Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Feng-Shui...

no need to be so complicated, there are a few types of people

1. Those who know how to 趋吉避凶 but willing to sacrifice himself for the common good, these are Sages, Holy man, 圣人 。。very few people, fengshui can hardly affect them e.g. Mother Theresa, Dalai Lama, Confucius etc

2. Those who know how to 趋吉避凶 but not as great as the Sages, most of time he uses his skills to help others. We call 贤人, most great feng shui masters probably fall into this category

3. Those who does not know how to 趋吉避凶 but because he has done a lot of good deeds, somehow he is helped by people in (1)/(2) to 趋吉避凶 .. including feng shui advice

so if you are not (1) or (2) at least be (3)

Last edited by phantom_opera; 05-09-12 at 22:55.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

both teddy and regulators are correct

teddy is right because most people (may be 95%) not belong to (1) / (2) so will be affected by feng shui if the feng shui is extremely good or bad

regulators is right when feng shui is neither too bad or too good, then the person's birth date must be consulted (as well as his present temperament, inclination etc)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You seem to get the most important point!
    The ancient feng shui is used to change fate, so why use 8 characters when it is bad or not so good to begin with? Then how to change fate using feng shui?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    both teddy and regulators are correct

teddy is right because most people (may be 95%) not belong to (1) / (2) so will be affected by feng shui if the feng shui is extremely good or bad

regulators is right when feng shui is neither too bad or too good, then the person's birth date must be consulted (as well as his present temperament, inclination etc)

Wow, feng shui expert here!

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    山脈盡失 人丁難旺
    易經的道理,陰與陽,在任何事物都同時存在,因此每件事都有一體兩面性,移山填海工程雖解決了地狹人稠的問題,但相應的問題也隨之而來,又以風水堪輿學觀點「山管人丁」理論來說。「山」一剷平,人丁即失,人丁一失結婚率與生育力自然節節低落。

山管人丁水管财

you must understand last time China used to be agricultural economy

surrounding mountains will keep the young workforce from leaving due to poor transportation last time thus 山管人丁

水 (i.e. staying near river, lake) on the other hand is important for consistent agricultural productivity so 水管财

无水则风到气散,有水则气止而风无

风 (wind of change) represents changes, in a place where there is no water
    (symbol of wealth, life), when wind of change comes (e.g. natural disaster, economic crash, SARS, war), humans (represented by 气) will leave and not staying united (气散), if there is water, then people will congregate (气止,聚) and there the society can be stable (风无)

so by your definition, the hill with the water in bedok reservoir should be perfect at... oh no containing the spirits inside it and letting them flourish in numbers!!!!

Modern feng shui have to reinterpret old teachings otherwise it will not be relevant today. Mountains can mean physical structures like buildings while water can mean continuous flow of traffic like cars on the expressway. just like technology, feng shui needs to evolve with the times, we can't stick to a fixed set of unchanging rules from thousands of years back. The fundamental teachings will however remain the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    山管人丁水管财

you must understand last time China used to be agricultural economy

surrounding mountains will keep the young workforce from leaving due to poor transportation last time thus 山管人丁

水 (i.e. staying near river, lake) on the other hand is important for consistent agricultural productivity so 水管财

无水则风到气散,有水则气止而风无

风 (wind of change) represents changes, in a place where there is no water
    (symbol of wealth, life), when wind of change comes (e.g. natural disaster, economic crash, SARS, war), humans (represented by 气) will leave and not staying united (气散), if there is water, then people will congregate (气止,聚) and there the society can be stable (风无)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    so by your definition, the hill with the water in bedok reservoir should be perfect at... oh no containing the spirits inside it and letting them flourish in numbers!!!!
    Actually bedok reservoir used to be a hill itself. It was blasted away to become a giant messy sand quarry and later filled up to be a reservoir.

Any comments on this shop in vivo?

http://www.wofs.com/

Default 五黄

Any recommendations of things to buy to reduce the ill effects of 五黄 5 yellow star in the south east sector this year?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Any recommendations of things to buy to reduce the ill effects of 五黄 5 yellow star in the south east sector this year?

