Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: D21 Toh Tuck / Jurong kechil area - freehold or 99 years?

Advice Guest

That is true. And most importantly, pay more attention to things you CANNOT change, e.g. the layout, the condo facilities, future MRT etc. Sometimes we let our emotions take over, e.g. you get put off by a unit with outdated furnishings, when you'll most likely change all the furnishings when you move in, so it should not be an important consideration at all. Also, all units need basic reno like repainting, polishing of the marble etc..

Quote Originally Posted by analyst101
    You can never get a perfect property. It does not exist. Even one that is almost perfect will probably cost too much.

Just look around. Go for the feel. The other factors like location, price, ameneties, MRT e.t.c. will then tilt the balance.

Also, buy something within your means...

Unregistered888 Guest

Talking i am not an agent coz they stink

shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 luxurious beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

Unregisteredagain Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered888
    shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 luxurious beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!
    You agents/sub-sellers are PATHETIC !!!! If the development is any good people will buy. No point trying to hijack someone else's forum. This is about Bukit Timah Condos. Obviously this Bacon Hikes condo is some shitty piece of real estate that you need to try to push so hard to get rid of.

Con Artist Guest

Also, beware of unscrupulous property agents with no integrity. I was lookin around condos in Hillview and the unethical agents are marketing the Hume Ave condos as "5 min walk to future Hillview MRT"! There is no way those condos along Hume Ave can walk to Hillview MRT - that's why there're so many complaints from Hume Ave residents in the papers. Even LTA has responded that those condos along Hume Ave would have to take bus to Hillview or Beauty World MRT. I've done my homework and the Hillview MRT station is after Hillvew Road near Salvation army. So it always pays to do some homework yourself than rely on property agents. Interestingly, those condos within walking distance to future MRT are not the ones marketing the "MRt station" story. It is those who are really far that are trying to con people.

MRT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Con Artist
    Also, beware of unscrupulous property agents with no integrity. I was lookin around condos in Hillview and the unethical agents are marketing the Hume Ave condos as "5 min walk to future Hillview MRT"! There is no way those condos along Hume Ave can walk to Hillview MRT - that's why there're so many complaints from Hume Ave residents in the papers. Even LTA has responded that those condos along Hume Ave would have to take bus to Hillview or Beauty World MRT. I've done my homework and the Hillview MRT station is after Hillvew Road near Salvation army. So it always pays to do some homework yourself than rely on property agents. Interestingly, those condos within walking distance to future MRT are not the ones marketing the "MRt station" story. It is those who are really far that are trying to con people.
    anyone got details about new MRT stations that will be built in bukit timah, hillview, etc? what line is it called? cannot find details in LTA website. please enlighten if you know.

Unregistered888 Guest

Default beacon heights not launched to public yet 80% sold in phase 1

before you criticise beacon heights, do ur homework first. It is selling fast and i was just sharing wth people a gd piece of condo near town for a reasonable price. U buy or nt doesnt affect me coz i am nt an agent. U criticise agents and i will join u too coz i dnt like them. dnt miss out on gd cndos near the city fringe as the govt is indeed going to spruce up the area soon. Dbss hdbs in boon keng are nt going for mre than 500psf for no reason. Do gve it sme thot. I m just gvng advice as distant observer of gd buys
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredagain
    You agents/sub-sellers are PATHETIC !!!! If the development is any good people will buy. No point trying to hijack someone else's forum. This is about Bukit Timah Condos. Obviously this Bacon Hikes condo is some shitty piece of real estate that you need to try to push so hard to get rid of.

psss Guest

before you criticise beacon heights, do ur homework first. It is selling fast and i was just sharing wth people a gd piece of condo near town for a reasonable price. U buy or nt doesnt affect me coz i am nt an agent. U criticise agents and i will join u too coz i dnt like them. dnt miss out on gd cndos near the city fringe as the govt is indeed going to spruce up the area soon. Dbss hdbs in boon keng are nt going for mre than 500psf for no reason. Do gve it sme thot. I m just gvng advice as distant observer of gd buys
    are you the one who posted this beacon heights thing in every thread? do you need to do that? just post it in the beacon heights thread will do.

Unregisteredagain Guest

Exclamation

I cannot believe that you have no vested interest in this property. It is obvious that you either stand to gain (either as an agent, sub-seller or in some other way), or you are trying to cut losses somehow..

