Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Intero

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by owner
    here i am a 1st time new hse owner can tell me what shall i look out for? is the door as promised to be with some design?thanks Den04
    hard to tell you what to look out for... if you are not sure, bring lots of friends / relatives to help you.

I brought my ID + contractor so they helped a lot.

hmm on the door, i dun recall any designs on it. not sure what your sales agent told you but their words cant be trusted for sure.

lastly, 1 thing I am disappointed with is the Maint fee turned out higher than promised... i guess the power bills and inflation over 2 years resulted in the jump?

puzzled Guest

Does anyone inspect the common areas? what if the developer chiak on things there .. later got use maintenance fee to repair.

twentieth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by den04
    dear owners

1 important thing to note when u get ur keys!

You must read the manual and OVERRIDE the developer's master key before you leave the house!

I learnt the hard way haha and got locked out by the Gateman.

In short, you have to sync the 2 new pair of keys given with the Gateman locks, before it can be used.

Heads up for all!

btw, i love the clipsal switches!
    sounds cool. going to collect my keys now.. will take note of your pointers ya. thanks~!

twentieth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by puzzled
    Does anyone inspect the common areas? what if the developer chiak on things there .. later got use maintenance fee to repair.
    i will walk around the compound later. try to see if anything is not right...

passer-by Guest

congratulations to all Intero owners for getting their keys to their dream home.

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by twentieth
    i will walk around the compound later. try to see if anything is not right...
    Most important is to check the accounts. Most developers will try to dump all the repairs, rectification and maintenance works into the subsidiary proprietors funds, knowing full well that the residents would not be in the MC for the next couple of years. Make sure you choose your MA, as the first MA would be appointed by the developer and are sort of "beholden" to them.

In other words, scrutinise carefully where your funds are going to. Some will inevitably be funnelled to rectification works (fairly or otherwise).

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Most important is to check the accounts. Most developers will try to dump all the repairs, rectification and maintenance works into the subsidiary proprietors funds, knowing full well that the residents would not be in the MC for the next couple of years. Make sure you choose your MA, as the first MA would be appointed by the developer and are sort of "beholden" to them.

In other words, scrutinise carefully where your funds are going to. Some will inevitably be funnelled to rectification works (fairly or otherwise).
    The MA will act for 12 months afterwhich the residents will appoint their own MA. Meanwhile, residents will still sit in the monthly meetings to voice their opinions. Most importantly, ALL MAJOR DEFECTS MUST AND SHOULD BE MINUTED IN THE MEETINGS FOR RECORD. Even after defects liability period is over the developer will still need to oblige because owners have already registered their dissatisfaction.

BTW, the interim MA is Landsfield Property Consultants.

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by microscope
    The MA will act for 12 months afterwhich the residents will appoint their own MA. Meanwhile, residents will still sit in the monthly meetings to voice their opinions. Most importantly, ALL MAJOR DEFECTS MUST AND SHOULD BE MINUTED IN THE MEETINGS FOR RECORD. Even after defects liability period is over the developer will still need to oblige because owners have already registered their dissatisfaction.

BTW, the interim MA is Landsfield Property Consultants.
    Well... you would be surprised how many residents are aware or will turn up. Francis Koh is quite knowledgeable in his area of expertise. Just be aware of the "beholden" part.

Unregistered0 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Well... you would be surprised how many residents are aware or will turn up. Francis Koh is quite knowledgeable in his area of expertise. Just be aware of the "beholden" part.
    who's Francis Koh?? since he is quite knowledgeable, its good to know him. any idea how to reach him?

Default thanks

hard to tell you what to look out for... if you are not sure, bring lots of friends / relatives to help you.

I brought my ID + contractor so they helped a lot.

hmm on the door, i dun recall any designs on it. not sure what your sales agent told you but their words cant be trusted for sure.

lastly, 1 thing I am disappointed with is the Maint fee turned out higher than promised... i guess the power bills and inflation over 2 years resulted in the jump?
    will ask more family members to go down on sunday.. can i kknow who is your contractor? thanks..u can sent me a pte message too.. i really dunno much abt design etc..thanks for help

Unregistered88 Guest

sounds cool. going to collect my keys now.. will take note of your pointers ya. thanks~!
    What kind of lock is this? Can share more?