According to the wofs mag (Jan-Feb issue) ,the best remedy is the five element pagoda.
    Other things : do not undertake any reno in the SE in 2012,do not sit facing the
    5yellow ,keep the SE sector as quiet as possible and keep lights dimmed

In china, ppl avoid north facing house, as there is no sunlight and much cooler than other facing, thus bad Fengshui concluded.
    However, in Singapore north facing house is not that bad, windy and bright. Do we still have to stick to the traditional Fengshui for this case?

Quote Originally Posted by KCT
    According to the wofs mag (Jan-Feb issue) ,the best remedy is the five element pagoda.
    Other things : do not undertake any reno in the SE in 2012,do not sit facing the
    5yellow ,keep the SE sector as quiet as possible and keep lights dimmed
    Construction of hdb bto on the SE facing side of our flat....

If you are given only 2 options:-
    1) a wall directly outside your main door
    2) a long corridor - from your main door to the lift, but lift door is not facing your main door
    which option will you choose?

Construction of hdb bto on the SE facing side of our flat....
    IMO, for high rise apt there are other units in the same stack to share the burden and the most affected would be those units at lower floors....
    Btw it's also depend on each one's fate too

Placing metal element is effective in reducing negative energies in the SE (6-Emperor Coins,Pi Xiu,Dragon Head Tortoise&5 Element Pagoda)and use the colour white
    If u r not keen to put the items then just keep things constant and maintain harmonious environments

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    If you are given only 2 options:-
    1) a wall directly outside your main door
    2) a long corridor - from your main door to the lift, but lift door is not facing your main door
    which option will you choose?
    If the number of neighbors on that floor is a few, I will choose the second one.
    Most of the time I presume you keep door closed, so the human traffic won't bother you.
    When u open the door to go out, at least you will have an open feeling, and not like the first one, facing a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    If the number of neighbors on that floor is a few, I will choose the second one.
    Most of the time I presume you keep door closed, so the human traffic won't bother you.
    When u open the door to go out, at least you will have an open feeling, and not like the first one, facing a wall.
    According to Feng Shui, long corridor or wall outside the main door, both also no good, did I interprete wrongly. Wall outside the main door has more privacy but long corridor has more ventilation.

According to Feng Shui, long corridor or wall outside the main door, both also no good, did I interprete wrongly. Wall outside the main door has more privacy but long corridor has more ventilation.
    i agree. long corridor or wall is 枪煞, bad for health.

In china, ppl avoid north facing house, as there is no sunlight and much cooler than other facing, thus bad Fengshui concluded.
    However, in Singapore north facing house is not that bad, windy and bright. Do we still have to stick to the traditional Fengshui for this case?
    any expert here can advise if north facing is really that bad in Singpoare?

I google something but mainly from China, so I'm not sure how relevant to SG:
    大门朝北,风水不利,易犯口舌多是非

全朝北的房子阴气较重,住的时间长会对身体健康不利。
    房子全朝北属阴重阳轻,的那是如果命中火燥,或者命中喜用为阴者则可用,还有一点,就是特出职业的也可以考虑,总的来说,只要没有冲克都好
    ------
    I like this one:
    传统家居风水重视“坐北朝南”,是因为阳光的照射角度,南边日照充足,北边相对阴暗,因此,坐北朝南的采光一定比较理想,不会东晒和西晒,南北透通的通风也佳,住起来当然就舒服。
    但以现在的集体式住宅来看,寸土寸金,要想每间房子都能坐北朝南,未免太难。所以,对于比较不符理想的房子,做一点小改动,让它更符合人居,就是风水真义。千万不要无限上纲,认为风水不佳就影响多大,甚至不敢住人,那也未免太小题大做了。
    本来没事,也要被讲成有事,这就是一般风水师的毛病,鸡蛋里挑骨头,不找点毛病出来,对不起你付的银子。于是,小事化大,甚至出言恐吓。风水本来是老祖宗的环境科学;古人讲究天人合一,人与大自然的和谐,风水之学,即在调和人与环境的相处之道,求得均衡。却在不肖大师之口中,成为敛财工具。所以千万小心,找错人宁可不找人,否则为了莫须有的事担心不已,那可就真要倒霉了。
    房间朝北好不好
    如果你住在北向的居室,先排除居室不吉这种想法,而是在设计时多想,如何能收纳更多阳光进来?这里有几种做法可以参考:
    第一:向南的一面若能设窗,则可尽量设大型窗台,或者落地窗更好。平常不用拉窗帘,让阳光照射进来。
    第二:若南面实在无法开窗,则可在南面墙上设一装饰性壁炉。
    第三:南方属火,木能生火,可在窗边、炉上或炉边多放置绿色植物,可以带动生气。
    第四:朝北的窗要开大以利采光,但最好是气密窗以防冬天寒风。
    第五:居室的灯光照明要足够,以驱除阴暗感。
    第六:装修色调不要用冷色调,要多用暖色调,以免家居活动时感觉寒冷。
    能做到以上六项,则北向居室,也能大享阳光热情。尤其现在家居都有冷暖气,是否南北向,已经不像古人那么需要重视了。只要有心,则福地福人居,也能住的开心。