The point is that by posting in this manner and by your poor attempt at justification, you have only turned others off. I am looking to buy...but in Bukit Timah. That is why I am in this forum. You on the other hand, clearly are just looking to dump something that is not wanted.

someone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MRT
    anyone got details about new MRT stations that will be built in bukit timah, hillview, etc? what line is it called? cannot find details in LTA website. please enlighten if you know.
    This is the DTL stations location...
    Attached Files Attached Files

DTL2 Guest

Here is the location per LTA website

http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/20080715-DTL2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by MRT

Q1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DTL2
    Here is the location per LTA website

http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/20080715-DTL2.pdf
    thank you very much indeed. does it mean that one of the stations is very new to jalan juron kechil?

Q1 Guest

sorry, typo. very near to jalan juron kechil

DTL22 Guest

Yes. But Jalan Jurong Kechil is a very long road. So those condos further down like say Signature Park will not be able to walk to the MRT station.

Quote Originally Posted by Q1
    sorry, typo. very near to jalan juron kechil

analyst101 Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DTL22
    Yes. But Jalan Jurong Kechil is a very long road. So those condos further down like say Signature Park will not be able to walk to the MRT station.
    The actual location is just outside Beauty World. Not many condos nearby, mainly landed and a couple of developments there. You may wish to walk around there to find what is actually within walking distance, rather than go by what some forummers are saying.

There is also a patch of vacant land there (in fact over or next to the underground MRT station). However, it is likely that this will be developed into a mall or other commercial building, in view of its location and `value', rather than into a residential property.

Unregistered888 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by analyst101
    The actual location is just outside Beauty World. Not many condos nearby, mainly landed and a couple of developments there. You may wish to walk around there to find what is actually within walking distance, rather than go by what some forummers are saying.

There is also a patch of vacant land there (in fact over or next to the underground MRT station). However, it is likely that this will be developed into a mall or other commercial building, in view of its location and `value', rather than into a residential property.
    There are some apartments near BW but there are very old.

Anybody know about the cracks at the carpark in one of the buildings near Beauty World? Not sure if it is Beauty World Plaza or Beauty World Centre? Early this year, my colleague went there one evening to consult a GP and found the whole carpark was closed as they have observed cracklines.

Analyst too Guest

IMHO, best to avoid the old 99LH property there, because they don't fetch good prices in Bukit Timah area and depreciate rapidly, unless you're going for enbloc speculation. With the latest animosity and hooligan behaviour in some 99LH East Coast enblocs (car and house being vandalised) and tendency to under-maintain the condo, it's best to avoid these old 99LH places if you're going to stay there. Also, with the govt's green initiatives, it's not surprising if enbloc is going to get more difficult in the future, i.e. less wastage from tearing down of buildings and promotion of refurbishment and upgrades of the original buildings. Buildings are likely to be left standing for much longer periods, which means those staying in 99LH will have to pay for significat lease topups for another 99 years. It's quite forseeable.

Anybody know about the cracks at the carpark in one of the buildings near Beauty World? Not sure if it is Beauty World Plaza or Beauty World Centre? Early this year, my colleague went there one evening to consult a GP and found the whole carpark was closed as they have observed cracklines.

Unregistered18 Guest

Don't think all the condos here are "very old". Should go there to check for yourself, or better still, ask someone who actually lives around there.

The cracks were at Sherwood Towers. Not Beauty World. May want to go there and check it out yourself.

Unregistered8 Guest

I know someone who invested millions in buying up several units at Sherwodd Tower in 2005 and sold them off in 2007. In less than 2yrs, he made over 100% profit. Can you tell me which FH properties you can double the money in such as short time? When in comes to proerty investing, it is all about location and timing, not FH Vs LH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst too
    IMHO, best to avoid the old 99LH property there, because they don't fetch good prices in Bukit Timah area and depreciate rapidly, unless you're going for enbloc speculation. With the latest animosity and hooligan behaviour in some 99LH East Coast enblocs (car and house being vandalised) and tendency to under-maintain the condo, it's best to avoid these old 99LH places if you're going to stay there. Also, with the govt's green initiatives, it's not surprising if enbloc is going to get more difficult in the future, i.e. less wastage from tearing down of buildings and promotion of refurbishment and upgrades of the original buildings. Buildings are likely to be left standing for much longer periods, which means those staying in 99LH will have to pay for significat lease topups for another 99 years. It's quite forseeable.