Unregistered88 Guest

dear owners

1 important thing to note when u get ur keys!

You must read the manual and OVERRIDE the developer's master key before you leave the house!

I learnt the hard way haha and got locked out by the Gateman.

In short, you have to sync the 2 new pair of keys given with the Gateman locks, before it can be used.

Heads up for all!

btw, i love the clipsal switches!
    What kind of lock is this? Can share more?

Default helloo

we managed to catch up with some of the neighbours ( right, wayne? nice meeting u and your family!!)... i met my next door neighbours too and was so happy to see them.so far really happy to see the neighbours and we are so excited about moving it.. they are quite helpful, managed to get 2 boys from the 13th floor to baby sit my child cos i forgotten to bring my son's clothes down to the pool.

well do have some defects and holes and saw a big cockcoach in my toilet... hmmm some people have been staying in my unit and suspect there are some sign of usage but well will get them to change some stuff..

Unregistered88 Guest

we managed to catch up with some of the neighbours ( right, wayne? nice meeting u and your family!!)... i met my next door neighbours too and was so happy to see them.so far really happy to see the neighbours and we are so excited about moving it.. they are quite helpful, managed to get 2 boys from the 13th floor to baby sit my child cos i forgotten to bring my son's clothes down to the pool.

well do have some defects and holes and saw a big cockcoach in my toilet... hmmm some people have been staying in my unit and suspect there are some sign of usage but well will get them to change some stuff..
    Think we should consolidate and share our defects list so that we can have a lookout?

Mango Guest

Thumbs down defects

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered88
    Think we should consolidate and share our defects list so that we can have a lookout?
    Another defect buyers should include is the MAIN DOOR. Show flat door has decorative lines. Developer is cutting corners bcos during the construction stage 2007, the costs of granite and sand had gone up and therefore developer expects buyers to subsidise costs, right??? Main door is important bcos it signifies the image and luck to the unit.

mutton ((: Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mango
    Another defect buyers should include is the MAIN DOOR. Show flat door has decorative lines. Developer is cutting corners bcos during the construction stage 2007, the costs of granite and sand had gone up and therefore developer expects buyers to subsidise costs, right??? Main door is important bcos it signifies the image and luck to the unit.

Yes. I do remember seeing the door at the show flat with silver trimmings and design. If you want, i have a photo available. Interested???

Bull Guest

Thumbs up Hurray

wow, that is good sign, keep it up neighbours of Intero. We must support each other especially fighting for developer to rectify defects.

We must stand up and fight for our rights and justice as far as defects are concern!!

Unregistered88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mutton ((:
    Yes. I do remember seeing the door at the show flat with silver trimmings and design. If you want, i have a photo available. Interested???
    Seems like we have a great community ahead. Keep the defects list going. But of course, hope all us hv min defects. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by mutton ((:
    can show us? thanks!!

twentieth Guest

Hi Folks,

Been really busy over the weekend. Took over the keys and start looking out for defects and consolidating them to be submitted to the project contractor. Defects really a lot I would say. For my unit, total defects have crossed the 100 mark!

Instead of using the original form issued by the contractor, I tabulated the defects into an excel spreadsheet and print it out. I believe it will be neater this way.

Overall, I find the craftsmanship not up to standard. There are defects which are really ridiculous. My advice is to really scrutinize every little space in your unit. After all, the repair work to be done by the contractor is FOC to you.

Good luck and enjoy the process, that's the most important.

p/s: Nice meeting you, Owner.

Angry

I went through the defects today. Boy! The number of defects were countless. In the end, I gave up writing on the paper and told them to refer to masking tape markings found all over my unit.

Eg Uneven surface found on main door
    Bedroom doors when closed becomes fat man
    Kitchen cabinets closed with loud noise even with built-in mechanism
    Rusty screws being used
    Numerous scratches on kitchen tiles
    Orangey fillings found between toilet tiles
    Sigh! The list goes on and on.........

