Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Feng-Shui...

Default Do you believe in Feng-Shui...

My wife is a believer i am a FOLLOWER and a TAX-payer...

Anyway seriously i see no harm cos so far so good...touch wood..

But just curious HOW many bro/sis here FIRMLY believe in feng shui to the point that you base your PROPERTY investment decisions on FS alone...like if the master says NO then NO buy...

Just curious too free and NOTHING better to do with my life so asking silly questions...feel free to answer... i will be free to answer next 12 hrs......i go to bed at 2am...NORMALLY...wahahhhhha

i know someone consulted FS master before making purchase. The FS master advise to go ahead. And tata.......hit jackpot. newly announced thomson line just at the doorstep

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    i know someone consulted FS master before making purchase. The FS master advise to go ahead. And tata.......hit jackpot. newly announced thomson line just at the doorstep
    So good or no good?
    Cos it takes many years before the line materializes.
    In the mean time have to put up with the dust and grime.

I think nowadays it's not as big a deal as before. I have 2 props near Circle Line MRT stations which were bought in the 90s. I didn't exactly see their price go exponential when the MRT stations opened. And having the MRT at the door step is also a double-edged sword. All the neighbourhood will be trooping past your entrance to get to the station. Exclusivity and peace gone. As somebody mentioned, in times to come it might be better to be a little bit further from the MRT (but still accessible) rather than "at the doorstep". That's not to mention the mess that will be made as they are excavating at your doorstep (look at example of Maplewoods condo).

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    That's not to mention the mess that will be made as they are excavating at your doorstep (look at example of Maplewoods condo).
    I used to like to drive along bukit timah road to get to work.
    Now I try to avoid that stretch if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I used to like to drive along bukit timah road to get to work.
    Now I try to avoid that stretch if possible.
    YUMMY i love that strecth especially upper bukit timah down from hillview...thats when i go into RALLY mode in my small little SUZIE-kie

thats my cars...BIG brother..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX3CE...eature=related

I did same, bought River Valley and TADA downtown line Fort Canning announced!

except I didn't consult anyone...........

I think both cases are pure dumb luck.

From my observation of FS master modus operandi - any good thing coincides , take all the credit.

If anything bad coincides - they will ask some obscure questions like did you ever catch chicken pox as a child etc.... afterwards and blame your lack of disclosure as to why their prediction never come true.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    I did same, bought River Valley and TADA downtown line Fort Canning announced!

except I didn't consult anyone...........

I think both cases are pure dumb luck.

From my observation of FS master modus operandi - any good thing coincides , take all the credit.

If anything bad coincides - they will ask some obscure questions like did you ever catch chicken pox as a child etc.... afterwards and blame your lack of disclosure as to why their prediction never come true.
    i like the term modus operandi...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I strong believer of Feng Shui!
    No good feng shui never ever buy! Cheap also don't want!
    风水 is also known as 堪舆。

“经曰:气乘风则散,界水则上。古人聚之使不散行之使有止,故谓之风水。”
    Do you know that this term comes from 郭璞 of AD276? (That is almost 2000 years from now!)

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    My wife is a believer i am a FOLLOWER and a TAX-payer...

Anyway seriously i see no harm cos so far so good...touch wood..

But just curious HOW many bro/sis here FIRMLY believe in feng shui to the point that you base your PROPERTY investment decisions on FS alone...like if the master says NO then NO buy...

Just curious too free and NOTHING better to do with my life so asking silly questions...feel free to answer... i will be free to answer next 12 hrs......i go to bed at 2am...NORMALLY...wahahhhhha

actually no such thing as a unit has good feng shui for everyone. the feng shui of a place has to be viewed together with the person's star sign, some people's 8 characters does not allow them to stay near water so having a nice river or sea in front is bad for him while it may be good for others.

Good feng shui property not near river or sea or water sure suits everybody, don't need to check 8 characters! This is based on genuine feng shui sect theory.
    Only when near river or sea or water, some people's 8 characters who should avoid "water" cannot live near there.

There are many other feng shui sects which will tell you all sort of non-sense like need to see stars (talk until you really see "stars"!), see 8 characters etc. 1 word: "Rubbish!".

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    actually no such thing as a unit has good feng shui for everyone. the feng shui of a place has to be viewed together with the person's star sign, some people's 8 characters does not allow them to stay near water so having a nice river or sea in front is bad for him while it may be good for others.

i no expert in feng shui but i know that some people have to avoid certain elements like earth and water as it is not compatible to them, if the feng shui master don't check the person's characters, how to tell? So you tell me your feng shui master look at your face can tell whether water or earth suits you?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Good feng shui property not near river or sea or water sure suits everybody, don't need to check 8 characters! This is based on genuine feng shui sect theory.
    Only when near river or sea or water, some people's 8 characters who should avoid "water" cannot live near there.

