Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Intero

Default hello

Quote Originally Posted by twentieth
    That's cool! Seems like you are one of the earlier ones who got their key.
    i think i know who you are... ... yes looking forward to moving in soon... i am wondering why now they put on the solar thing..is it because of the complaint? i really hope it helps cos i am worried about the heat n the high utilities bills..seee u around!

Default hellloo den04

Quote Originally Posted by den04
    hello

I expect to collect the keys today.

wow you are one of the early ones.. i doubt we can collect so soon.... we will catch up when we move in.. see you!!

twentieth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by owner
    i think i know who you are... ... yes looking forward to moving in soon... i am wondering why now they put on the solar thing..is it because of the complaint? i really hope it helps cos i am worried about the heat n the high utilities bills..seee u around!
    you know me?? serious ah?? lol~ i guess they do not want to waste the effort/money/time to change the whole glass panel and opt for the easier way out, i.e. to fix solar films. hai~ think about it also sian...

my mum was telling me last time when we are in the showroom, we were told of the existance of the back door...now after the project is completed, the back door was not there. i heard they did not manage to buy the whole stretch of back lane, and thus pull off the back door idea.

see you around ya~

Default wow that a fast reply!

you know me?? serious ah?? lol~ i guess they do not want to waste the effort/money/time to change the whole glass panel and opt for the easier way out, i.e. to fix solar films. hai~ think about it also sian...

my mum was telling me last time when we are in the showroom, we were told of the existance of the back door...now after the project is completed, the back door was not there. i heard they did not manage to buy the whole stretch of back lane, and thus pull off the back door idea.

see you around ya~
    yes i would love a back door cos we are facinig the door and safer for me to see my kid back from mrt or school.. though it is not much of a walking distance but it matters when it rains/ at night.. maybe we will form a committee when we move in..

i went to wood ville and they too have a back door..

see u aaround... i think we will not move in so soon but we will pop by on week ends...

twentieth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by owner
    yes i would love a back door cos we are facinig the door and safer for me to see my kid back from mrt or school.. though it is not much of a walking distance but it matters when it rains/ at night.. maybe we will form a committee when we move in..

i went to wood ville and they too have a back door..

see u aaround... i think we will not move in so soon but we will pop by on week ends...

yes exactly, I feel it's much faster if you are walking back from the PP MRT station.

see you around ya.

Default back door

yes exactly, I feel it's much faster if you are walking back from the PP MRT station.

see you around ya.

yes so much more convenient... it is like so near n yet so far.. that back door was 1 of my reason why i like intero. praying that it will be resolved...

mutton ((: Guest

Wink

They shouldn't just get away with putting the solar film on the clear glass. the sales agreement specified "TINTED GLASS" and they should fufill what they have promised. we have paid for the tinted glass too. if they were to just provide clear glass and maybe together with the solar film, at least we all deserve some compensation right??

Hmmm. If they had promised a back door as well, they should let us know in proper if there isn't gonna be one. I think majority of us here would want a back door, not only for safety reasons, but also for convenience ((: this would make INTERO more accessible and we don't have to take a longer route from the mrt back home.

Plus, i noticed that the wall on the right side of Intero, separating the terrace house next door is not completely build around Intero. the window of the house next door is not blocked by the wall and is left exposed there. this might pose safety issues and would pose a disadvantage to us residents. this matter needs to be looked into and appropriate action taken.

Looking forward to collecting the keys and moving in!! Keep the comments going. Would like to know what you guys feel.

have mercy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mutton ((:
    They shouldn't just get away with putting the solar film on the clear glass. the sales agreement specified "TINTED GLASS" and they should fufill what they have promised. we have paid for the tinted glass too. if they were to just provide clear glass and maybe together with the solar film, at least we all deserve some compensation right??

Hmmm. If they had promised a back door as well, they should let us know in proper if there isn't gonna be one. I think majority of us here would want a back door, not only for safety reasons, but also for convenience ((: this would make INTERO more accessible and we don't have to take a longer route from the mrt back home.