Anyone knows where to put the gas cylinder with such small kitchen cabinets?

I agree with Twentieth that the craftmanship is not up to standard. Care to share your defect listings?

Dear Owners

I created an online community for sharing / getting to know each other.

Please register to gain access to the private forum:

http://intero.sgboards.com/intero.html

twentieth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lot39
    I went through the defects today. Boy! The number of defects were countless. In the end, I gave up writing on the paper and told them to refer to masking tape markings found all over my unit.

Rusty screws being used

I agree with Twentieth that the craftmanship is not up to standard. Care to share your defect listings?
    Yes. Other defects would include uneven floor tiles in the living room, corrosion on taps in master bedroom toilet and kitchen, rusty nails, missing screws from windows and balcony doors...

Default oh no, we did not even check that..

Yes. Other defects would include uneven floor tiles in the living room, corrosion on taps in master bedroom toilet and kitchen, rusty nails, missing screws from windows and balcony doors...
    i just went but we miss out the window and balcony door..oops maybe must go again this sunday...

yes was disappointed with the door..

Quote Originally Posted by Lot39

Rusty screws being used

i find the kitchen cabinet a bit stiff not easy to open the drawers but i forgotten to put it down... how long did they say they will need to do up the place again?

twentieth Guest

i find the kitchen cabinet a bit stiff not easy to open the drawers but i forgotten to put it down... how long did they say they will need to do up the place again?
    i remember about 10 days?? bout there...

Default cleaning up

i was too zealous about keeping the new place clean and was busy cleaning up the place and Mr Chia came to collect my list and told me no need to clean up cos the workers will be doing repair work...arrrrh.. all my efforts wasted..i even wash my balcony but there is a persisent lizard poo that refused to come off that i classified as defects..

our list is 4 pages long n i just called mr chia maybe i will add more as i visit the place again....

i noticed there are cockroaches around.. i cant find ( too scared to find ) the one i saw in my toilet on sunday but just now when washing my balcony i saw one in my neighbour balcony...

and i saw a dead one just outside the function room.. hmmmm i hope they keep the place clean..

Default window

i was too zealous about keeping the new place clean and was busy cleaning up the place and Mr Chia came to collect my list and told me no need to clean up cos the workers will be doing repair work...arrrrh.. all my efforts wasted..i even wash my balcony but there is a persisent lizard poo that refused to come off that i classified as defects..

our list is 4 pages long n i just called mr chia maybe i will add more as i visit the place again....

i noticed there are cockroaches around.. i cant find ( too scared to find ) the one i saw in my toilet on sunday but just now when washing my balcony i saw one in my neighbour balcony...

and i saw a dead one just outside the function room.. hmmmm i hope they keep the place clean..
    i am living in stack 03 and i find it hot in the afternoon...wonder if they are doing anything about the window...

twentieth Guest

ya..no need to clean the place until very clean, the workers are coming to repair the defects, and the whole place will be dirty again. what we did was to just mop the floor that's all. so when we step inside, will not feel so uncomfortable.

cockroaches...hmmm so far none has infiltrated my unit *cross fingers and pray hard*

as for the windows, my family is fixing up solar films to counter the heat from the morning sun in the master bedroom.

Default hmmmm

ya..no need to clean the place until very clean, the workers are coming to repair the defects, and the whole place will be dirty again. what we did was to just mop the floor that's all. so when we step inside, will not feel so uncomfortable.

cockroaches...hmmm so far none has infiltrated my unit *cross fingers and pray hard*

as for the windows, my family is fixing up solar films to counter the heat from the morning sun in the master bedroom.
    maybe u can tell me where to get the film tooo.. my son was rolling all over the place on sunday so i thought i will clean up today but wow it is just as dirty even though windows are closed...

i guess mine got " visitors" (cockcoach) cos of this

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/si...t.jsp?id=24723

i think it could be my unit or some one else featured there cos i remember passing by few mths ago and seeing workers clothing hanging at the window..

but i am fine as long as the pest shift out when i shift in.. ha ha..