There are many other feng shui sects which will tell you all sort of non-sense like need to see stars (talk until you really see "stars"!), see 8 characters etc. 1 word: "Rubbish!".

but the interesting thing is that if you are already in that position there are ways to counteract the negative forces and enhance the positive forces....

by using a few simple tools...

for feng shui, what is good for others may not be good for you. I do not believe there is such a thing as generally good feng shui for everyone. All feng shui masters would advice on the position of things and furniture in the house based on the individual's characters and stars. Also the position for the spots which are which are prosperous or disastrous in the house changes every year as it changes with the star. If teddy wants to argue, think he should argue with those who came up with geomancy thousands of years ago.

but the interesting thing is that if you are already in that position there are ways to counteract the negative forces and enhance the positive forces....

by using a few simple tools...

Ok, let me blow my trumpet that I am quite an expert in 风水.

If you want to argue with me on my feng shui theory, then in effect you are disputing the feng shui theory according to the book written by 郭璞 of 276 AD, the most recognized great great grand feng shui master that lives almost 2000 years ago of which all the feng shui theory people are talking about now originates from his book, and with many fake theories invented by mad people and con people thereafter since the Yuan dynasty, always remember his statement:
    No where in his book he said need to check a person's 8 characters and stars and need to re-position furniture etc every year to align to his/her stars!

for feng shui, what is good for others may not be good for you. I do not believe there is such a thing as generally good feng shui for everyone. All feng shui masters would advice on the position of things and furniture in the house based on the individual's characters and stars. Also the position for the spots which are which are prosperous or disastrous in the house changes every year as it changes with the star. If teddy wants to argue, think he should argue with those who came up with geomancy thousands of years ago.

If you want to argue with me on my feng shui theory, then in effect you are disputing the feng shui theory according to the book written by 郭璞 of 276 AD, the most recognized great great grand feng shui master that lives almost 2000 years ago of which all the feng shui theory people are talking about now originates from his book, and with many fake theories invented by mad people and con people thereafter since the Yuan dynasty, always remember his statement:
    No where in his book he said need to check a person's 8 characters and stars and need to re-position furniture etc every year to align to his/her stars!
    can help to translate the chinese sentence. really profound. so what does this expert feng shui master propose?

How to check the credentials of a FSM? Do they have an accreditation body like doctors? If not they can tell you a lot of **** and those of us who know nothing about FS will be taken for a ride.

Shows you do not know much about feng shui, this is coming from a novice like me.

Sure you have heard about the Luo Pan, there are many types and some has to be read in conjunction with the person's 8 characters. without knowing your birthdate, how can the feng shui master even tell whether you are earth, wood, fire or water? The San Yuan method below is a common method employed by fengshui masters who see people's homes. The stars change with the years and it is not fixed.

Since the Ming and Qing dynasties, three types of luopan have been popular. They have some formula rings in common, such as the 24 directions and the early and later heaven arrangements.

San He

This luopan was said to have been used in the Tang dynasty.The San He contains three basic 24-direction rings. Each ring relates to a different method and formula. (The techniques grouped under the name "Three Harmonies" are San He methods.)

San Yuan

This luopan, also known as the jiang pan (after Jiang Da Hong) or the Yi Pan (because of the presence of I Ching trigrams) incorporates many formulas used in San Yuan (Three Cycles). It contains one 24-direction ring, known as the Earth Plate Correct Needle, the ring for the 64 trigrams, and others. (The techniques grouped under the name "Flying Stars" are an example of San Yuan methods.)

Zong He

This luopan combines rings from the San He and San Yuan. It contains three 24-direction rings and the 64 trigrams ring.

Other Types
    Each Feng Shui master may design a luopan to suit preference and to offer students. Some designs incorporate the gua (trigram) numbers, directions from the Eight Mansions (ba zhai) methods, and English equivalents.

like a lot of novices...lilian too got my wife started....but now my wife a bit pro...go to one master at loyang point....who so far so good......i not so into feng shui...but what to do when u marry someone must follow here and there otherwise.......got...WAR

http://www.lillian-too.com/

Many so-called "feng shui masters" nowsadays cannot even tell you the correct theory about 龍穴砂水 the basic feng shui theory, they only know how to talk about 罗盘, the easiest that they can understand to con people. As the Song's feng shui master says: "登山不用使罗经“, so the meaning is quite clear, 罗盘 (or 罗经 as this is the right term used in the ancient time) is the last to consider, not the first to consider. 龍穴砂水 is the first and most important, that is why "登山不用使罗经“,造葬方使罗经。
    The same theory applies to both 阳宅 as well.

So, novice, there you goes, it is very dangerous to know a little and act expert. In feng shui, you must learn almost everything first before you start to talk about it!
    Make sure you can read the 宋,明朝 feng shui books and understand them first. Don't be stupid and go read all the English translations! It is like the blind leading the blind! But first read 郭璞's book first!