Plus, i noticed that the wall on the right side of Intero, separating the terrace house next door is not completely build around Intero. the window of the house next door is not blocked by the wall and is left exposed there. this might pose safety issues and would pose a disadvantage to us residents. this matter needs to be looked into and appropriate action taken.

Looking forward to collecting the keys and moving in!! Keep the comments going. Would like to know what you guys feel.

Aiyah dun like that lah. Developers are being squeezed by materials cost.

Unhappy More defects coming your way

Hi Intero folks, it will be a tough decision for the developer to make on the glass issue. Reckon 3 possible options 1. change all glass panels 2. add films to glass panels 3. just attend to units that complaints.

If developer is wise enough option 1 would be the best solution because it is cheaper and straight forward solution. Options 2 is only passing the problem back to the buyers bcos after a while the glass solar film will shrink and buyers will have to make their own effort to rectify the defect. Option 3 will be a heroic act and take all risks.

More problems to come for the buyers of Intero bcos another issue is the perimeter concrete wall. 1. the terrace house unit breaks the perimeter concrete wall. Rightfully, the perimter wall should define and embrace the land area for Intero. 2. certain areas of the back side of the perimeter wall is uncompleted without plastering and painting and who is going to finish that part of the work after Intero is handed over to the individual buyers.

Default thanks for inromation

will take not when we collect the key soon...

Quote Originally Posted by have mercy
    Aiyah dun like that lah. Developers are being squeezed by materials cost.

It is the developer's duty to provide all these things, since they and the owners have agreed on it. 'Being squeezed by material cost' is not an excuse to go back on the agreement. Owners should not compromise on these and give in to the developer so easily without proper reasons.

twentieth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by microscope
    Hi Intero folks, it will be a tough decision for the developer to make on the glass issue. Reckon 3 possible options 1. change all glass panels 2. add films to glass panels 3. just attend to units that complaints.

If developer is wise enough option 1 would be the best solution because it is cheaper and straight forward solution. Options 2 is only passing the problem back to the buyers bcos after a while the glass solar film will shrink and buyers will have to make their own effort to rectify the defect. Option 3 will be a heroic act and take all risks.

More problems to come for the buyers of Intero bcos another issue is the perimeter concrete wall. 1. the terrace house unit breaks the perimeter concrete wall. Rightfully, the perimter wall should define and embrace the land area for Intero. 2. certain areas of the back side of the perimeter wall is uncompleted without plastering and painting and who is going to finish that part of the work after Intero is handed over to the individual buyers.
    I would feel Option 1 (replacing all the glass panels to actual tinted version) is more feasible. Afterall, the architect of Intero would want the whole building to look the same for each units (at least externally). Down the road, when the solar films shrink, and each individual household change their own films/glass panels, it will be very messy. At the end of the day, the whole block will be like any other older HDB flats.

Even now new HDB flats come with original tinted windows, why can't a private property do the same? I agree that "constrain by budget" is not a valid excuse. Afterall, during the planning stage, they should already factor in such variables which are ever-changing.

Personally, I felt this is not the right way out. Spoke to the lawyers but still no use.

twentieth Guest

2. certain areas of the back side of the perimeter wall is uncompleted without plastering and painting and who is going to finish that part of the work after Intero is handed over to the individual buyers.
    most certainly should be the developers isn't it? can't possibly be the residents pooling money together to have it fixed up... guess we should highlight these issues when we collect the keys from the authority ya. at least have some clarifications from them before we officially take over the key.

I would feel Option 1 (replacing all the glass panels to actual tinted version) is more feasible. Afterall, the architect of Intero would want the whole building to look the same for each units (at least externally). Down the road, when the solar films shrink, and each individual household change their own films/glass panels, it will be very messy. At the end of the day, the whole block will be like any other older HDB flats.

Even now new HDB flats come with original tinted windows, why can't a private property do the same? I agree that "constrain by budget" is not a valid excuse. Afterall, during the planning stage, they should already factor in such variables which are ever-changing.