I think for SG case, if all your house windows face NE is not so good due the cooler NE and moist NE monsoon winds blowing from Nov to Feb yearly. Easy to get sick or get rheumatism. Of course if kena blocked by another building then nevermind.

Think windows facing north west is the worst, that one means owners can "he xi bei feng".

I think for SG case, if all your house windows face NE is not so good due the cooler NE and moist NE monsoon winds blowing from Nov to Feb yearly. Easy to get sick or get rheumatism. Of course if kena blocked by another building then nevermind.

i agree. long corridor or wall is 枪煞, bad for health.
    I got very confused. I attended a talk, the feng shui master said that long corridor is no good because it will affect the relationship with the opposite unit but I read from another book, it stated that house facing the lift with long corridor is good because the qi from the lift will flow into the house. How long then is considered long?

How long is long no hard & fast rule, all based on perception, you need experienced Feng shui master to judge accurately.
    Anyway, face wall better than face long corridor or lift door. You can use windows facing outside to 纳气, don't need to use main door. Most important is windows' view must be far enough.

I got very confused. I attended a talk, the feng shui master said that long corridor is no good because it will affect the relationship with the opposite unit but I read from another book, it stated that house facing the lift with long corridor is good because the qi from the lift will flow into the house. How long then is considered long?

I think Best facing is South-East in Singapore, got SE wind during May-July hottest period and also some sunlight into the house in the morning whereas North no wind during this period. However, North & NE is not considered bad in Singapore since during Nov-Jan period Singapore is still hot and there is strong N & NE wind during this period.

West is the worst, followed by NW & SW. Avoid West at all costs! Hot like hell in Singapore with little wind from these directions!

If your house got windows facing SE and also N & NE and your unit is not blocked in those directions, keep your windows open wide and your house will be breezy all year round! No need air-con, don't even need fan!

any expert here can advise if north facing is really that bad in Singpoare?

I google something but mainly from China, so I'm not sure how relevant to SG:
    大门朝北,风水不利,易犯口舌多是非

