Thread: Leasehold property sales...soar..

Default Leasehold property sales...soar..

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...ee-demand-soar

UNDENIABELY this is where the market interest lies....

landed--TOO EXPENSIVE
    FREEHOLD--TOO expensive..

99Lh...GOOD LOCATION...HUAT ahhhhh

If buying for own stay, not many would care about FH. Even with 80yr left on the lease, your child may not even outlive that, not to mention you.

Can be summarized into one word

Quantum

You buy 4xxk, can still sell 5xxk and 6xxk
    You buy 6xxk, can still sell 7xxk and 8xxk
    You buy 8xxk, sell 9xxk very difficult liao
    You buy > 1million ... bankers not very rich now, HDB upgraders cannot afford, rent out also < 3k with super low yield

That's why One Dusun Residences can sell, 8 Bassein cannot ... Quantum

And for those who buys for own stay with > 1m now normally must sell HDB ..otherwise can loan only 60% where got bullets

3 markets:

1. MM < 900k
    2. For own stay > 1m < 1.5m
    3. CCR very dead due to ABSD for foreigners

Last edited by phantom_opera; 23-08-12 at 14:10.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

If got bullet, go for CCR now..

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Can be summarized into one word

Quantum

You buy 4xxk, can still sell 5xxk and 6xxk
    You buy 6xxk, can still sell 7xxk and 8xxk
    You buy 8xxk, sell 9xxk very difficult liao
    You buy > 1million ... bankers not very rich now, HDB upgraders cannot afford, rent out also < 3k with super low yield

That's why One Dusun Residences can sell, 8 Bassein cannot ... Quantum

And for those who buys for own stay with > 1m now normally must sell HDB ..otherwise can loan only 60% where got bullets

3 markets:

1. MM < 900k
    2. For own stay > 1m < 1.5m
    3. CCR very dead due to ABSD for foreigners

thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    If got bullet, go for CCR now..
    I think not yet, it is still outside of affordability of 99% of HDB upgraders, prefer to buy China A-share, ROI could be much better in next 5y

Of course if you plan to hold 10+y until ABSD is removed ... then is different story

NTUC income 15y corp bond 3.65% oversubscribed by 15X ... sign of time .. most ppl prefer capital preservation.. just enough to hedge inflation .. nobody is in the mood of flipping CCR hoping for a quick gain

IMHO, landed is very risky because it is 有价无市

I think not yet, it is still outside of affordability of 99% of HDB upgraders, prefer to buy China A-share, ROI could be much better in next 5y

Of course if you plan to hold 10+y until ABSD is removed ... then is different story

NTUC income 15y corp bond 3.65% oversubscribed by 15X ... sign of time .. most ppl prefer capital preservation.. just enough to hedge inflation .. nobody is in the mood of flipping CCR hoping for a quick gain
    so assuming you put 100k into ntuc bonds what do u get at end of 15 years...

IMHO, landed is very risky because it is 有价无市
    Don't quite understand your comment...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

有价无市 means you may see transactions at such high price but why is it that you can advertise and advertise, get >100 agents to market for you and still get ZERO to 1 or 2 very low-ball offer!

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Don't quite understand your comment...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    有价无市 means you may see transactions at such high price but why is it that you can advertise and advertise, get >100 agents to market for you and still get ZERO to 1 or 2 very low-ball offer!
    Where got such thing as got transaction and low ball offer? Not sure where these locations are but during last few mths I have made offers but in the end, the units were sold higher than my offers...mean what? ... I can say that my offers are not low ball compared to the current transactions.
    Last edited by lajia; 23-08-12 at 20:37.

CCR not for hdb dwellers lah.... They don't even bother to look at it... Just have a look at dleedon again... 1500 psf.... But hdb dwellers prefer Watertown.... Coz they just assume they cannot afford it

Why not for own stay?

Opportunity cost

Or you can think of it as a high price stock with very very thin volume.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Or you can think of it as a high price stock with very very thin volume.
    Good analogy
    The absd and Ssd for foreigner is having a medium term dampening effect on high end and prime ccr, if prime ccr softening how can landed continues to go up, those who buys now are simply irrational

Absd and bsd top 12.5pc and with 4y you have ssd risk, would u buy a stock if the upfront cost is 12.5pc plus another penalty when sell within 4y?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Errrm...I advertised my unrenovated terrace to switch to a bigger landed early this year. On the market for less than 2 weeks, furious bidding and sold higher than my asking.

Do check if you buyer has also sold it.
    Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Errrm...I advertised my unrenovated terrace to switch to a bigger landed early this year. On the market for less than 2 weeks, furious bidding and sold higher than my asking.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Do check if you buyer has also sold it.
    Drove past the other day. Undergoing A&A. Think the SSD quite punitive so he'll probably hold for a while or maybe even stay.

Yes. Now less investors buy big units. Most go for MM. Bigger ones and landed own stay or capital appreciation. But got to hold..

Good analogy
    The absd and Ssd for foreigner is having a medium term dampening effect on high end and prime ccr, if prime ccr softening how can landed continues to go up, those who buys now are simply irrational

Absd and bsd top 12.5pc and with 4y you have ssd risk, would u buy a stock if the upfront cost is 12.5pc plus another penalty when sell within 4y?
    sounds like you mean there is a stong link for high end CCR & landed? I dont think ppl are buying landed for flipping or quick turn in short run especially now and hence i would assume that they would rather buy for own stay and for capital appreciation. As you also mentioned that there is a high barrier to entrance now so those who bought are likely for own stay...
    and also, i dont think there is a clear link to CCR, why would you think that CCR soften and landed price will not continue to rise? a high vol of transactions on CCR are from foreigners and for landed, that is not so...therefore, the pricing are not so volatile and dont think it is link to CCR at all, even if not so, might be very insignificant. my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    sounds like you mean there is a stong link for high end CCR & landed? I dont think ppl are buying landed for flipping or quick turn in short run especially now and hence i would assume that they would rather buy for own stay and for capital appreciation. As you also mentioned that there is a high barrier to entrance now so those who bought are likely for own stay...
    and also, i dont think there is a clear link to CCR, why would you think that CCR soften and landed price will not continue to rise? a high vol of transactions on CCR are from foreigners and for landed, that is not so...therefore, the pricing are not so volatile and dont think it is link to CCR at all, even if not so, might be very insignificant. my opinion...
    We are talking about medium term investment here ... not for self stay.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    yup landed property has got NO shortarge of buyers...people will SNAP up...i would too if i had the..$$$

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    yup landed property has got NO shortarge of buyers...people will SNAP up...i would too if i had the..$$$
    the key word here is IF ... . With the way things are going, how manypeople would be able to afford a 4 mil property, assuming, you purchase at 3 mil.