Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 611162126313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1445

Thread: Skies Miltonia @ Miltonia Close- 99 Years By TG Development

Quote Originally Posted by Pynchmail
    Actually 30% premium for a good view is not uncommon.
    I am currently staying in a unit which has a better view than any unit at SM. I was calculating yesterday how much time I spend admiring the view. About 5 glances a day lasting 3-5 secs each. 25 secs a day or about 13 minutes a month. Would I pay a 300k premium for 13 minutes of nice view a month. Of course not. I would be crazy to do that. I bought my unit dirt cheap in 2003 so it did not matter. If I have to pay 300k now, I would rather use that 300k as a downpayment for a MM.

I want to add on is the difference between a reservior view and a sea view.

A reservior view is a death view, with dark green water and green trees. If u go to Lakeview, u will know the view is very static. It is nice of course.

Whereas seaview is completely different, the colour changes.

However, in the nite, all views are just dark dark....

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

A reservior view is a death view, with dark green water and green trees. If u go to Lakeview, u will know the view is very static. It is nice of course.

Singapore's seaview is 3rd rate not like in Phuket or Bali.

Singapore's seaview is 3rd rate not like in Phuket or Bali.

Alamak! Can dun use the word "death" or not? Be sensitive lah. Ppl buy house, u can use other description. Looking out at both (at some distant away) are the same unless nearing beaches, then u will see waves (moving water) or tsunami for far. wahaha......

same at bedok reservoir waterfront condos. Nonetheless, it is cleaner here.

Looking out to the "water" or forest will be dark of coz. This, every1 will know lah

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    I am currently staying in a unit which has a better view than any unit at SM. I was calculating yesterday how much time I spend admiring the view. About 5 glances a day lasting 3-5 secs each. 25 secs a day or about 13 minutes a month. Would I pay a 300k premium for 13 minutes of nice view a month. Of course not. I would be crazy to do that. I bought my unit dirt cheap in 2003 so it did not matter. If I have to pay 300k now, I would rather use that 300k as a downpayment for a MM.

That is up to own preferences.
    It's just you who is used to the view and how much you spend glaring at your view is certainly no concern to skies buyer because many will want to utilize the balconies to appreciate view.
    I sort of feel it is good to have balconies to appreciate the view or one would just take it for granted over time.

Are you aware the fact that skies is 80% sold?
    Besides, I do know the 4 bedder at skies ranges up to over 1.6million, I am not kidding and the take up rate for 4 bedder are very high.

I am curious as to how you manage to compare your view with an actual SM unti when it is not even built yet? Are you also able to sight SCC in your view?

For those who actually got their units during the vvip, the premium is actually much lower than 300k from lvl 6 onwards

Got pic to share? wonder how the view will be like...TIA

Undertand there is night golfing at OCC hence it isn't really that dark at night. Which was also one of my concern when I was looking at MR as the flood lights is almost like those they use for F1. Irregardless of reservoir or sea view, it is still a water feature (good fengshui) and not a big longkang fronting like 8riversuite and river sound.which is not as good for fengshui. A fengshui master also bought a unit here, that must mean something at least.

I stayed in Penang apartment with open sea view. It was a beautiful view, looking the horizon, shiok

Aiya, people already brought, why need to spread discontentment. Must learn to respect other view

U got a good deal back then , it's difficult to get such prices for places with views nowadays. 300k is not a big deal for such when there are EC going for 1.7mil.

Also I do not think it is fair to assume everyone takes only 25 seconds a day like you. For example my neighbours old man just sits out at the balcony and stare into space the whole day which is the other extreme end for comparison.

If for me to choose btw a new SM unit or your unit in todays pricing and other factors, personally I would still opt for SM. No offence.

Quote Originally Posted by RCR
    I stayed in Penang apartment with open sea view. It was a beautiful view, looking the horizon, shiok

Aiya, people already brought, why need to spread discontentment. Must learn to respect other view
    Ya I heard in Penang you can even hear the waves, shiok. Such a coincidence, I think Danntbt also came from Penang maybe you 2 would know each other.

Seaview has got taste of salt in the breeze, and that the corrosion of windows and metals and deterioration of materials are accelerated.