全朝北的房子阴气较重,住的时间长会对身体健康不利。
    房子全朝北属阴重阳轻,的那是如果命中火燥,或者命中喜用为阴者则可用,还有一点,就是特出职业的也可以考虑,总的来说,只要没有冲克都好
    ------
    I like this one:
    传统家居风水重视“坐北朝南”,是因为阳光的照射角度,南边日照充足,北边相对阴暗,因此,坐北朝南的采光一定比较理想,不会东晒和西晒,南北透通的通风也佳,住起来当然就舒服。
    但以现在的集体式住宅来看,寸土寸金,要想每间房子都能坐北朝南,未免太难。所以,对于比较不符理想的房子,做一点小改动,让它更符合人居,就是风水真义。千万不要无限上纲,认为风水不佳就影响多大,甚至不敢住人,那也未免太小题大做了。
    本来没事,也要被讲成有事,这就是一般风水师的毛病,鸡蛋里挑骨头,不找点毛病出来,对不起你付的银子。于是,小事化大,甚至出言恐吓。风水本来是老祖宗的环境科学;古人讲究天人合一,人与大自然的和谐,风水之学,即在调和人与环境的相处之道,求得均衡。却在不肖大师之口中,成为敛财工具。所以千万小心,找错人宁可不找人,否则为了莫须有的事担心不已,那可就真要倒霉了。
    房间朝北好不好
    如果你住在北向的居室,先排除居室不吉这种想法,而是在设计时多想,如何能收纳更多阳光进来?这里有几种做法可以参考:
    第一:向南的一面若能设窗,则可尽量设大型窗台,或者落地窗更好。平常不用拉窗帘,让阳光照射进来。
    第二:若南面实在无法开窗,则可在南面墙上设一装饰性壁炉。
    第三:南方属火,木能生火,可在窗边、炉上或炉边多放置绿色植物,可以带动生气。
    第四:朝北的窗要开大以利采光,但最好是气密窗以防冬天寒风。
    第五:居室的灯光照明要足够,以驱除阴暗感。
    第六:装修色调不要用冷色调,要多用暖色调,以免家居活动时感觉寒冷。
    能做到以上六项,则北向居室,也能大享阳光热情。尤其现在家居都有冷暖气,是否南北向,已经不像古人那么需要重视了。只要有心,则福地福人居,也能住的开心。

Default 風水小知識

風水者,不外五科,「龍、砂、水、向、穴」五字也。
    陰宅陽宅同
    一般。
    五科即
    覓龍、察砂、觀水、點穴、立向也。

尋龍先識行與止,去來分合勿昏迷。
    游鱗鳳翼非真落,勒馬橫弓識止機。

立穴先須識四落,初末腰分皆可作。
    結局必得更精元,欲求穴的分明合。

龍來原有眾山隨,穴結自有砂來衛。
    水會也要砂關攔,所以撥砂難雲緩。

龍為根本水為用,兩者原來無輕重。
    尋龍立穴水為先,詳將要法與君傳。

Last edited by teddybear; 19-09-12 at 21:35.

Does anyone have any good experiences with FSMs? Do share.

I would like to engage one, but am feeling rather disillusioned after reading so many bad experiences...

Quote Originally Posted by dimderm
    Does anyone have any good experiences with FSMs? Do share.

I would like to engage one, but am feeling rather disillusioned after reading so many bad experiences...
    Have been to two .. one at marine parade , one at bedok reservoir.
    Well, I can only say fengshui is more for ease of mind of the oldies..

I think most they are a load of crap.. esp. those who asked you to buy stuff.

Those who don't ask you to buy stuff.. might be more professional... but still it's a faith-based thing.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Have been to two .. one at marine parade , one at bedok reservoir.
    Well, I can only say fengshui is more for ease of mind of the oldies..

I think most they are a load of crap.. esp. those who asked you to buy stuff.

Those who don't ask you to buy stuff.. might be more professional... but still it's a faith-based thing.
    Ya, I engaged one before, keep asking me to buy lots of crystals to put at almost every corner of my house (living hall, bedrooms and even toilet doors), total about $6k but I didn't buy because I found something fishy, going to turn my house into a "Crystal Palace." He refused to give me my fengshui plan when I refused to buy the crystals from him. Anyway his fengshui plan was like a kindergarten drawing, draw chairs, tables etc on the papers instead of the actual normal fengshui draft. I was conned.

That's why now I only believe in friends' recommendation.

Ya, I engaged one before, keep asking me to buy lots of crystals to put at almost every corner of my house (living hall, bedrooms and even toilet doors), total about $6k but I didn't buy because I found something fishy, going to turn my house into a "Crystal Palace." He refused to give me my fengshui plan when I refused to buy the crystals from him. Anyway his fengshui plan was like a kindergarten drawing, draw chairs, tables etc on the papers instead of the actual normal fengshui draft. I was conned.

Any good ones to recommend? Will keep in mind for the next house audit.

I love my Hello Kitty crystal!
    I feel happy when I look at it.