DOSK Guest

There're FH properties that double in investment between 2005 and 2007. . Are you a speculator? I've already said, if you want speculate on LH property NOW, go ahead. But it is not wise to do so. Don't always follow the past - just because your friend made money on a LH property doesn't mean you can follow blindly and buy Sherwood TODAY. Property investment in SG is all about market timing, location is secondary. Anyone who bought in 2005 would have made a killing. I wouldn't recommend anyone to speculate NOW in LH properties in this climate. LH properties depreciate more in a down market.

Most importantly, I hope your don't go around snapping up Sherwood TODAY and follow your friend blindly. Your friend sold out FOR A REASON. He himself doesn't believe in holding on forever for a depreciating property. Enbloc rules may change. You must be able to feel the pulse and not follow blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered8
    I know someone who invested millions in buying up several units at Sherwodd Tower in 2005 and sold them off in 2007. In less than 2yrs, he made over 100% profit. Can you tell me which FH properties you can double the money in such as short time? When in comes to proerty investing, it is all about location and timing, not FH Vs LH!!

Sherwood Guest

Sherwood prices have collapsed and now cheaper than a 5 room flat at 400+psf. 5 room flat at AMK also 99LH is worth more. An agent called me and told me a 1700 sq ft unit is willing to let go at 400psf NEGOTIABLE. I feel sorry for those who bought at 650psf. It's already a 40% drop in price......

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered8

Unregistered8 Guest

I was doing only selling in 2007 and I am glad that I get rid of all my investment properties by Oct last year. The buy and sell signals for properties couldn't be clearer for the last three to four years and if you entered the market during the last six months, there is nothing others can do to help you. BTW, I will not buy any properties for at least next two years. Let's don't fool yourself by saying it is alright to buy FH, but not LH properties now.

Quote Originally Posted by DOSK
    There're FH properties that double in investment between 2005 and 2007. . Are you a speculator? I've already said, if you want speculate on LH property NOW, go ahead. But it is not wise to do so. Don't always follow the past - just because your friend made money on a LH property doesn't mean you can follow blindly and buy Sherwood TODAY. Property investment in SG is all about market timing, location is secondary. Anyone who bought in 2005 would have made a killing. I wouldn't recommend anyone to speculate NOW in LH properties in this climate. LH properties depreciate more in a down market.

Most importantly, I hope your don't go around snapping up Sherwood TODAY and follow your friend blindly. Your friend sold out FOR A REASON. He himself doesn't believe in holding on forever for a depreciating property. Enbloc rules may change. You must be able to feel the pulse and not follow blindly.

condoking Guest

Default what a bozo

what a bozo u are? Don't u knw that beacon heights is not officially publicly launched yet? Fyi all 6 penthouses already sold at softlaunch wth 100% sold out for 1st phase. A hsbc director bought one of the penthouses for investment and a kim eng director bought a studio. BH has great potential and only idiots will buy a property in hillview area whch has stagnated for mre than a decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredagain
    I can not believe that you have no vested interest in this property. It is obvious that you either stand to gain (either as an agent, sub-seller or in some other way), or you are trying to cut losses somehow..

The point is that by posting in this manner and by your poor attempt at justification, you have only turned others off. I am looking to buy...but in Bukit Timah. That is why I am in this forum. You on the other hand, clearly are just looking to dump something that is not wanted.

Unregistered18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood
    Sherwood prices have collapsed and now cheaper than a 5 room flat at 400+psf. 5 room flat at AMK also 99LH is worth more. An agent called me and told me a 1700 sq ft unit is willing to let go at 400psf NEGOTIABLE. I feel sorry for those who bought at 650psf. It's already a 40% drop in price......
    Prices have dropped for a reason.

Sherwood has always had a bad rep. There was a problem with the sewerage pipes a couple of years ago. Then, the carpark collapse last year. The place is badly maintained. Badly built. The location (next to a busy highway) has not helped. Most of these reasons have nothing to do with it being a leasehold prop.

The only thing going for it is that it is within 500 m of the new MRT station at Beauty World.

Unregisteredzzz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by condoking
    what a bozo u are? Don't u knw that beacon heights is not officially publicly launched yet? Fyi all 6 penthouses already sold at softlaunch wth 100% sold out for 1st phase. A hsbc director bought one of the penthouses for investment and a kim eng director bought a studio. BH has great potential and only idiots will buy a property in hillview area whch has stagnated for mre than a decade.
    just because they are directors don't mean that they are making the right choices.