Reservoir and golf course views has got the nice & fresh air breeze.

Just wondering how much must the net profit be before u r willing to sell your unit upon TOP? 100K? 200K? 300K?

Quote Originally Posted by jklm
    Seaview has got taste of salt in the breeze, and that the corrosion of windows and metals and deterioration of materials are accelerated.

Reservoir and golf course views has got the nice & fresh air breeze.

Ooh.... i heard or sea water corrodes window grilles too... but i always thought aluminum grilles will do the trick? Dun install steel lor.

Yup, to oversee Yishun reservoir + golf course, i wld love to be in the house whole day. But i think to oversee Bedok reservoir is kinda eerie. Btw anyone knows which other areas oversee nice reservoirs?

Quote Originally Posted by RCR

I recently view an unit in HK, only 20m to the sea, and the open seas have lots of small island and green, beautiful.

Penang : lack of small islands in the sea..I went to see Infinity, the best stack, love it so much...

ZThere are not a lot of new dev with sea views currently and even if so, they are usually very expensive. On the west coast, the view is peppered with shipyards and ships. On the east coast, existing condos by the edge will block the inner new condos. Pasir ris abit too far for convenience and the seawater is not really safe. PunggolN sembawang and Admiraty will overlook JB.

The next best view would probably be reservoirs and greeneries (e.g Treehouse). Bedok reservoir would be good if not for it being a hotspot for jumpers. As the country urbanised, public transport and rail will be easily available to everyone and most housing while the number of places with nice views will slowly decrease, and so the value of such developments should be able to hold out.

Quote Originally Posted by shareidiot
    Krchy, in your context, may I know what makes you really like the place (Yishun)?

Amenities, serenity, ..... ?

Yes, our place is quite serene (not near mrt track or shopping mall, not facing main road). This means we usually travel by car. This place is in between my parents & in-laws place. We start work early so could reach CBD area in 20 to 25 mins (without much traffic & ERP) after dropping my kid along the way. We do grocery shopping at OCC NTUC (no parking charges). OCC, Safra, seletar reservoir & northpoint are our usual hangout place. Travelling to the east (punggol & changi airport) via seletar & TPE is also quite convenient. Many eating places such as Chong Pang, jalan kayu, upper Thomson. There are also no lack of coffee shops nearby. We have grown to like this place over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Krchyl
    Yes, our place is quite serene (not near mrt track or shopping mall, not facing main road). This means we usually travel by car. This place is in between my parents & in-laws place. We start work early so could reach CBD area in 20 to 25 mins (without much traffic & ERP) after dropping my kid along the way. We do grocery shopping at OCC NTUC (no parking charges). OCC, Safra, seletar reservoir & northpoint are our usual hangout place. Travelling to the east (punggol & changi airport) via seletar & TPE is also quite convenient. Many eating places such as Chong Pang, jalan kayu, upper Thomson. There are also no lack of coffee shops nearby. We have grown to like this place over the years.
    There is NTUC inside OCC? No kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Night
    U got a good deal back then , it's difficult to get such prices for places with views nowadays. 300k is not a big deal for such when there are EC going for 1.7mil.

Also I do not think it is fair to assume everyone takes only 25 seconds a day like you. For example my neighbours old man just sits out at the balcony and stare into space the whole day which is the other extreme end for comparison.

If for me to choose btw a new SM unit or your unit in todays pricing and other factors, personally I would still opt for SM. No offence.
    I got my 1800sq ft unit for 600k. You ask me to pay 1.25m for 960sq ft unit today at SM no thank you. I rather pay that amount to get somewhere near town like 8 Riversuites because after spending almost 10 years with the view, I realised I am not going to miss it or treasure it even if i move out. Or I rather spend the 300k on getting the top ID and do up every corner of the house nicely as that is what you will be forced to look at nonstop.
    I am sure the excitement of the fantastic view will wear off very fast for most SM owners as it did for me. You will become immune to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    That is up to own preferences.
    It's just you who is used to the view and how much you spend glaring at your view is certainly no concern to skies buyer because many will want to utilize the balconies to appreciate view.
    I sort of feel it is good to have balconies to appreciate the view or one would just take it for granted over time.