Shows you do not know much about feng shui, this is coming from a novice like me.

Sure you have heard about the Luo Pan, there are many types and some has to be read in conjunction with the person's 8 characters. without knowing your birthdate, how can the feng shui master even tell whether you are earth, wood, fire or water? The San Yuan method below is a common method employed by fengshui masters who see people's homes. The stars change with the years and it is not fixed.

Since the Ming and Qing dynasties, three types of luopan have been popular. They have some formula rings in common, such as the 24 directions and the early and later heaven arrangements.

San He

This luopan was said to have been used in the Tang dynasty.The San He contains three basic 24-direction rings. Each ring relates to a different method and formula. (The techniques grouped under the name "Three Harmonies" are San He methods.)
    [edit]

San Yuan

This luopan, also known as the jiang pan (after Jiang Da Hong) or the Yi Pan (because of the presence of I Ching trigrams) incorporates many formulas used in San Yuan (Three Cycles). It contains one 24-direction ring, known as the Earth Plate Correct Needle, the ring for the 64 trigrams, and others. (The techniques grouped under the name "Flying Stars" are an example of San Yuan methods.)

Zong He

This luopan combines rings from the San He and San Yuan. It contains three 24-direction rings and the 64 trigrams ring.

Other Types
    Each Feng Shui master may design a luopan to suit preference and to offer students. Some designs incorporate the gua (trigram) numbers, directions from the Eight Mansions (ba zhai) methods, and English equivalents.

What's the central tenets of his feng shui theories?

I believe in Feng Shui but to certain extent. If you need to engage a Feng Shui master to look at the surrounding before you buy it, I think this can only apply to pte ppty or resale HDB flat.

I have a friend who believe in feng shui, the feng shui master suggested that he should choose certain locations and certain floors but he is applying for a new HDB flat which need balloting, we can imagine the percentage of the successful rate to get the unit if he wants to base on the feng shui master suggestion. He is a 1st timer and 1st balloting, he got it, but he rejected it because that area is no good for him (according to the feng shui master), 2nd to 4th balloting, not successful, now he has to go for 5th balloting, and he is waiting for a house to get marry.

Many so-called "feng shui masters" nowsadays cannot even tell you the correct theory about 龍穴砂水 the basic feng shui theory, they only know how to talk about 罗盘, the easiest that they can understand to con people. As the Song's feng shui master says: "登山不用使罗经“, so the meaning is quite clear, 罗盘 (or 罗经 as this is the right term used in the ancient time) is the last to consider, not the first to consider. 龍穴砂水 is the first and most important, that is why "登山不用使罗经“,造葬方使罗经。
    The same theory applies to both 阳宅 as well.

So, novice, there you goes, it is very dangerous to know a little and act expert. In feng shui, you must learn almost everything first before you start to talk about it!
    Make sure you can read the 宋,明朝 feng shui books and understand them first. Don't be stupid and go read all the English translations! It is like the blind leading the blind! But first read 郭璞's book first!
    don u know regulator is a self claim expert, rich, muitl properties owner, who always think he is so SMART.....becos he TEACH (in education biz). really worry for his student.....sigh

wah impressive... i regret never master my chinese last time..

Airhead, I never said I was an expert in feng shui, I even said I was a novice. Btw I manage a business, I don't teach. You don't need to worry about my students, think you worry for yourself better coz the kids under my charge have more brains than you.
    don u know regulator is a self claim expert, rich, muitl properties owner, who always think he is so SMART.....becos he TEACH (in education biz). really worry for his student.....sigh

OK since i started this thread i give u my HONEST opinion...end of day I will take Feng Shui with a pinch of salt...let say i am a 50% believer my wife 80%.....so all bros/sis here how many % believer are YOU...

I am a 0-5% believer of feng shui (5% coz certain parts of feng shui has to do with common sense). I always believe a person's destiny is what he/she makes out to be, not in the way furniture in the house is arranged or how the stars are aligned.

OK since i started this thread i give u my HONEST opinion...end of day I will take Feng Shui with a pinch of salt...let say i am a 50% believer my wife 80%.....so all bros/sis here how many % believer are YOU...

I believe it if it contributes to the point I am making.

Airhead, I never said I was an expert in feng shui, I even said I was a novice. Btw I manage a business, I don't teach. You don't need to worry about my students, think you worry for yourself better coz the kids under my charge have more brains than you.
    feel so relieve to hear that you DONT TEACH. at least know that the students are receiving knowledge from professionals and not from some self claim half past six expert. on behalf of your students' parent, must thank u for not damaging their learning journey......

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I believe it if it contributes to the point I am making.
    ha ha...ur honest bro..