Personally, I felt this is not the right way out. Spoke to the lawyers but still no use.

Just to clarify on the matter. Buyer's lawyer is waiting for the developer's lawyer to revert on the action to be taken by the developer. In case the developer doesn't act before buyers get the keys, all buyers should unite and take legal action if developer does not rectify defect within the time frame stipulated in purchase agreement. BUYERS MUST SHOW SOLIDARITY AND UNITE TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE regardless of shifting urgency by the individual buyers. If this goes to the press, it is going to be a bad publicity for Fortunes Homes and I really hope it does not go to that extent.

What you said about HDB tinted glass is very true. Look at the HDB flats at Toa Payoh Central Block 79, the glass panels are like reflective glass, you can see out but cannot see inside. Mind you, buyers are not pleading for developer's mercy to change glass to tinted but it is specified in the S&P Agreement and it is legal binding doc.

twentieth Guest

Just to clarify on the matter. Buyer's lawyer is waiting for the developer's lawyer to revert on the action to be taken by the developer. In case the developer doesn't act before buyers get the keys, all buyers should unite and take legal action if developer does not rectify defect within the time frame stipulated in purchase agreement. BUYERS MUST SHOW SOLIDARITY AND UNITE TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE regardless of shifting urgency by the individual buyers. If this goes to the press, it is going to be a bad publicity for Fortunes Homes and I really hope it does not go to that extent.
    Agree with this statement! I do not mind they come and change the glass panels to "original tinted" even though I have already live in. Unity is Strength.

Hi all

according to the developer's staff. the glass is tinted... just that the shade of tint is on the mild side.

I double checked with my ID & contractor, they said the same thing...

twentieth Guest

Hi all

according to the developer's staff. the glass is tinted... just that the shade of tint is on the mild side.

Hi Den04, did you manage to get your keys today? How's everything in the unit? Done your round of check already?? I just got news that I can collect my key coming Friday..

If what your ID & contractor said is true, guess there's nothing much we can do huh.

yes collected yest.

lots of defects but nothing too major. i heard the one across the road has plenty of major defects.

Unregistered123 Guest

You have one year from TOP to inform your developer of the defects which they will rectify FOC.

Default so what should i look out?

yes collected yest.

lots of defects but nothing too major. i heard the one across the road has plenty of major defects.
    here i am a 1st time new hse owner can tell me what shall i look out for? is the door as promised to be with some design?thanks Den04

Hi all

Hi Intero buyers, dont be deceived by what the developer's staff said. To conclude whether the glass is clear or tinted, one cannot inspect visually.

In glass technology, we have what we called "light transmittance value" and there is a range of figures to decide whether it is clear or tinted. Any value that exceeds 80% is considered clear glass although it may look tinted. One simple illustration, see for yourself, most shower screens are clear glass but it is slightly tinted. Mind you, tinted glass are more expensive.

I am confident that Intero glass is clear glass and NOT TINTED AS CLAIMED by developer's reprtesenatatives.

Cool

Hi Den04, did you manage to get your keys today? How's everything in the unit? Done your round of check already?? I just got news that I can collect my key coming Friday..

If what your ID & contractor said is true, guess there's nothing much we can do huh.
    Hi Intero owners, do you know that there are companies in Spore that are able to verify on site whether the glass is tinted or clear.
    If anyone insists that the glass is clear, we can challenge them for a site test on the glass.

Why this issue is so important for buyers is because there are many consequential effects in our homes, eg. more heat in house means higher utilities bills as long as the building exists, NO PRIVACY IN YOUR BEDROOMS, WASHROOMS although you can install curtains or blinds and you have to make doubly sure you draw them, sun glare means your need sun glasses in your house, sunlight will affect your house furniture etc. etc, etc

twentieth Guest

yes collected yest.

lotsa defects ah!? jialat...like what kinda defects??

across the road as in 1L?

twentieth Guest

Hi Intero owners, do you know that there are companies in Spore that are able to verify on site whether the glass is tinted or clear.
    If anyone insists that the glass is clear, we can challenge them for a site test on the glass.
    microscope, what you say is true. however how can we convince or over-rule the developer's decision?? can we engage professionals to run a test and submit the test result to the developer's lawyers?