Are you aware the fact that skies is 80% sold?
    Besides, I do know the 4 bedder at skies ranges up to over 1.6million, I am not kidding and the take up rate for 4 bedder are very high.
    6 months after moving into SM, please do a survey , maybe while at the poolside, look up at all the balconies of the higher floor units and see how mnay of them are sitting at the balcony admiring the view. Then you come and revisit this forum and read what I wrote. See for yourself if I am proven right or not. SM is a nice project but not worth paying 300k premium for the view. You will find out in 4 1/2 yrs time unless you go into denial mode.

ya Penang is nice, will be going back to enjoy the view from Paragon Gurney this December. Shiok....

Quote Originally Posted by Night
    Ya I heard in Penang you can even hear the waves, shiok. Such a coincidence, I think Danntbt also came from Penang maybe you 2 would know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by einnoc
    Just wondering how much must the net profit be before u r willing to sell your unit upon TOP? 100K? 200K? 300K?
    I am so happy that I have gotten my unit. I don't think I will sell. That few hundred Ks is not enough to entice me to give up.

I believe most of the buyers of these premium-view units are for own stay as well.

That's why I strongly believe, for premium-view units, even if one has got the cash, he may not be able to get them, simply because nobody is selling.

Ooh.... i heard or sea water corrodes window grilles too... but i always thought aluminum grilles will do the trick? Dun install steel lor.

Yup, to oversee Yishun reservoir + golf course, i wld love to be in the house whole day. But i think to oversee Bedok reservoir is kinda eerie. Btw anyone knows which other areas oversee nice reservoirs?

Aluminium grilles are reactive to salt as well, amid slower pace.

Yes, the sea breeze and moisture with salt contents will really corrode the metal parts, but that's a solution to it. What I did was to apply a thin layer of car wax or polish on the metallic parts of my chandeliers and balcony ceiling lamp for my sea facing unit. I did an inspection after one yr and there was no sign of tarnish yet.

I do agree with NAV14 that it maybe overpriced. Will removing the premiun make it a more reasonable price, I.e. Selling high floors at 950k and low floors at 650k? The buyers for the BTOs and EC behind SMs will be very tui. SM could probably have achieve 100% sales without official launch. The developer should have consider these else they will not be having only 80% sales so far.

Btw I also got sick of my current city view for the past 30 years, now dilema if I should move at all after knowing I may be sick of the new view as well

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ya Penang is nice, will be going back to enjoy the view from Paragon Gurney this December. Shiok....
    Rem to take some nice photos as well ya? Your photos are quite cool

6 months after moving into SM, please do a survey , maybe while at the poolside, look up at all the balconies of the higher floor units and see how mnay of them are sitting at the balcony admiring the view. Then you come and revisit this forum and read what I wrote. See for yourself if I am proven right or not. SM is a nice project but not worth paying 300k premium for the view. You will find out in 4 1/2 yrs time unless you go into denial mode.

You reap what you sow then, even if the view is not any of other's standard then be it then.
    We buyers, have no control over how nice the view or how much will the view be appreciated.
    Even if the view is not as nice to some but It may be to others, the fresh air and the greenery makes people serene and calm, don't you think?
    I must emphasize the big balconies really do make sense, imagine just a window looking through the view, everyone will take it for granted and get tired of it sooner or later.
    I don't think many would be at living room balconies since the master room has balcony and for premium units, all bedroom have balconies.
    The pool view itself is amazing, the golf course view and reservoir are a bonus.

The denial claim you made may be true as people used to things and take them for granted but no denial it is a great place to stay.

Don't need argue, justbe happy property prices are still cheonging.....so tat we can retire early....Huat ah...,

I have this golf course view infront of me. Swee swee, unblock somemore.
    Nice to have, but not die die must have.
    I even build a trellis at my roof terrace and convert to a garden to admire the view.
    Guess what? Me 6 months never go up to my roof terrace at all.
    After less than 1 year, sian already. Bro nav 14 is right.

Convenience to amendities is something more practical for me and my parents now esp when their age are catching up.
    1.2 plus mil for a 960sqft with golf course view? Well, not alluring to me anymore.
    Last edited by Xan; 31-10-12 at 21:18.