bother arguing with an imbecile like you who knows nothing about education. Again you are taking my post out of context, I said there is little input by teachers in terms of teaching content (i.e. Syllabus) not approach to teaching, n a dumbass like you can't undetstand. Think you should attend some english lessons, really a hopeless case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo2010
    Sorry if i got to say you stupid again.
    Yes syllabus are fixed but teaching pedagogies, approaches are diff and are based on teacher's experience and requires deep thinking and planning before lesson can be executed effectively. You didnt know every schools, every classes comes with different student's profile and hence different learning capacity and styles? Your argument means all teacher can teach in a "one size fits all" manner? And their life would become very easy in that sense.
    I seriously suggest u better get to know more of their job scope first before making a huge embarrassment in front of all.
    Last edited by Regulators; 07-09-12 at 20:37.

I find many private tuition centers also bullshit, copy from Books, never explain proplerly & just ask kids to copy model answers blindly.

Won't bother arguing with an imbecile like you who knows nothing about education. Again you are taking my post out of context, I said there is little input by teachers in terms of teaching content (i.e. Syllabus) n a dumbass like you can't undetstand. Think you should attend some english lessons, really a hopeless case.

if the tuition centre is no gd, the students will move elsewhere, if a teacher is crap, do students get to change teachers? Tuition centres have to constantly be ahead and do a gd job to survive, teachers don't have to, they get paid no matter how crappy their students perform. You ask me how I know, coz I know many teachers. Some constantly get a D grade year after year yet they still cross bar and get pay increment and bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    I find many private tuition centers also bullshit, copy from Books, never explain proplerly & just ask kids to copy model answers blindly.

if the tuition centre is no gd, the students will move elsewhere, if a teacher is crap, do students get to change teachers? Tuition centres have to constantly be ahead and do a gd job to survive, teachers don't have to, they get paid no matter how crappy their students perform. You ask me how I know, coz I know many teachers. Some constantly get a D grade year after year yet they still cross bar and get pay increment and bonuses.
    Regulators run tuition centres...at least a few...don't play play