Cool

microscope, what you say is true. however how can we convince or over-rule the developer's decision?? can we engage professionals to run a test and submit the test result to the developer's lawyers?
    Hi owners, not to worry too much because we are on the upper hand. The consultants had submitted figure and shows that it is clear glass . No one can deny that.

twentieth Guest

Hi owners, not to worry too much because we are on the upper hand. The consultants had submitted figure and shows that it is clear glass . No one can deny that.
    submission of the figures is one thing, but the developers acknowledging the figures and implement a fix is another thing ya. so when we collect the key and sign on the dotted line, does it means that we accept what's presented to us.

reason why I say so is because the glass panels are not listed as defect items unless the glass is cracked or any visible defects. we don't know if tinted or not is listed as "defects". so after we sign on the dotted line, and in future, we would want something to be done to the glasses, they will not acknowledge, as there is no "defects" to them.

submission of the figures is one thing, but the developers acknowledging the figures and implement a fix is another thing ya. so when we collect the key and sign on the dotted line, does it means that we accept what's presented to us.

reason why I say so is because the glass panels are not listed as defect items unless the glass is cracked or any visible defects. we don't know if tinted or not is listed as "defects". so after we sign on the dotted line, and in future, we would want something to be done to the glasses, they will not acknowledge, as there is no "defects" to them.

As long as the developer has not met the sales agreement (whether is it in terms of clear glass), we as owners have the right to raise this issue with them and they have to rectify the defect to meet the agreement. if they see it as 'no defects' to them, we can take legal action against them. i feel that everyone should raise this issue to the developer before and after signing, not only to give them pressure, but also to let them know that OUR VIEWS MATTER and we are not gonna give in just like that.

hope we can all sit down and discuss this matter and address this issue with the developer and come up with a solution that would benefit both parties. I agree with microscope that we should UNITE and that the best solution right now is for the developer to change all the glass panels to tinted glass. this would not only benefit us (pay less PUB bills, more privacy, cooler environment to live in esp. with global warming) but the developer as well. i m sure that the developer would be able to save its reputation from this. if future buyers hear about this incident and about the developer not fufilling the agreement, they would have a bad impression and would hesitate buying property from Fortune Homes.

All in all, hope the developer would be able to make a wise decision and that we can all move into Intero with a peace of mind.

twentieth Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mutton ((:
    As long as the developer has not met the sales agreement (whether is it in terms of clear glass), we as owners have the right to raise this issue with them and they have to rectify the defect to meet the agreement. if they see it as 'no defects' to them, we can take legal action against them. i feel that everyone should raise this issue to the developer before and after signing, not only to give them pressure, but also to let them know that OUR VIEWS MATTER and we are not gonna give in just like that.

hope we can all sit down and discuss this matter and address this issue with the developer and come up with a solution that would benefit both parties. I agree with microscope that we should UNITE and that the best solution right now is for the developer to change all the glass panels to tinted glass. this would not only benefit us (pay less PUB bills, more privacy, cooler environment to live in esp. with global warming) but the developer as well. i m sure that the developer would be able to save its reputation from this. if future buyers hear about this incident and about the developer not fufilling the agreement, they would have a bad impression and would hesitate buying property from Fortune Homes.

All in all, hope the developer would be able to make a wise decision and that we can all move into Intero with a peace of mind.
    SUPPORT YOU.

dear owners

1 important thing to note when u get ur keys!

You must read the manual and OVERRIDE the developer's master key before you leave the house!

I learnt the hard way haha and got locked out by the Gateman.

In short, you have to sync the 2 new pair of keys given with the Gateman locks, before it can be used.

Heads up for all!

btw, i love the clipsal switches!

lotsa defects ah!? jialat...like what kinda defects??

across the road as in 1L?
    my colleague has a unit in 1L. She said the flooring felt like "waves" and the defects like 1 month cannot settle!