Unregistered5 Guest

Default at least they have better

at least these directors have better foresight than layman like u n me. Fyi the hsbc director has net worth of mre than 10mil and can afford most condos in sing. Wth mre than 15yr in banking, he is definitely not a dumbass to throw 1.5mil on a property he sees no prospect. A banker wth a whole load of insider info n dne hs research has laid a wager on beacon heights so it wont be a bad choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredzzz
    just because they are directors don't mean that they are making the right choices.

Sounds desperate Guest

That doesn't mean the latest purchase is right. Analysts are wrong 75% of the time - that is worst than throwing a dart. The fact that you have to hijack so many unrelated threads to koyok sell beacon heights means you're a first degree desperate agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered5
    at least these directors have better foresight than layman like u n me. Fyi the hsbc director has net worth of mre than 10mil and can afford most condos in sing. Wth mre than 15yr in banking, he is definitely not a dumbass to throw 1.5mil on a property he sees no prospect. A banker wth a whole load of insider info n dne hs research has laid a wager on beacon heights so it wont be a bad choice.

To hijacker Guest

There is no need to call people idiot - that makes you a bigger idiot who cannot write a proper piece without naming calling. Hillview is an area surrounded by nature reserves and has one of the best air quality. Beacons Ht is located at a complicated/messy area with funeral parlours and red light district near Boon Keng area. It's a different crowd - go hijack the D14 thread which is more likely to be the same crowd as Beacon Heights.

Quote Originally Posted by condoking

Unregisteredz Guest

Another bozo...go and study the area well before commenting. beacon heights is in a pristine area unlike what u mentioned. hillview has been condemned for the past 10 over years and it will remain condemned for the next 10 years. Bukit Batok HDB flats are anytime better than a condo in hillview. hillview residents have to take a pathetic shuttle service just to get to Westmall when a lot of Bt Batok residents just need to take a short walk to Westmall. U get to live near greenery, but at the same time near the Radio and TV tall spires in the nature park and hinhede area that give out radiation 24 hours a day. Go and enjoy ur greenery and have ur cells mutated everyday till u get cancer. hillview is known for its cheapskate condos for a good reason. don't ever hope to get a shopping mall in that pathetic area and the government is just taking pity on pathetic residents in hillview by giving u guys an MRT station at the Salvation Army after so many donkey years of seclusion and isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by To hijacker
    There is no need to call people idiot - that makes you a bigger idiot who cannot write a proper piece without naming calling. Hillview is an area surrounded by nature reserves and has one of the best air quality. Beacons Ht is located at a complicated/messy area with funeral parlours and red light district near Boon Keng area. It's a different crowd - go hijack the D14 thread which is more likely to be the same crowd as Beacon Heights.

Unregistered18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredz
    Another bozo...go and study the area well before commenting. beacon heights is in a pristine area unlike what u mentioned. hillview has been condemned for the past 10 over years and it will remain condemned for the next 10 years. Bukit Batok HDB flats are anytime better than a condo in hillview. hillview residents have to take a pathetic shuttle service just to get to Westmall when a lot of Bt Batok residents just need to take a short walk to Westmall. U get to live near greenery, but at the same time near the Radio and TV tall spires in the nature park and hinhede area that give out radiation 24 hours a day. Go and enjoy ur greenery and have ur cells mutated everyday till u get cancer. hillview is known for its cheapskate condos for a good reason. don't ever hope to get a shopping mall in that pathetic area and the government is just taking pity on pathetic residents in hillview by giving u guys an MRT station at the Salvation Army after so many donkey years of seclusion and isolation.

You are a strange but pathetic creature. Your bacon heights clearly cannot sell, and you have taken to advertising every where and bashing people who do not agree with your warped views. I pity you.

Guess you have to go out and get a real job soon...perhaps you are one of those delinquent agents that propnex is trying to get rid of. Maybe you can go and sell insurance or sell cars instead...

Unregisteredzzz Guest

Default hahaha....another mistaken fool

HAHAHA...U can curse agents for all you want, coz i too do not like them too...If you wish to continue thinking that i am an agent, go ahead at ur own stupidity. curse the parasitic profession for all you want and u might want to propose to the government to ban property agents altogether. I will give you all the support and even rally behind you!! what a clown you are mistaking me for being in that parasitic profession....

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered18
    You are a strange but pathetic creature. Your bacon heights clearly cannot sell, and you have taken to advertising every where and bashing people who do not agree with your warped views. I pity you.

Guess you have to go out and get a real job soon...perhaps you are one of those delinquent agents that propnex is trying to get rid of. Maybe you can go and sell insurance or sell cars instead...