Thread: Botannia for close to 1200 psf, worth it?

Default Botannia for close to 1200 psf, worth it?

HI
    I'm a newbie asking for advice. Looking at Botannia, asking is now about 1200+ psf, for own stay.
    Any experts care to share if this price is worth it, given that the location is not very convenient, no MRT within walking distance.
    thanks a mil.

ENJOY SPENDING $1200PSF...you can have PARTY EVERY NIGHT>>>

Rowdy tenants aplenty

Posted by Larry on May 2, 2012
    Botannia is indeed one of the more beautiful estates you can find these days, and I would have bought a unit there had I not heard the following from a close friend who lives there.

The peace and quiet is frequently ruined by insensitive tenants who party late into the night, having no regard to the security or even the police warnings.

These rowdy tenants are mostly the staff of Act*** Hor**ons Sin****** who are working in an entertainment project in Uni****** Stu***** Sin******.

They tend to come home late at night and throw parties with noise levels as loud as they like with no consideration for their neighbours. Swearing and drunken merry-making is a common event.

I too have had the most unfortunate experience of having such unruly neighbours and I can assure you that it is a long and tedious process to get the landlords to change the tenants behavior.

WHile I had only to deal with one landlord in the past, I heard that Botannia has the more than a handful of units tenanted to this kind of folks. My heart goes out to the residents and the management committee.

I only wonder how one can find out about these kill-joys before signing on the dotted line only to regret it after moving in.

Good luck to us all in our house hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    ENJOY SPENDING $1200PSF...you can have PARTY EVERY NIGHT>>>

Rowdy tenants aplenty

Posted by Larry on May 2, 2012
    Botannia is indeed one of the more beautiful estates you can find these days, and I would have bought a unit there had I not heard the following from a close friend who lives there.

The peace and quiet is frequently ruined by insensitive tenants who party late into the night, having no regard to the security or even the police warnings.

These rowdy tenants are mostly the staff of Act*** Hor**ons Sin****** who are working in an entertainment project in Uni****** Stu***** Sin******.

They tend to come home late at night and throw parties with noise levels as loud as they like with no consideration for their neighbours. Swearing and drunken merry-making is a common event.

I too have had the most unfortunate experience of having such unruly neighbours and I can assure you that it is a long and tedious process to get the landlords to change the tenants behavior.

WHile I had only to deal with one landlord in the past, I heard that Botannia has the more than a handful of units tenanted to this kind of folks. My heart goes out to the residents and the management committee.

I only wonder how one can find out about these kill-joys before signing on the dotted line only to regret it after moving in.

Good luck to us all in our house hunt!
    I think this Larry guy talking about his immediate neighbor lah.

When nearby Hong Leong Shopping Centre enbloc site is launched, $1,200psf for Botannia will look worth it. But by then, this psf could be pushed up further because of the rub-off effect.

honestly i got no idea...cos i cover EAST not WEST...

Quote Originally Posted by gymboy
    When nearby Hong Leong Shopping Centre enbloc site is launched, $1,200psf for Botannia will look worth it. But by then, this psf could be pushed up further because of the rub-off effect.
    This is one of the better or even the best in the west for own stay. Its Wihtin 1km to nan hua primary, near jurong lake, close to park connector whihc you could cycle all the way to holland v if you want, and its 999. I am sure when the companies starts moving into jld and start to look at property around the west and this develpment will be top of their list.

Quote Originally Posted by gymboy
    100 Trees, which is located right next to AYE is already nearing 1300psf. Does anyone know why this condo is so popular on PG search list.

100 trees is nearer to clementi MRT compare to Bontania. But it is also nearer to AYE. As such, those unit facing AYE might not be a good buy (asking 1200- 1300 psf). The better units will be those facing the landed property but will suffer a bit of west sun (Asking for more than 1300 psf). Heard that layout not that fantastic (BW and big balcony). Common bed room can only put in single bed (based on the layout). I think it become popular due to it's freehold status, recent announcement on the future development in Jurong area and it is TOP by end of this yr or early next year. On top of it, plot ratio is low so you dont feel that it is so crowed..

Just my personal view.

Quote Originally Posted by 789
    100 Trees, which is located right next to AYE is already nearing 1300psf. Does anyone know why this condo is so popular on PG search list.

Quote Originally Posted by kskong2000
    100 trees is nearer to clementi MRT compare to Bontania. But it is also nearer to AYE. As such, those unit facing AYE might not be a good buy (asking 1200- 1300 psf). The better units will be those facing the landed property but will suffer a bit of west sun (Asking for more than 1300 psf). Heard that layout not that fantastic (BW and big balcony). Common bed room can only put in single bed (based on the layout). I think it become popular due to it's freehold status, recent announcement on the future development in Jurong area and it is TOP by end of this yr or early next year. On top of it, plot ratio is low so you dont feel that it is so crowed..

Just my personal view.
    I think 789 was trying to say Botannia is popular on property guru search.

Quote Originally Posted by 789
    If you notice, PG's popular search list is arranged in alphabetical order. So, the number next to the condo's name probably does not indicate its ranking, i.e. Botannia may not the top most searched condo.

Sorry.. didnt read properly..ha

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub
    I think 789 was trying to say Botannia is popular on property guru search.